FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» The war in Ukraine is no longer shocking the wheat market
by ResearchMan Today at 12:44 pm

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by cseguide Today at 11:34 am

» Analysis: China casts giant shadow over emerging nations' chase for debt relief
by ChooBoy Today at 7:38 am

» In STOCK MARKET despite all odds, there is always hope. Never ever give in nor give up.
by atuts Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» India raises import tax on gold to support rupee and amid trade deficit
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:57 am

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm

» Govt gets its priorities wrong
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am

» Ambassador assures U.S. support to Sri Lanka to find solutions to economic issues
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:16 am

» IMF-Sri Lanka bailout talks end without a deal
by ChooBoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 am

» Sri Lanka Breaks Into Hyperinflation Zone Amid Dollar Crunch
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:11 am

» Sri Lanka needs to do more on debt restructuring before a bailout package is finalised, says IMF
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:06 am

» Global COVID cases rise as BA.4 and BA.5 expand
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:04 am

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka

Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka

+59
AmalHoole
ranferdi
Yahapalanaya
SelvaKolla
cruiserdude
anges
Garayaka
D.G.Dayaratne
Brinthan
TARGET
ruwan326
Diago Lanka
sureshot
Chinwi
samaritan
Nuwan Prasad
vic19
Ryan Hudson
pirate
DealKing
DammanBoy
Child
SupunD
kalum
gamaya
Senior Citizen
m2_yapa
EquityChamp
Teller
soileconomy
ONTHEMONEY
RPPA
worthiness
mark
stockback
Sarabulathwita
Stop Loss
schemer
ifenny
fireshelter
OneYear
maalinda
Quibit
Harry82
K.Haputantri
market bull
Appuhamy
Suthar
sriranga
kasper
kelumhewage
raa
SL.Market
manula
Roboticfx
chamith
Slstock
opfdo
amilaela
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Senior Citizen


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:Dhammika should shut down all casino's and show that he is smart enough to build a business empire without the support of 'Chip Money' though Casino's.

If John Keells can do it! Why Cant I?

This is Yaha Palanaya! This is the only way he could contribute to the society.

There is something that you should understand about Dhamikka, Quibit Very Happy

Dhamikka's first love was gambling!
How in the world can he give it up?
He will keep gambling as a part of his sentimental investment portfolio.

soileconomy


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

All these days these casinos were functioning.Now they will stop .After that brothel houses will be no more ..,our future generation will not be victims of casinos.Colombo will be free from all these corrupted things..Poor village girls who come to colombo will not be victim of Casinos.

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Just blufffing to get his tax removed. Anyway there would be plenty UNP people who could take up the licenses.

soileconomy


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

If he sells and some others buy as mentioned , there will be no more tax for casinos.The buyer will be a strong government supporter(as you mentioned).
Again if this government changes , there will be another tax targeting the latter businessman.
It is the political culture here.

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

soileconomy wrote:All these days these casinos were functioning.Now they will stop .After that brothel houses will be no more ..,our future generation will not be victims of casinos.Colombo will be free from all these corrupted things..Poor village girls who come to Colombo will not be victim of Casinos.

people in dreams. casino is not the biggest corruption in the country. we have all illegal, corruptions, dishonest all over in country. casino phobia is marketed by UNP during last few years while they well established it in past. Developing country should be boundless to anything. casino, brothel, prostitution or any business can be seen in reputed countries. only thing that any of these businesses should legalized and controlled.

SupunD


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Given the government policy of not issuing new licenses, consolidating to one casino may not result in much of revenue loss to him, unless the casinos compete based different market segments.

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator

Apart frpm casonos Dhammika has charges with regard to CSE transactions as well. Will he be asked to pay back and if so will he be selling his companies?

Child

Child
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Govt s/b in force method to mention the wealth in the membership ID card as everyone knew medium income people going after casino by selling everything

59Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Empty Mr.Dhammika P’s MGM Casino closed Mon May 25, 2015 12:32 am

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator

Businessman Dhammika Perera, who owns a successful Casino empire, has shut down one of his casinos, sources revealed.

“He has closed down the MGM Grand at Bambalapitiya Junction (on Galle Road),” a source said, adding that it was shut about two months ago. Some 550 employees were laid off, according to him.

The source also added that he wants to convert the building to a “Glass Art Gallery” which displays artwork done through glass medium by upcoming artists. “They will be large, modern works of art, typically one-off creations, which are substantially or wholly made of glass.”

DammanBoy


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Huta ! now how come our super duper finance minister charge his exorbitant  tax from MGM to balance his Saradiel budget ?

DealKing

DealKing
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

According to top policy makers of JVP Sri Lanka's Casino Mogul Dhammika Perera's 'Red Colour' themed Vallibel group owned Vallibel Finance has financed JVP Manifesto and has paid large chunks of money to finance the political campaign of Leftist Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna Party amidst JVP talking 'BIG' and criticizing 'BIG' about Casinos. Further sources say that Casino Mogul's Finance company Vallibel Finance has committed a large donation to content and publication of JVP Manifesto an 'Accord of Conscience' = "Hardasaakshiya' 

It is now being revealed by JVP insiders that JVPers are blackmailing top businesses and businessmen in the country including 'Casino Moguls' via when JVP shouts at stage and criticize Casinos othr businesses etc to grab money from those individuals and campaigns to their funds.

JVP insiders and some top JVP policy makers are against about the issue on how JVP leaders are using Casino money to finance JVP 'Conscience'.

During the January 9th - June 26th 2015 'Yahapalana' Regime when UNP's Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake infuenced to appoint 'Ravi Karunanayake' Political Stooge to Dhammika Perera owned Sampath Bank PLC, addressing the Sampath Bank Annual General Meeting, Dhammika Perera has earlier said that 'He knows both both Elephants and Katussas (Chameleons) of Sri Lankan Politics. Therefore now political analysts and economic analysts say that given new 'JVP Manifesto' looks more capitalists and JVP National List includes Top UNP supporters for years, Sri Lankan Casino Mogul Dhammika Perera has taken a major role in converting JVP to a 'Capitalist' Political party by Financing JVPers 'Conscience' after getting scared on JVP's blackmailing that JVP did about Casinos.

pirate

pirate
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Where's the source ?

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Any comments

vic19

vic19
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Business leader Dhammika Perera has stepped down as Chairman of Sampath Bank having completed his term of nine years as a Director.

Channa Palansuriya has been appointed as Chairman of Sampath Bank, and Prof Malik Ranasinghe as Deputy Chairman with effect from 1 August 2016.

Perera holds 63% of shares of Vallibel One Plc which holds a 14.95% stake in Sampath Bank. Palansuriya and Prof. Ranasinghe do not have any shareholding in the Bank -

See more at: http://www.ft.lk/article/559051/Dhammika-Perera-steps-down-as-Sampath-Bank-Chairman#sthash.CDyO17EF.dpuf

Nuwan Prasad


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

vic19

vic19
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Many Thanks Nuwan Prasad for putting this tread on this forum.


what a GREAT Speech for every one of us.


this speech of Dammika Perera has really change my view I had about him.


well done DP.


i have learned some thing for sure from his speech.


thanks very much

Nuwan Prasad


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I'm glad you liked the video.

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

I really enjoyed the thought provoking  presentation by business tycoon DP in a very simple form without frills and jargon. The simplicity was awesome!

Thanks Nuwan.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Thanks for the link.

මම දැනගෙන හිටියෙ නෑ ඔහුත් වසර 4-5 ක් කොටස් වෙළෙඳපල ගැන අද්‍යයනය කළා කියල​. මෙතෙක් හිතාගෙන හිටියෙ බැංකු ණයකින් NDB 50/- ට අරන් 200/- ට දීල එකපාරට පොහොසත් උනා කියල​.

(NDB IPO 50/- post IPO 200/-)
නමුත් මේ කතාව අනුව ඔහු කාලයක් තිස්සේ මුදල් සුලු ප්‍රමාණයක් යොදාගෙන අද්‍යයනය කරල​. ඒක තමයි නියමිත වෙලාවෙ අර වගේ බය නැති ආයෝජනයක් කරන්න කන්ෆිඩන්ස් එක ලැබිල තියෙන්නෙ.
මේක අලුතෙන් එන අයට හොඳම පාඩමක්. ඒ අත්දැකීම් පසුව එන අවස්ථා හඳුනා ගන්න උදවු වෙනව​. බය නැතුව තීරන ගන්න කන්ෆිඩන්ස් එනව​. හරියට දන්නෙ නැතුව දරන්න බැරි මුදලක් ආයෝජනය කරල බඩේ බිත්තර තම්බ තම්බ ගැස්ට්‍රයිටිස් හදාගෙන නිදි නැතුව ජීවිතේ ගෙවනව නම් කොච්චර ලැබුනත් වැඩක් නෑ.

Nuwan Prasad


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:Thanks for the link.

මම දැනගෙන හිටියෙ නෑ ඔහුත් වසර 4-5 ක් කොටස් වෙළෙඳපල ගැන අද්‍යයනය කළා කියල​.  මෙතෙක් හිතාගෙන හිටියෙ බැංකු ණයකින් NDB 50/- ට අරන් 200/- ට දීල එකපාරට පොහොසත් උනා කියල​.

(NDB IPO 50/- post IPO 200/-)
නමුත් මේ කතාව අනුව ඔහු කාලයක් තිස්සේ මුදල් සුලු ප්‍රමාණයක් යොදාගෙන අද්‍යයනය කරල​. ඒක තමයි නියමිත වෙලාවෙ අර වගේ බය නැති ආයෝජනයක් කරන්න කන්ෆිඩන්ස් එක ලැබිල තියෙන්නෙ.
මේක අලුතෙන් එන අයට හොඳම පාඩමක්.  ඒ අත්දැකීම් පසුව එන අවස්ථා හඳුනා ගන්න උදවු වෙනව​. බය නැතුව තීරන ගන්න කන්ෆිඩන්ස් එනව​.  හරියට දන්නෙ නැතුව දරන්න බැරි මුදලක්  ආයෝජනය කරල බඩේ බිත්තර තම්බ තම්බ ගැස්ට්‍රයිටිස් හදාගෙන නිදි නැතුව ජීවිතේ ගෙවනව නම් කොච්චර ලැබුනත් වැඩක් නෑ.  

හොඳ පොයින්ට් එකක් Chinwi

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

DP you are not paying good dividend for VONE ... Very Happy

Diago Lanka


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Thank you Nuwan.

73Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Empty GOOD ONE, BUT IN THE END Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:17 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Very good speech and heard 2weeks ago.....
But in the end he said about auspicious time........ 70% lost if you start in auspicious time.........
So if we check auspicious time every day do you believe we can success 100%.......

I still remember what happen to former President........ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
It is shame that still people stuck to myth Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 



මිනිස්සු පුද පූජා, චාරිත්‍ර වලට ඇබ්බැහි වෙලා. නැකත් බලන් නැතිව සමහර එවුන් එලියට බහින් නෑ. හූනෙකුට බල්ලෙකුට අඬන්න, කම්පට ගහන්න නිදහසක් නැති සමාජයක්. සාස්තර කාරයෝ මන්තර කාරයෝ ගුරුකම් කාරයෝ ඉහලින්ම වැජඹෙනවා. එවුන් තමයි සමාජයට නායකත්ව දෙන්නේ. කිසිම ධර්මයක් ශාස්ත්‍රයක් නොදන්නා ගුරුකම්කාරයන්ගෙන් උපදෙස් අරගෙන මේ සමාජය කොතෙන්ටද නුඹලා දක්කන්නේ?
ඔවුන් දන්න, ඔවුන්ට පේන, ඔවුන් දකින අනාගතයක් නැහැ. ඔවුන්ගේ පැවැත්මට අවශ්‍ය කරන විධියට උන් අනාවැකි කියනවා. අපේ මෝඩකම ඉහවහා ගිහිල්ලා නිසා අපි ඒවාට සවන් යොමු කරනවා.


Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Df435_10

TARGET


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

ruwan326 wrote:Very good speech and heard 2weeks ago.....
But in the end he said about auspicious time........ 70% lost if you start in auspicious time.........
So if we check auspicious time every day do you believe we can success 100%.......

I still remember what happen to former President........ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
It is shame that still people stuck to myth Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 



මිනිස්සු පුද පූජා, චාරිත්‍ර වලට ඇබ්බැහි වෙලා. නැකත් බලන් නැතිව සමහර එවුන් එලියට බහින් නෑ. හූනෙකුට බල්ලෙකුට අඬන්න, කම්පට ගහන්න නිදහසක් නැති සමාජයක්. සාස්තර කාරයෝ මන්තර කාරයෝ ගුරුකම් කාරයෝ ඉහලින්ම වැජඹෙනවා. එවුන් තමයි සමාජයට නායකත්ව දෙන්නේ. කිසිම ධර්මයක් ශාස්ත්‍රයක් නොදන්නා ගුරුකම්කාරයන්ගෙන් උපදෙස් අරගෙන මේ සමාජය කොතෙන්ටද නුඹලා දක්කන්නේ?
ඔවුන් දන්න, ඔවුන්ට පේන, ඔවුන් දකින අනාගතයක් නැහැ. ඔවුන්ගේ පැවැත්මට අවශ්‍ය කරන විධියට උන් අනාවැකි කියනවා. අපේ මෝඩකම ඉහවහා ගිහිල්ලා නිසා අපි ඒවාට සවන් යොමු කරනවා.


Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Df435_10
Totally agree with you.

Brinthan

Brinthan
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

DP was a rich person before entering this stock market...This stock market made DP more richest person...Its not miracle and not a motivation factor for beginers...If DP coming from Middle class or Poor family...Then its a motivation factor...Rich people can easily double their money....In our country and our system make rich person to more richest person and poor person become more poor....

But i like ur working style and attitudes...Only good thing i get from this video..

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

About auspicious time....


How can you say all of those beliefs are 100% fake or baseless ideas ?

Before all, I must say I do not follow any kind of fortune telling or auspicious time systems.

I do not even think about any Nekath , Rahu kala, or kendare in my day to day life .  Im not a believer of any   rituals. I got this influence from my parents , both from down south , who were born where you get all sort of such beliefs but never practices such rituals or Rahu kalam  in our home.  

Somehow,  I have studied how to make , read horoscopes and I can tell main features of persons written in 'Kendare', also know Dasha and analyze Uchcha neecha effects of planets etc.


Rahu kala is not other than an arranged sequence of good or bad times based on day of the week.  

Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Rahuklm

Sometimes I use these charts to argue Rahu kala is a baseless practice. Because Sunday or Monday is just an adoption. (Not based on any Planetary movements) .

Still we cannot say there is no effect whatsoever without studying and analyzing actual outcome. We cannot challenge what Mr. KDDP established for himself after doing a practical test. We never did such study.

Rashi Chakra - Sodiac

Kendra - horoscope- is based on imaginary zodiac signs linking various stars visible in the night sky .

There are many non-zodiac Constellations such as Orion , Southern Cross, Pleiades (හත්දින්නත් තරු)  etc.
Zodiac is comprised of 12 constellations located in the path of the Sun around the year, visible from Earth.
The constellation rising from East Horizon at the time you come to this world (birth)  is your Lagna.

Formation of starts to display a  Lagna   is also not real.  
As an example, lets see Dhanu Lagna. ( Sagittarius)  
Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Sagittarius3

In the next image,
Main starts of Dhanu Rashi as we see it are at left side . Connecting those bright stars they drew the imaginary archer figure.

If you consider the real positioning of those stars and drew a longitudinal view we get the figure at right side.
The distance (number of light years) from Earth is given in red numerals in the left figure.
Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Saggit10
Click to enlarge.

Having done all these studies, still I cannot say astrology is 100% fake.  There could be a different dimensional truth.  

I know 3 people who  predicted their death and they died exactly at the predicted date. They mastered the subject from family background but not were popular 'Sasthara kaarayas'  or use the knowledge to  earn money.
I have studied horoscopes of some people to see if there are any clues and some people with extra-ordinary features, such as  easy learner / always fighting  / seductive or highly erotic / very foolish   etc .  display those features in their horoscopes too.

Palm Reading

Few years ago I heard about a very young girl, working as a drafts person in a far   away Province who has learnt palm reading by her own. (as she disclosed)
Many people told me  ' she was amazing' but I never took it seriously.
One day , I made an friendly inspection tour to her office and for curiosity I asked her to tell about me. We never met before and that was the first time I went to that office.  

She took me to the lunch room and asked me to show my both hands and to stay without any movement .  She sat straight and observed my palms for few minutes without any talk or motion .
Then suddenly started talking, pointing a pencil to various places of my two palms and described about my family, marriage age,  number of kids,  hardship incidences etc. very correctly and very fast manner. She predicted 3 things 'to be happen' in next few years and amazingly I experienced all , 2 good and one very bad at the exact times she told.
Then suddenly stopped talking and said thats all.

 I couldn't believe  she learnt the subject by reading books and read my palm matching what she learnt.  Her speed of talking was very fast and it was like reading something written in a paper at high speed.

I have done some experiments in some other related areas too ,  cannot tell what is correct or not.
 
Manthra

I  have seen an infant , crying very badly  in every afternoon for hours as a daily routine . No medicine or ritual could heal her. This went for months and parents were struggling taking her to doctors, temples and kovils  .
One day a Buddhist monk came to see her father and saw the pathetic situation. He asked a noola (sewing string)  , made  a thick string ,  chanted some words and put it around that cry baby's neck . Amazingly she stopped crying instantly. The most shocking thing was  she never cried like that thereafter  . !
That was many decades ago and that monk was not a known 'manthara hamuduruvo'. I do not know what he chanted,  Pirith or Manthra.

Hence , I think we cannot come to conclusion about these things.

I think we meet only the fake people these days.
Now a days over 90% who do these Manthara, Hak gedi, feng shui, Kendara , Thovil are thieves.  A person known as 'Hakgediya' living in Mirihana area is selling fake material at very high  rates. A person who buy feng shui related stuff from BKK at very cheap prices sells them here with huge margin. Almost all those who come to TV and Radio are fake people. 'Lagna Palapala' published in newspapers are written by fake people.

77Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Empty BUDDHIST, NON BUDDHIST, UNIVERSAL TRUTH Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:54 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:About auspicious time....


How can you say all of those beliefs are 100% fake or baseless ideas ?

Before all, I must say I do not follow any kind of fortune telling or auspicious time systems.

I do not even think about any Nekath , Rahu kala, or kendare in my day to day life .  Im not a believer of any   rituals. I got this influence from my parents , both from down south , who were born where you get all sort of such beliefs but never practices such rituals or Rahu kalam  in our home.  

Somehow,  I have studied how to make , read horoscopes and I can tell main features of persons written in 'Kendare', also know Dasha and analyze Uchcha neecha effects of planets etc.


Rahu kala is not other than an arranged sequence of good or bad times based on day of the week.  

Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Rahuklm

Sometimes I use these charts to argue Rahu kala is a baseless practice. Because Sunday or Monday is just an adoption. (Not based on any Planetary movements) .

Still we cannot say there is no effect whatsoever without studying and analyzing actual outcome. We cannot challenge what Mr. KDDP established for himself after doing a practical test. We never did such study.

Rashi Chakra - Sodiac

Kendra - horoscope- is based on imaginary zodiac signs linking various stars visible in the night sky .

There are many non-zodiac Constellations such as Orion , Southern Cross, Pleiades (හත්දින්නත් තරු)  etc.
Zodiac is comprised of 12 constellations located in the path of the Sun around the year, visible from Earth.
The constellation rising from East Horizon at the time you come to this world (birth)  is your Lagna.

Formation of starts to display a  Lagna   is also not real.  
As an example, lets see Dhanu Lagna. ( Sagittarius)  
Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Sagittarius3

In the next image,
Main starts of Dhanu Rashi as we see it are at left side . Connecting those bright stars they drew the imaginary archer figure.

If you consider the real positioning of those stars and drew a longitudinal view we get the figure at right side.
The distance (number of light years) from Earth is given in red numerals in the left figure.
Dhammika Perera - The Casino King of Sri Lanka - Page 3 Saggit10
Click to enlarge.

Having done all these studies, still I cannot say astrology is 100% fake.  There could be a different dimensional truth.  

I know 3 people who  predicted their death and they died exactly at the predicted date. They mastered the subject from family background but not were popular 'Sasthara kaarayas'  or use the knowledge to  earn money.
I have studied horoscopes of some people to see if there are any clues and some people with extra-ordinary features, such as  easy learner / always fighting  / seductive or highly erotic / very foolish   etc .  display those features in their horoscopes too.

Palm Reading

Few years ago I heard about a very young girl, working as a drafts person in a far   away Province who has learnt palm reading by her own. (as she disclosed)
Many people told me  ' she was amazing' but I never took it seriously.
One day , I made an friendly inspection tour to her office and for curiosity I asked her to tell about me. We never met before and that was the first time I went to that office.  

She took me to the lunch room and asked me to show my both hands and to stay without any movement .  She sat straight and observed my palms for few minutes without any talk or motion .
Then suddenly started talking, pointing a pencil to various places of my two palms and described about my family, marriage age,  number of kids,  hardship incidences etc. very correctly and very fast manner. She predicted 3 things 'to be happen' in next few years and amazingly I experienced all , 2 good and one very bad at the exact times she told.
Then suddenly stopped talking and said thats all.

 I couldn't believe  she learnt the subject by reading books and read my palm matching what she learnt.  Her speed of talking was very fast and it was like reading something written in a paper at high speed.

I have done some experiments in some other related areas too ,  cannot tell what is correct or not.
 
Manthra

I  have seen an infant , crying very badly  in every afternoon for hours as a daily routine . No medicine or ritual could heal her. This went for months and parents were struggling taking her to doctors, temples and kovils  .
One day a Buddhist monk came to see her father and saw the pathetic situation. He asked a noola (sewing string)  , made  a thick string ,  chanted some words and put it around that cry baby's neck . Amazingly she stopped crying instantly. The most shocking thing was  she never cried like that thereafter  . !
That was many decades ago and that monk was not a known 'manthara hamuduruvo'. I do not know what he chanted,  Pirith or Manthra.

Hence , I think we cannot come to conclusion about these things.

I think we meet only the fake people these days.
Now a days over 90% who do these Manthara, Hak gedi, feng shui, Kendara , Thovil are thieves.  A person known as 'Hakgediya' living in Mirihana area is selling fake material at very high  rates. A person who buy feng shui related stuff from BKK at very cheap prices sells them here with huge margin. Almost all those who come to TV and Radio are fake people. 'Lagna Palapala' published in newspapers are written by fake people.

If you still believes These sinful useless stuff please watch this video........... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you don't have time start from 36th minute to 42th minute, only 07minutes Very Happy

Do not look in to this theory as a religion. Buddha was,is,will be the greatest scientist ever lived on this planet......

This theory and video will change your life and  will help you billion life times in the future.......... Better than any business.... any investment.....any profit............ ever....lol! lol! lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FyHEtVrvGw&list=RDsiLpSHl5z5c&index=20

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

OMG, I have no hope to born again in any place.

I have already understood there is no 'me' .

Somehow I cannot link everything to Abhidhamma. Patichcha Samuppada is a way to understand what is happening in your mind and outer world.


This is what I am thinking at the moment, about 'me' or 'I' :

බොහෝ දෙනා වරදවා සිතන්නේ 'මම' කියා සිතන්නේ, වැඩ කරන්නේ මේ සිරුර තුල සිටින කෙනෙක් හෙවත් විඥාණය බවයි. ජන සමාජ යේ මෙන්ම සමහර බණ ට පවා මේ වැරැද්ද අපේ ඔලුවලට දානව​.
උදා : "මොන ධනය රැස් කලත් කවදා හො එයාට ඕව අත්‍ ඇරල දාල යන්න වෙනව​" , "ඔය මොන බියුටි කල්චර් කලත් මේ සරීරෙ දාල යන්න වෙනව" ආදී වශයෙන්.

නමුත් අප එදිනෙදා දකින "මම​" යනු භෞතික සිරුරත්, සිත හෝ විඥාණයත් එක්ව සැදී ඇති දෙයක්. 'මම' ලෙස සිතන්නේ මේ දෙකම එක්ව සැදි පුද්ගලයා. එසේ නැතුව සරීරය තුල ඉන්න මම කෙනෙක් නොවේ.
ඒ කියන්නේ 'මම​' කියා සිතන කෙනෙක් සිරුර තුල නෑ. සිරුර හා විඥාන ශක්තිය නිසා නිර්මාණය වූ හිතලු ඒකකයක් තමයි මේ මම. (composite)
මේදෙක වෙන් වු විගස මේ ​ 'මම​' නැති වෙන බව ඔබට තෙරුම් යනු ඇති. ඒ නිසා තමයි බුදු දහමේ 'මම​' මැරිල ගිහින් නැවත උපදින්නේ නෑ කියා උගන් වන්නේ.

නමුත් අපි හිතන්නේ මමෙක් ඉන්නව කියල​. මෙහෙම හිතෙන එකට තමයි අවිද්‍යාව කියන්නෙත්. අවිද්‍යාව දුරු කලාම නිවන් මග හෙලි වෙනව​. අවිද්‍යාව දුරු වන්නේ අනිත්‍යතාව ඔස්සේ මමෙක් නැති බව දැක බැඳීම් හෝ උපාදාන ඇතිවීමට ඇති සාධක​ නැති උනාම​.


එසේ නම් නැවත උපදින්නේ කවුද ?
එයට පිලිතුර නම් අර වෙන්වන විඥානය හෙවත් යම් කිසි ශක්තියක් තවත් තැනක ඒ මොහොතේම ප්‍රතිසන්ධිය ලබන බවයි. එනම් ඒ ශක්තිය වෙනත් තැනක ඇති වන බවයි. නමුත් ඒ 'මම​' නොවේ. මම කළ කී දේ අනුව නරක හා හොඳ ශක්තීන් සේව් කරගත් ශක්තියක් . ඒ භව ශක්‍තිය ගොඩ නැගෙන්නේ බැඳීම උපාදාන වීම නිසා . (උපාදන පච්චයා භව​.)

එය හරියට පරිගණක සොෆ්ට්වෙයා එකක් ඩිලීට් වී වෙන පරිගනකයක ඉන්ස්ටෝල් වෙනව වගේ. අර සොෆ්ට්වෙයා එක්ක ඩේටා යන්න පුලුවන් වගේ පවු පින් එක්ක ප්‍රතිසන්ධි වෙනව​. නමුත් එය පරිගණකය තුල වැඩකරන විට අප hardware + software දකින්නේ එකම එකකයක් ලෙස . මෙය තමයි 'මම​'

ඒ නිසා තමයි නියම බුදු දහමේ පුනුරුප්පත්තියක් නැත කියන්නේ.
​ "අප මැරුන පසු කොහේවත් යන්නේ නැත​. නොයන්නේත් නැත" කියන්නේ.
මිහිඳු හිමි බුදු දහම නිල වශයෙන් ගෙනා දිනයේදී දෙවන පෑ තිස්ස රජතුමාගෙන් ඇසූ බුද්ධි පැනයන් ද මේ කාරණයට සම්බන්ධයි.

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:OMG, I have no hope to born again in any place.

I have already understood there is no 'me' .

Somehow I cannot link everything to Abhidhamma. Patichcha Samuppada is a way to understand what is happening in your mind and outer world.


This is what I am thinking at the moment, about 'me' or 'I' :

බොහෝ දෙනා වරදවා සිතන්නේ 'මම' කියා සිතන්නේ, වැඩ කරන්නේ මේ සිරුර තුල සිටින කෙනෙක් හෙවත් විඥාණය බවයි. ජන සමාජ යේ මෙන්ම සමහර බණ ට පවා මේ වැරැද්ද අපේ ඔලුවලට දානව​.
උදා : "මොන ධනය  රැස් කලත් කවදා හො එයාට ඕව අත්‍ ඇරල දාල යන්න වෙනව​" , "ඔය මොන බියුටි කල්චර් කලත් මේ සරීරෙ දාල යන්න වෙනව"  ආදී වශයෙන්.

නමුත් අප එදිනෙදා දකින "මම​" යනු  භෞතික සිරුරත්, සිත හෝ විඥාණයත් එක්ව සැදී ඇති දෙයක්. 'මම' ලෙස සිතන්නේ මේ දෙකම එක්ව  සැදි පුද්ගලයා. එසේ නැතුව සරීරය තුල  ඉන්න  මම  කෙනෙක්   නොවේ.  
 ඒ කියන්නේ 'මම​' කියා සිතන කෙනෙක් සිරුර තුල නෑ. සිරුර හා විඥාන ශක්තිය නිසා නිර්මාණය වූ  හිතලු ඒකකයක් තමයි මේ මම. (composite)  
 මේදෙක වෙන් වු විගස මේ  ​ 'මම​' නැති වෙන බව ඔබට තෙරුම් යනු ඇති.  ඒ නිසා තමයි බුදු දහමේ 'මම​' මැරිල ගිහින් නැවත උපදින්නේ නෑ කියා උගන් වන්නේ.

නමුත් අපි හිතන්නේ මමෙක් ඉන්නව කියල​. මෙහෙම හිතෙන එකට තමයි අවිද්‍යාව කියන්නෙත්.  අවිද්‍යාව දුරු කලාම නිවන් මග හෙලි වෙනව​. අවිද්‍යාව දුරු වන්නේ  අනිත්‍යතාව ඔස්සේ මමෙක් නැති බව දැක  බැඳීම්   හෝ උපාදාන ඇතිවීමට ඇති සාධක​ නැති උනාම​.

 
එසේ නම් නැවත උපදින්නේ කවුද  ?
එයට පිලිතුර නම් අර වෙන්වන විඥානය හෙවත් යම් කිසි ශක්තියක් තවත් තැනක ඒ මොහොතේම ප්‍රතිසන්ධිය ලබන බවයි. එනම් ඒ ශක්තිය වෙනත් තැනක ඇති වන බවයි. නමුත් ඒ 'මම​' නොවේ. මම කළ කී දේ අනුව නරක හා හොඳ ශක්තීන් සේව් කරගත් ශක්තියක් .  ඒ භව ශක්‍තිය ගොඩ නැගෙන්නේ බැඳීම උපාදාන වීම නිසා . (උපාදන පච්චයා භව​.)

එය හරියට පරිගණක සොෆ්ට්වෙයා එකක් ඩිලීට් වී වෙන පරිගනකයක ඉන්ස්ටෝල් වෙනව වගේ.  අර සොෆ්ට්වෙයා එක්ක ඩේටා යන්න පුලුවන් වගේ පවු පින් එක්ක ප්‍රතිසන්ධි වෙනව​.   නමුත් එය පරිගණකය තුල වැඩකරන විට අප hardware + software දකින්නේ එකම එකකයක් ලෙස . මෙය තමයි 'මම​'

ඒ නිසා තමයි නියම බුදු දහමේ පුනුරුප්පත්තියක් නැත කියන්නේ.  
​ "අප මැරුන පසු  කොහේවත් යන්නේ නැත​. නොයන්නේත් නැත" කියන්නේ.
මිහිඳු හිමි බුදු දහම නිල වශයෙන් ගෙනා දිනයේදී දෙවන පෑ තිස්ස රජතුමාගෙන් ඇසූ බුද්ධි පැනයන් ද මේ කාරණයට සම්බන්ධයි.  

Chinwi, hope you watched the whole video.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

There are 30 videos in the link.... you will be addicted if you start with the 01st episode Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol!

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

There is a difference in today" I" and tomorrow" I"

Same difference may have"I in this birth and next birth

But Buddhism is based onare Re Birth Sansara and Karma

Biggest problem is Evan most of leading Bikkus( Hamuduruwaru) do not believe Re Birth Sankara and KARMA

Best example is Muruththettuwe Ananda


What will happen to him in his next Birth?








Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum