FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Today at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOLD... or EXIT

+18
Antonym
milanka
ssb
econ
Rohitha
Light of Hope
banarahu
Milindaperera
xmart
kuk83
StocksWatch
Aamiable
Paypal
Slstock
wikum100
duke
salt
thanujav
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1HOLD... or EXIT Empty HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 am

thanujav

thanujav
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Friends, Coming colours not good.... Do we have to exit getting a small profit..... mine, all red+++ like wesak thorana. Question Idea

2HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:06 am

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics

thanujav wrote:Friends, Coming colours not good.... Do we have to exit getting a small profit..... mine, all red+++ like wesak thorana. Question Idea

same here as well

3HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am

duke

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

thanujav wrote:Friends, Coming colours not good.... Do we have to exit getting a small profit..... mine, all red+++ like wesak thorana. Question Idea

i did it once and a few days later market went up. Smile

4HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:12 am

wikum100

duke wrote:

i am not going to sell with a loss see what will happen

5HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:16 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Don;t panic yet. Watch further. Market is not having selling pressure as much as before at the moment.

6HOLD... or EXIT Empty Patience Is The Key Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:58 am

Paypal

Manager - Equity Analytics

I think there should be some 'green' days at the end of this month or during 1st,2nd week of next month, ... Smile

7HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Aamiable

wikum100 wrote:
duke wrote:

i am not going to sell with a loss see what will happen

do not know others plans ,...other people may be collecting, ... then the authorities might bring new regulations to attract investors... these things took place in the matket..

Last edited by Aamiable on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

8HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:06 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yeah...looks like selling pressure is diminishing...do your own analysis as I may be wrong.

9HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:56 pm

kuk83

kuk83

duke wrote:

Ane ehenm oya sell karannko.Etakota MKT up wei.(just a joke) scratch scratch

10HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:25 pm

xmart

xmart

somebody is willing to pay 3.5 Mn for SEYB.X while others sell in frustrate. after XR X may fall down some rupees, right is just a joke. N is trading well below the right. X is at right price. very interesting.

according to this scenario. SEYB should appreciate after the Right. because Rights are not diluting share values, what a right issue. completely unsuccessful. idiot management is killing us.

11HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Milindaperera

Milindaperera
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

HOLD. Average if you can. Dont panic. This dip wont last long.

12HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:25 pm

Aamiable

Paypal wrote:

I think there should be some 'green' days at the end of this month or during 1st,2nd week of next month, ... Smile

Some collection pressure is also going on..

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

13HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:15 pm

wikum100

Aamiable wrote:
Paypal wrote:

tomorrow there will be green all round ...
ppl who were not panic will be the winners Smile Smile

14HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 pm

banarahu

banarahu

At the moment, difficult thing is exit without lost... Evil or Very Mad
then, Hold... But not for credits.... Wink

15HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Light of Hope

slstock wrote:

Don;t panic yet. Watch further. Market is not having selling pressure as much as before at the moment.

As per yesterdays fall, I think market has recovered largely. At the end, most of the stock has been sold to a higher price than it's lower price, even GRAN, TAFL, CIC, DFCC, DIST there are lot of examples. Ithink market and most stock has largely recovered.

There was lot of buying going on (they will be the winners). I saw some large single orders at the bottom waiting for the oppertunity to grab at low. for example GRAN had a single order for around 80,000 @ Rs80 (not sure corrct figure), DFCC had a order about 50,000 stocks @ RS 135. It's very clear some will take this oppertunity buy at low and enjoy huge profits.

If you sold yesterday, it's a different story, but since it has improved alot. there was lot of buying pressure, specially at the end and not much selling pressure.

I more thing I noted. usually biders bit more than the top price, today and yesterday, most of the new bids came only matching the top bid, with out creating a demand and a race among the buyers, been careful not to allow market to go up.

I am holding my stocks and will not become a victim of these roumers and manpulaters.

16HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Rohitha

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I sold most of shares with low profits/loss as thinking that miracle will not happen within this week to revise the current situaton and I had to settle some credits as well.Will buy more if the price further go down.My strategy may be wrong, but I personally belive it is the right thing to do in this situation.

17HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:12 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

just hold..
thats why we should not buy on credit market like CSE. it s always a volatile market.
if you did not buy on credit no problem holding.

18HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm

ssb

ssb

holding till last stand fall
red all over the dugout
bounce bounce bounce bounce

19HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:50 pm

milanka

milanka

econ wrote:just hold..
thats why we should not buy on credit market like CSE. it s always a volatile market.
if you did not buy on credit no problem holding.

Slight improvement today after 2.00 pm. Anyway this is a volatile market. Holding is the only way.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

20HOLD... or EXIT Empty Our favorite holding period is forever. Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Antonym

Antonym

In a letter to the shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway Inc, the Chairman - Warren Buffett wrote, "Our favorite holding period is forever."

According to one theory, the 'right price' or value of a company's share would be the net present value (NPV) of future cash flows for the company.

So, if you have bought a share at less than what you believe it's worth, HOLD it for the future cash flows. At least, that's what I am doing...

21HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:49 pm

ShareShares

Many disasters were predicted, none of them came true. Why panic in fear for unknown gloom. If there is an actual disaster after that every body can sell, actually then collectors can buy some thing very cheep. until then no need to panic.

22HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 pm

milanka

milanka

ShareShares wrote:Many disasters were predicted, none of them came true. Why panic in fear for unknown gloom. until then no need to panic.

Do not Panic now - ASPI may improve soon :
ASPI improving 4 , 14 , 13 points during last 3 days. So some hope is there...

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

23HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:36 pm

uditha9

ShareShares wrote:Many disasters were predicted, none of them came true. Why panic in fear for unknown gloom. If there is an actual disaster after that every body can sell, actually then collectors can buy some thing very cheep. until then no need to panic.
if you are a margin trader probably you should shed some of your shares.disasters come without warnings

24HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:49 pm

uditha9

wikum100 wrote:
Aamiable wrote:
Paypal wrote:

tomorrow there will be green all round ...
ppl who were not panic will be the winners Smile Smile
some time it is very profitable to panic and sell

25HOLD... or EXIT Empty Re: HOLD... or EXIT Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:31 pm

ipoguru

If you have panicked and sold GRAN at 165 you are a winner........

Unfortunately I did not ..........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum