FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Forum

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Forum  Empty The Forum Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Aubrey Perera

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi Fellow Forum members,

I thought I should pen a few words during these turbulent times i.e Bear Run and Forum change. The FED taper was coming months ago and as a result we see foreign funds exiting the market, we can't say we were blind sided, we were optimistic in thinking that the locals will take the baton and take the bull by it's horn. It might change tomorrow for the better or might go down further depending on how much more foreign sales are there.

I remember during the credit bubble (when brokers had extended credit to all and sundry sometime upto 500% and more ) everyone was speculating saying "this much more to go and that much more to go etc" some new the true picture and sold some decided to hold on and still have huge losses in their PF's , some played the market very well bought during ASPI 6000 days and sold when it hit 7500 exited and re entered when market crashed.

Even the biggest players burned their fingers, of course big players have money to burn, it was the poor retailers who were contemplating suicide and were kicked out from their homes for pawning jewellery and land to play the market that was predicted to hit 10000.

Fast forward and we are now talking about foreign sales. What trajectory the market will take no one can really say, some say because low interest rates the market looks attractive and locals should invest now. couple of days later and CSE has dropped continuously due to foreigners exiting. In the past too, people have said invest in fundamental shares, well if your a trader and bought JKH based on that, you will kicking your heels and thinking what's the difference between a JKH and a blue diamond during a severe bear ? it's all to do with timing some retailers would have already sold at a loss which might be a good thing as they can't take the pressure. some might be playing the bear and selling at a loss and buying again at lower prices. some might be hoping for JKH to drop to 150 to collect large quantities, what ever the reason it's our personal choice.

I sold LIOC on Friday at a great profit and entered JKH w23 at Rs.60. why did I do this and how could I afford to sell during such a bear very simple, I bought LIOC at lower levels and I was comfortable to sell , even though I had a lesser profit ( sold at 37 when I could have sold before, at 38, 39 or 40 when bull was prevailing) why did i buy JKH w 23 well I felt it was a good buy , I might be wrong heck it might go to 55, or 50 or better market might turn around and it might go to 70. other than LIOC which I sold my portfolio too is in the red. If I sell all my shares and get out now it's my personal choice. I know relatives who burned their fingers during the 7500 rise in the cse but who were full of praise when they were making thumping profits, the moment it crashed some lost millions, some still hold at a considerable loss, some have been forced to leave the CSE and never ever play the market because of their wives.

Think about your next move carefully, it all depends on your personal ability to manage your finances.

As for the forum, I remember there was some other forum that was closed down some years ago and I Happened to read comments on that and everyone was sad and it was as if there would not be another forum ever. Lo and behold this one pops up and now no one ever even talks about that forum. people sympathised with the owner of the shut down site and pledged their loyalty and like a lot of things in Lanka he was for gotten.

As much as I admired what a tireless and voluntary job the admins and mods did I personally felt that they sometimes probably got too carried away when implementing rules and sometimes acted as if the forum was their property . I have had a few arguments on this as well. Sometimes they might have had a right to act as if it was their property due to the sheer number of posts and time spent on nurturing the baby that is this forum, But in actual fact the owners were always independent and could do what ever when ever they pleased. The marriage of owners and mods/admins worked very well I guess for the previous owners, but nothing lasts forever and we have a new set of owners with a different set of management objectives and different management style. if this style will take this forum from strength to strength or bury it is left to be seen. Remember in that old forum that closed there were people who were worshipping the chicken guru MW, some hated his guts, again it's your opinion.

We need to move on and change accordingly and discuss worthwhile topics. Someone posted a very interesting para on forum personalities, after all we are just forum personalities aren't we. We can't trust anyone here , just hope that you learn something good and it benefits you.It would be different if we met personally and knew each other inside out even then there are numerous times that we are mis lead and stop trusting people. My point been is that there might be hidden agendas even behind the most genuine of posts and that's the best method of attracting the most gullible i.e MW he had bombarded the forum ( please google there are still some of his posts online) with facts, chicken sales and what not , I personally think he saw a good stock bought at lower prices got together with others and got the share going and exited all based on sound financials according to him. I know a friend who made millions of the chicken run and sadly I know people who lost as well. But hey this is the world we live in .

My car my patrol so all the best and I hope slstock and everyone else can soon bury the hatchet and let's all get down to taking investment. If you guys do open another forum i will gladly join as well, competition is good after all.

Good luck

2The Forum  Empty Re: The Forum Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:46 pm

thighrokker

Manager - Equity Analytics

Just as when you are investing in stock you need to know the background and tips of the ice burg, when you volunteer to moderate a forum too, you need to know who owns it, what are their motives etc.
Moral here is that while its good to volunteer, its better know WHAT you are volunteering for.
Also this is not the only forum on Planet Earth where mods and admins volunteer. And no one volunteer out of the goodness of the Heart. There is a psychological reasoning for what motivates such a role.

3The Forum  Empty Re: The Forum Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:59 pm

ADP

ADP

very well said Aubrey, I too remember the forum you wrote about, Funny thing is was thinking on the same lines as you. The so called new managements only intention I feel is to ensure they spread enough panic and negativity and make maximum use of the down trend.

GMNet said in one of his posts that he is here for a reason and once that is achieved we will never see him again. Just look at what he has done thus far speaks volumes as to what his mission is.

I don't know for sure if we are heading for a bear market in the long run, I'm still very optimistic on the market.

I have just two thoughts I like add to what you have said. If you are optimistic there are plenty of shares to pick from. If you are pessimistic get through your selling fast so the rest of us can start to see some progress.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum