FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most of the shares are comming Down

+23
siga
dineshfernando
aero
Balanced_Views
barba
ahamed112
fireshelter
matthewkevin
Padonrup
dow
Octopus
VALUEPICK
celtic tiger
Fairtrade
nickjava
D.G.Dayaratne
RPPA
MARKETWATCH2
yellow knife
Wessa123
indi009
Nuwan Samarawickrama
stocker
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:02 pm

fireshelter

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Pull back for the next run it will hit 7500 next week i feel like that WAPO SINI MBSL IN MY Portfolio Scap collecting early monday

27Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:13 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Padonrup wrote:I had look in to other stock markets (Europe & South-east Asia) and all most all are down by nearly 1-2%. I guess this has something to do with oil prices as well.

You are correct. Globally all markets are down.For me US market is very much heated & long waited correction is due & European countries are struggling as a whole. Even German the strongest of them all. Unemployment is sky rocketing.

It's pity that ours also came down. the today's correction is good for the market.

i am upbeat about our market to hit all time high.

28Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 am

ahamed112

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Yesterday foreign sales were high.

Domestic purchase 2,540,162,791
Domestic sales 2,034,148,992

Foreign purchase 274,280,242
Foreign sales 780,294,042

Does any one knows what they sold??

29Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:05 am

VALUEPICK

Expert
Expert

Octopus wrote:
VALUEPICK wrote:Is Major uptrend is intact? If yes then have a faith on the market. Pullbacks in a major uptrend create great opportunities that we missed. I believe market should recover from Monday. These days there will be lot of demand for consumer staples. That is why we see demand for stocks such as RWSL, BFL, TAFL, TPL and UDPL. Finance sector went up too fast and now they are adjusting to the correct level before their rally during next 10 quarters.  There will be some volatility in some stocks. Still there will be green stocks in the market because of current major uptrend. There is a possibility even there will be recovery in the market toward end of the day. As I said before I am in the process of readjusting my portfolio. I believe this is the time to add, reduce and rotate stocks. It is also time to park money in stocks which came out of their base and in the accumulation stage.  Second phase of a major uptrend can last for a long period. Good luck

There is nothing to worry yet. things are as usual. As you said, this is a major opportunity to adjust. Actually, for me, this is the time to get myself convert from a trader to a long time investor because things are coming down. Elakiri Valupick. Game is still on for people like us. SStar is wounded, I think shark too. Because I dont see much posts from him either.

Lets rock and role.

Have a patient. It is good if we can pick stocks at lower prices than at current prices for some stocks. Market P/E is showing over 15 due to few overvalued stocks. Once they come down stocks and market will become more attractive. Once we see December and March quarter 2015 we will see more value in some stocks. Even quarter ending September we may see surprises including budget surprises. Did you get my ideas? Then in the current market still there will be winners. If we can identify few of them still there can be trading and investment opportunities. There are few stocks that I missed. If they come down to reasonable price I would like to buy them. It is better to have stocks in our portfolio which came out of their base recently and are in the first stage of uptrend. It is also wise to keep stocks which are having less selling under any circumstances. We need to identify these stocks.

It is time to readjust portfolio and mange credit with lower interest rate wisely to get better returns in the coming weeks, months and coming quarters. Sstar is clever who knows she might buy next week. Intelligent players will buy and sell stocks before others. Good luck!

30Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:14 pm

barba

Manager - Equity Analytics

VALUE PICK So is not enough.Name those stocks that you believe have the potential to go up

31Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:35 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

barba wrote:VALUE PICK So is not enough.Name those stocks that you believe have the potential to go up

Didn’t I say UDPL is a hidden gem in the plantation sector? It was trading below Rs.30. It passed Rs.35 beating TPL. Currently I am studying this stock. Even Hapu should pass Rs.35 level. I am little bit bullish on GRAN. But I am looking for some value on it. I also like stocks which are trading discount to the market and below the net asset per share. Just like in other global markets It look like finally chicken stocks are about to begin their great rally. Grain prices are falling rapidly. If you go through broker valuations reports you will find some attractive stocks in the market. Remember future earnings are more important. CSE has even sectors trading below the p/e ratio of 7. Good luck

32Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:12 pm

barba

Got it VALUE PICK.Thanks

33Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:51 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Yes most of the stocks came down. Stocks  which had support: ASIR, BFL, TAFL, GRAN, UDPL, TYRE, MADU, MPRH, MASK, NAMU, RCL, REXP

They could be future winners. Good luck!

34Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Balanced_Views

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

stocker wrote:Experts,

Most of the shares are coming Down. Any reason?

probably just a small profit taking. dont worry yet

35Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:48 pm

stocker

stocker

Will keep up our hopes bro

36Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:21 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

EPS X Market P/E =?

EPS X P/E 15=?

EPS X P/E 13=?

EPS X P/ E 12 =?

EPS X P/E 10=? Minimum

5 X 15= Rs.75

Time to follow stocks trading below the P/E 13. If I am correct there is nearly over 85 to 100 shares are trading below the P/E ratio of 13. Some are trading below the P/E ratio of 8. So we can screen further. Debt levels, working capitals, ROE, growth, future earnings etc. There may be some budget surprises for value added products and export products. I can remember some were calling pre-budget rally and post budget rally etc those days. It is a kind of speculation. Let growth investors to follow P/E ratio over 15. Good luck!

37Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:36 am

aero

VALUEPICK wrote:Yes most of the stocks came down. Stocks  which had support: ASIR, BFL, TAFL, GRAN, UDPL, TYRE, MADU, MPRH, MASK, NAMU, RCL, REXP

one of the your favorite share also now trading with highest dividend yeild in the sector..
why you exit from that and go with GRAN..? Rolling Eyes

38Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:58 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

aero wrote:
VALUEPICK wrote:Yes most of the stocks came down. Stocks  which had support: ASIR, BFL, TAFL, GRAN, UDPL, TYRE, MADU, MPRH, MASK, NAMU, RCL, REXP

one of the your favorite share also now trading with highest dividend yeild in the sector..
why you exit from that and go with GRAN..? Rolling Eyes

Still I have some. Hoping to add more in a favorable market condition and industry conditions.Recently I added few Gran. Once I see more value and growth I will add more. Otherwise I will go with better one. Poultry results should improve in the coming quarters. As I said before during next two to eight quarters we will get idea about capacity for poultry sector once we see over 2 million tourist numbers. Accordingly we should be able to get wise decisions. Grain prices also are coming down now. Now maize planting acres are expanding and local maize output should go up in the future. There may be some exports concessions for poultry exports from this budget. We will wait and see. Good luck!

39Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:21 pm

dineshfernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Please find the attached valuation guide. Go for undervalued shares which are trading at less than PE 10 times. You will recover faster in an extreme market correction if you stick to the basics.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t37431-is-cse-over-heated-market-pe-2002-times#226503

40Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:26 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

dineshfernando wrote:Please find the attached valuation guide. Go for undervalued shares which are trading at less than PE 10 times. You will recover faster in an extreme market correction if you stick to the basics.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t37431-is-cse-over-heated-market-pe-2002-times#226503

Thanks. Very useful. In addition to current P/E ratio we also need to study and estimate forward P/E ratio and future earnings at least for next two financial years to pick winning stocks. Good luck!

41Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:23 am

MARKETWATCH2

RPPA wrote:
Padonrup wrote:I had look in to other stock markets (Europe & South-east Asia) and all most all are down by nearly 1-2%. I guess this has something to do with oil prices as well.

You are correct. Globally all markets are down.For me US market is very much heated & long waited correction is due & European countries are struggling as a whole. Even German the strongest of them all. Unemployment is sky rocketing.

It's pity  that ours also came down. the today's correction is good for the market.

i am upbeat about our market to hit all time high.

Pakistan market is top performer in Asia. Upto now it is up.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/world-indexes/asia-pacific/

42Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Fairtrade

Fairtrade

Sri lankan bourse becoming the worst in Asia.

43Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

siga

siga
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Dear Experts
please advice what will happen to MGT ? Shall I sell it? I brought it in 19-19.5 level

44Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:31 pm

PriyanDV

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

End of the day broker firms have won the game... !

45Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Gintonic

[
quote="PriyanDV"]End of the day broker firms have won the game... ! [/quote]
As usual! Laughing

46Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

India went through some corrections...... just stop worrying too much.

Who worries much on a simple correction are the speculators and gamblers ....

Sorry friends .... i have to say this.

47Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I welcome bear market because that is the time we are able to collect good shares at a discount.

dont say we did not expect this correction. we were all aware soon or later some thing of this sort was to happen... and be glad it is happening now cheers

48Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

dont blame market or brokers ..... if we play smart we will be able to make most out of this correction.

also dont thin market will recover soon... give enough time to settle it (consolidate, before next move)

49Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:22 pm

celtic tiger

When market takes the next U-turn to go up,most of the shares will shoot up before you think because of present favorable conditions.so my strategy to buy good shares now rather than later.

50Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 pm

nimantha80

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

SHARK aka TAH wrote:dont blame market or brokers ..... if we play smart we will be able to make most out of this correction.

also dont thin market will recover soon... give enough time to settle it (consolidate, before next move)
No recovery soon?boss please expect the unspected

51Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:41 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

can we expect a swift recovery ...but i am sure some wanted to collect much lower ..... than todays prices. so better to wait and watch until this game is over

52Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:47 pm

nimantha80

SHARK aka TAH wrote:can we expect a swift recovery ...but i am sure some wanted to collect much lower ..... than todays prices. so better to wait and watch until this game is over
What you say is so better stop doing my tech analysis because what some want is actually happening.Actualy thats whats happening Asi and shres behave the way some want.thats what happened in history and it will happen in future too.forget tech guys.if u can rember thats why ctc didnt fall to 800

53Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:52 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

everything is gloomy on CTC most researchers too expect 600 or some levels in their research reports..... i too expect some bearish sentiments to pick up as long as 12xx levels not crossed and closed above.

54Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:55 pm

nimantha80

SHARK aka TAH wrote:everything is gloomy on CTC most researchers too expect 600 or some levels in their research reports..... i too expect some bearish sentiments to pick up as long as 12xx levels not crossed and closed above.
Then better don,t buy anyshare.what i talk is logic and your facts post want addup together.

55Most of the shares are comming Down - Page 2 Empty Re: Most of the shares are comming Down Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:59 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

why should i buy CTC ... i am not buying i will buy either it breaks out or wait further below to enter.

the ctc was forming a nice pattern. as said earlier (actually few months i guess) unless we see a breakout we should not touch at all.

good luck with your holding....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum