FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 1:34 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Yesterday at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

TOLD you SO!!

+15
Slstock
UKboy
wiser
Quibit
mono
ha_na
ipoguru
anu
smallville
RockStock
StocksWatch
kuk83
innam
milanka
Rajitha
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TOLD you SO!! Empty TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

As I predicted GRAN price came to Rs 150 mark and even went below it! I believe it will dip a bit more even tomorrow! ( people were caling 150 as number that will never drop to and numbers without any considerations when a rally is about to go on. )
Told you so, told you so, haha I told you So! lol! lol! YES I"M HEAR TO GLOAT!

When I told this when every one was talking about a huge rally thats about to happen and GRAN was just like the old PCH! Atleast back then their were few with some sense like me but this time I was alone and everyone was bombarding me because I posted the right figures to back up the claims rather than a moderator who posted skewed earnings by multiplying the best earnings quarter by 4, when in the same financial report the yearly earnings were clearly given! Well People gave him huge + rep and me huge negative for posting the truth. He posted a fake PE ratio almost half of what the current company has to justify this! Well WE all saw how that huge GRAN run so far have gone! this is what he replied!
innam wrote:sigh, you can take a horse (or a donkey) to water but you can't make it drink.

a blind statement was made that a share "will hit 150 in a few days", no facts were given just a vague statement.

any one able to read a post slowly and clearly will see that my reply to the blind statement actually shows the fact that GRAN is "relatively" the most expensive counter in the poultry sector.

i've also said
-but for the moment let's keep it simple
-that Dec is good for chicken consumption so it may not be prudent to annualize December earnings (refer @salt's post about estimates)

like i said you can take a horse (or a donkey) to water but you can't make it drink.

We can see the donkeys now clearly! Well I can at least specially if any one followed the old investnow forum they should remember who are the main people that kept promoting these poultry stocks!

Next of all I would loved to ask, when have I ever been wrong about something I posted? I saw some one quite popular here saying, for rajitha also some of what he say come true some don't. It might seem that way to him because when most of what he posted might come false! But its not true for all! If anything Almost most what I said comes true could have been said( although everything i posted happens) ! I alone predicted the oil palm shares(CARS, BUKI ) going to make loss compared with last quarter when everyone was talking so highly saying thee have made huge gains and prices went up! I told of shares like MAL.X, CARE which should give good short term gains against almost all popular believes when market was at peaks and they have given extraordinary results!( over 50% and 140% gain within 1-2 weeks) Shares I have said will fall all have fallen in quite short term! ( PCH ( told after reports it will be downhill ), GRAN) And believe me the shares i have said that will go up in medium term will go up. Some already have more than 50% !! I posted about the market going down not really because it had last year credit but mostly panic and t+5 credit and so many people were crossed at me! Anyone with a brain could have seen what really happened their also if they bothered enough to check with brokers and other investors! Only thing I have expected did not happen was CFVF not giving a good short term gain! but that also I said would happen if they give an attractive dividend only !

People are too stuck up with the shares that manipulators promoted at investnow like poultry stocks and PCH they still worship these shares! Their was a good reasons why these shares were trading at low PE ratios! People should learn to use their brains a bit more and less investing by what they hear from these forum promoting!

BTW I stopped posting here for a while as I said as this place is now filled with too many drones that have no brains for them selfs that mutually pat each other! People that post same stupid stuff and pat each other get huge + rep. Just to check this theory I made a alt account and did what they did walaaa ! I got more + REP than the amount of posts i have made!! Rolling Eyes the good old days when only people with a brain had the voting power!!

2TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 7:48 pm

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Rajitha - Welcome back after short pause. I am sure this post would be discussed in detail by meny members , Lets have a healthy discussion for a WIN - WIN situ.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

3TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 7:49 pm

innam

innam
Manager - Equity Analytics

guess horses (and donkeys) can't read slowly, this guy needs to look up the meaning of EXPENSIVE.

"any one able to read a post slowly and clearly will see that my reply to the blind statement actually shows the fact that GRAN is "relatively" the most expensive counter in the poultry sector".

4TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 pm

kuk83

kuk83

I think nothing wrong with GRAN.The reason is current MKT situation.dont forget not only GRAN, most of sound,fundamental stocks are still didn't move.

5TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 8:53 pm

StocksWatch

Controversial as usual...anyway welcome back Rajitha.

6TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 pm

RockStock

Not only GRAN many other shares have declined in price these days including plantations.It's simple, ASI and MILANKA have declined these days, so does the price of many stocks.

7TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Well I managed to find that "SO CALLED" controversial argument between innam & our Mr. Rajitha J.

Rajitha wrote:
innam wrote:
Rajitha wrote:IT will be even more on SALE when it hit Rs 150 in few days! will be on MEGA sale I would say after next quarterly results!
I know many here are married to the poultry industry and don't want to hear this but please wake up and do a fair calculation of this stocks PE, PEG ratios and also compare with stocks on same sector!

Given that i'm not married to the chicken sector here is a PE comp based on December quarter earnings. Keep in mind that Dec is good for chicken consumption so it may not be prudent to annualize December earnings but for the moment let's keep it simple.

........................ TAFL BFL GRAN
Price.................. 162 469 162
Dec. EPS ............ 5.29 10.24 3.42
Annualized EPS.... 21.16 40.96 13.68
P/E.................... 7.66 11.45 11.84

OFC its not good to annualized the best quarterly results by multiplying by 4! By that EASY logic HASU earnings per year is 4.83*4= 19.28 PE ratio= 3.8 for a finance company!
And I can name a lot more like this!
Also in GRAN final Report it clearly states the profit for the whole year so why did you not put that and went to the extra trouble to get 3 months one and multiply by 4? If anything thats you taking hard road not taking it for easiness
GRAN profits EPS according to LAST reports is Rs 8.39 ! That is by the way is false and should get reduced as they mentioned later from an announcement!
SO GRAN current PE is greater than 164/8.39 = 19.54! And that the best value! True PE ratio should be higher after they put the audited results!
DO you think a company in this sector is worth this much ? compared with other companies in food and bevarage sector!
You decide!

OK lets keep it simple.. by looking at the above post any1 with a tiny bit of brains could understand it was clearly stated by innam "Keep in mind that Dec is good for chicken consumption so it may not be prudent to annualize December earnings"

And everyone can understand what was written as a reply to that post.. Twisted Evil
What I try to understand is; whether this is problem of understanding English or the nature of sheer ignorance of anyone else's facts that could be possible evidence for backing up an argument..

Guess whose back.. tell your friends Twisted Evil

8TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 pm

anu

anu

So everything what Rajitha said has been right.......Wonderful...!

Let's stop bothering about all sorts of analysis and hire him... Sure shot!

Worry is, he already should be a billionaire with his spot on razor sharp predictions... Would be the most expensive advisor in town..... lol!

9TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

ipoguru

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I like your post... Can't give a +ve rep because I got lot of -ve reps just because talking -vely about GRAN and now it came to zero.
I do not understand why people give -ve reps when we comment that share will not go up or something like that.
Please do not shy from the forum because of the -ve reps.... Just ignore them..
There are lot of guys in this forum who would like to see your point of view...

I would like to know why you think GRAN should trade at low P/E ratio. I think currently it is trading at between 15 to 17.... P/E ratio
I bought GRAN at 175 levels and 168 levels and still hold them. I regret that I did not adopt any stop loss on these stocks. I should have sold them at 163 - 165 level and bought again at current levels (do not expect to go down further).
I was greedy that stocks would go up again sooner than later and did not go with stop loss actions.

I do not know whether GRAN will be going down further but decided to hold them for long term (if the share did not goes up in near future). you can see that now my loss is huge so I Just cant not sell them at a loss now. If I do that it will be very hard to recover the loss.

My advice to any new guys (I am new too) have a stop loss.( a loss that you can bear without much worry on each stock. a good bench mark is 2% of your portofolio value for total losses from each stock) and if you come to stop loss value just sell the stocks.(unless you very strongly believe it will go up very sooner) It may go up next day but it may further go down too. with this method chances are that you will win most of the time. You can always buy again at lowest levels if you are lucky and make up for the loss.

Back to GRAN..
The business prospects for GRAN should be fine I think.... Chicken consumption will continue to increase (consumption increase due to hotel sector, north and east consumption increas) and the business is very profitable one in small scale ( I have a friend who has a small farm....) so should be more profitable in large scale.....

My guess on sudden price decline is that
1. Some guys trying to make some profit since it is going down (who bought last year and still holding it waiting for another rally and thats not happening and panic). Its quite easy to sell when you have a profit..

2. Few big guys manipulate the share so that they can buy at lower rate. There was a newspaper article that perpetual bought the share at 230 to 250 levels in February in large quantity. This is just a speculation. The market is so small big guys can easily shake it .... So they can go fishing in muddy water...

3. some retail guys exiting market and less no. of new entry due to market going down (overall) and Ban key moon issue .....

There are lot of +ve posts about GRAN but I am looking forward for a reply from RAJITHA highlighting the -ve points about GRAN and TAFL...

Last edited by ipoguru on Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

10TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 pm

ha_na

Rajitha wrote: As I predicted GRAN price came to Rs 150 mark and even went below it! I believe it will dip a bit more even tomorrow! ( people were caling 150 as number that will never drop to and numbers without any considerations when a rally is about to go on. )

When I told this when every one was talking about a huge rally thats about to happen and GRAN was just like the old PCH! Atleast back then their were few with some sense like me but this time I was alone and everyone was bombarding me because I posted the right figures to back up the claims rather than a moderator who posted skewed earnings by multiplying the best earnings quarter by 4, when in the same financial report the yearly earnings were clearly given! Well People gave him huge + rep and me huge negative for posting the truth. He posted a fake PE ratio almost half of what the current company has to justify this! Well WE all saw how that huge GRAN run so far have gone! this is what he replied!
innam wrote:sigh, you can take a horse (or a donkey) to water but you can't make it drink.

a blind statement was made that a share "will hit 150 in a few days", no facts were given just a vague statement.

any one able to read a post slowly and clearly will see that my reply to the blind statement actually shows the fact that GRAN is "relatively" the most expensive counter in the poultry sector.

i've also said
-that Dec is good for chicken consumption so it may not be prudent to annualize December earnings (refer @salt's post about estimates)

like i said you can take a horse (or a donkey) to water but you can't make it drink.

We can see the donkeys now clearly! Well I can at least specially if any one followed the old investnow forum they should remember who are the main people that kept promoting these poultry stocks!

Next of all I would loved to ask, when have I ever been wrong about something I posted? I saw some one quite popular here saying, for rajitha also some of what he say come true some don't. It might seem that way to him because when most of what he posted might come false! But its not true for all! If anything Almost most what I said comes true could have been said( although everything i posted happens) ! I alone predicted the oil palm shares(CARS, BUKI ) going to make loss compared with last quarter when everyone was talking so highly saying thee have made huge gains and prices went up! I told of shares like MAL.X, CARE which should give good short term gains against almost all popular believes when market was at peaks and they have given extraordinary results!( over 50% and 140% gain within 1-2 weeks) Shares I have said will fall all have fallen in quite short term! ( PCH ( told after reports it will be downhill ), GRAN) And believe me the shares i have said that will go up in medium term will go up. Some already have more than 50% !! I posted about the market going down not really because it had last year credit but mostly panic and t+5 credit and so many people were crossed at me! Anyone with a brain could have seen what really happened their also if they bothered enough to check with brokers and other investors! Only thing I have expected did not happen was CFVF not giving a good short term gain! but that also I said would happen if they give an attractive dividend only !

People are too stuck up with the shares that manipulators promoted at investnow like poultry stocks and PCH they still worship these shares! Their was a good reasons why these shares were trading at low PE ratios! People should learn to use their brains a bit more and less investing by what they hear from these forum promoting!

BTW I stopped posting here for a while as I said as this place is now filled with too many drones that have no brains for them selfs that mutually pat each other! People that post same stupid stuff and pat each other get huge + rep. Just to check this theory I made a alt account and did what they did walaaa ! I got more + REP than the amount of posts i have made!! Rolling Eyes the good old days when only people with a brain had the voting power!!

Tell me which stock up in this period except illiquid counters. 150 is not a magic number other than it's psychological count. It's having a weak resistant if market down this weak definitely it will hit around 141. If general market was bluish you never get a chance to have fun like this.

11TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 9:56 pm

ipoguru

kuk83 wrote:I think nothing wrong with GRAN.The reason is current MKT situation.dont forget not only GRAN, most of sound,fundamental stocks are still didn't move.

In my protofolio GRAN and TAFL made the huge losses about 13% loss few others also made loss but they are just 1% to 2% loss....

Beta value against ASI for GRAN is 1.36 it means this is more sensitive to ASI changes.
If ASI going down GRAN will go down in higher rate (most of the time)....... So if ASI picks up again GRAN Should pick up (generally) ......

12TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 pm

mono

mono

anu wrote:So everything what Rajitha said has been right.......Wonderful...!

Worry is, he already should be a billionaire with his spot on razor sharp predictions... Would be the most expensive advisor in town..... lol!

he's been wrong plenty of times. A tad arrogant thing to say 'when have i been wrong' especially when dealing with stocks.

13TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hey, Rajitha
Good to see yaa..
Few of your supporters have been missing you in the forum.
Make yourself comfy.

Last edited by Quibit on Tue May 03, 2011 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

14TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Mon May 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

I never said I'm ever wrong when I invest or in life! I said I have never been wrong on a point I argue or post in this forum! their is a big difference! Also you can't become a billionaire by being always right! You need money upfront to actually earn that much of cash! thats a really ....... statement! Maybe in decades of time you might be able to become a billionaire considering there are a considerable amount of bull markets! Anyway just check my post history here and check what I have posted!

@ha_na . Actually I posted this on 21st and the following market day started with ASI below 7350! So actually since I posted ASI have climbed up! So GRAN has gone down while market has gone up! Also you think people saying stock will go down does not count when market do down ?
Very Happy Also so if you knew market going down did you sell then all your shares to buy back at bottom later? Their are plenty of stocks that have gone up except illiquids in the last week ! From my portfolio for example PABC kept going up almost everyday!

@ IPO GURU. If the market does not pick up in a way that almost all sectors run I believe this share will fall quite a bit more!

15TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 1:04 am

wiser

wiser

Dear Rajitha, Seems you have bought more PABC at its peak. Will see tomorrow what will happend to GRAN. Razz. And also I have to tell you these days most of the time ANSI went up because of illiquid share manupulators.

16TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 4:37 am

UKboy

UKboy

Helloo Rajitha, Welcome back..

Much as you like some plantations I would like to see your posts in here.
Please keep posting. Good luck buddy.

P.S Looking forward to buy some GRAN shares. Rs 150 is very tempting price.

17TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 6:37 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Rajitha wrote:

i've also said

Rajitha, welcome back with a vengeance Shocked .

One thing I would like to mention is Do not shoot your messengers man. I with some others are the few who wanted you back.
I ask you to look at what Innam said carefully before you criticize him too,

Congratulations on your predication. Yes Gran is at Rs 150 and it is even more attractive now. Maybe if the market does not pick up it can do down more. But to some of us it is even more attractive. Please let us respect each others choices.

Has this not happened to any other share apart from GRAN ? Look at KGAL itself which you will be very familiar with. It trading at very low price even when it is highly undervalued. At one time it was rs 280. I could say this can go to Rs 190s-195 depending on the market sentiments ( I am not here to predict but it can happen if the interest is low) but am sure you agree it is a bargain already to some at Rs 200+ ( I have this share) . You believed in LDEV even though the fundamental did not support it yet . You believe in it for a reason. We respect that. Its all in the demand, supply , market news and manipulation game. Shares will have it due place in the future. All share can fall into this situation at one point or the other as you would agree. Not only GRAN.

I accept that I am not perfect and by no mean I can always predict the market accurately all the time, Maybe you have a different opinion and skill. Please enlighten us and we welcome you posts . But please be ware about others opinions in an amicable manner to make the environment more friendly.

It is not about boasting who is right or wrong but helping each other to survive and then come out victorious at CSE. We appreciate you foresight in GRAN case.

18TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 am

Milindaperera

Milindaperera
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Rajitha wrote: As I predicted GRAN price came to Rs 150 mark and even went below it! I believe it will dip a bit more even tomorrow! ( people were caling 150 as number that will never drop to and numbers without any considerations when a rally is about to go on. )

i've also said

This reminds me an old sayng "Success has 100 fathers while falir is an orphan" .....
This GRAN price was a blind hit. Now you are bluffing cos the price came down. What if it goes up? you wouldnt talk about it. Then give us a so called prediction for another counter. I hate to see ppl talkng lyk gods who naver makes mistakes.

19TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 8:45 am

smallville

smallville

Ya.. PABC was goin up since 25th.. and on 29th it came down.. Now they've announced an ATTRACTIVE sub division.. so it might go up defa clown

Well Rajitha Posted abt CFVF as a short term gain (one month gain) in January wen it was 26 and it has gone to 27.70 and from the next month it had been on the down trend..
However I must praise him as his prediction on MalX went really good Wink

On Feb 07 he predicted by Feb 10 KGAL should pass 300. And further predicted the share price to pass rs 350-400 in 3 months time.
It hit approx 281 high next day and closed at approx 265 and now we're in to May and still KGAL is at 200..

OK I dont blame anyone..
As I've done my analysis I'm sure KGAL would hit 250 at least cuz if I'm taking broker reports, NDB has pointed a forecasted EPS of 28 and at a Plantation Sector PE of 7.84 KGAL would worth around 219.7 @ sector PC valuation.

But at a discount to sector PE even this may not worth 200 according to NDB reports.. but we all know the plantations with rubber were so benefited from the soaring high rubber prices and it hit super high last few months.. so 250 is not a bad price for the future growth.. I can say Rajitha's predictions can even come TRUE in coming months.. but my value is 250. If they show an annualized EPS more than 30, I'm gonne be more bullish on KGAL..

Even for NAMU, at a forecast EPS of 16.34 it could value at 128 on sector valuation..but same story applies to NAMU and it has more benefit having Palm oil even.. So I guess this to run to 150..

My keen on plantatin sector is still intact..

My point is; this is not a game of "I said this in advance and it happended now and u guys bombarded me and now see ur stocks goin down and mine goes up" ..
This is, as Slstock mentioned, a community service towards your fellow investors.. if u have knowledge u sue it to educate them nt to take wrong decisions and rather u provide them a second openion to look at.. its their own decision at the end however..Wink

So boasting on "this came true and that..." is for babies not for ppl with good caliber ..

20TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

smallville wrote:Ya.. PABC was goin up since 25th.. and on 29th it came down.. Now they've announced an ATTRACTIVE sub division.. so it might go up defa clown

Well Rajitha Posted abt CFVF as a short term gain (one month gain) in January wen it was 26 and it has gone to 27.70 and from the next month it had been on the down trend..
However I must praise him as his prediction on MalX went really good Wink

On Feb 07 he predicted by Feb 10 KGAL should pass 300. And further predicted the share price to pass rs 350-400 in 3 months time.
It hit approx 281 high next day and closed at approx 265 and now we're in to May and still KGAL is at 200..

OK I dont blame anyone..
As I've done my analysis I'm sure KGAL would hit 250 at least cuz if I'm taking broker reports, NDB has pointed a forecasted EPS of 28 and at a Plantation Sector PE of 7.84 KGAL would worth around 219.7 @ sector PC valuation.

But at a discount to sector PE even this may not worth 200 according to NDB reports.. but we all know the plantations with rubber were so benefited from the soaring high rubber prices and it hit super high last few months.. so 250 is not a bad price for the future growth.. I can say Rajitha's predictions can even come TRUE in coming months.. but my value is 250. If they show an annualized EPS more than 30, I'm gonne be more bullish on KGAL..

Even for NAMU, at a forecast EPS of 16.34 it could value at 128 on sector valuation..but same story applies to NAMU and it has more benefit having Palm oil even.. So I guess this to run to 150..

My keen on plantatin sector is still intact..

My point is; this is not a game of "I said this in advance and it happended now and u guys bombarded me and now see ur stocks goin down and mine goes up" ..
This is, as Slstock mentioned, a community service towards your fellow investors.. if u have knowledge u sue it to educate them nt to take wrong decisions and rather u provide them a second openion to look at.. its their own decision at the end however..Wink

So boasting on "this came true and that..." is for babies not for ppl with good caliber ..

Actually this is what i posted about KGAL and thats also because soem one asked about it!

I never say future prices but as you asked and have some Intel I would say by this Thursday it should pass Rs. 300. The finical report is due to come on this Wednesday told by a Intel I believe is true. From my estimates the quarterly earnings have to be at least Rs 12. Also as the rubber prices are still hiking and hit a max last month I would say by next quarterly they should produce a way better result. this means I'm expecting the share price to pass rs 350-400 in 3 months time. Ofc if they go for a split the price wil climb a lot as at the moment the price of the share is a tad 2 high for the retailers.
PLZ do your own study though this is in no way 100% garented stuff but analysis backed up my studies.

What i said originally said about the share was its great share in medium term as in 6months time where i named 4 stocks! 2 short term 2 medium term! I also said CFVF will go up considering they give an attractive dividend! I never assured people about these as I did about some things like GRAN price, PCH price and also about PALM oil plantations!
Even about LDEV which i said recently was that it has a good chance it can give a 100% return and for people who asked my personal opinion I told them to just by 100 shares!( IT seems as you can see it might give the 100% return this way)
PS:- BTW i already sold the PABC! In this market you suppose to sell when you get the the announcements in official Smile

21TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 10:05 am

Backstage

Backstage

Hi Rajitha,
I am new here and to the market(8mnths) I dont know about past history but, your presence definetly makes this forum more lively and seems to be keeping the main contributors on their toes. I would love to see you participate in the PF competition. (hope that it is not beneath you to do so)

22TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 11:08 am

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

I've no idea of whether the predictions of Rajitha and Others are correct or not. but what I understood is many of the forum members uses the reps to discourage the people who do not come in-line with their opinion. I'm not blaming at all the members, but there are many. Rajitha is one such person who holds different opinion in many instances and blessed with many -reps.

This kind of activity will not be the best interest of future well-being of this forum.

23TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

milanka

milanka

Portfolio competition provides a good platform to prove about predictions. Its available till 4th May.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

24TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 2:04 pm

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Welcome back Rajitha, Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Everyone else,

Lets stop talking about the past and lets talk about the future rather than who said what.

Lets talk about the present bear market?

25TOLD you SO!! Empty Re: TOLD you SO!! Tue May 03, 2011 7:36 pm

smallville

smallville

Rajitha wrote:
Actually this is what i posted about KGAL and thats also because soem one asked about it!

I never say future prices but as you asked and have some Intel I would say by this Thursday it should pass Rs. 300. The finical report is due to come on this Wednesday told by a Intel I believe is true. From my estimates the quarterly earnings have to be at least Rs 12. Also as the rubber prices are still hiking and hit a max last month I would say by next quarterly they should produce a way better result. this means I'm expecting the share price to pass rs 350-400 in 3 months time. Ofc if they go for a split the price wil climb a lot as at the moment the price of the share is a tad 2 high for the retailers.
PLZ do your own study though this is in no way 100% garented stuff but analysis backed up my studies.

What i said originally said about the share was its great share in medium term as in 6months time where i named 4 stocks! 2 short term 2 medium term! I also said CFVF will go up considering they give an attractive dividend! I never assured people about these as I did about some things like GRAN price, PCH price and also about PALM oil plantations!
Even about LDEV which i said recently was that it has a good chance it can give a 100% return and for people who asked my personal opinion I told them to just by 100 shares!( IT seems as you can see it might give the 100% return this way)
PS:- BTW i already sold the PABC! In this market you suppose to sell when you get the the announcements in official Smile

Dude nothing personal.. ppl are bullish on shares whether its GRAN, PCH or KGAL, NAMU.. And they have a belief and some are beleiving in future potential, compnay developments and stuff.. there's nothing like awesome shares and my shares are golden and others ones are crap..

Going thru the replies here u can understand how many ppl like to see u back in forum, but same ppl wont like you take their openions like crap and try to make ur openion shine all the time..
What u have to learn is to respect others as they respect u.. every1 has the right to talk here.. nobody is superior to anyone.. maybe ur the greatest magician here but still you get equal rights..

U are always welcome to pin point an error or false statement but there's a gentle way of doing it..
Hope u understand all this and I'd be more than happy to see u posting here as those are educational as well as knowledgeable when taken out the abuse Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum