FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to Lose Your Money on the Stock Market

+7
airborne
Redbulls
wiki
K.Haputantri
MY MONEY
sriranga
SL.Market
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to Lose Your Money on the Stock Market Empty How to Lose Your Money on the Stock Market Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market
Vice President - Equity Analytics

How to Lose Your Money on the Stock Market

Business is good. Sales figures are up. Profits are up.

What to do with the surplus you ask? Many turn to the stock market, however business success doesn’t automatically mean investing success.

The 10 Most Common Mistakes in Investing

By Jason Fittler

1. Treating stocks like property. You should never buy stocks and simply just hold. You must keep up to date with what is happening to your company. Companies are living breathing entities; in short they are people making decisions - some good, some bad. A house is a lump of concrete which goes up and down based on the economy, a company can change focus and the price can over shoot, as such regular monitoring of your stocks makes sure that you take advantage of the opportunities and cut any losses.

2. Focusing on transaction costs not profit. If you’re worried about the transaction costs on a investment chances are it is not a good investment. Profit is what counts not costs.

3. Trying to cherry pick only good investments. What happens in the market is out of your control, to reduce risk you need a diversified portfolio. Some shares will go bad it is a fact of investing, deal with it and move on.

4. Buying hot tips. You might hear one of these a year. I hear about 20 a week. 99% fail.

5. Using discount brokers. Yes they are cheap, but you need to put in considerable time to make sure you have researched your stocks and keep up to date with current issues in regards to your stocks. If you do not work this would suit. If you do work, always consider if you will make more money working a little longer and paying someone to look after your investments or by spending your time on doing the investments yourself.

6. Buying magic software. (Charting programs) These are a scam. If the program was fool proof why sell it to the public you would make way more money trading with it.

7. Holding bad stocks. If a stock does not turn out how you plan, sell it and move on. Nothing is gained by holding.

8. Not taking profits. Do not hold a stock and try and suck out every dollar. If you make a good gain take it and move on. You will never go broke taking a profit.

9. Not sticking to the game plan. If you buy a stock for a short term gain, only hold short term. If the announcement does not come, get out and move on. If you are buying for a long term hold and the price dips, continue to hold for the long term. Stick to the game plan, know when you will sell before you buy.

10. Taking advice from the media, friends, family or taxi drivers. Get professional advice. Do the research or pay someone to do the research. Investing is a long term full contact sport.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Good one to read.
Thanks for sharing.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

MY MONEY

MY MONEY
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

thanks for sharing

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks.

wiki

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thanks ..good one

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Good one.

airborne

airborne
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I totally disagree with number 5, this author sure works in the financial industry (Morgan or Merryl) so he gives some good ideas and doesn't forget to promote himself. In number 10 also he gives a subtle message..pay for financial advice( A good way of losing money in my opinion).

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

To earn profit you should know how to loose money!

Unique and good thought!
Good work!
Keep it up!
Thanks for sharing!

Kumar

Kumar

I read following article from http://maciuras.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-lose-money-on-the-stock-exchange

Many wrote how to earn money I will write how to lose your money on the stock exchange in simple way.
Enjoy.

Principles
Don’t create the investment strategy. Act spontaneously.
Don’t study. You are the best knowledge is unnecessary.
Still have hope that the market will grow. Always.
Ignore negative signals. Negative signals are positive for you.
Be sentimental. I will never sell because I like it.
Average losses. I’m always right.
Follow the crowd. Turn the thinking off.
Listen to advice of your broker. A broker is your friend.
Invest all savings in one share. Your investment is the best.
Be impatient. He is supposed to be the way I want.
Buy on peaks sell in holes. I like peaks.
Invest and forget about it. Oups.
Listen to the guru. The guru knows better.
Be restless and irritated.
Break principles. Principles? Break them
Play with big stakes. This is it!
Don’t cut losses. Less money. Fewer worries.
Struggle with the trend. I hate it.
Ignore your own mistakes. You’re the best.
Don’t search for the information about companies. What?
Invest blindly. I can’t see nothing. I’m always right.
Take a loan. Absolutely to the large per cent
Invest according to what they are writing in the media. They always say so much clever things. I love them.
Often change position. I like to pay commissions.
When you have doubts invest more money. Relax.
Be pleased with small profits. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Realize large losses. I will work it off.
Play with other people’s money. More money please.
Let the profit turn into the loss. Never mind.
Don’t think. Still I know everything.
Act under the influence of emotion. I love adrenaline.

ccsentha

Thanks for sharing.......

apollo5001

apollo5001
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

thanks

airborne

airborne
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Nice one Kumar..Thanks

SL.Market

SL.Market

airborne wrote: I totally disagree with number 5, this author sure works in the financial industry (Morgan or Merryl) so he gives some good ideas and doesn't forget to promote himself. In number 10 also he gives a subtle message..pay for financial advice( A good way of losing money in my opinion).

Normally Touching hot tips by big Players long ago before touching by small investors... When Small investors touching those... big investors take the harvest

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum