FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Stock Market Online Trading Game (Vstox)

+42
Sarabulathwita
hlsindrajith
Dr Stock
OzTRADER
Madushan Megasooriya
Sstar
fff4sl
Market R
skyfall
spw19721
avishk567
malan100
shane001
sikka89
kalindusri
yaka
csetrader
oops
prabath
Jeremy
traderathome
Malika1990
wgsaman
dinusl
kas
prasadrmb
kav4
ha_na
sureshot
swan03
mark
CSE.SAS
rijayasooriya
wallstreetguy
Gaja
CSE1
STOCK SLAYER
sanjaya351
Belgrade
chamith
greedy
Quibit
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

kas

Manager - Equity Analytics

Is (VSTOX) considering stock splits in PF calculations ?

Jeremy

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes

csetrader

Stock Trader

Game is not working. prices are not updated

wallstreetguy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

csetrader wrote:Game is not working. prices are not updated

Prices have been updated so far! But transactions are blocked!

Jeremy

Please look at the game trading time. Its between 6 pm to 9 am in the morning..
Happy Trading. Your order cannot exceed the actual quantities traded in the market. Eg; You cannot buy 1000 Kalamazoo shares unless such quantities have traded in the real market.

yaka

yaka

very interesting i registered.many thnx for this. btw i didn't see prices updating for 3 days now.may be bcos it's very small change in stocks i bought but i think it should be up to date exactly to correct prices to get the game going. nywy hope it will be more and more interestiing in future

kalindusri

Stock Trader

I can't buy or sell....

Jeremy

Jeremy

Please check the trading times. Trading begins at 6 pm and closes at 9 am.
www.vstox.com

Jeremy

Jeremy

Market seems to be edging close to 6,000. Good time to start playing the game and simulate various trading strategies.

www.vstox.com

wallstreetguy

This game has so many bugs! Have the admins even thought about fixing the bugs.

I could make a list of bugs which could be really annoying, but it still a good game.

I have a problem. Im not able to buy NEST share in the game. I have so much funds and it says "You have exceeded your buying power".

This has been there for a long time, and god know for how many other stocks this message comes.

The game has not unlocked its full potential. Please fix it, and also open the billionaires game

Jeremy

Jeremy

wallstreetguy wrote:This game has so many bugs! Have the admins even thought about fixing the bugs.

I could make a list of bugs which could be really annoying, but it still a good game.

I have a problem. Im not able to buy NEST share in the game. I have so much funds and it says "You have exceeded your buying power".

This has been there for a long time, and god know for how many other stocks this message comes.

The game has not unlocked its full potential. Please fix it, and also open the billionaires game

Trading is limited to actual quantities traded in the CSE. NEST share does not trade in big qunatities therefore you have to check the quantity available before placing the order.

Billionares game would be opened after we fix all the running bugs. We will have a look at the other bugs you mentioned. Apppreciate if you could give us a further feedback so that we coold improve the game and fix these bugs.

wallstreetguy

No. 1 position in the billionaire game! And unfortunately transactions are frozen in this game. Please activate this game, since the market condition is also great, it would be a utter shame if this wasn't fixed before hitting peak.

Speaking about the Porto-folio Manager

1. Shares like NEST are unable to trade

2. password limits to 7 characters

3.When you try to sell your positions, and if the quantity is more than the traded the quantity, you cant sell everything, you have to log out and log in several times depending your holding position

4. I still don't know how the banking system works in this game, deposit rate seems to be working as I interest gets accumulated every day, but don't know how does the lending rate works since I cant borrow. I get the error message 'You have exceeded your buying power'

5. No dividends is being accumulated to my portfolio.

So far, this is what I can think of and have faced. i will keep it updated. Please if there is anyone who is playing this game, please update.

Such a great game , I would say. I'n hooked on to it. Its a great tool to test your investment instincts and strategies.

sikka89

Market red
Vstox not working
Unfair.

Jeremy

Jeremy

It is working perfectly. Trading hours 6pm to 9 am

sikka89

GMNet wrote:It is working perfectly. Trading hours 6pm to 9 am
Website wont load.Check,
Link please if website is working.

sikka89

sikka89 wrote:
GMNet wrote:It is working perfectly. Trading hours 6pm to 9 am
Website wont load.Check,
Link please if website is working.

Website not loading now.Link?

shane001

Hey, this is look like good game..... will have to play these days coz market decline Very Happy 

Jeremy

Jeremy

Best Fund Manager - 2014
This is a Premium Portfolio Management Game for the Year 2014 and is open for registration now. All players will be evaluated on the performance based on portfolio valuation as at 31st December 2014. Winner will be awarded the 'Fund Manager -2014' by VstoX.

We are offering free registration/entry and Rs 10mn virtual money for Sri Lanka Equity Forum members who register before 31st March 2014.

Please click below to register or login to the new game.
http://www.vstox.com

Jeremy

Jeremy

Player statistics of current VstoX games:

Portfolio Manager (All time):1974 Players
Best Fund Manager - 2014 : 57 Players (Registration closing on 31st March 2014)

Please feel free to join the free game and learn stock market trading. Limited time offer.
www.vstox.com

95Free Stock Market Online Trading Game (Vstox) - Page 4 Empty re Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:01 pm

malan100

malan100
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

GMNet wrote:Player statistics of current VstoX games:

Please feel free to join the free game and learn stock market trading. Limited time offer.
www.vstox.com
      is there a way to invest money as a fd for a time period.. other thing is if w have a dividend from a share will it add to our pf. thanks...

Jeremy

Jeremy

malan100 wrote:
GMNet wrote:Player statistics of current VstoX games:

www.vstox.com
      is there a way to invest money as a fd for a time period.. other thing is if w have a dividend from a share will it add to our pf. thanks...

If your share is entitled to Dividends, it will come to your account on the due date. Further if you keep money in the bank you will earn bank interest at the prevailing FD rate. ALso if you overdraw your account then you will have to pay interest to the bank. To get a overdraft facility you need to buy VstoX points. Currently VstoX points are given free.

97Free Stock Market Online Trading Game (Vstox) - Page 4 Empty FAQ - Virtual Stock Market Game (VstoX) Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

http://www.vstox.com/index.php/dashboard/faq

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Colombo Virtual Stock Exchange (VstoX)?
Virtual Stock Exchange (VstoX) is a stock market simulation game for fun and educational purposes. The VstoX provides a platform for players to engage in buying and selling of shares of publicly listed companies listed with the use of virtual cash.

What is the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)?
The Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) is the official organization responsible for the operation of the stock market in Sri Lanka. Virtual Stock Exchange (VStoX) has no connection or affiliation whatsoever with the CSE except that VstoX simulation game uses publicly available stock market data and information released by the CSE.

What is a listed company?
Names of the companies listed in the VstoX. All publicly listed companies may or may not be included in this list.

What is a stock?
A stock is the part ownership of a business. They can be bought and sold based on market prices.

What is virtual trading?
Virtual trading is the practice of trading stocks in a simulated environment where real money is not involved. Any gains or losses made are not reflected with actual currency.

How do I open a virtual trading account?
To open a Virtual Trading Account in the VstoX, you should login to www.vstox.com and click Register tab. Provide all required information. Currently all games are offered free and there are no fees payable for registration.

Can I play more than one game?
Each registered player is entitled to play any number of challenges offered by VstoX but entitled only to a single entry to the main game ‘ VstoX – Portfolio Manager’

How much virtual cash I receive when I register?
You would receive virtual cash based on the game you may have selected from the list of challenges offered by VstoX from time to time. You can also purchase virtual cash by redeeming points.

How do I purchase and sell shares, warrants, rights etc?
You can buy and sell shares, warrants, rights etc. by clicking on the stock code of the respective company. You can also subscribe to warrants or rights using the same option.

Can I keep money in the Bank?
Yes, you can keep all your money in the bank. You will continue to earn interest offered by the bank for the period you keep money in the bank. Interest rates will be updated from time to time.

What is the trading hours of the Vstox?
VstoX trading commences at Sri Lanka Time 18.00 hours and close on the following day at 9.00 Hours.

How many transaction I could do for a trading day
Maximum of 10 transactions allowed per day. You can buy additional transactions using points.

What are the buying and selling prices of shares?
Buying and selling prices of shares would be based on End of the Day (EOD) data provided by the Colombo Stock Exchange.

How do I get points?
You will receive points as awards or if not you could buy points using PayPal.

How do I get information about companies?
You could obtain information about companies by visiting the News section of the game.

How to get Reports about my performance?
There are various reports available in the Report section of the game. Please feel free to select from an array player, game and market reports to compare and contrast your trading strategy with other player.

avishk567

avishk567
Stock Trader

What happened to this game? No updates, I tried to register with this game so many times. But its not working. Isnt there any space to beginner or student who has passion on Business? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? scratch scratch pale 

spw19721

spw19721
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

dear GMNet,

I created an account on 03-08-2014.When I try to log in a massage is appearing "please activate your account before login".Please help me with that issue,I'm new to share market.

thank you.

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Please check your spam mail for the authentication email to activate your account.

skyfall

Where's GMNet? Is he alive?

102Free Stock Market Online Trading Game (Vstox) - Page 4 Empty sign up for Vstox Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:20 pm

spw19721

spw19721
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Dear Sstar,

I have checked spams,trash,All mail in my gmail but ended up with the same result.then I created a different Gmail & Signed up with a different name(19/8/2014).but still i haven't got any mails.Please help me. Crying or Very sad 

Thank you

Market R

Market R

I have the same issue. Pls help

fff4sl

fff4sl

After register. I didn't get email to activate my account.

Sstar

Sstar

fff4sl wrote:After register. I didn't get email to activate my account.
Check your spam mail

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum