FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» WindForce (WIND) IPO Overview
by EquityChamp Today at 10:09 am

» Norway -> biggest shareholder of NDB
by shihan 93 Today at 9:56 am

» A Strong bounce back of ASI is on the cards
by Equityinvestor Yesterday at 10:09 pm

» Prominent Investors of the colombo stock market
by Walbaba Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Yesterday at 3:41 pm

» Many positives for Next week
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 12:29 pm

» Maldives records over 100,000 tourist arrivals in first 35 days of the year
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:59 am

» Kind of behavior traders engage in when they are frustrated and want their money back from the market. Stock market for beginners
by lal62 Yesterday at 7:40 am

» EXPO EXPO EXPO
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 12:35 am

» still I believe this
by 100Bill Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:21 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm

» Investor sentiment - will there ever be a recovery?
by xhunter Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:49 pm

» Let's have a stop-loss strategy to maximize investment returns in stock market
by EquityChamp Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:19 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:56 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by samaritan Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:41 pm

» කොටස් මිල දී ගන්න මෙය හොඳම කාලයයි – රාජ්‍ය අමාත්‍ය කබ්රාල්
by samaritan Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 pm

» IS it right time to stick to warren buffett's most famous saying ???
by Mr. X Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:02 pm

» CSE - The World's best performer!
by Vishwanarth Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:42 pm

» Best Broker
by Wickyz Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:32 pm

» Game Changed! SUPER GREEN
by Karthick Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:24 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CFIN crossing at 800 and then

CFIN crossing at 800 and then

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:07 am

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
there has been a crossing at 800, bit lower than the market price today. and then the price went up to 940 and coming down. how dumb are the colombo investors. more credit on top of credit.

2CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 am

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
1.6 million shares crossed today.It's almost 12% of the total shares. The seller is likely to be SLIC. They hold 1,672,833 shares as of December 2010 interim report. Let's see who is the buyer.

3CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:34 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:1.6 million shares crossed today.It's almost 12% of the total shares. The seller is likely to be SLIC. They hold 1,672,833 shares as of December 2010 interim report. Let's see who is the buyer.

It is value for money & over a billion profits in 5 consecutive years. Buyer must be an intelligent player not a pearson manipulates prices.

4CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 pm

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
you don't manipulate price by buying 12% Very Happy it's a crossing
what is interesting is the aftermath
crossing happens at 800 but price went up to 940

5CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:28 pm

cse.alpha


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Unconfirmed reports from brokers are that one of Perpetual 'Ashok' Capital - Free Lanka - Aloysius triumvirate was involved on buy side of CFIN today, perhaps with a little bit of help from Taprobane Securities.

6CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:02 pm

planter


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
There are soem rumors and promoting going on for this share. Some of the people I know was saying to buy it because it will hit Rs 1500 soon! Very Happy . Anyway the financials for the share looks quite good although I would not jump in to buy anything till at least another week!

7CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:12 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@cse.alpha wrote:Unconfirmed reports from brokers are that one of Perpetual 'Ashok' Capital - Free Lanka - Aloysius triumvirate was involved on buy side of CFIN today, perhaps with a little bit of help from Taprobane Securities.

We can not see any announcement regarding the transaction.

8CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@planter wrote: There are soem rumors and promoting going on for this share. Some of the people I know was saying to buy it because it will hit Rs 1500 soon! Very Happy . Anyway the financials for the share looks quite good although I would not jump in to buy anything till at least another week!

Ok . i don't believe that Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation would let go some thing going to hit Rs 1500 soon at Rs.800 Rolling Eyes

if by any chance it happened " soon " i will totally lose my faith in this government and withdraw my life insurance from Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Wink

The only "Excuse" I accept by them is they let it go becoz of a MARGIN CALL Rolling Eyes

9CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 pm

wis


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Any idea or theories what could be the reason presumably Sri Lanka Insurance sold this?

10CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:09 pm

achala75


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I have heard that SRI LANKA INSUARANCE is planing to put up a 5 star hotel in Hambantuta area. Thare was a paper add. on that some time ago.. May be they are collecting funds fo the Hotel project.

11CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 pm

tubal


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Meta Trader wrote:
@planter wrote: There are soem rumors and promoting going on for this share. Some of the people I know was saying to buy it because it will hit Rs 1500 soon! Very Happy . Anyway the financials for the share looks quite good although I would not jump in to buy anything till at least another week!

Ok . i don't believe that Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation would let go some thing going to hit Rs 1500 soon at Rs.800 Rolling Eyes

if by any chance it happened " soon " i will totally lose my faith in this government and withdraw my life insurance from Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Wink

The only "Excuse" I accept by them is they let it go becoz of a MARGIN CALL Rolling Eyes

Meta you know how this works already but in case you have forgotten:
1) A large parcel get's traded.
2) retailers suddenly notice a company that has been outside their radar and jump in.
3) big boys know what's coming up next so they hold onto their stuff.
4) retail speculators drive the price through the roof.
5) big boys start selling.
6) retailers come to places like this and ask "I bought XX and now I am stuck with it, what do you think I should do?"

12CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@tubal wrote:
@Meta Trader wrote:
@planter wrote: There are soem rumors and promoting going on for this share. Some of the people I know was saying to buy it because it will hit Rs 1500 soon! Very Happy . Anyway the financials for the share looks quite good although I would not jump in to buy anything till at least another week!

Ok . i don't believe that Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation would let go some thing going to hit Rs 1500 soon at Rs.800 Rolling Eyes

if by any chance it happened " soon " i will totally lose my faith in this government and withdraw my life insurance from Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Wink

The only "Excuse" I accept by them is they let it go becoz of a MARGIN CALL Rolling Eyes

Meta you know how this works already but in case you have forgotten:
1) A large parcel get's traded.
2) retailers suddenly notice a company that has been outside their radar and jump in.
3) big boys know what's coming up next so they hold onto their stuff.
4) retail speculators drive the price through the roof.
5) big boys start selling.
6) retailers come to places like this and ask "I bought XX and now I am stuck with it, what do you think I should do?"
But this is not a bad share. They have produced decent results during this financial. I believe it should trade over Rs. 1000/-. BTW I am happy to earn some quick bucks by disposing my shares at 935/-, which I collected last Friday.

13CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 pm

wis


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
And it was the first thing presumably Sri Lanka Insurance disposed of for something. Is their future outlook consistent? I remember like they were putting their money to an apartment building.

14CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 am

cse.alpha


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
http://print.dailymirror.lk/business/127-local/38905.html

SLIC sells Central Finance stake


http://www.ft.lk/2011/03/22/perpetual-capital-buys-9-of-central-finance-for-rs-1-5-b/

Perpetual Capital buys 9% of Central Finance for Rs. 1.5 b

15CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 am

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
there must have been lots of new debt created yesterday from the cfin transactions

16CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:50 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator
it seems that alloysies brothers(perputal capital) are investing aggressively in very good shares.
I think they have collected large amounted of gran,bfl,tafl,cfin etc.. all are really attractive at this price level.

17CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@econ wrote:it seems that alloysies brothers(perputal capital) are investing aggressively in very good shares.
I think they have collected large amounted of gran,bfl,tafl,cfin etc.. all are really attractive at this price level.

Dont forget ASHO Smile

Anyway its a higly talented family so I cant see anything goes wrong.

18CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Monster wrote:
@tubal wrote:
@Meta Trader wrote:
@planter wrote: There are soem rumors and promoting going on for this share. Some of the people I know was saying to buy it because it will hit Rs 1500 soon! Very Happy . Anyway the financials for the share looks quite good although I would not jump in to buy anything till at least another week!

Ok . i don't believe that Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation would let go some thing going to hit Rs 1500 soon at Rs.800 Rolling Eyes

if by any chance it happened " soon " i will totally lose my faith in this government and withdraw my life insurance from Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Wink

The only "Excuse" I accept by them is they let it go becoz of a MARGIN CALL Rolling Eyes

Meta you know how this works already but in case you have forgotten:
1) A large parcel get's traded.
2) retailers suddenly notice a company that has been outside their radar and jump in.
3) big boys know what's coming up next so they hold onto their stuff.
4) retail speculators drive the price through the roof.
5) big boys start selling.
6) retailers come to places like this and ask "I bought XX and now I am stuck with it, what do you think I should do?"
But this is not a bad share. They have produced decent results during this financial. I believe it should trade over Rs. 1000/-. BTW I am happy to earn some quick bucks by disposing my shares at 935/-, which I collected last Friday.
I made a wrong decision yesterday. Sad . CFIN has passed Rs1000/- today.

19CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:41 am

planter


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@planter wrote: There are soem rumors and promoting going on for this share. Some of the people I know was saying to buy it because it will hit Rs 1500 soon! Very Happy . Anyway the financials for the share looks quite good although I would not jump in to buy anything till at least another week!

Told you what I heard:Smile

20CFIN crossing at 800 and then Empty Re: CFIN crossing at 800 and then Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:48 am

SuGi

SuGi
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
may i buy 100 shares of CFIN @ 1100 tommorow ??? is there a big risk???

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum