FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 8:42 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 6:12 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sadaharitha Plantation ?

+3
BADA LAHI
Roboticfx
rijayasooriya
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Sadaharitha Plantation ? Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:26 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Does anyone have experience with above mentioned company ? One of their marketing officer came to me today with following investment plans.(see the link)(Bussiness is like Touchwood but he says they will give the ownership of the land also)

http://www.sadaharitha.com/contents/investment-plans.php

He said our cricketer T.M.Di---- has also invested in their company and also they are going to list in CSE by end of this year.

2Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Where are you working rijayasuriya? It seems to be your are a gateway of news. especially secrets! Very Happy

3Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:53 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Roboticfx wrote:Where are you working rijayasuriya? It seems to be your are a gateway of news. especially secrets! Very Happy

This is what a their maketing officer has said.I also need furthur clarification.Most of the marketing officers make a dreamy world for the customer.Can not trust most of them.

4Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

I have never heard about this company! Shocked

So, are you an investment adviser or related post?

5Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:04 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Roboticfx wrote:I have never heard about this company! Shocked

So, are you an investment adviser or related post?

No friend.I do not want to reveal my exact work position as it can restrict my freedom of expression but I can say u that it is not even related to the bussiness field.

6Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Sadaharitha Plantation ? Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 pm

BADA LAHI

Stock Trader

http://www.sadaharitha.com/index.php

7Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:04 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

First open a spreadsheet like excel and try to get final figures , comparing a FD and return from those "we grow for you" people at the end of 15 or 20 years. Consider the risk of giving your money to them at the beginning.
Somehow Sadaharitha is acceptable comparing to other similar "Companies", some are already vanished with money collected.

Ownership talk is a carrot , you cannot sell or no one will come to see the land in a far away area surrounded by 100s of other timber plots owned by others and the access is under control of the company inside their farm.

Also consider/compare the cost benefits of even a fewer plants grown by yourself ( if the space is available. ) - What I decided and did at last.

8Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Chinwi wrote:First open a spreadsheet like excel and try to get final figures , comparing a FD and return from those "we grow for you" people at the end of 15 or 20 years. Consider the risk of giving your money to them at the beginning.
Somehow Sadaharitha is acceptable comparing to other similar "Companies", some are already vanished with money collected.

Ownership talk is a carrot , you cannot sell or no one will come to see the land in a far away area surrounded by 100s of other timber plots owned by others and the access is under control of the company inside their farm.

Also consider/compare the cost benefits of even a fewer plants grown by yourself ( if the space is available. ) - What I decided and did at last.

With some sort of risk it seems profitable than FD.But that is not my main concern.Can they sustain their bussiness in this manner ? They give the ownership of the land which means if they want to be profitable they will have to buy lands continually.And that lands should be suitable for their cultivation process.

Can they go on buying lands for years continuosly ? When they are in short of land that will remarkedly reduce their income and profits.What would remain is the maintain cost. So will they continualy maintain their cultivation properly ?

They are planning to buy harvest,produce some other products,I think, to overcome those problems.But in that case also they offer freedom to sell the harvest at owner's wish with 5% commission for them.It will furthur reduce their profits.So my main concern is whether they can sustain for longer period of time ?

On the other hand with full payments they offer the ownership of that land and freedom to sell that land after 5 years of time(I am not 100% sure about this).After ownership change can they escape from maintaining the trees if they want/if necessity arrives ?

9Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Fresher

rijayasooriya wrote:
Chinwi wrote:First open a spreadsheet like excel and try to get final figures , comparing a FD and return from those "we grow for you" people at the end of 15 or 20 years. Consider the risk of giving your money to them at the beginning.

With some sort of risk it seems profitable than FD.But that is not my main concern.Can they sustain their bussiness in this manner ? They give the ownership of the land which means if they want to be profitable they will have to buy lands continually.And that lands should be suitable for their cultivation process.

Can they go on buying lands for years continuosly ? When they are in short of land that will remarkedly reduce their income and profits.What would remain is the maintain cost. So will they continualy maintain their cultivation properly ?

They are planning to buy harvest,produce some other products,I think, to overcome those problems.But in that case also they offer freedom to sell the harvest at owner's wish with 5% commission for them.It will furthur reduce their profits.So my main concern is whether they can sustain for longer period of time ?

On the other hand with full payments they offer the ownership of that land and freedom to sell that land after 5 years of time(I am not 100% sure about this).After ownership change can they escape from maintaining the trees if they want/if necessity arrives ?

further, i'm asking myself what is their profit in this business if management is free.
do they take a chunk at the harvest or do they sell the land at a premium?

10Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:57 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

npp wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

further, i'm asking myself what is their profit in this business if management is free.
do they take a chunk at the harvest or do they sell the land at a premium?

They sell the land at a premium.They offer to buy the harvest at a their price but sametime owner can sell the harvest to anyother party by paying 5% commission to them(sadaharitha company)

11Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:08 pm

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

rijayasooriya wrote:Does anyone have experience with above mentioned company ? One of their marketing officer came to me today with following investment plans.(see the link)(Bussiness is like Touchwood but he says they will give the ownership of the land also)

http://www.sadaharitha.com/contents/investment-plans.php

He said our cricketer T.M.Di---- has also invested in their company and also they are going to list in CSE by end of this year.

Last year when i was in SL i went to some exbithion at BMICH and this company was having a stall their and when inquired they said same thing and want me to take me to show their plantations.. but only thing i was worry about the future of these type of companies.. so i did not went.. Hope same like green field.. i think better if you can buy a land and grow some thing like teak..coconut ec.. I am very much like to buy some thing in plantation.. working in overseas making it diffcult

12Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 pm

cnj1980

Stock Trader

Hi, i have been through many investment instruments the world over and i firmly believe that any investment that contributes to mother nature is the future, however one has to be vigilant on whom to invest with. the industry you are referring to is agro-forestry and the model of this industry is very promising, however the company you are referring to isn't sustainable as you correctly pointed out. most of these forestry products are long term, hence the company stability and their business process are very important. best way is to run through their annual report if they have one. if they done it means the company is not transparent in their dealings..this could be a start for you. i hope this helps

13Sadaharitha Plantation ? Empty Re: Sadaharitha Plantation ? Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 pm

manula

cnj1980 wrote:Hi, i have been through many investment instruments the world over and i firmly believe that any investment that contributes to mother nature is the future, however one has to be vigilant on whom to invest with. the industry you are referring to is agro-forestry and the model of this industry is very promising, however the company you are referring to isn't sustainable as you correctly pointed out. most of these forestry products are long term, hence the company stability and their business process are very important. best way is to run through their annual report if they have one. if they done it means the company is not transparent in their dealings..this could be a start for you. i hope this helps

CNJ ..first welcome to the forum... yes the business process is very impormtent and agriculture sector is having the good future.. but only thing is the transparentacy.. I am not sure they have annual report or not.. These are the long term investment s that why we have to be very carefull.. in long run many thing can happen...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum