FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE

+11
SM2014
Nuwan Samarawickrama
Nitro 7
RPPA
SS
Lawwa
SuckingRumor
EPS
VALUEPICK
MARKETWATCH2
AAABoy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:46 am

AAABoy

AAABoy

Symbol - WATA.N
Current Price - Rs. 16/-
Target Price - Rs. 20/-

Watawala Plantain - I hope it must be above Rs. 20/- right now. NAV is Rs. 18.80, Attractive PER 5.58X. EPS for the last quarter was 0.98. Good Dividend Yield 7.5%. They are the leading company in retail Tea sector with Zesta and Wawatawala Kahata. Pls refer there latest financials. Also note that I don't hold a single share. This is just my opinion.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/728_1406284278165.pdf

2WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:39 pm

MARKETWATCH2

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Yes. short term target price Rs.20/. buy on every pullback. follow the trend.

3WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:53 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

AAABoy wrote:Symbol - WATA.N
Current Price - Rs. 16/-
Target Price - Rs. 20/-

Watawala Plantain - I hope it must be above Rs. 20/- right now. NAV is Rs. 18.80, Attractive PER 5.58X. EPS for the last quarter was 0.98. Good Dividend Yield 7.5%. They are the leading company in retail Tea sector with Zesta and Wawatawala Kahata. Pls refer there latest financials. Also note that I don't hold a single share. This is just my opinion.

I noticed there were large volumes trading in the WATA Plantations last couple of days. How about its chart? Is it still strong?

4WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:35 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

Watawala making money from oil palm business. Last quarter 90% earned from palm oil. Not tea. Wait till another quarter to compare the progress.

5WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:08 am

SuckingRumor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

WATA will touch Rs.20 within a week buy and keep. Run will start today

6WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:45 am

Lawwa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

SUN moving , Why WATA not going up ??

7WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty World Palm Oil prices Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:39 pm

SS

SS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Month Price Change
Feb 2014 811.20 -
Mar 2014 860.52 6.08 %
Apr 2014 825.32 -4.09 %
May 2014 800.29 -3.03 %
Jun 2014 758.47 -5.23 %
Jul 2014 752.89 -0.74 %
Aug 2014 677.86 -9.97 %

not too sure whether wata supplying to world or local market??

8WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:30 pm

SuckingRumor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Strong Buys are coming

9WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:07 pm

SuckingRumor

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Current Price - Rs. 16/-
Target Price - Rs. 20/-

Going up up up

10WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:30 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

As I said before in a major uptrend there will be opportunity in almost all the sectors. This stock stagnated around Rs.10 despite some good results. Why do we see demand for this stock now? It is due to present market situation. Even other plantations stocks also have appreciated at different levels. Recently there were break out for UDPL. Now market players have identified value of that stock too. I believe other plantation stocks also will have rally sooner than later due to great value. On valuations plantation stocks should go up. In additions sector trend is up. Enjoy you trend. Now it is time for food and healthy hot beverage stocks too. Good luck!

11WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

VALUEPICK wrote:As I said before in a major uptrend there will be opportunity in almost all the sectors. This stock stagnated around Rs.10 despite some good results. Why do we see demand for this stock now? It is due to present market situation. Even other plantations stocks also have appreciated at different levels. Recently there were break out for UDPL. Now market players have identified value of that stock too. I believe other plantation stocks also will have rally sooner than later due to great value. On valuations  plantation stocks should go up. In additions sector trend is up. Enjoy you trend. Now it is time for food and healthy hot beverage stocks too. Good luck!

As i said from earlier

Tomorrow is the day for bargaining. Go & hunt them.

12WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Nitro 7

[quote="RPPA"]
VALUEPICK wrote: Now it is time for food and healthy hot beverage stocks too. Good luck!

RPPA,
Nest?

13WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:56 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Nitro 7 wrote:
RPPA wrote:
VALUEPICK wrote: Now it is time for food and healthy hot beverage stocks too. Good luck!

RPPA,
Nest?

Nest is for dividends. The price 2,100/-.For me bit over priced (1,500/- better)

When you buy such a stock. Has to hold for long. So opportunity cost is high in this kind of a market.

In a bearish market super to hold.

As normally these shares not depreciate much compared to other stocks.

14WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:35 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

Accounts soon...250mn for the quarter????

15WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:48 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:
VALUEPICK wrote:As I said before in a major uptrend there will be opportunity in almost all the sectors. This stock stagnated around Rs.10 despite some good results. Why do we see demand for this stock now? It is due to present market situation. Even other plantations stocks also have appreciated at different levels. Recently there were break out for UDPL. Now market players have identified value of that stock too. I believe other plantation stocks also will have rally sooner than later due to great value. On valuations  plantation stocks should go up. In additions sector trend is up. Enjoy you trend. Now it is time for food and healthy hot beverage stocks too. Good luck!

As i said from earlier

Tomorrow is the day for bargaining. Go & hunt them.

Can you all remember this on plantations.

All are bargaining for them.

What can i do.

16WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:48 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

It is time to study personality of each stock in this sector. After UDPL which one has more potential to become breakout stock?  Will it be MPRH or BALA? We need not to tell about MADU? It has its own personality different from others. MASK is building some large volume. Personality of BOPL is also different. TPL has systematic run. WATA had  splits. During one period WATA outperformed other stocks. During rubber rally KGAL became the leader and it outperformed others. Will UDPL become leader in the group this time? We have to wait and see.  BTW I bought few HAPU today. Hard to find stocks at lower levels. ELPL is another star. KOTA MAL, NAMU,AGAL, KAHA and HOPL also have their own rally. Where to do we find great value like this?  Good luck!

17WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Current Price - Rs. 16/-
Target Price - Rs. 20/-

AAABOY

හොයාගේ ඉල්ලකය අද ළඟා උණා. සුබ අනාගතයක්.

18WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Nuwan Samarawickrama

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Current Price - Rs. 16/-
Target Price - Rs. 20/-

As company has decided to invest in Agarwood it will be more valuable stock in the long term.

19WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty WATA POOR 2ND QTR RESULTS Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:53 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

2nd QTR PAT only Rs.32Mn dwn by 64% against same QTR last year.For some reason their cost of sales increased by whooping 46%.

So 6M EPS 1.11 Per share.

This is hard to believe with the attractive tea prices. So tomorrow share price may fall.

20WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 pm

SM2014

SM2014
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

RPPA wrote:2nd QTR PAT only Rs.32Mn dwn by 64% against same QTR last year.For some reason their cost of sales increased by whooping 46%.

This is hard to believe with the attractive tea prices. So tomorrow share price may fall.

Tea segment is loss. This may lead to drop plantation sector shares. Even tea prices are low compared to last quarter

21WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Then Plantation stocks Question

22WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:10 pm

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert

As per my news line, no major improvement in tea & rubber results.
Will see comming days.

23WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:33 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:2nd QTR PAT only Rs.32Mn dwn by 64% against same QTR last year.For some reason their cost of sales increased by whooping 46%.

Anybody understand the reason why the cost of sales increased by 46% of WATA.

Tea
Tea sector reported a gross loss of LKR 5.5 Mn for 1HFY15 compared to gross loss of LKR 131 Mn recorded in the same period last year. Net Loss before Tax stood at LKR 154 Mn compared to Net Loss of LKR 234 Mn in 1HFY14.
Overall volumes saw an increase, recording 5.29 Mn kg during 1HFY15 vs.4.33 Mn Kg in 1HFY14.

24WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:46 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Well done EPS you hit the Nail Very Happy

25WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Empty Re: WATA - ATTRACTIVE PRICE Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:40 am

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

i cant 100% agree with RPPAs statement.
There s is a decline of profits compare to last quarter.
thats true.
But if we rake overall 6 months , compare to last year
profits have gone up by 164 Mn ( 166% ).
compare to last year 6 month EPS 0.41 this year 6 month EPS is 1.11.
Compare to financial statements 2014/3/31,
Current and non current liabilities have gone down.
total equity gone up and asset column gone up and
Book value has gone up from 17.82 to 18.43.

look at the net cash flow from operating activities.
period ended in 2013 sep it was 25,692 but this year

I dont see any valid reason to fall share price.
False Alarm !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum