FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Penny counters going to go

+9
pathfinder
The Alchemist
kalum
stockback
cseguide
Slstock
dhanurrox
Redbulls
bullrun
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 1]

21Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 pm

kalum

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

stockback wrote:Still SEMB is silent ...............
SEMB is my long waited faith. I only see it is as a mid-long term investment. Though it sounds crazy i am having a personal target to meet at least 100% return on SEMB.X and N.
I have time to time posted about this share. pls dont misunderstand i am not promoting. It's my view that if some one would like to play with SEMB it is not a simple game. you have to be super patience.

22Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:15 pm

kalum

slstock wrote:Let me explain here as you might be confused  too  

But all this TWOD drama can be good news to holders  of TWOD  to  minimizes there losses.
Also this might give boost to Short term player confidence and  it can  effect the whole market if the trend continues.

Exactly! thumbs up!

23Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Redbulls

Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:Let me explain here as you might be confused  too  

After seen the massive rise and fall ,  and all the various plays during specially the past 3 years  what is there to be surprised, confused or  pissed off about?  I am still here aren;t I.

I trade and I invest. ( am very much more of investor  though).  I am benefiting right now with some  penny stocks more than investment shares.

If one pays careful attention to stocks and  when to buy  , any market will give opportunities for Trading.
For Traders trend is you friend. Yes.

To avoid further confusiosn by anyone  , here is the essence of why I said what I said  ...

I was  talking about ethics in this society when it comes to earning money.   If one wants, there are various ways to earn money.

Same in the share market. Certain share I will buy,  certain i will not even if I sense  early it might run big at some point .  
I explaiend elsewhere why I don't buy certain shares.  My ethics might not suit everyone as it depends on personal judgement.
Also I am asking anyone not to trade what they like.

Am I sad that a share I did not buy went up 70% in a day.  No.
But am i sad,  all rules are changed to raise a share 70% in a day , without any fundamental reason  just because a certain person  showed up ( who is supposed to be not well) . Yes.  

But all this TWOD drama can be good news to holders  of TWOD  to  minimizes there losses.
Also this might give boost to Short term player confidence and  it can  effect the whole market if the trend continues.

Hope this clarifies.

Redbulls wrote:
slstock wrote:Yes,  these are times where selling you parent or even killing your pet for sake of money is the done thing right?

Redbulls wrote:Mate fall in love or ego won't help in trading. Follow the trend.
I think you are little bit confused and pissed off on recent developments.

When we come in to Stock Market, most of us are confusing with investing and trading.

To earn money in trading we need to follow the trend - no matter.

BTW reading Lord Buddha's Karma Sutra and Lord Krishna's Bhagavad Gita might help anyone.
Agreed and what you were thinking, I indirectly mentioned in another thread.

BTW Ethics now a days very rare in our society,
Politicos are getting santhosam
Those need to care Law and order getting bribe
we can say more in other profession such as teachers,doctors,priests etc etc....

24Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 pm

The Alchemist

Redbulls wrote:
BTW Ethics now a days very rare in our society,
Thats exactly why we should value ethical behaviour even more. beacause its rare. like a rare gem or a gem of a company. it is not good to think that bcos ethics is rare in our society, their is no point been ethical. we must not get disheartened or disillusioned. we must shine with our example. stand against the crowd.
we must learn to live like Epictetus.
i will recommend a very good book called The Art of Living - a new interpretation by Sharon Lebell.
its a classic manual on virtue, happiness and effectiveness. its lessons from Epictetus, who was a venerable philosopher who was born a slave about A.D. 55 in the eastern outreacheS of the Roman Empire.

The book comprises 93 very short essays of 1-2 pages.

On page 22, Approach Life as a Banquet.  

Think of your life as if it were a banquet where you would behave graciously. when dishes are passed to you, extend your hand and help yourself to a moderate portion. If a dish should pass you by, enjoy what is already on your plate. Or if the dish hasn't been passed to you yet, patiently wait your turn.
Carry over this same attitude of polite restraint and gratitude to your children, spouse, career and finances. there is no need to yearn, envy and grab. you will get your rightful portion when it is your time.

unquote

in lighter vein, very different to what we here happens at our AGM Buffets !

25Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:53 pm

pathfinder

bullrun wrote:It seems that penny counters will start a run soon. But profit making penny counters did not make a move so far!
After the last penny rally market felt sharply Embarassed 

26Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm

viper123

viper123
Manager - Equity Analytics

Yep ATL wasnt moved yet. But it start today, anyone have an idea of that.? Also TFC started to move ...

Nobody following these shares ?

27Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm

freebird

kalum wrote:FLCH started to move. but when considering it's price patterns, i'm not sure how long it runs. i really dont understand its price moments.

When analyzed the past trades in detail levels we could see buying considerably large parcels over 1lax and runs more than 1 rupee. then suddenly coming down and settle around 2+ rupee. It's like crazy. but i was in to this share since i burnt my fingers when it trades around 5 few years ago. And now it became a good wait and profit taking opportunity if play right. Further i hope it will give sound dividend on next year as well.
my price in 3.20

28Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:13 pm

kas

kas

Seems under valued bases on the NAV of Rs.4.68 but this share always find it difficult to cross Rs.3.00 Hope with the current up trend in penny stocks and the healthy performance in their hydro power sector will push it pass Rs.3.5

29Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

viper123 wrote:Yep ATL wasnt moved yet. But it start today, anyone have an idea of that.? Also TFC started to move  ...

Nobody following these shares ?
ATL has started making profit. NAV is also come up. During the lost making period it was trading heavily. They have a secured segment of customers and customer base is improving. When the market sentiment is improved it should go up and will give handsome benefit. But for long it has been stagnated. I too have ATL in my PF and eagerly looking at it. !.40 / 1.50 should be a good entry point but unfortunately I have stuck at the moment.

30Penny counters going to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Penny counters going to go Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 am

Takecharge

CIFL is at 1.50 what is the Exit point ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum