1. MR ended the 30 year war and given all Sri Lankan an opportunity to live in peace and harmony.
2. Colombo Stock Exchange reached its peak during MR regime.
3. Lowest ever Lending rates were achieved during MR regime which is giving us the opportunity to borrow at low interest rates to buy our car, house and other assets. Low interest rates are also helping companies to increase profits and resultant upside in shares prices.
4. Benefits of Crude Oil price decline was given to general public.
5. During MR regime we have seen unprecedented infrastructure development in the country.
6. Strong leadership and world recognition. He had made this country a developed country within a very short span of time.
7.Foreign policy that is unaffected by external forces.
8. Strong relationship with China and India. MR got the support of India to finish the war which JRJ couldn't.
9. Beautification of the city, even blind can now walk comfortably in Sri Lanka cities.
10. Moderate corruption controlled by a family instead of mega scale corruption and nepotism practiced by all MP's and their cronies.
11. Strong Government and leadership.
12. Being Married man with children's MR understand the feeling of a father, brother and son unlike many other leaders.
13. MR government used armed forces for the development of the country after war in a dignified manner.
14. Inflation rates were lowest during MR regime.
15. Foreign reserves were highest during MR regime.
16. Country needs political stability, which is unlikely to be achieved by the opposition.
Opposition have brought instability to the country by fielding a strong candidate which will have a negative effect to the country irrespective of who wins. Therefore one could say that this is joint effort by foreign forces and their stooges to create instability and curtail the growth, development and prosperity of this country. Opposition wants to get into power at any cost, (like the republicant during bush regime in US) but I am not a victim of the common opposition that is being formed selfishly to topple the leader who once save this country from the brink of separation and division. I would not want RanilW who gave north east of srilanka on a silver platter to the LTTE to be the next Prime Minister of this country. RanilW will do anything to be in power, he does not care about the country.
I love Sri Lanka and its people!!