So I thought I will put my penny's worth here. The decision to stay or exit market is your as always. Please do not blame me. It depends on your goals and strategy
1) What is going on now?
I don;t know for sure the plight of the market. It seems more than anything it is in the hands of a selected few who control JKH, CTC, NEST now.
Did anyone notice how index was pushed to 6500 .
Then how it was pushed again from 5900 to 6200.
Then how did it get dragged back to 5850.
If you noticed this, you would get a better idea whether this is a chain reaction or really a crash due to our economy and companies are in serious trouble .
( like CIFL and PCH when we talked about the issue at rs 7-9.
Btw, early notice to be careful about some land related companies, not the positiver earning ones, if you are holding for long term. )
When Index falls ( thanks to ...) smaller traders and people in anxiety panic to sell cheap even the good shares they hold. Sometimes it is nothing about fundamentals , common sense or future growth. It is fear. FEAR.
Also the collective hope comes one can sell cheap now and buy cheaper. Sometimes we sell good shares cheap after holding for months due to panic but in few days things change and we cry ......
It about temperament and whether you are a short term trader oir an investor. If one cannot bear to see short term losses one should not be in share market. Go invest in FD, treasury bills.
Usually panic happens due to you being a ...... and having .....
When the bull starts you will see opposite posts here talking about buying and buying more.
2) Companies with positive earnings even amidst electricity, vehicle, finanical issues are sold cheap. Why?
Should we be selling them or ....
Some peoples worry can be someone else's opportunity.
3) I am hoping ( just a wish) that ASI will not fall below 5800 ( as I think it will be not good technically orr mentally) . If it does I see no reason for it to go below 5600 unless serious manipulation.
Finally just note the below
* Market may turn when we least expect it. A few well placed good news items can do wonders.
* Share market is mental game full of greed, fear worry and hope.
Some times common sense eludes us. Greed stops us from selling and fear stops us from buying.
* One should be very careful if you hold crap companies . I still see people playing with them after
getting burned hoping to recover their monies in the same share. Move on . There are other fish in the
sea. Slow and steady is most times better than fast , furious and crash. ( specially if you don't know when to jump in and jump out)
Again , this is my view. Decision to stay or exit is yours.