FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by Maharaja Today at 8:17 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 1:34 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Yesterday at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is terrible!

+7
Gaja
smallville
Slstock
Fresher
swan03
ShareShares
Kasun Kalhara
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1This is terrible! Empty This is terrible! Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:43 am

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I informed my investment adviser to buy some stocks including bopl stocks, and he said that it is done! But when I check my account there are no stocks in it also they shows my complete buying power! What is the reason for that???? I'm fed up with this and this is the third time it happened with me! So much frustration to my head! Do you have any Idea about the reason???

2This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 am

ShareShares

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

They may have place orders and may not be successful at the end of the day, give a call again and ask them whether it has been successful.

3This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 am

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Kasun Kalhara wrote:I informed my investment adviser to buy some stocks including bopl stocks, and he said that it is done! But when I check my account there are no stocks in it also they shows my complete buying power! What is the reason for that???? I'm fed up with this and this is the third time it happened with me! So much frustration to my head! Do you have any Idea about the reason???

They dont update your profile as soon as you buy the stocks. They at least take 24 hours or so. Dont worry.. BTW, what is your broker company?

4This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 am

Fresher

How did you ask him?
did u mention any price?

5This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Kasun Kalhara wrote:I informed my investment adviser to buy some stocks including bopl stocks, and he said that it is done! But when I check my account there are no stocks in it also they shows my complete buying power! What is the reason for that???? I'm fed up with this and this is the third time it happened with me! So much frustration to my head! Do you have any Idea about the reason???

Other than both the good reasons mentioned here if the account balance also has not changed you can wait for 1 day to see whether it is updated. If not best is to ask your advisor that is going on.

Also it is best to get your self a Online Trading account if possible so you can buy/sell yourself and don't have to rely on broker. Ultimately the only person with best interest for your money is you. I am not insulting any broker but as you say this happened 3 times, they can have their own priorities as they have other customers ;

6This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ShareShares wrote:They may have place orders and may not be successful at the end of the day, give a call again and ask them whether it has been successful.
I asked from him but he said only "putha we have not made an order!" But I did!

7This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:39 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Kasun Kalhara wrote:
ShareShares wrote:They may have place orders and may not be successful at the end of the day, give a call again and ask them whether it has been successful.

Yes he said know? They've not made an order Twisted Evil

Well frankly this could be the case with most brokers, I dont know for a fact but I've given up my broker quite early and only do buy/sell on my own..
I'll tell you why.. Suppose u ask a broker to buy shares for u, they'll buy at the current price and u'll be happy momentarily but then again u'll curse him if price goes down at the end of the day..
You need to understand the patience have a good command over the CSE..

As Slstock mentioned, its ur money u have the best interest over it so why dont u take a command over it??

When ur in CSE, u need to ask a question whether u wanna be a trader, investor or quite a bit of both..
If u invest, go for at least 6-8 months with some identified counters, u'll not be weeping on the market volatility..
On the other hand, the latter option may pave the way for a wide varieties of games exposed to you on CSE.. U can earn, lose, gamble, win, lose even bankrupt in a shoter period of time..Wink

So be wise, take ur money on ur control, ask ur broker what to buy and why he thinks its worth buying so..Or u refer this forum, get some ideas on bull counters, ask some1 whom you can trust on the counters ur gonna buy.. start investing little by little.. When u invest slowly u have the option of avging if the counter drops..

That's if for the begening... I'm sure u'll learn things by practice, so play safe.. Smile Smile

8This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Gaja

Since you mentioned this is 3rd time same thing is happening, simply you can change your broker

9This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:14 pm

swan03

Kasun Kalhara wrote:

You'd better change your broker brother.

10This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

smallville wrote:
Kasun Kalhara wrote:

Yes he said know? They've not made an order Twisted Evil

Well frankly this could be the case with most brokers, I dont know for a fact but I've given up my broker quite early and only do buy/sell on my own..
I'll tell you why.. Suppose u ask a broker to buy shares for u, they'll buy at the current price and u'll be happy momentarily but then again u'll curse him if price goes down at the end of the day..
You need to understand the patience have a good command over the CSE..

As Slstock mentioned, its ur money u have the best interest over it so why dont u take a command over it??

When ur in CSE, u need to ask a question whether u wanna be a trader, investor or quite a bit of both..
If u invest, go for at least 6-8 months with some identified counters, u'll not be weeping on the market volatility..
On the other hand, the latter option may pave the way for a wide varieties of games exposed to you on CSE.. U can earn, lose, gamble, win, lose even bankrupt in a shoter period of time..Wink

So be wise, take ur money on ur control, ask ur broker what to buy and why he thinks its worth buying so..Or u refer this forum, get some ideas on bull counters, ask some1 whom you can trust on the counters ur gonna buy.. start investing little by little.. When u invest slowly u have the option of avging if the counter drops..

That's if for the begening... I'm sure u'll learn things by practice, so play safe.. Smile Smile
I'd be much obliged if I can take the control of buying and selling under my command but the thing is I am still new to CSE! And I've heard of some online trading methods like cdax, directFN etc. But I donno how to use those things cause have never ever used those before! Prevailingly I got that directFN and cdax Softwares. what is the risk with using those?? I mean as I've red in so many books we are not allowed to buy or sell stocks directly! So I wonder what is happaning with those??

I tried to install it and succeeded, but the software asks for a BROKER COD and what is that mean?? It'd be grate if I can control me buying power! king Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

11This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

[quote="swan03"]

They dont update your profile as soon as you buy the stocks. They at least take 24 hours or so. Dont worry.. BTW, what is your broker company?[/quot]
Bartleet Mallory Stockbrokers

12This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

npp wrote:How did you ask him?
did u mention any price?
Nope I didn't! How I should decide a prise for a stock?? Honestly I don't know about that!

13This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Fresher

Everyone has had their first times mate.
Online trading software are generally reliable but CDAX sometimes has downtime which annoys me. But still they're much better than calling the broker and buying. You can also queue an order any time you wish.
I use CDAX and with a little checking out, you will get the hang of it.

Since you got both DFN and CDAX, I assume your broker is Asia. Then the broker code is ASI.
Anyway the broker code is the first 3 letters which are in your CDS account.

Good Luck

edit: I didn't know Bartleet used DFN Neutral

Last edited by npp on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

14This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

swan03 wrote:
Kasun Kalhara wrote:

You'd better change your broker brother.
Then what is the best services provider??

15This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

npp wrote:Everyone has had their first times mate.
Online trading software are generally reliable but CDAX sometimes has downtime which annoys me. But still they're much better than calling the broker and buying. You can also queue an order any time you wish.
I use CDAX and with a little checking out, you will get the hang of it.

Since you got both DFN and CDAX, I assume your broker is Asia. Then the broker code is ASI.
Anyway the broker code is the first 3 letters which are in your CDS account.

Good Luck

edit: I didn't know Bartleet used DFN Neutral
I tried to log in using the cord "BAR" But it doesent works!

16This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Fresher

Kasun Kalhara wrote:

im not sure of the code but it is not BAR.
the code is the 3 character at the start of your CDS A/C no. (the 3 letter before your ID no.)

17This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Fresher

wait.does bartleet have online on these softwares?
afaik, they have their own online system

http://www.bartleetstock.com/products/online_trading.htm
did u apply for this?

18This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

npp wrote:
Kasun Kalhara wrote:

im not sure of the code but it is not BAR.
the code is the 3 character at the start of your CDS A/C no. (the 3 letter before your ID no.)

I found that CDAX is not supported with BMS! affraid It seems like i'll have to keep giving calls to my advisor. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm
What to do! Tanx pal!

19This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

npp wrote:wait.does bartleet have online on these softwares?
afaik, they have their own online system

http://www.bartleetstock.com/products/online_trading.htm
did u apply for this?

You got it You got it! I was behaving like an idiot! Thanks pal I was already in that system! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! but there are some things i don't know! What are the "Disclosed Quantity" "Tif Days" "Min Fill" "Time In Force" ??????????

20This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Fresher

Kasun Kalhara wrote:
You got it You got it! I was behaving like an idiot! Thanks pal I was already in that system! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! but there are some things i don't know! What are the "Disclosed Quantity" "Tif Days" "Min Fill" "Time In Force" ??????????

Very Happy

well for a start, don't worry about them.
what you have to do when buying is enter a quantity and the maximum price that you would like to pay for it.
if no sell orders are there for that price, then your order will go to the order book and will wait till someone sells at that price. This is the 'limit' option
alternatively you can buy for whatever lowest ask price at that time. (market price)

21This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:30 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

when i was new-when i told my advisor to buy or sell,he tells me the ask price and bid price,then normally i tell him to put orders at current ask price or current bid price,then i'm sure the trade was done.........but there was times i send the e-mail stating the placing price,so at such times he send me a e-mail whenever orders filled....

your broker may put orders at different prices and orders may not filled....
*i ddn't contact my advisor via phone more than one or two times,afterwards i sent him an e-mail,until i got the system........ Cool Cool Cool

22This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:00 am

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

npp wrote:
Kasun Kalhara wrote:

Very Happy

well for a start, don't worry about them.
what you have to do when buying is enter a quantity and the maximum price that you would like to pay for it.
if no sell orders are there for that price, then your order will go to the order book and will wait till someone sells at that price. This is the 'limit' option
alternatively you can buy for whatever lowest ask price at that time. (market price)
Grate Thanks a lot!

23This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:05 am

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

mark wrote:

when i was new-when i told my advisor to buy or sell,he tells me the ask price and bid price,then normally i tell him to put orders at current ask price or current bid price,then i'm sure the trade was done.........but there was times i send the e-mail stating the placing price,so at such times he send me a e-mail whenever orders filled....

your broker may put orders at different prices and orders may not filled....
*i ddn't contact my advisor via phone more than one or two times,afterwards i sent him an e-mail,until i got the system........ Cool Cool Cool

Thanks your ideas was a grate help !

24This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Antonym

Antonym

There are stockbroking firms that give wrong advice and take advantage of small investors like you and me - as in the example above. I believe it would be a good idea to name (and shame) such brokers on public forums like this one.

Naming such 'bad' brokers would achieve 2 things:
1. It would caution other investors against them and
2. Make the brokers improve their services - hopefully.

What do you think?

25This is terrible! Empty Re: This is terrible! Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Kasun Kalhara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Antonym wrote:There are stockbroking firms that give wrong advice and take advantage of small investors like you and me - as in the example above. I believe it would be a good idea to name (and shame) such brokers on public forums like this one.

Naming such 'bad' brokers would achieve 2 things:
1. It would caution other investors against them and
2. Make the brokers improve their services - hopefully.

What do you think?

For some far! It's very irritating when the adviser does not do the things as we instructed! Neutral scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum