FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by samaritan Today at 2:01 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Today at 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mangala pl don't sell my country while majority is sleeping

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayawardane

Stock Trader

2066 Kings Grove Crescent . Gloucester . Ontario . K1J 6G1 . Canada

23 March 2015

Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, MP
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Sri Lanka
Colombo 1
Sri Lanka.

Dear Minister:
It was exasperating to read the news in Adaderana of 19th March which said: “Sri Lanka’s new government has announced plans to remove 16 groups and hundreds of Tamils from a list of foreign terrorists” as part of reconciliation with the largest ethnic minority.
“The country’s foreign minister Mangala Samaraweera, said the previous administration of hardline president Mahinda Rajapakse, had linked overseas Tamil outfits to the rebel Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) which was crushed by his forces by May 2009.
“They banned several Sri Lankan Tamil diaspora…for their alleged links to the LTTE,” Mr. Samaraweera told parliament.
“This was done to build up the hysteria about the LTTE regrouping.” A further 424 individuals, some of whom had been dead for years, had also been listed as terrorists and banned.”

Minister, I told myself, under my breath, “This guy must be a joker!”

I know that your mission is to throw everything at former President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s administration….everything including the kitchen sink after sniffing at the dirt that they had created by their own insane stupidity like stuffing the foreign Missions with their families and cronies leaving the 'diplomacy' trained personnel at the Foreign Ministry sitting at their desks twiddling their thumbs.

But let me make one request of you, when you go galloping through the continents undoing the banned Tamil Tiger sympathizing groups and individuals who still want their mono-ethnic, racist, separate Tamil state, Eelam, and arrive at the shores of Canada, hold your horse back until you are well advised by organizations and individuals who have studied and battled these Tamil Diaspora groups and individuals who funded the Tamil Tiger war in Sri Lanka and still collecting funds, and lobbied the Canadian government to stick poison-pins on Sri Lanka’s body politic, to cripple her. One such incident was when Prime Minister Stephen Harper had a hissy fit and boycotted the Commonwealth Summit in Colombo to embarrass Sri Lanka for the want of the Tamil vote at the next federal election.

I ask you, with your enthusiasm to tell the world, “Don’t you see, we the My3palanaya Good Governance goody-two shoes Politicians are prepared to sacrifice the innocent civilians of the majority Sinhalese ethnic group for our intention to reconcile with the Tamil minority who are claiming one-third of the island’s real-estate bordered by 66 per cent of the coast line” you might screw Sri Lanka and its peoples for good, unless you are not being careful and judicious.

My request to you minister, with the lack of a dedicated and trained Intelligence Officer at your Mission in Ottawa, don’t do anything stupid until you consult the Canadian Intelligence, the RCMP, the Mackenzie Institute, Dr. Rohan Gunaratne, in Singapore; the former Presidents of the Sri Lanka United National Organization (SLUNA) of Toronto, Ms. Ira de Silva, Mr. Mahinda Gunasekera and Present President Mr. Pratap Perera. Also Mr. Asoka Yapa, Chairperson of Project Peace for a United Sri Lanka who are aware of the individuals and organizations that you are hoping to provide and amnesty with. I vouch for you that these individuals know it all and the Who’s Who of Eelam activists. And permit me to remind you that the Sri Lankan-Canadians that I have mentioned were the second tier army who took on the challenge against the Canadian Eelamists to safeguard the good name and integrity of their Motherland since July 1983. At least you owe them a hearing as they stood tall for Sri Lanka under threats to their lives and intimidation, from the Canadian-Eelamists. All for the sake of wanting a prosperous united Sri Lanka in an undivided Sri Lanka, the Motherland that nurtured them when they were young.
It would have been easy for all of them to turn their backs on Sri Lanka, but they didn’t. And that itself needs recognition for a hearing for their advice.

I believe it will do you good to access from your Foreign Intelligence Directorate the Report of January 19, 2006 titled ‘Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) Operations in Canada' before you make any of your intended actions. In the decision of ignoring my request, you will hear my voice say loud and clearly, ‘May God Save Sri Lanka from these Yahoopalanaya groupies.’

Pointing the finger at President Rajapaksa’s Administration you had stated that “This was done to build up the hysteria about the LTTE regrouping, “and I dismiss this statement as vindictive poppycock, as President Mahinda Rajapaksa was right and you are wrong. This is purely because I know the Canadian Eelamists better than what you think you do. It is that simple, and President Rajapaksa had the security of his people and his island nation at heart, or else the incident on the sands of the Nandikadal lagoon on 19 May, 2009, would never have happened. He refused to compromise the security of the land and his peoples, and that included you and your family, Minister.

Reconciliation with the minority Tamil community is a healthy concept which I endorse, but for Pete’s sake Minister, don’t you realize that reconciliation is two-way street? Enough is enough. You just cannot clap with one hand. Try it! Nor can you dance the Tango alone without a partner for your steps to be in sync with the music. And it is time for the Tamil community to also learn to pronounce the word “S-0-R-R-Y,” and not expecting the Sinhalese community to say it to them all the time. That a load of cods-wallop, Minister! Let’s get this right once and for all.

What you do with the Tamil ‘privileged’ minority to appease them is really your business as being part of the anti-Mahinda Rajapaksa administration, but believe me with one death of an infant, a child, a pregnant mother or an adult from the Sinhalese ‘wronged’ majority community by a Tamil-Eelamist or a regrouped Tamil separatist group for the want of their Eelam, with a bomb detonated at a street corner or under a bus, to blow them up to smithereens, you bet, I will be the first expatriate Sinhalese-Canadian who would say to you and the rest of the My3-yahoopalanaya crowd, Pox on all of you!

So please be judicious when you undo what former President Rajapaksa has done to safeguard the citizens of Sri Lanka and its sovereign territory from foreign based Eelamists.

May Sri Lanka Live United For Ever!

Sincerely,
Asoka Weerasinghe

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum