FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » VPEL Results

VPEL Results

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VPEL Results Empty VPEL Results Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:35 pm

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
What do u think about VPEL results?

2VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Disappointing. Drop in Revenue & Profits

3VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:41 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Are you looking at this quarter VPEL group resutls. I see both revenue and profits marginally up !


@Hawk Eye wrote:Disappointing. Drop in Revenue & Profits

4VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 am

realstock


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Annualized EPS above Rs 1.00
 Very Happy 

5VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:07 am

knockknobbler


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Hawk Eye wrote:Disappointing. Drop in Revenue & Profits

What I see,

Group -Net profit for the period

Quarter-31 Dec 2013-  141 mn -15 % increase.
9 mths -31 Dec 2013 -  662 mn - 135% increase

Disappointing ?  ( or are we looking at the same Report)



Last edited by knockknobbler on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

6VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
We are looking at the same report, but i take a different view.

7VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
Please explain.

@Hawk Eye wrote:We are looking at the same report, but i take a different view.

8VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 pm

knockknobbler


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Hawk Eye wrote:Disappointing. Drop in Revenue & Profits

Had a hard look , tend to agree with you.
Any idea , what constitute cost of sales? Why it has not declined with turnover ?

9VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
If you compare Q to Q

Revenue-->Jun-13-->355Mn
Revenue-->Jun-12-->150Mn
136% increase

Revenue-->Sep-13-->371Mn
Revenue-->Sep-12-->216Mn
72% increase

Revenue-->Dec-13-->232Mn
Revenue-->Dec-12-->219Mn
Only 6 % increase

I believe the cumulative good results are due to abnormal weather patterns in first 2 qtrs. Therefore it cannot sustain the momentum, unless its justified with current cumulative earnings. march is normally a dry period

If they normally do above 250Mn it will also improve the GP margins and net

My qty /my price/my strategy says December could have been something better with a Profit of 170Mn for a good run  

further Elnino is feared in winter. and expected to last for 02 years from 2014-2015

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-28/el-nino-may-develop-as-most-models-predict-pacific-ocean-warming.html?cmpid=yhoo

.............An El Nino weather pattern, which can parch Australia and parts of Asia while bringing rains to South America, may occur in the coming months as the Pacific Ocean warms, according to Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology.............

............Depending on the size of the El Nino, it may push 2014 and, more likely, 2015 up the rankings of warmest years on record, the Goddard Institute’s Schmidt said on a conference call. The Earth’s warmest years, 2010 and 2005, were associated with the weather pattern........



Last edited by Hawk Eye on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

10VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
I see how you are looking at his now.  
I don't know the Dec situation for VPEL.  Was there continous water supply to VPEL .  

If you look at some Htdro shares last quarter when VPEL had high revenue, the relative performace of them were much lesser.

So in essense ,  I treat Hydro power and Plantation shares  is a different way.  Thing can change a lot quickly as there are factors beyond human control at times.

A market run can trigger this sector. Atleast the NAVs are growing slowly. VPEL gives huge dividneds so NAV doesn't jump much . But atleast those who held VPEL got above savings rates through dividends.


@Hawk Eye wrote:If you compare Q to Q

Revenue-->Jun-13-->355Mn
Revenue-->Jun-12-->150Mn
136% increase

Revenue-->Sep-13-->371Mn
Revenue-->Sep-12-->216Mn
72% increase

Revenue-->Dec-13-->232Mn
Revenue-->Dec-12-->219Mn
Only 6 % increase

I believe the cumulative good results are due to abnormal weather patterns in first 2 qtrs. Therefore it cannot sustain the momentum, unless its justified with current cumulative earnings. march is normally a dry period

My qty /my price/my strategy says December could have been something better with a Profit of 170Mn for a good run  

further Elnino is feared in winter. and expected to last for 02 years from 2014-2015

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-28/el-nino-may-develop-as-most-models-predict-pacific-ocean-warming.html?cmpid=yhoo

.............An El Nino weather pattern, which can parch Australia and parts of Asia while bringing rains to South America, may occur in the coming months as the Pacific Ocean warms, according to Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology.............

............Depending on the size of the El Nino, it may push 2014 and, more likely, 2015 up the rankings of warmest years on record, the Goddard Institute’s Schmidt said on a conference call. The Earth’s warmest years, 2010 and 2005, were associated with the weather pattern........

11VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:I see how you are looking at his now.  
I don't know the Dec situation for VPEL.  Was there continous water supply to VPEL .  

If you look at some Htdro shares last quarter when VPEL had high revenue, the relative performace of them were much lesser.

So in essense ,  I treat Hydro power and Plantation shares  is a different way.  Thing can change a lot quickly as there are factors beyond human control at times.

A market run  can trigger this sector.  Atleast the NAVs are growing slowly.  VPEL gives huge dividneds so NAV doesn't jump much . But atleast  those who held VPEL  got above savings rates through dividends.


@Hawk Eye wrote:If you compare Q to Q

Revenue-->Jun-13-->355Mn
Revenue-->Jun-12-->150Mn
136% increase

Revenue-->Sep-13-->371Mn
Revenue-->Sep-12-->216Mn
72% increase

Revenue-->Dec-13-->232Mn
Revenue-->Dec-12-->219Mn
Only 6 % increase

I believe the cumulative good results are due to abnormal weather patterns in first 2 qtrs. Therefore it cannot sustain the momentum, unless its justified with current cumulative earnings. march is normally a dry period

My qty /my price/my strategy says December could have been something better with a Profit of 170Mn for a good run  

further Elnino is feared in winter. and expected to last for 02 years from 2014-2015

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-28/el-nino-may-develop-as-most-models-predict-pacific-ocean-warming.html?cmpid=yhoo

.............An El Nino weather pattern, which can parch Australia and parts of Asia while bringing rains to South America, may occur in the coming months as the Pacific Ocean warms, according to Australia’s Bureau of Meteorology.............

............Depending on the size of the El Nino, it may push 2014 and, more likely, 2015 up the rankings of warmest years on record, the Goddard Institute’s Schmidt said on a conference call. The Earth’s warmest years, 2010 and 2005, were associated with the weather pattern........


I am adjusting my exposure to the majority view.. Wink 

12VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:36 pm

hariesha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@knockknobbler wrote:
@Hawk Eye wrote:Disappointing. Drop in Revenue & Profits

What I see,

Group -Net profit for the period

Quarter-31 Dec 2013-  141 mn -15 % increase.
9 mths -31 Dec 2013 -  662 mn - 135% increase

Disappointing ?  ( or are we looking at the same Report)

They earned during the wet season and distribute the profits. We had seen good dividends in last year. Still they can declare some dividends, but now we are into the dry weather. January 2014 was a bad month for hydro. 

http://research.srilankaequity.com/t858-valuation-guide-to-power-sector-2nd-q-2013-14

13VPEL Results Empty Re: VPEL Results Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:54 pm

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I can see the many points of view of the expert of this forum regarding VPEL.
It seems... its a counter with lots of potential and good to view.....
But I may have to keep little longer period to drop them with some gain.....
I am experting above 7/- within 2-3 months..... but Alnino may destroy my dream..... but dividend may keep me cool.....!!!

 drunken

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum