FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this the best time to invest new money ?

+11
Redbulls
K.Haputantri
Roboticfx
smallville
mnilanga
ccsentha
Rajaraam
hariesha
lakmalrupasinghe
bullrun
notme
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

notme

notme
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

reasons ? please share your ideas ! flower flower flower

notme

notme

what has happened to the theory of "buy when others sell and sell when others buy"

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes, this is the ideal time, if you have savings which do not want to get back soon. Go for fundamentally sound things. They will go slowly not like speculative. When the market is fully geared you can even think about speculative too.

lakmalrupasinghe

Stock Trader

I also beleive now its the best time to invest when the shares are all time low.

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes. This is the best time to invest, as I believe.

1. On the local side we can see buying from large institutions and equity funds.

2. On the foreign side, we can see very large funds (sovereign funds), which hasn't being into the local bourse earlier picking up shares. Mid-size funds also highly active on buying. I believe foreign individuals and Sri Lankans living abroad also in the buy side as evident in net foreign inflows on small turnover days like today.

For Sri Lankans living abroad it's an unbelievable opportunity. Most shares are at less than 50% of the price than it was one year back. On top of that they are getting another 15% discount in the currency conversion.

3. So, where is the problem? Some of the retailers were totally exhausted as their portfolios were mainly with speculative shares as they wanted quick money. They entered the market at high levels. The existing retailer’s buying power is limited or they are in a negative mind set. Most in this category are the people who joined very recently.

People, who have been in the market before the war is over, are not worried. They know by experience, capital market is giving better returns than fixed deposits. People who had the habit of investing certain portion of their income in the CSE are certainly happy about current situation. It’s like a 2nd Innings for them. They had a good first innings after the war.

4. Then the HNWIs. We can see two types of HNWIs in CSE.

a. Investors - We can see this category has become active now.
ie: Dr. S. He is buying certain shares, probably for averaging. Only
Dr.S and few others are getting highlighted as they directors of
respective companies. Others are hardly visible.

b. Traders – These guys are bit silent. They need a crowded market for
their games. But some are there. Look at volumes of PCH and GREG.
PCH is the most liquid share in the market now. Even in a very dull
market day like today, around 300,000 shares traded without
significant price movement.

bullrun

bullrun

Weldone Harieshe,

Your words will become true soon.

Rajaraam

bullrun wrote:Weldone Harieshe,

bullrun , you understand it correctly.Today turnover low . but INDEX remained stable .

ccsentha

Rajaraam wrote:
bullrun wrote:Weldone Harieshe,

bullrun , you understand it correctly.Today turnover low . but INDEX remained stable .

mate, so you are predicting that we are some where close to the start of a bull run?

bullrun

bullrun

Don't think about Bull Run. Think about the growth! Think to invest at least medium term. If you go after Bull Run, you will definitely loose.

10Is this the best time to invest new money ?  Empty v gud explanation. tks lot Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:29 am

mnilanga

mnilanga
Stock Trader

hariesha wrote:Yes. This is the best time to invest, as I believe.

1. On the local side we can see buying from large institutions and equity funds.

2. On the foreign side, we can see very large funds (sovereign funds), which hasn't being into the local bourse earlier picking up shares. Mid-size funds also highly active on buying. I believe foreign individuals and Sri Lankans living abroad also in the buy side as evident in net foreign inflows on small turnover days like today.

For Sri Lankans living abroad it's an unbelievable opportunity. Most shares are at less than 50% of the price than it was one year back. On top of that they are getting another 15% discount in the currency conversion.

3. So, where is the problem? Some of the retailers were totally exhausted as their portfolios were mainly with speculative shares as they wanted quick money. They entered the market at high levels. The existing retailer’s buying power is limited or they are in a negative mind set. Most in this category are the people who joined very recently.

People, who have been in the market before the war is over, are not worried. They know by experience, capital market is giving better returns than fixed deposits. People who had the habit of investing certain portion of their income in the CSE are certainly happy about current situation. It’s like a 2nd Innings for them. They had a good first innings after the war.

4. Then the HNWIs. We can see two types of HNWIs in CSE.

a. Investors - We can see this category has become active now.
ie: Dr. S. He is buying certain shares, probably for averaging. Only
Dr.S and few others are getting highlighted as they directors of
respective companies. Others are hardly visible.

b. Traders – These guys are bit silent. They need a crowded market for
their games. But some are there. Look at volumes of PCH and GREG.
PCH is the most liquid share in the market now. Even in a very dull
market day like today, around 300,000 shares traded without
significant price movement.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Hariesha seems to have given a good view on today's investment oppertunities, so I'd make my comment short.

Foreign accounts with locals or foreigners ususally are investors. They buy shares with a mid to long-term view. Therefore; if they buy today at a low price or even buy after a week or so a little bit of lower than today would not make any difference for them I guess.
What I'm trying to imply is the difference in a ruppee, two or three down from a share's price would not make a significant impact on their buying, they'll keep averagin their favourite counters regarless of the possible losses.
Cuz they know that the rupee devaluation even their losses in a case of a loss if they suddenly wanted to quit.

Rajaraam wrote:Weldone Harieshe,

Raja, at low volumes; do u think indexes are on Green side due to genuine buy or pushed up buys with large caps?

bullrun wrote:Don't think about Bull Run. Think about the growth! Think to invest at least medium term. If you go after Bull Run, you will definitely loose.

True enuf.. Bull or not, there are oppertunities..

But overally I'm not that satisfied how market operates with low volumes..
So I'd wait a few more days and see..

My advice for collectors -> If ur target is to collect 10K shares in a particular counter, get it done in chunks. dont buy in 5000, 3000 quantities at once. Go on 500-1000 chunks.

If would not make sense to average down normally, but given the scenario that we could be on a market bottom as few TAs predicted, it would be worthwhile to follow. Cuz what technically we see could also be a manipulated game, therefore we have to cut down the possible losses in case of market heading South.

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Bull and bearish tightly connected with the investors' confidence. (Actually the real meanings of these two words). I asked and learned a lot of things related to this stream from my lecturer who is an expert and he has practical experience about 35 years.

Now we are at the middle of bull and bear but bearish signals can be seen significantly. As my lec's opinion, this has caused as of the two parties of investors, who have positive ideas(buyers) and who have negative ideas(sellers and silent investors). At the present the power of both of them are approximately equal. When positive party extend their extent, bull signals will be generated. The background of the market should be cleared and corrected to reach that situation. After first bull come to the market, up and down price pattern (zig zag) will start. Sometimes, downwards will be deep. ( we will think that's another blood pool but it won't) When all bulls come, market will go ahead positively. The roads of this trip will be decided by other factors.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

smallville wrote:Hariesha seems to have given a good view on today's investment oppertunities, so I'd make my comment short.

Foreign accounts with locals or foreigners ususally are investors. They buy shares with a mid to long-term view. Therefore; if they buy today at a low price or even buy after a week or so a little bit of lower than today would not make any difference for them I guess.
What I'm trying to imply is the difference in a ruppee, two or three down from a share's price would not make a significant impact on their buying, they'll keep averagin their favourite counters regarless of the possible losses.
Cuz they know that the rupee devaluation even their losses in a case of a loss if they suddenly wanted to quit.

Raja, at low volumes; do u think indexes are on Green side due to genuine buy or pushed up buys with large caps?

bullrun wrote:Don't think about Bull Run. Think about the growth! Think to invest at least medium term. If you go after Bull Run, you will definitely loose.

My advice for collectors -> If ur target is to collect 10K shares in a particular counter, get it done in chunks. dont buy in 5000, 3000 quantities at once. Go on 500-1000 chunks.

If would not make sense to average down normally, but given the scenario that we could be on a market bottom as few TAs predicted, it would be worthwhile to follow. Cuz what technically we see could also be a manipulated game, therefore we have to cut down the possible losses in case of market heading South.

You have given us a well balanced view (of the curent volatile situation) which would certainly guide members safely in to the uncertain future. Thanks Smallville. This is the kind of contribution I expect from every one. Your yeoman service to the community is appreciated.

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

K.Haputantri wrote:
smallville wrote:Hariesha seems to have given a good view on today's investment oppertunities, so I'd make my comment short.

You have given us a well balanced view (of the curent volatile situation) which would certainly guide members safely in to the uncertain future. Thanks Smallville. This is the kind of contribution I expect from every one. Your yeoman service to the community is appreciated.

Totally agree with all of your comments.
But external forces may overturn the situation from bad to worse even worst due to our back bone less cabinet and super power.
(Recent incident of abduction and surrender story how our guys are handling the matter seems to be another heading for south)
No doubt we are seeing 52 weeks low on more counter, good oppertunity. But these power hunger guys stupid actions can lead to even 104 or 156 week low.
For me after last week,better to look for some alternative investment for time being is the best solution.

kam2011

Roboticfx wrote:Bull and bearish tightly connected with the investors' confidence. (Actually the real meanings of these two words). I asked and learned a lot of things related to this stream from my lecturer who is an expert and he has practical experience about 35 years.

Now we are at the middle of bull and bear but bearish signals can be seen significantly. As my lec's opinion, this has caused as of the two parties of investors, who have positive ideas(buyers) and who have negative ideas(sellers and silent investors). At the present the power of both of them are approximately equal. When positive party extend their extent, bull signals will be generated. The background of the market should be cleared and corrected to reach that situation. After first bull come to the market, up and down price pattern (zig zag) will start. Sometimes, downwards will be deep. ( we will think that's another blood pool but it won't) When all bulls come, market will go ahead positively. The roads of this trip will be decided by other factors.

Very valuable thoughts Robo.

Slstock

Slstock

Roboticfx wrote:Bull and bearish tightly connected with the investors' confidence. (Actually the real meanings of these two words). I asked and learned a lot of things related to this stream from my lecturer who is an expert and he has practical experience about 35 years.

Yes what your lecturer said are valid facts. In other words this bull/bear period should lead to a consolidation so the market will become more stable without huge hikes or huge drops. I repeatedly mentioned in the forum that consolidation is the next best thing before the next bull/bear run. Then again maybe we can see some ups and down.

No market goes straight up or starigh down. No market that is natural that is Wink

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Ha ha! well done by cse! Now background is becoming better!

mra

mra
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

My feeling is that, this is not the right time to buy. CSE may witness ASI below 5000 level soon. there won't be bull run or bear run. just few points here and there could be seen. invest in FD is more suitable things to do at this moment.

RG

Stock Trader

I started collecting rich from this January. Very Happy As a habit I keep investing some money at CSE, but don't expect to withdraw those at least 10 years.

now a days working more hours to find some extra money to invest in CSE bounce . I hope our market will bounce back soon to previous level.

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

RG wrote:I started collecting rich from this January. Very Happy As a habit I keep investing some money at CSE, but don't expect to withdraw those at least 10 years.

now a days working more hours to find some extra money to invest in CSE bounce . I hope our market will bounce back soon to previous level.

Good thoughts ma friend! Keep it up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum