FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute


Submit Post

CHRONICLE ANALYTICS
All Share Index (ASI), S&P, Milanka Price Index (MPI), Moving Averages and all other analytical graphs and charts

Contribute

Twitter Feeds

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » EXPERT CHRONICLE™ » Good shares ? Time to analyze and post findings. Open invitation to all.

Good shares ? Time to analyze and post findings. Open invitation to all.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Slstock


Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Good shares ? Time to analyze and post findings. Open invitation to all.  - Page 2 Top-1010

This is a follow up on my  below post
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19816-some-thoughts-on-cse-market-situation-at-present

Most seniors, fundamental analysts, tech analysts , pattern readers who where once active in the forum is staying away due to the great bear trend and micro/macro factors. We rarely see good discussions now a days. Most items are news related.

We know many would have  got burnt to their skin specially those who where playing with speculative shares like GREG,REEF, HVA,EAST,PAP, RGEM   etc etc. Some blue chips which were overvalued were not spared. A bitter experience coupled with more negative news is even keeping the strongest of the lot who survived so far  to seek safer havens. Whoever has money left would have chosen to move what their remaining investments  to FDs,treasury bills , high yielding savings with lesser risk and sure gain.

But let me draw your attention to another side. The once over blown and over heated ASI, MPI  corrected from 7800 to 4700 and 4200 respectively. This is a massive drop. In the meantime many shares have corrected and over corrected their value. We see shares with PEs of lesser than 5 ,
below NAV, below IPO. Even the shares which were done at bargain private placement and offered at over priced IPO prices  are nearing those placement targets.  Speculative have blown their hot air out.

When the daily volumes started to dry up and the sellers are now selling their  bargain priced shares with lesser tendency/volume it is a decent sign that the bear is slowly tiring.  We recently hit the lowest turnover in 3 years! When the strongest of those survived the bear also starts leaving, it is another sign that the so called "dumb money" ( no offence) is leaving and the smart money starts coming in.  I am not saying the bear trend has ended. NO.There can be sudden drops due to weak mentality .  But I see no reason why ASI should drop below 4500 -4700. But IT CAN as none of us have a magic ball in our hands to predict. But all I can say is one's losses is this bear is  going to be another's longer term gain.  Some possibly by 50-200% with time. Easily it will beat the FD rates hand down when it happens. FD,Treasury rates cannot go up for ever. It has to start stabilizing and coming down at some point.

This forum is small representation of the CSE. The mentalities , the participation , the promotion type posts disappearing, the unnecessary arguments are all part of the frustration. The bear was/is still laughing. Bull is on vacation. The consolidation is what we should see now.  

If we try to identify the market bottom we might miss the bus. At some point there will be a sudden few days of hikes and those people who expected it again to drop might not be so lucky.
See below
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19797-it-is-really-much-better-than-few-weeks-back-level

All this time foriegner where slowly collecting. They only collected shares with higher caps like JKH,DIST,COMB,DFCC,CFIN etc.  
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19562-foreign-purchase-and-sales-june-2012

But note there are so many other shares which trade with much stronger fundamentals and also has hidden forces that can drive them sky high during a bull. What are those shares? What are the hidden asset shares?

For the Long term investors:

I invite the seniors, analysts and anybody with enthusiam to come join and post their share analysis.  But please post with reasons. This is the time to analyse. Time to analyze is NOT when the bull starts and when the forum is flooded with promotional posts with 1 line target prices. Those posts will be useless to figure out what to buy as the speculative cycle will begin with them and the risk factor will be higher.

Those who stay away from market will miss trading opportunities at least. During june itself some share gained 30-40% from the bottom.

Also below will be good reads for the above discussion

1)http://www.lbo.lk/fullstory.php?nid=1657744509
2)http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19552-if-the-fundamentals-are-sound-the-stock-price-is-bound-to-recover
3) http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19808-double-bottom?highlight=double+bottom
  http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19520-double-bottom?highlight=double+bottom

I/we  welcome your posts and analysis. Loosen  you shackles , open your eyes, try to be ahead of the pack!

All the best.

Share this post on: redditgoogle

@Alchemist

Great Stuff dude!
I'm seeing this type of post after few years Very Happy

@slstock wrote:Great start to the discussion. This is the kind of a start we for a good analysis. This conglomerate
which is hidden under the "beverage" sector also is due to get some compensation from the government isn;t it? Trading at PE of about 6 and around NAV. Foreigner are already onto collecting it.




[/quote]
DIST got Rs 5.6 Bn from government from the suprime court judgement of SLIC.Thought the actual amount is more than that, they got only a lesser amount.Other part I believe was forced to offer to a very powerful politician.
But according to the court decision the retained profit could be accounted by DIST to its P&L .But will it be a mere book entry?
I observe that they are increasing the dividend pay out steadily.This time Rs 3 few years back it was 50 Cents.

Fantastic reasoning and value picking like Antonym mentioned. You seem to have an eye for the good ones and seem to be the patient investor. I like that.

BUKI/CARS is a special stock with some hidden assets as you mentioned. It the rich mans share. It was very much overvalued when it ran to Rs 1600 on speculation but it corrected quite a bit in the down trend. ( now Rs 750). Overall market is getting to attractiv levels. One of these day ( many days maybe month) boom..



@The Alchemist wrote:@ SLSTOCK, my top ten picks in no particular order of importance are as follows :

1. BUKI (Rs. 750) – owns approx 63 % of GoodHope Asia Holdings and 45 % of Carsons. GoodHope Asia is a world class, fully integrated Palm Oil company in the food sector. Buki is trading at under 10 times earnings and 65 % of adjusted NAV. Its palm oil sector business is overseas and will not be affected by Sri-Lankan macro issues. We can expect 30 % CAGR in profits in the future due to their plantation maturity profile and demand / supply fundamentals of Palm Oil pricing. Please also refer previous posts in regard to Buki and their websites www.goodhopeasia.com and www.premiumveg.com

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t18950-can-goodhope-asia-holdings-buki-cars-subsidiary-become-a-future-felda?highlight=buki

2. CINV / GUAR - Trading at approx 60 % their NAV with a strong exposure to BUKI (63 % of their portfolio value), JKH, COMM BANK. Rest of portfolio comprises blue chips such as NEST, CARGILLS, EXPO, DURDANS, ASIRI, TOKYO, PLC, AITKEN SPENSE HOTELS, etc.
more info on thread :
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t17433-exchange-rate-and-palm-oil-prices-impact-cars-buki?highlight=buki

3. CIT/CFI - great exposure to the CFLB Group. Owns approx 25 % of CFLB which in turn owns COLO, EBCREASY, LANKEM , KOTA, ETC. Trading at approx 50 % of their NAV. Pls also refer thread :
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19060-this-is-what-i-know-about-cflb-what-do-you-know-share?highlight=cflb

4. NDB – trading at 5-6 times trailing earnings.

5. RENUKA CITY HOTELS (RENU) - Trading at approx Rs 200 / share, RENU has Rs 175 Cash, Rs 175 equity portfolio comprising of 1 : 1 DFCC, COMM Bank,NTB & JKH & a Property / Hotel business which is profitable. NAV between Rs 400-450 and share price around Rs. 200. Value proposition is hard to beat.

6. Richard Peiris (RICH) - A diversified conglomerate penny stock (in your own words ?!) with exposure to plantations (NAMU, KGAL), Property, Retail and Manufacturing. Trading under 5 times trailing earnings. Perhaps out of favour due to excess liquidity created by 15 : 1 split last year. Low P/E stocks could give you a decent dividend yield too. Also NAMU has good exposure to Palm Oil and KGAL leader in Rubber.

7. DOCKYARD (DOCK) – Cash rich company with strong balance sheet. Trading at 7-8 times trailing earnings with ship buidling / repair order book full upto 2014/2015. Strong Japanese management ownership and technical knowhow. Well poised to benefit from Sri-Lanka’s port developments / shipping hub / oil discovery future.

8. LMF – A play on DIST ! However way you look at it, LMF owns 12.85 % or approx 38 mill shares in DIST on its own issued shares of 40 Million. So, almost 1 : 1 value on DIST at 35-40 % discount to DIST price. LMF will act as a in the money call option on DIST which is trading at approx 6-7 times trailing earnings. Now, Melstacorp, a 100 % subsidiary of DIST will have to make a mandatory offer to purchase LMF shares. Thus, LMF, which currently owns 12.85 % of MELSTACORP via DIST will be owned by Melstacorp. This cross holding loop will in effect create infinity value to LMF.and lets not forget about LMF Dairy business and Farms, Largest milk powder packing plant is south east asia etc. If you consider look-through earnings through DIST, LMF EPS is over Rs. 20 so trading under 5 times earnings. If you mark to market DIST Shares, LMF trading at 50 % NAV.

9. DIMO – Engineering giant, with valuable TATA (& Merc) Agency. The BATTA is selling like hotcakes. Trading at 2 times trailing earnings & maybe trading at 5 times forward earnings ?

10. PLC – subsidiary of Peoples Bank. Trading at 3-4 times trailing earnings and good dividend yield. Future business will be impacted due to current macro issues but state patronage in their leasing business will cushion them somewhat. Best of peers in the leasing space consisting of LOLC & CFIN.

Some other shares worth looking into for the future are : CFIN, CEYLON COLD STORES, CIC (NV), HEMAS, EXPO, VONE, RHL, ALLI, CT HOLDINGS, DIALOG and HNB (NV).

In the speculative share category, the following shares have many reasons to appreciate in the future : HUNTERS, GREG, ECL, LVEN, BFL, LIOC, MORI (NV).

I would definitely collect AEL at this current level looking at their cash flows ND Balance sheet these price levels seems good and in addition to that infrastructure is a main area focused by the government with many more projects to come in the future AEL will definitely have the opportunity to grow at a rapid pace and might become one of the blue chips in the CSE.


BTW,
LIOC has been a silent giant for many years now with fundamentals also. Must be one of the most frustrating shares in the market for the holder due to govn influence in its business.
CTholding is a conglomerate for the future. It is a growth share. Right not fundamental wise it is not one of the best. But it certainly has big growth potential with time.


@slstock wrote:Fantastic reasoning and value picking like Antonym mentioned. You seem to have an eye for the good ones and seem to be the patient investor. I like that.

BUKI/CARS is a special stock with some hidden assets as you mentioned. It the rich mans share. It was very much overvalued when it ran to Rs 1600 on speculation but it corrected quite a bit in the down trend. ( now Rs 750). Overall market is getting to attractiv levels. One of these day ( many days maybe month) boom..



@The Alchemist wrote:@ SLSTOCK, my top ten picks in no particular order of importance are as follows :

1. BUKI (Rs. 750) – owns approx 63 % of GoodHope Asia Holdings and 45 % of Carsons. GoodHope Asia is a world class, fully integrated Palm Oil company in the food sector. Buki is trading at under 10 times earnings and 65 % of adjusted NAV. Its palm oil sector business is overseas and will not be affected by Sri-Lankan macro issues. We can expect 30 % CAGR in profits in the future due to their plantation maturity profile and demand / supply fundamentals of Palm Oil pricing. Please also refer previous posts in regard to Buki and their websites www.goodhopeasia.com and www.premiumveg.com

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t18950-can-goodhope-asia-holdings-buki-cars-subsidiary-become-a-future-felda?highlight=buki

2. CINV / GUAR - Trading at approx 60 % their NAV with a strong exposure to BUKI (63 % of their portfolio value), JKH, COMM BANK. Rest of portfolio comprises blue chips such as NEST, CARGILLS, EXPO, DURDANS, ASIRI, TOKYO, PLC, AITKEN SPENSE HOTELS, etc.
more info on thread :
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t17433-exchange-rate-and-palm-oil-prices-impact-cars-buki?highlight=buki

3. CIT/CFI - great exposure to the CFLB Group. Owns approx 25 % of CFLB which in turn owns COLO, EBCREASY, LANKEM , KOTA, ETC. Trading at approx 50 % of their NAV. Pls also refer thread :
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t19060-this-is-what-i-know-about-cflb-what-do-you-know-share?highlight=cflb

4. NDB – trading at 5-6 times trailing earnings.

5. RENUKA CITY HOTELS (RENU) - Trading at approx Rs 200 / share, RENU has Rs 175 Cash, Rs 175 equity portfolio comprising of 1 : 1 DFCC, COMM Bank,NTB & JKH & a Property / Hotel business which is profitable. NAV between Rs 400-450 and share price around Rs. 200. Value proposition is hard to beat.

6. Richard Peiris (RICH) - A diversified conglomerate penny stock (in your own words ?!) with exposure to plantations (NAMU, KGAL), Property, Retail and Manufacturing. Trading under 5 times trailing earnings. Perhaps out of favour due to excess liquidity created by 15 : 1 split last year. Low P/E stocks could give you a decent dividend yield too. Also NAMU has good exposure to Palm Oil and KGAL leader in Rubber.

7. DOCKYARD (DOCK) – Cash rich company with strong balance sheet. Trading at 7-8 times trailing earnings with ship buidling / repair order book full upto 2014/2015. Strong Japanese management ownership and technical knowhow. Well poised to benefit from Sri-Lanka’s port developments / shipping hub / oil discovery future.

8. LMF – A play on DIST ! However way you look at it, LMF owns 12.85 % or approx 38 mill shares in DIST on its own issued shares of 40 Million. So, almost 1 : 1 value on DIST at 35-40 % discount to DIST price. LMF will act as a in the money call option on DIST which is trading at approx 6-7 times trailing earnings. Now, Melstacorp, a 100 % subsidiary of DIST will have to make a mandatory offer to purchase LMF shares. Thus, LMF, which currently owns 12.85 % of MELSTACORP via DIST will be owned by Melstacorp. This cross holding loop will in effect create infinity value to LMF.and lets not forget about LMF Dairy business and Farms, Largest milk powder packing plant is south east asia etc. If you consider look-through earnings through DIST, LMF EPS is over Rs. 20 so trading under 5 times earnings. If you mark to market DIST Shares, LMF trading at 50 % NAV.

9. DIMO – Engineering giant, with valuable TATA (& Merc) Agency. The BATTA is selling like hotcakes. Trading at 2 times trailing earnings & maybe trading at 5 times forward earnings ?

10. PLC – subsidiary of Peoples Bank. Trading at 3-4 times trailing earnings and good dividend yield. Future business will be impacted due to current macro issues but state patronage in their leasing business will cushion them somewhat. Best of peers in the leasing space consisting of LOLC & CFIN.

Some other shares worth looking into for the future are : CFIN, CEYLON COLD STORES, CIC (NV), HEMAS, EXPO, VONE, RHL, ALLI, CT HOLDINGS, DIALOG and HNB (NV).

In the speculative share category, the following shares have many reasons to appreciate in the future : HUNTERS, GREG, ECL, LVEN, BFL, LIOC, MORI (NV).

Actually i was referring to the SUGA saga compensation soileconomy.


@soileconomy wrote:
@slstock wrote:Great start to the discussion. This is the kind of a start we for a good analysis. This conglomerate
which is hidden under the "beverage" sector also is due to get some compensation from the government isn;t it? Trading at PE of about 6 and around NAV. Foreigner are already onto collecting it.




DIST got Rs 5.6 Bn from government from the suprime court judgement of SLIC.Thought the actual amount is more than that, they got only a lesser amount.Other part I believe was forced to offer to a very powerful politician.
But according to the court decision the retained profit could be accounted by DIST to its P&L .But will it be a mere book entry?
I observe that they are increasing the dividend pay out steadily.This time Rs 3 few years back it was 50 Cents.



Last edited by slstock on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

@slstock wrote:
BTW,
LIOC has been a silent giant for many years now with fundamentals also. Must be one of the most frustrating shares in the market for the holder due to govn influence in its business.

Yes I agree with you.
Few of my friends invested in CSE for 1st time with LIOC IPO.
IPO price was Rs 27 and within few months share price shot up to mid 50s.. There was a huge interest from government and private sector companies. Then slowly and steadily, price has been coming down and as you said its probably one of the worst hit share in the market. Even in 2009/2010 LIOC was going south.

To be honest I'm scared look into LIOC as an investment but time to time there are some trading potentials with this counter.

Agree with UKBoy on LIOC.

Anyway, now LIOC has become one of my friendly shares.
It has displayed a very predictable swing pattern in the past.

@Slstock-Thank you very much for opening a thread like this,as you can see many are waiting for a such a discussion rather than news items.
@Alchemist-Good collection with a very good analysis.

These are my picks,
RENU,DIST,CINV,PLC,RICH,CFLB,UML

CFLB-A diversified group,trading below it's NAV and PE around 5 once the plantations starts doing well it will shoot up.

UML-At current price PBV below 1 PE around 2,the issue is the tax,I think even with tax it could easily pass 100,nearly 40% gain.

HVA,LITE,PARQ,ACME,LDEV Good for time to time ride.

VONE, GLAS, SAMP, BFL at current level

CWM & BFL at the moment.

@Hawk Eye wrote:CWM & BFL at the moment.


aren't there any other value stocks other than them??????

JKL is also one of the counter to keep on eye.

Keshav dislikes this post

@Redbulls wrote:JKL is also one of the counter to keep on eye.

Very bad volumes.. climbed from 55.10 to 59 in 5 days Wink Yesterday vol was 1900 as opposed to 100s that normally trade..
Didnt analyse this fundamentally or technically.. Lets see Wink


Check for further discussion on possible buys
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t20607-time-to-buy-softlogic-research

very good discussion slstock..

@xmart wrote:very good discussion slstock..

Welcome back xmart :-)


You can also check the small analysis I did on ACL, KCAB, APLA



http://research.srilankaequity.com/t457-acl-kcab-apla

YES true .... that all three are well below its NAV and PER also fair so can have a run ...
but unfortunately energy costs will effect manufacture sector very badly in coming season.

Can someone tell me about haycarb- HAYC please.Buy,hold or sell?

Why CINV at this point ? long term ?

@pathfinder wrote:@Slstock-Thank you very much for opening a thread like this,as you can see many are waiting for a such a discussion rather than news items.
@Alchemist-Good collection with a very good analysis.

These are my picks,
RENU,DIST,CINV,PLC,RICH,CFLB,UML

CFLB-A diversified group,trading below it's NAV and PE around 5 once the plantations starts doing well it will shoot up.

UML-At current price PBV below 1 PE around 2,the issue is the tax,I think even with tax it could easily pass 100,nearly 40% gain.

HVA,LITE,PARQ,ACME,LDEV Good for time to time ride.

[quote="Backstage"]Why CINV at this point ? long term ?

@ Backstage

1. CINV has a current NAV of Rs 135 - 140. Its 3 biggest holdings are Buki, JKH & Comm Bank (75 % of NAV). Balance 25 % of portfolio value comprises of significant holdings in Sampath, PLC, Nestle, Asiri, Durdans, Tokyo Cement etc.

2. As you may be aware, in JKH & COMM Bank, there is significant foreign interest. Buki is now Rs 700/= down from its Feb 2011 high of Rs 1600/=. This is due to relatively lower prices for Palm oil starting from October 2012. average price for palm oil during period sep 2009 - sep 2012 was average RM 3000 / = tonne. currently at around Rm 2400-2500/= Tonne.

3. CINV through RIT owns approx 10 % of Buki which in turns owns approx 64 % of Good Hope Asia Holdings in Singapore (directly and through Carsons). A big event will take place in Singapore mid 2013 which will place value of GoodHope Asia Holdings at usd 1.2 Billion. Thats all i can say on that ! Go Figure ! Hint - Check Debt levels on Balance Sheet and then look at the profile of the newly appointed Board of Directors of GAHL (in mid 2012) on the website www.goodhopeholdings.com

4. This means that Buki will be worth approx USD 770 Million on its GoodHope Asia Holdings Stake. divide this by 102 million shares and you come up with usd 7.55 / share or Rs 980 / Share. this does not inclue 46 % of Carsons non Palm oil business value such as Breweries, Real Estate and Investment Holdings.

5. Palm Oil prices may not remain low forever. current low prices due to inventory build up in malaysia which is due to higher seasonal supply and lower seasonal demand from EU and China due to these countries economic situations. already, analyst are signalling a bullish stance due to wintering season for palm oil, and weather concerns for the soyabean crop in South America. furthermore, as Palm oil prices drop, it becomes more attractive and viable for Biodeisel as crude prices are relatively high.

6. Meanwhile back at the ranch, GoodHope Asia is set to increase its matured plantations by 40 % in 2013 and 2014. This will offset fixed costs and enable to them benefit from better economies of scale.

7. Due to its Palm Oil Exposure with prospects of improving fundamentals, "event" in mid 2013, exposure to sought after other Blue Chips in the market, trading at 63 % of its NAV, and most importantly being a pet stock of the EPF/ETF, It is one of the better Investment Holding companies in the CSE.

Oh gosh ! Shocked I never expected such a comprehensive answer. I will try to digest it to the best of my limited capabilities. Thanks Alchy, I was getting worried about CINV, my average is 140/ Sad

It seems you guys have missed HHL Question Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation 

@The Alchemist wrote:
@Backstage wrote:Why CINV at this point ? long term ?

@ Backstage

1. CINV has a current NAV of Rs 135 - 140. Its 3 biggest holdings are Buki, JKH & Comm Bank (75 % of NAV). Balance 25 % of portfolio value comprises of significant holdings in Sampath, PLC, Nestle, Asiri, Durdans, Tokyo Cement etc.

2. As you may be aware, in JKH & COMM Bank, there is significant foreign interest. Buki is now Rs 700/= down from its Feb 2011 high of Rs 1600/=. This is due to relatively lower prices for Palm oil starting from October 2012. average price for palm oil during period sep 2009 - sep 2012 was average RM 3000 / = tonne. currently at around Rm 2400-2500/= Tonne.

3. CINV through RIT owns approx 10 % of Buki which in turns owns approx 64 % of Good Hope Asia Holdings in Singapore (directly and through Carsons). A big event will take place in Singapore mid 2013 which will place value of GoodHope Asia Holdings at usd 1.2 Billion. Thats all i can say on that ! Go Figure ! Hint - Check Debt levels on Balance Sheet and then look at the profile of the newly appointed Board of Directors of GAHL (in mid 2012) on the website www.goodhopeholdings.com

4. This means that Buki will be worth approx USD 770 Million on its GoodHope Asia Holdings Stake. divide this by 102 million shares and you come up with usd 7.55 / share or Rs 980 / Share. this does not inclue 46 % of Carsons non Palm oil business value such as Breweries, Real Estate and Investment Holdings.      

5. Palm Oil prices may not remain low forever. current low prices due to inventory build up in malaysia which is due to higher seasonal supply and lower seasonal demand from EU and China due to these countries economic situations. already, analyst are signalling a bullish stance due to wintering season for palm oil, and weather concerns for the soyabean crop in South America. furthermore, as Palm oil prices drop, it becomes more attractive and viable for Biodeisel as crude prices are relatively high.    

6. Meanwhile back at the ranch, GoodHope Asia is set to increase its matured plantations by 40 % in 2013 and 2014. This will offset fixed costs and enable to them benefit from better economies of scale.  

7. Due to its Palm Oil Exposure with prospects of improving fundamentals, "event" in mid 2013, exposure to sought after other Blue Chips in the market, trading at 63 % of its NAV, and most importantly being a pet stock of the EPF/ETF, It is one of the better Investment Holding companies in the CSE.
You really want to know more about Goodhope Asia Question 

@Bond wrote:
You really want to know more about Goodhope Asia Question 
yes yes ! tell tell ! Smile

@Bond wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Backstage wrote:Why CINV at this point ? long term ?

@ Backstage

1. CINV has a current NAV of Rs 135 - 140. Its 3 biggest holdings are Buki, JKH & Comm Bank (75 % of NAV). Balance 25 % of portfolio value comprises of significant holdings in Sampath, PLC, Nestle, Asiri, Durdans, Tokyo Cement etc.

2. As you may be aware, in JKH & COMM Bank, there is significant foreign interest. Buki is now Rs 700/= down from its Feb 2011 high of Rs 1600/=. This is due to relatively lower prices for Palm oil starting from October 2012. average price for palm oil during period sep 2009 - sep 2012 was average RM 3000 / = tonne. currently at around Rm 2400-2500/= Tonne.

3. CINV through RIT owns approx 10 % of Buki which in turns owns approx 64 % of Good Hope Asia Holdings in Singapore (directly and through Carsons). A big event will take place in Singapore mid 2013 which will place value of GoodHope Asia Holdings at usd 1.2 Billion. Thats all i can say on that ! Go Figure ! Hint - Check Debt levels on Balance Sheet and then look at the profile of the newly appointed Board of Directors of GAHL (in mid 2012) on the website www.goodhopeholdings.com

4. This means that Buki will be worth approx USD 770 Million on its GoodHope Asia Holdings Stake. divide this by 102 million shares and you come up with usd 7.55 / share or Rs 980 / Share. this does not inclue 46 % of Carsons non Palm oil business value such as Breweries, Real Estate and Investment Holdings.      

5. Palm Oil prices may not remain low forever. current low prices due to inventory build up in malaysia which is due to higher seasonal supply and lower seasonal demand from EU and China due to these countries economic situations. already, analyst are signalling a bullish stance due to wintering season for palm oil, and weather concerns for the soyabean crop in South America. furthermore, as Palm oil prices drop, it becomes more attractive and viable for Biodeisel as crude prices are relatively high.    

6. Meanwhile back at the ranch, GoodHope Asia is set to increase its matured plantations by 40 % in 2013 and 2014. This will offset fixed costs and enable to them benefit from better economies of scale.  

7. Due to its Palm Oil Exposure with prospects of improving fundamentals, "event" in mid 2013, exposure to sought after other Blue Chips in the market, trading at 63 % of its NAV, and most importantly being a pet stock of the EPF/ETF, It is one of the better Investment Holding companies in the CSE.
You really want to know more about Goodhope Asia Question 
Aney please please tell will you, aney please please please......

Ane ow, with mee paeni .

Will pretty please with sugar on top work?


@Backstage wrote:
@Bond wrote:
@The Alchemist wrote:
@Backstage wrote:Why CINV at this point ? long term ?

@ Backstage

1. CINV has a current NAV of Rs 135 - 140. Its 3 biggest holdings are Buki, JKH & Comm Bank (75 % of NAV). Balance 25 % of portfolio value comprises of significant holdings in Sampath, PLC, Nestle, Asiri, Durdans, Tokyo Cement etc.

2. As you may be aware, in JKH & COMM Bank, there is significant foreign interest. Buki is now Rs 700/= down from its Feb 2011 high of Rs 1600/=. This is due to relatively lower prices for Palm oil starting from October 2012. average price for palm oil during period sep 2009 - sep 2012 was average RM 3000 / = tonne. currently at around Rm 2400-2500/= Tonne.

3. CINV through RIT owns approx 10 % of Buki which in turns owns approx 64 % of Good Hope Asia Holdings in Singapore (directly and through Carsons). A big event will take place in Singapore mid 2013 which will place value of GoodHope Asia Holdings at usd 1.2 Billion. Thats all i can say on that ! Go Figure ! Hint - Check Debt levels on Balance Sheet and then look at the profile of the newly appointed Board of Directors of GAHL (in mid 2012) on the website www.goodhopeholdings.com

4. This means that Buki will be worth approx USD 770 Million on its GoodHope Asia Holdings Stake. divide this by 102 million shares and you come up with usd 7.55 / share or Rs 980 / Share. this does not inclue 46 % of Carsons non Palm oil business value such as Breweries, Real Estate and Investment Holdings.      

5. Palm Oil prices may not remain low forever. current low prices due to inventory build up in malaysia which is due to higher seasonal supply and lower seasonal demand from EU and China due to these countries economic situations. already, analyst are signalling a bullish stance due to wintering season for palm oil, and weather concerns for the soyabean crop in South America. furthermore, as Palm oil prices drop, it becomes more attractive and viable for Biodeisel as crude prices are relatively high.    

6. Meanwhile back at the ranch, GoodHope Asia is set to increase its matured plantations by 40 % in 2013 and 2014. This will offset fixed costs and enable to them benefit from better economies of scale.  

7. Due to its Palm Oil Exposure with prospects of improving fundamentals, "event" in mid 2013, exposure to sought after other Blue Chips in the market, trading at 63 % of its NAV, and most importantly being a pet stock of the EPF/ETF, It is one of the better Investment Holding companies in the CSE.
You really want to know more about Goodhope Asia Question 
Aney please please tell will you, aney please please please......

This is the real Slstock thread.

Now see the difference.

@greedy007 wrote:This is the real Slstock thread.

Now see the difference.

I am sorry Greedy, I am not particularly interested in analysing the comments of just one member. We are also not interested in finding out who they are and what their writing style. This is a free forum and we do not encourage other members to share their personal details here. I have noticed some many members using multiple login. We request members to refrain from doing so. Thank you.



Last edited by Quibit on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Keshav dislikes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum