FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 11:29 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Yesterday at 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Experts Help

+6
monash
Roboticfx
smallville
illuminati
cseguide
priyangamal
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need Experts Help Empty Need Experts Help Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm

priyangamal

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Dear Friends,

I have CSD , GRAN , HPFL , CSD. All come down and i almost lost 4 lks from thses. What shall i do??? I cant hold so long , i have to settles credit of 2 lks to broker.

I need to come out from this. Need help from you all.

2Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:44 pm

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics

unrealized losses are common for most of us. As far as you don,t sell it is not a loss. But your case the issue is you have credit to settle. some how try to settle it. but never invest again for credit. That the lesion you should learn from this bitter experience.

3Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 pm

illuminati

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

priyangamal wrote:Dear Friends,

I have CSD , GRAN , HPFL , CSD. All come down and i almost lost 4 lks from thses. What shall i do??? I cant hold so long , i have to settles credit of 2 lks to broker.

I need to come out from this. Need help from you all.

Another victim of buy and hold strategy in a bear market. How can you refrain from commenting when you see such things week after week. That is why I say do not touch any share speculative or otherwise until things have bottomed out. Looking at the majority of posts still we are at the denial stage. Concern and the final capitulation of this bear market is yet to come.
Therefore try to exit whenever there is a fake rally and invest the money you are left with some other venture other than the stock market.

4Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:54 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

There were a time all those were fundamentally in right places but no longer fundamentals supports.. Still CSD stands from the rest for its NAV value of 26 (calculation as of 31st March 2011) but a run can only be expected after market bottoms out..

If you wanna sell try calculating the least loss and sell different quantities of 2-3 stocks..

CT seems to have dumped its CSD holding to retailers, still EPF is holding on to GRAN.. We can say these are Long term counters but then again to reach 200+ it would take a long long time..

5Need Experts Help Empty Need Experts Help Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:03 pm

priyangamal

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

smallville wrote:There were a time all those were fundamentally in right places but no longer fundamentals supports.. Still CSD stands from the rest for its NAV value of 26 (calculation as of 31st March 2011) but a run can only be expected after market bottoms out..

If you wanna sell try calculating the least loss and sell different quantities of 2-3 stocks..

CT seems to have dumped its CSD holding to retailers, still EPF is holding on to GRAN.. We can say these are Long term counters but then again to reach 200+ it would take a long long time..

Thanks to you. I brought GRAN at 158.50 and CSD at 19.00. If i sell GRAN at 100 , i'm getting losed around 1.10lks. If i sell CSD at 11.50 i will lost 1.0 lks as well. Shall i sell GRAN then?

6Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

priyangamal wrote:
smallville wrote:There were a time all those were fundamentally in right places but no longer fundamentals supports.. Still CSD stands from the rest for its NAV value of 26 (calculation as of 31st March 2011) but a run can only be expected after market bottoms out..

Thanks to you. I brought GRAN at 158.50 and CSD at 19.00. If i sell GRAN at 100 , i'm getting losed around 1.10lks. If i sell CSD at 11.50 i will lost 1.0 lks as well. Shall i sell GRAN then?

OMG! Are you going to lose 1lk at once? Shocked

7Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 am

monash

monash

seems like you got caught to peak points of runs.. Myself also still have a considerable unrealized loss from LOLC. But i was able to minimize that loss by using bear market opportunities. So it enabled me to hold on to it.

I can't advice you to do this and do that as i'm not an expert. My personal opinion is fundamentals don't work in CSE. You just need to have bit technical knowledge and common sense if you want to become trader.
But yes, for long term investor fundamentals very important.

If i were you, if i still have buying power i'll buy speculative stock to minimize loss with short term profit although there is high risk involved with it. (You have to enter and exit correct time!)

Usually GRAN's best performing quarter is 4th quarter. So they should be done well in festive season. I expect it to move after release of 4th quarter results.

8Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:28 am

Light of Hope

you are holding stocks which could run fast in a market uptrend. so it's risk to sell off one share. I recommend sell 25% from each stock to meet your requirement. Also it's easy than selling one stock. be patient and put small quantity sell orders and wait for someone to buy from you, rather selling to someone's price. don't try to sell all you need in one day, sell little by little. In my portfolio my biggest loss is from KGAL (I had lot pf profit from it as well), I had it average rs126 where it was trading at around 105 -110, now I hold the same amount of stock and my average is rs103. I have been selling high and buying low, bringing down my average it took like 6 weeks for this. so do it patiently. I hope this helps.

9Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 am

smallville

smallville

priyangamal wrote:

U can sell half from both.. I dont know whether it will pappy to you but u have to take the decision Wink
Why I asked u to sell half of both is that we cannot guarantee the time these will come to your price range.. Market can go further down as we dont have much funds coming in, hardly investors have money now as those have been wiped out by the bear..

10Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 pm

chanvi

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Smile Thanks light this will help me too
Light of Hope wrote:you are holding stocks which could run fast in a market uptrend. so it's risk to sell off one share. I recommend sell 25% from each stock to meet your requirement. Also it's easy than selling one stock. be patient and put small quantity sell orders and wait for someone to buy from you, rather selling to someone's price. don't try to sell all you need in one day, sell little by little. In my portfolio my biggest loss is from KGAL (I had lot pf profit from it as well), I had it average rs126 where it was trading at around 105 -110, now I hold the same amount of stock and my average is rs103. I have been selling high and buying low, bringing down my average it took like 6 weeks for this. so do it patiently. I hope this helps.

11Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:58 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

Light of Hope wrote:you are holding stocks which could run fast in a market uptrend. so it's risk to sell off one share. I recommend sell 25% from each stock to meet your requirement. Also it's easy than selling one stock. be patient and put small quantity sell orders and wait for someone to buy from you, rather selling to someone's price. don't try to sell all you need in one day, sell little by little. In my portfolio my biggest loss is from KGAL (I had lot pf profit from it as well), I had it average rs126 where it was trading at around 105 -110, now I hold the same amount of stock and my average is rs103. I have been selling high and buying low, bringing down my average it took like 6 weeks for this. so do it patiently. I hope this helps.

I think, this is better one bro

12Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Light of Hope

chanvi wrote: Smile Thanks light this will help me too

that's great cheers

13Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Kumar

Kumar

This also one form of shorting or averaging down. Well said bro.
In the bear market period everyone need to use the frequent rallies to overcome their losses.
For this you need to have a sharp mind especially emotional control.
Hope all the above comments will help a lot.

If I were you always I would go for dollar cost averaging.( I mentioned this in the past, We need to have capital)
There are some good threads in this forum regarding dollar cost averaging or you can google it and read.
Usually if you felt you PF coming down 8 -10%, at that point you need to take action, whether leaving or not the scene-again that also big psychological issue to overcome.
Good luck.

BTW I should not post comment on this thread because I'm not a expert.

14Need Experts Help Empty Re: Need Experts Help Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Oh sorry my friend, I saw the last line in your post now.

My advice!

same as light of hopes. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum