FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

will ALLI make another Run?

+5
UKboy
tubal
advisor
Slstock
Jana
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1will ALLI make another Run?  Empty will ALLI make another Run? Thu May 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Alli come down after one day run. Its went up to 1600/= today but more selling pressure. less intrest to buy. but only less than 10000 shares to sell in the market eventhough its not possitive? anyone thing about ALLI make another run very soon or not??

Hi Rajitha Did you sell yours / what is your valuable idea about it ? and anyone can say about this..

bad day today .. I sold my WAPO @ 220 level last two days before and bought ALLI @ 883/= and 1300/= but I missed to sell ALLI today and last day as well. now in red again.

2will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Thu May 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Jana wrote:Alli come down after one day run. Its went up to 1600/= today but more selling pressure. less intrest to buy.

but only less than 10000 shares to sell in the market eventhough its not possitive?

anyone thing about ALLI make another run very soon or not??

Hi Rajitha Did you sell yours / what is your valuable idea about it ? and anyone can say about this..

bad day today .. I sold my WAPO @ 220 level last two days before and bought ALLI @ 883/= and 1300/= but I missed to sell ALLI today and last day as well. now in red again.

Jana,

I am not sure on this, but ALLI went up too fast to 1500+ in day. Now the people who wanted to sell are coming in I guess. Buyer not too interested as they wanted to get a bargain. All this is what I am guessing. At Rs 1200 ALLI is still fundamentally good. After consolidation is may go for another run . Keep watching. When there are far worse illuid shares in the market still tradign at high prices
ALLI and DIMO still looks very good. ( at these levels)

3will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Thu May 19, 2011 4:16 pm

advisor

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

@Slstock, your Guess is correct.. It may take another run verysoon.

ALLI went down bcos the most reason..
*most of them don't like to hold it. try to sell those immediatley..
*no one try to colloect and push this stock(manupulation or speculation)

ALLI will go up again(possible) bcos the reason
* still undervalued compare with oter finace sector's stock
*all the finance stocks are doing well and attractive stock in the market(eg; CFIN ,LFIN, SFIN )
* ARPI FINACE also doing well so ALLI hold ARPI
* very illiquid stock (now possitvie trend for the illiquid stock)

I feel If we get any split announcement from the company then we may expect more than 2000/= for this stock

Last edited by advisor on Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell mistake)

4will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Thu May 19, 2011 9:47 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Well, well, well. DIMO financials statements show where a large chunk of ALLI profits came from: selling their DIMO holdings. ALLI is no longer in the top 20 shareholders list. Pretty silly of them to sell an undervalued share like DIMO don't you think?

That's right folks, the ALLI result is just another case of profits ballooning due to extra ordinary items. I guess the price retreated today cause people had more time to analyze the financial statements (and Hybrid_OS had some scathing remarks in another thread).

I hope Rajitha sold is ALLI and Bought DIMO.

5will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Thu May 19, 2011 10:08 pm

UKboy

UKboy

tubal wrote:Well, well, well. DIMO financials statements show where a large chunk of ALLI profits came from: selling their DIMO holdings. ALLI is no longer in the top 20 shareholders list. Pretty silly of them to sell an undervalued share like DIMO don't you think?

That's right folks, the ALLI result is just another case of profits ballooning due to extra ordinary items. I guess the price retreated today cause people had more time to analyze the financial statements (and Hybrid_OS had some scathing remarks in another thread).

Well said Tubal.

Earlier someone tried comparing ALLI with CFIN.. scratch

Leave the share prices but you cannt compare these two companies..

6will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Thu May 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Monster

Monster

UKboy wrote:
tubal wrote:Well, well, well. DIMO financials statements show where a large chunk of ALLI profits came from: selling their DIMO holdings. ALLI is no longer in the top 20 shareholders list. Pretty silly of them to sell an undervalued share like DIMO don't you think?

Well said Tubal.

Earlier someone tried comparing ALLI with CFIN.. scratch

Leave the share prices but you cannt compare these two companies..
True, we cannot compare ALLI with CFIN. But CFIN is fairly valued to the current market price. It has appreciated almost 100% after the Perpetual deal. Now all depends on how they produce 4Q report. Let's wait and see.

7will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 pm

dineshfernando

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear Tubal,

Please correct me if I'm wrong. The gain on sale of shares would have accounted under:

1) Net interest income (99%) increase QoQ, 121% increase YoY
OR
2) Operating income (21%) increase
OR
3) Other income which is only Rs.11,318,422. I think the chances are it's under other income which is not significant in any way compared to the Net profit after tax of Rs. 103,564,935.

Further, it's not clear that how many shares of Dimo has been disposed by Alliance and at what price.
I think the increase in EPS is mainly due to higher interest income during the period. This is also evident by increase in lending (lease/Hp/term loans and other loans).

Other good thing is that ALLI has increased it's investment securities during the year compared to last year.

Overall, I still think that ALLI is under valued and worth to hold.

8will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 5:44 am

tubal

dineshfernando wrote:Dear Tubal,

Please correct me if I'm wrong. The gain on sale of shares would have accounted under:

OR
OR
3) Other income which is only Rs.11,318,422. I think the chances are it's under other income which is not significant in any way compared to the Net profit after tax of Rs. 103,564,935.

Further, it's not clear that how many shares of Dimo has been disposed by Alliance and at what price.
I think the increase in EPS is mainly due to higher interest income during the period. This is also evident by increase in lending (lease/Hp/term loans and other loans).

Other good thing is that ALLI has increased it's investment securities during the year compared to last year.

Dinesh, hold if you must. But like I said in another thread, people thought Chicken results were repeatable when they clearly were not while the same can be probably be said about ALLI.

ALLI statement doesn't explain what the hell they mean by operating income and I do believe it's profit from dealing in debt instruments and shares. Anyway we will soon find out when their annual report is released.

9will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 7:22 am

Slstock

Slstock

tubal wrote:
dineshfernando wrote:Dear Tubal,

OR
OR

Dinesh, hold if you must. But like I said in another thread, people thought Chicken results were repeatable when they clearly were not while the same can be probably be said about ALLI.

ALLI statement doesn't explain what the hell they mean by operating income and I do believe it's profit from dealing in debt instruments and shares. Anyway we will soon find out when their annual report is released.

Tube,

I also said early that it is not good to take ALLI march quarter as example for future earnings. They usually report higher EPS in march. We should not be comfortable holding this for long term if one is expecting the same results and you are right to point that out.

But there might be a short term gain due to its illliquid nature and the eps of 109 they reported. Compared to other crap ill liquids this still shows good fundamentals with the earnings they currently have shown you would agree. ( at price around Rs 1200-1300).
So if I were to pick an illquid for short term I would not mind picking a share trading at PE of 11 ( leaving out provisions for other earnings) compared PEs of 20-100s for a short term gain. From Dec quarter and YoY they have show growth on Net Interest Income also.

Now Speaking of DIMO holdings of ALLI

According to 2010 Annual report they had

79,973 DIMO shares at cost of Rs 18,232,690. Equals to about Rs 227 per share cost.

By December 2010 they had 75,473.

So as they have sold their complete DIMO holdings ( according to DIMO holder list), I am wondering maybe they sold before they saw December quarter eps and in the middle of the last run. If I recall right the last run was before the Dec report release right?

On tentative assumption they sold for RS 1500 per share their gain would be

(1500-227)* 75473= Rs 96077129

So a figure like that should be accounted for in some place. If I am to pick given the choice of Net Interest Income or Operating Income I guess it would be under Operating income. Lets await the annual report to confirm

10will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Jana

Jana

anyhow ...who is the idiot gave - rep for all ???

11will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Pira

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Jana wrote:anyhow ...who is the idiot gave - rep for all ???

Hi Jana
I didn't that but you have to look how you are talking to the other people. no one is an idiot here.

12will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 1:56 pm

innam

innam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:

So a figure like that should be accounted for in some place. If I am to pick given the choice of Net Interest Income or Operating Income I guess it would be under Operating income. Lets await the annual report to confirm

this is easy enough to confirm if you take a look at the 2010 annual report (whether operating income includes share sales)
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/341_1281941673094.pdf

on page 78 note 6 they give a break up of Operating income and a big chunk of this comes from dealing securities (if you go to page 82 note 16 you can see that dealing securities is made up of shares).

so the answer to your question is that ALLI accounts for share sales under operating income.

13will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Slstock

Slstock

innam wrote:
slstock wrote:

this is easy enough to confirm if you take a look at the 2010 annual report (whether operating income includes share sales)
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/341_1281941673094.pdf

on page 78 note 6 they give a break up of Operating income and a big chunk of this comes from dealing securities (if you go to page 82 note 16 you can see that dealing securities is made up of shares).

so the answer to your question is that ALLI accounts for share sales under operating income.

Thanks for pointing that out Innam. This will clarify and justify Tubal and my guesses.

Looking at Operating Income which is relatively considerable each quarter , is seems ALLI systematically dispose part of their holdings each quarter. So this might be a consistent practice to boost their income. Bit like what Sampath also did with Lanka Bangla

14will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Jana

Jana

Pira wrote:

Hi Jana
I didn't that but you have to look how you are talking to the other people. no one is an idiot here.

am really sorry pira ... but I am very disapointed .... in this topic nothing wrong ... sometime I got - rep when I was talk about gambled stocks.

some people never appreciate and always say something against to the topic eventhough good subject manners. thats it..

anyway am sorry for my words.

15will ALLI make another Run?  Empty Re: will ALLI make another Run? Fri May 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Pira

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Jana wrote:
Pira wrote:

Hi Jana

am really sorry pira ... but I am very disapointed .... in this topic nothing wrong ... sometime I got - rep when I was talk about gambled stocks.

some people never appreciate and always say something against to the topic eventhough good subject manners. thats it..

anyway am sorry for my words.

no sorry

I've also some alli shares. I've bought it as it was 900. I am not goint to sell it in the near future. For me it has more value.

DO you know what I think. some people are thinking that we can double or get more money within some days. It's not a casino or so. It need some time to take profit.

Hope the people let more time to work their money that it can give good profit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum