FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not at SEC to safeguard anybody’s interest: Godahewa

+4
Sylvester1234
Redbulls
Amaratunga
Malika1990
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Malika1990

Malika1990
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

He says his approach does not confine only to regulate. “Education is a big part of my job,” he stresses, quite unlikely to the two regulators before him, who threw in the towel in a span of just one year, ducking to pressures from all over. Will this new formula help him to stay in the job longer than the previous duo?

“This job was not something I asked for. Given my track record, it came my way. So, I don’t have to do anything special to keep my job. I just try to execute the responsibilities vested upon me from the SEC Act. Since I accepted this job, I have been losing financially, as I no more can invest in stocks. So, earlier I get out, it’s better for me financially,” says Dr. Nalaka Godahewa, who was appointed Chairman, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last August, following the very public and controversial resignation of Thilak Karunaratne.

Track record
Godahewa was a prominent figure in the country’s private sector, starting his career at MAS Holdings as a management trainee and then to become its youngest CEO later. His last private sector job was at Sri Lanka Insurance (SLI).
“I quit Sri Lanka Insurance to concentrate on my PhD. But after 18 months, SLI was taken over by the government and there was a lot of pandemonium. So, they wanted somebody who understood the business, to function as the competent authority. They found out that I was the last CEO at SLI and I was contacted and asked whether I could become the competent authority.”

According to Dr. Godahewa, it marked his entry to the public sector. Then the government offered him a top post in the tourism sector—which can again be viewed as a damage controlling job—as there were a number of individuals prior to him took short spells at it.

“I was quite happy there. But then as we all know, the SEC was going through a difficult time and because of that, the President asked me whether I could come in and assist to stabilize the situation. This was how I came to the SEC. All my public sector jobs came because there was a necessity and they felt I could step in. When I came, I found out that it was a very exciting job,” Godaheva reminisced.

Two sides of the coin
Although this was his side of the story- how he ended up in the high seat at the SEC- some were seen to be having a different story to tell altogether.
Allegations mounted that his powerful friends, some of them who were believed to have engineered the ousting of Thilak Karunaratne, were behind placing him in the top seat to safeguard their own interests and escape the high profile investigations the SEC was said to be conducting at the time.
“As I said, I didn’t ask for this job and therefore, I have no major desire to protect this seat. I don’t believe anyone asked the President to appoint me. I’m not here to safeguard anybody’s interest but to look after the development of the capital market, thereby supporting the country’s economy.”

“I was in the private sector for about 17 years and any Chairman or CEO in this country I can call by their first names. Very rarely you find a person who doesn’t know me. Is that a crime?” he queried.

Rush of adrenaline?
It was no secret that the mere speculation that Godahewa was going to be appointed the SEC Chairman pushed market indices up and after a few weeks of him assuming duties, the Colombo bourse, which was amongst the worst performing markets, became the third best performing market in the world, according to Bloomberg data.

According to some, this uptick in the market was an unsustainable demonstration- probably a temporary rush of adrenaline by those high net worth investors who wanted Karunaratne out. But for others, it reflected the return of positive sentiment into the market, following the appointment of Godahewa. Meanwhile, a word was coined to identify the new regulator as a market-friendly regulator.

“That’s the term they coined even before I assumed this post. I think they were looking for a market-friendly regulator because they would have had a feeling that the regulator was not market friendly.”

“I am a regulator and I have a role to play which is very clearly defined in the SEC Act. If we stick to that, we are friendly to the country, economy and the market. But that doesn’t mean, out of personal friendships we’d favour somebody. If we go by the Act, everybody—the economy, companies, brokers and investors will be benefited. So, what we are saying is, do the right thing and do it lawfully. If you work within the legal parameters, we will support you. And I’m very clear on one thing. This is where I think people have identified me as market friendly. I understand there are two roles regulators have to play. They are market development and regulation,” Godahewa explained.

Once bitten, twice shy!
As the new regulator, he said that he waited for the hype to subside and sanity returned to the market- but not the retailers. Once bitten, twice shy! Godahewa himself admits that he is yet to meet a retailer, who really made money during the infamous market rally prevailed from 2009 to 2011. Media reported that some investors- the anonymous retail investor- as one broker report put - lost their life’s savings, gambling on the stocks that they didn’t know anything about.

But again, the SEC, the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) and brokers are trying to bring back the people into the market. More lambs to slaughter? One cannot refrain from asking that question.

“I have a simple explanation for that. Even during 2009-2011, very few people were operating in our stock market. The number of people in the market is very small and most of them are playing without any understanding. And the market was performing in a very unusual manner, where huge growths couldn’t be justified by the asset values. In a scenario like this people burning their fingers is quite possible.”

“But the good news is everybody went through that learning cycle. The government, regulators, brokers, investors and all other market stakeholders realized that something seriously went wrong. Now everybody’s more cautious and vigilant. Under these circumstances, we can bring people to the market more carefully and that’s why we are giving this much emphasis on investor education,” Godahewa stressed.
He further noted that not only the small investors but several big investors also burnt their fingers during this market rally.

Where are the thieves?
When the regulator himself believes that something really went wrong during those two years and a lot of people lost a lot of money, what happened to the perpetrators? Mind you, we posed this question to Dr. Godahewa reminding him of a statement made by the previous regulator that ‘the market is full of crooks’.

“Whoever can be found and proven should be punished. You can’t punish anybody without proving. There’s a system and we have to go through it,” Godahewa said, pointing at certain limitations in the SEC Act.

“If you look at our Act, all our cases are criminal cases. It doesn’t have civil sanctions. Criminal cases have to be proven beyond doubt and therefore, they are difficult to be proven. That is why it takes time. Just because we suspect somebody doesn’t mean we can go and punish somebody. The SEC has to go to courts and prove beyond doubt that this offence has been committed. It is a lengthy and time consuming process. So, it’s disheartening for people who are waiting for a decision but the reality is that,” he explained.

The new amendments that are proposed to be included in the SEC Act contain proposals to impose civil sanctions, so that the regulator can act faster against market malpractices and punish the culprits. According to Godahewa, this will relieve the prosecutor, which is the SEC, with the burden of proving somebody is guilty beyond doubt at courts.

“After the new Act, we will be able to go to Civil Courts. In civil cases, the judge can take a decision based on probability. That is why all over the world, most of the regulators have now resorted to civil sanctions.”

Dirty 17
Former SEC Chairman Thilak Karunaratne told media, just before his controversial resignation, that the SEC at that time was investigating 17 cases of market misconduct. The popular perception was that with Godahewa succeeding him, the investigations would be shut down, given his purported affiliations.

“The investigations are ongoing and some have already come before the SEC Commission and certain decisions have been taken. But the point is, by talking of 17, the expectation was given to the media and the general public that there were 17 culprits who need to be punished. Just because there are hundreds of cases before the courts, does that mean everybody’s wrong?

According to him, some of these investigations have come before the SEC Commission and different measures have been taken, where some have been reprimanded and warning letters issued with.

“Just because people want all 17 people to go to jail, it cannot happen. A road accident and killing a person are two different things,” Godahewa argued.
As he noted, several offenders have already been issued with warning letters and a compounding case is currently being discussed at Commission level.
An argument that was brought in by some of the large investors who invest in the CSE was that instead of the SEC sending warning letters to them, the regulator should commend them in maintaining the market at positive levels, even during the civil conflict.
“I don’t think it’s our job to commend anybody. Instead of sending commendations, we can stop sending warning letters to them, if they are doing their investments within the legal parameters,” Godahewa commented.

Top 10
In his first press conference as the SEC Chairman, Godahewa presented a 10 point market development plan, adding another to the history of capital market development plans that were little materialized by the SEC and the CSE.

“Under this 10 point plan, we have clearly set out objectives. We know the country’s road map and the role of the capital market in it. Unlike earlier, we also have got everybody aligned. All the market stakeholders have been consulted and policymakers and the President briefed. That’s why Minister Sarath Amunugama himself presented this 20 point plan during an award ceremony recently held,” he stressed.

He also said that the SEC has identified key groups to implement each point and both the SEC and the CSE are monitoring the progress.
“We have very clear action plans and since we have told the public about them, they would also put pressure on us to deliver. Within the next three years, we will be able to accomplish most of these objectives and at least one or two in this year.”

Godahewa believes that the two key points, the SEC Act amendment and demutualization of the CSE, will take place by the end of 2013.
“That’s the expectation. If not for procedural delays, we believe that those two key points will be achieved during this year. Likewise, every point has an action plan and a time frame,” he noted.

Media play
During this press conference, the role of media contained a large part of his analysis for the market downfall. And quite interestingly, interest rates and other macroeconomic factors such as fiscal imbalances took a back seat. In fact, this view even led to a rather heated exchange of words between a journalist and Godahewa. Has this perception changed? We queried.

“What I said was media affected the market. But then, some of the journalists very correctly explained that media write what they have been told. So, what happened was what the media had been told by the higher ups at that time, which the media took to the public, damaged the market sentiment,” Godahewa said explaining stance on the matter.

“In comparison, if you now look back last two month since our press conference, the media have been absolutely responsible. I even mentioned this at one or two forums as well. Media will act responsibly, if the people who talk to media act responsibly.”

Heads rolling?
Soon after the assuming of duties by Godahewa, a major reshuffle was effected with the inter-exchange of responsibilities amongst several senior officials, fuelling the perception that heads would roll following the new regulator’s appointment. Subsequent to that, one director resigned from his post.
“Although some people will have various interpretations to this, what we did was an organisational restructure that happens in any institution. The management has the prerogative to put the right people in the right place and it has to be a continued process. In fact, currently, we are looking for suitable people to fill certain key positions in the SEC. The regulator should be strengthened in terms of human resources if we are to deliver what we have undertaken,” Godahewa noted.

He further said that he was sad that one director decided to leave the SEC due to personal reasons. “The director who resigned has very clearly written to us it was a personal decision.”
http://www.dailymirror.lk/business/features/25037-not-at-sec-to-safeguard-anybodys-interest-godahewa.html

Amaratunga

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Dr. Godahewa is a straightforward and honest gentlemen. There is no doubt that he will do a great job at the SEC to get this market to a sustainable position from the current downturn.

He desnt talk much but he works a lot than what he talks.

ALL the best and carry on. The baldy newspapers who want damn this market would spread rumors but true is true

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Amaratunga wrote:Dr. Godahewa is a straightforward and honest gentlemen. There is no doubt that he will do a great job at the SEC to get this market to a sustainable position from the current downturn.

He desnt talk much but he works a lot than what he talks.

ALL the best and carry on. The baldy newspapers who want damn this market would spread rumors but true is true

Joke for the day.

Amaratunga

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Yes may be a joke for you but I guess not for others? Are there .....?

Sylvester1234

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dr Godahewa is not a vicious person like his predecessor who used the powers of SEC to victimise people whome he didnt like. Godahewa has provan himself to be fearless by taking on even the all powerful secretary to the Treasury PB Jayasundara at one point but people close to Dr Godahewa say that he is a man with a kind heart. Looking at his track record I dont think he will be very tough on invistigations . But I am sure it is not because of any influence but because of the very nature of the person. At tourism he was a very helpful chairman who went out of the way to help anybody seeking assistance. After he left we see the difficulty in getting things done. His successor uses the same position to show power though Godahewa never misused it.

hettihewa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thank God SEC is now run by professionals who know what they are doing. Before GOD (sent) Hewa it was ruined by ex politicians and retired bureacrats who never understood the the job.

Sidath

Sidath
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Redbulls wrote:

Joke for the day.

Can't agree with u more. This is a man who lost his job thrice. MAS, SLIC (under private management before been reappointed as a political stooge, under government management) and Tourism Board. Has direct conflicts of interest, by serving on boards or by been a significant shareholder, of companies which are owned by people investigated by SEC.

I bet some more small fish will be warned while the big sharks get away.

hettihewa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

It is such a sad thing to see how jealous some people are taking time to insult other who have achieved far more than them. Typical Sri Lankan style. Redbull not only you must be Sri Lankan but also Sinhalese because we are the best in the world to pull our own kind down.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Its the deeds that matters and not mere words Mr. ....

I haven't come across any serious regulatory attempt to by you to improve confidence of genuine investor which is necessary to resurrect the share market.

Instead you started pacifying the crooks from the very first day of your appointment. If thery want commendations go ahead and do it because that is what you were expected to do when the appointment was made.

Current run is mostly driven by monitory policy relaxations and not due to any action by the SEC.

Isn't this a joke

Sylvester1234

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

K.Haputantri wrote:Its the deeds that matters and not mere words Mr. ....

I haven't come across any serious regulatory attempt to by you to improve confidence of genuine investor which is necessary to resurrect the share market.

Instead you started pacifying the crooks from the very first day of your appointment. If thery want commendations go ahead and do it because that is what you were expected to do when the appointment was made.

Current run is mostly driven by monitory policy relaxations and not due to any action by the SEC.

Isn't this a joke

Yes sir .. all bad things are due to SEC .. all good things come naturally
7 concessions to capital market development from the budget this year came naturally. No one pushed for it.
Media stopped spreading negative comments naturally. No one faced media and addressed their concerns
Central bank suddenly woke up and decided to reduce interest rates naturally. No one discussed this need at highest levels
All market forces SEC CSE Brokers Margin Providers, Unit trust association, Investment bankers started seeing eye to eye and started working together aloof sudden naturally. No one brought them together
Market stopped 18 month downward slide and suddenly got its confidence back in last august natually. No leadership change took place at SEC at the same time.
CSE which was keeping its distance from industry tarted communicating positively with brokers and planning future activities jointly naturally. No one got them on track
Continous flaw of SEC directives which were creating ripples in the market for last 2 years stopped naturally. No started a process of consultating stakeholders before issuing fresh directives
The fear psychosis amongst brokers and investors who were receiving a barrage of intimidating letters from SEC disappeared naturally. No one responded to the industry request to clear those who were not actually under investigations but were only witnesses of investigations.
The credit restrictions which was affecting the industry got relaxed naturally . No one consulted the industry stakeholders and reversed some adhoc decisions taken in the past.
Market development ideas which were floating in the air for so many years gor summarised in to a 10 point action plan and teams started working on the implemetation natually. No body initiated this and got all stakeholders aligned to work under a common plan.
The list goes on. So many things has happened naturally. How lucky are we ?

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

hettihewa wrote:It is such a sad thing to see how jealous some people are taking time to insult other who have achieved far more than them. Typical Sri Lankan style. Redbull not only you must be Sri Lankan but also Sinhalese because we are the best in the world to pull our own kind down.

Lets put aside the nationality factor now and clarify things in black nad white.. shall we?

AS I remember we argued on the conflicted interests of Mr.G'hewa a long back, again and again he's coming in as a the topic.. Laughing

Out of joke, apart from few letters being sent to some investment advisers for their malpractice, what happened to the investigations started by Mr.G'hewa's predecessor? We didnt hear these cases are brought forward for continual investigation.. We dont have any updates..

SEC must make sure they secure minorities interest right?. Without them, the top-ranking crooks cannot do the day-light robberies even.. Whose buying when the so called not-so-worthy investors dump? Therefore, my honest opinion is, that SEC needs to provide assurance that minorities are safe-guarded, and how? By bringing in the justice system without being bias, by alerting the public of any carried out investigations, etc...

Mr.G'hewa has done many good work in the past. I dont buy if someone said he failed to re-vamp SLIC or Tourism.. Those entities are at pinnacle today due to his management. I firmly believe that.
While he has given up several other posts, he's still a director at CLND.
His share holding was also listed under the last financial report as;
+ Dr Nalaka Harshaijeewa Godahewa - 44,400,
+ Seylan Bank PLC/Nalaka Harshaijeewa Godahewa - 2,301,000

The irony is not that he can have shares, after all he's an ordinary citizen of this country but why not giving up the director post? CLND, as we all know, was subjected to a sudden price hike and was claimed to be investigated.. However, when SEC chair is holding a position, would this be done?

There's no point in hating or loving a person, these are just facts that arouse suspicion in any one's mind. Still we find answers, we're at doubt.

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Sylvester1234 wrote:
K.Haputantri wrote:Its the deeds that matters and not mere words Mr. ....

Isn't this a joke

Yes sir .. all bad things are due to SEC .. all good things come naturally
7 concessions to capital market development from the budget this year came naturally. No one pushed for it.
Media stopped spreading negative comments naturally. No one faced media and addressed their concerns
Central bank suddenly woke up and decided to reduce interest rates naturally. No one discussed this need at highest levels
All market forces SEC CSE Brokers Margin Providers, Unit trust association, Investment bankers started seeing eye to eye and started working together aloof sudden naturally. No one brought them together
Market stopped 18 month downward slide and suddenly got its confidence back in last august natually. No leadership change took place at SEC at the same time.
CSE which was keeping its distance from industry tarted communicating positively with brokers and planning future activities jointly naturally. No one got them on track
Continous flaw of SEC directives which were creating ripples in the market for last 2 years stopped naturally. No started a process of consultating stakeholders before issuing fresh directives
The fear psychosis amongst brokers and investors who were receiving a barrage of intimidating letters from SEC disappeared naturally. No one responded to the industry request to clear those who were not actually under investigations but were only witnesses of investigations.
The credit restrictions which was affecting the industry got relaxed naturally . No one consulted the industry stakeholders and reversed some adhoc decisions taken in the past.
Market development ideas which were floating in the air for so many years gor summarised in to a 10 point action plan and teams started working on the implemetation natually. No body initiated this and got all stakeholders aligned to work under a common plan.
The list goes on. So many things has happened naturally. How lucky are we ?
The mandate of the SEC is REGULAING the market and nothing else. ?Are these regulatory attempts. I doubt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum