FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by God Father Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

LGL Performance

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LGL Performance Empty LGL Performance Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

I stated LGL performance would be bad this quarter due to its diversified new leisure sector. Sadly for this quarter its main sector energy also shows a drop in GP margin and Profit. After a good performance in first few quarters the EPS shows a bad drop to Rs.0.10.

If we look at the main contributors for this drop, it comes from the leisure with an operating loss of Rs 26.7Mn. Apart from the main sector energy showing a drop in GP margin, the finance cost has bloated to Rs.12mn for the quarter compared to Rs.1.7mn last year same quarter. Now the biggest question is, how long will the Leisure sector and finance cost going to affect the bottom line of the Company.

Taking a look at the cash flow and balance sheet, it shows the company is borrowing now heavily. Its interest bearing long term loans have increased massively compared to previous year

In its Annual Report, chairman’s statement starts with the phrase “Small aim is a crime” with the hotelspicture in the background. I feel personally, only the cost is aimed high at building this hotel, and LGL going to struggle to find its revenue.

Q2Q EPS
2013/14-Q1----------0.70
2013/14-Q2----- -----1.60
2013/14-Q3----------0.98
2013/14-Q4----------0.10
2013/14 FY-----------3.38

Applying a PE of 10 gives the value of share Rs.33.80-34.00
Suppose if the last quarter results repeated for few quarters until the areas highlighted above make an improvement, the value would come down tremendously. This is what I have been waiting to highlight

There is a possibility for the annualized EPS to drop to 0.4 to 2.00 ranges until it makes a speed recovery

HE

2LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:32 pm

lakmal87

Manager - Equity Analytics

We can't think last quater profit was decrease. Then next year EPS decrease.. i think, company start a hotel sector in march. Then this quater no generate revenue. This year Borrowings are increase. Bt now interest rate low. They invest borrowing money.(hotel,property) Then finance exp. Low this day.We are compare last annual report & this report. This year preforms good. This is my opinin..

3LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:20 am

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

lakmal87 wrote:We can't think last quater profit was decrease. Then next year EPS decrease.. i think, company start a hotel sector in march. Then this quater no generate revenue. This year Borrowings are increase. Bt now interest rate low. They invest borrowing money.(hotel,property) Then finance exp. Low this day.We are compare last annual report & this report. This year preforms good. This is my opinin..

Every think is perfect, But the thing is this part of world never attend to collect until result is appear.

4LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

lakmal87 wrote:We can't think last quater profit was decrease. Then next year EPS decrease.. i think, company start a hotel sector in march. Then this quater no generate revenue. This year Borrowings are increase. Bt now interest rate low. They invest borrowing money.(hotel,property) Then finance exp. Low this day.We are compare last annual report & this report. This year preforms good. This is my opinin..

if you check how much it cost them to build, and visited the hotel see how much they have spent on each detailed area (Ex: ceiling fans if you note ,its made of woods and from Thailan if im not mistaken, and not very cheap).each area is unique from buffet tables to dishes.its beautiful..But what is different to other hotels is they have to get the correct customers to make profit

Whom will they target to spend this luxury?

5LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:53 pm

lakmal87

Hawk Eye wrote:

if you check how much it cost them to build, and visited the hotel see how much they have spent on each detailed area (Ex: ceiling fans if you note ,its made of woods and from Thailan if im not mistaken, and not very cheap).each area is unique from buffet tables to dishes.i beautiful..But what is different to other hotels is they have to get the correct customers to make profit

Hotel sector have 2.9 Bn property.. they made one hotel. It's name Anantaya restor. Hotel have 87 rooms. Commence on Feb 15. You look at cash flowe of LGL. Then you can understand that borrowing how to use. They use that borrowing built of capital exp. That mean they use the low interest rate borrowing high demand of future hotel sector. .

6LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:33 pm

cse1981

cse1981

i heard
they going to buy mercantile finance

7LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

lakmal87 wrote:
Hawk Eye wrote:

if you check how much it cost them to build, and visited the hotel see how much they have spent on each detailed area (Ex: ceiling fans if you note ,its made of woods and from Thailan if im not mistaken, and not very cheap).each area is unique from buffet tables to dishes.i beautiful..But what is different to other hotels is they have to get the correct customers to make profit

tel sector have 2.9 Bn property.. they made one hotel. It's name Anantaya restor. Hotel have 87 rooms. Commence on Feb 15. You look at  cash flowe of LGL. Then you can understand that borrowing how to use. They use that borrowing built of capital exp. That mean they use the low interest rate borrowing high demand of future hotel sector.   .

I think we are talking different languege...i am talking about and have been talking on their sales strategy and customer base

8LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:46 pm

lakmal87

Acualy i don't know dear their sales strategy. Bt their have good customer base their are products. I belive this company better long term investment.

9LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 am

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

there results will reveal the truth...lets wait for it

10LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

I feel this time their core business should improve profit. prices slowly making up with good collection

11LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:09 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Hawk Eye wrote:I feel this time their core business should improve profit. prices slowly making up with good collection

Easily LGL should show very impressive results. So fingers crossed. If you have it.

12LGL Performance Empty Re: LGL Performance Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:
Hawk Eye wrote:I feel this time their core business should improve profit. prices slowly making up with good collection

Easily LGL should show very impressive results. So fingers crossed. If you have it.

Yes..Bought at 28- 30 range for a long term purpose, collected again at 37-39..Results will decide to buy further or not for short term trading

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum