FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)

+45
anges
nimantha80
kumarweerarathne
soileconomy
bullseye
fireshelter
peacockman
sureshot
sampath.anuradha
VISA
worthiness
Arena
wisdom79
ddrperera
raider
SUSPENS
Beta1
Gainer
kuma524
jayathu
Teller
NZ BOY
Monster
seek
cse.alpha
mark
innam
rainmaker
suja
Jiggysaurus
Chinwi
Jake Sully
salt
Redbulls
Gaja
rishanpossitive
Slstock
seyon
Fresher
Light of Hope
smallville
sriranga
kama
lokuayya
greedy
49 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

Gaja,

I already hinted one possible reason ;-)

Gaja wrote:Am not certain about the dividend, but one thing i noted in the last few days they wanted to achieve more than 75%, now they did it! but what is the intention behind it?

52KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:
Gaja,

Gaja wrote:Am not certain about the dividend, but one thing i noted in the last few days they wanted to achieve more than 75%, now they did it! but what is the intention behind it?

Are u referring this

Hmm, sadly I sold my KGAL for a need but KGAL is real value share in the sector. Hmm is RPC looking at a hidden asset in KGAL ;-) ?

53KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Slstock

Well I mentioned the same in this post also about the hidden asset . Actually it is not that hidden if one looks.

I did not want to say it outright and give all info . No fun right. Leave people interested do some work themselves right Smile

Gaja wrote:
slstock wrote:
Gaja,

Are u referring this

Hmm, sadly I sold my KGAL for a need but KGAL is real value share in the sector. Hmm is RPC looking at a hidden asset in KGAL ;-) ?

54KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:20 pm

salt

Vice President - Equity Analytics

@slstock,
Such a long explanation. To be frank, this whole argument about wage is fallacy
It's nothing extraordinary, this plantation industry is one of the oldest industry & wage has been going up throughout the history. We knew about this since our childhood. Industry is however coping with it.

I agree with you on rest of the thing..

55KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Chinwi

salt wrote:@slstock,
It's nothing extraordinary, this plantation industry is one of the oldest industry & wage has been going up throughout the history. We knew about this since our childhood. Industry is however coping with it.

In this case I agree with salt 100%.

Few weeks ago, I did some rough study on paper for some plantation companies to see whether there is a mammoth impact in their outcome due to this wage issue.

I took 6-7 year quarterly data for consideration and management costs, other costs , revenue etc. were tabled separately to study.

Surprisingly the impact by the so called wage devil was negligible for some companies. There were some other reasons for up and down in time to time in their bottom-line.

I cannot give exact details or names of the stocks. I did it in very lazy manner to verify my thinking. Because I had the suspicion about this so called wage devil for many months.

This misconception generalized to the entire industry could be a reason for the delaying of plantation rally.

56KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Jiggysaurus

Jiggysaurus
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:

Few weeks ago, I did some rough study on paper for some plantation companies to see whether there is a mammoth impact in their outcome due to this wage issue.

Surprisingly the impact by the so called wage devil was negligible for some companies. There were some other reasons for up and down in time to time in their bottom-line.

If this is such a small minor matter why did the plantation companies suffer so much during the last wage hike?
Maybe you need to do your calculations again because even a 10% increase in COGS wipes out the profit of the tea companies. And on top of that the gratuity implications also need to be considered.

57KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:34 am

Slstock

Slstock

BTw, I never said this wage issue has to be overblown. Our discussion was on the possibility of a hefty dividend by KGAL
( which is still possible) which I just gave an alternative view with some reason.

Yes over long term these companies survived.

However this wage issue will impact some companies more than others in the short term. KGAL is one of them who will recover faster due to major exposure to rubber and better profit margins. The impact of Cost of production per Tea Kilo is what we need to look at. Tea is the most labour intensive and profit margins are much thinner .

salt wrote:@slstock,

58KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:24 pm

suja

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi can anyone advice me when the assumed date devident will be paid this year for Kegall

59KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:15 pm

rainmaker

Have you checked the articles of association.

RPC should delist the firm and keep it private. The takeover act has something about a % you can buy each year without breaching the mandatory offer. They would be tactically buying as long as the highest price in the last xxx months is cheap.

But it takes a rainmaker to tell you this Rolling Eyes

60KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 pm

innam

innam
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

How did you come up with a figure of 72 per share?

The ST and Cash balance is 2.4 billion which works out to 95 per share but out of this the debt load of 1.1 billion should be deducted leaving a net cash balance of 1.26 billion which 50 per share in cash (big difference from 72 per share headline)

61KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:58 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

OMG INNAM :O Very Happy

62KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:59 pm

cse.alpha

Interesting discussion

is the math correct though ?

Kegalle:KGAL has 25 m shares

Short term investments and cash as at 31Dec2012 was Rs2.39 b - that is, 95 rupees cash per share

but you should deduct borrowings and work out net cash per share

Loans were Rs992 m and Rs148 m as at 31Dec2012 - this gives net cash of Rs1.3 b or 50 rupees net cash per share

This is still more than enough to pay last year's dividend of Rs7.5 per share - will a special extra dividend be paid is the key issue

Parent Richard Pieris has used part of KGAL's cash in past two years to invest in new group companies Arpico Insurance and Richard Pieris Arpico Finance - more of the same is possible

63KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Good to see you after some time Innam and Cse.alpha.

And good catch regarding debt.

I actually didn;t check the validy of Salt calculations . The point is being cash rich does not guarantee a high dividend.

64KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 pm

salt

salt

I calculated only cash. Debt is anyway part of business, I just take cash parked in short term investments.- this is generally not required for the operations, this is growing for last 3-5 years. yes, net cash per share is lower than that for sure.

I just took the cash not used for operations

65KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:19 pm

seek

innam wrote:How did you come up with a figure of 72 per share?

The ST and Cash balance is 2.4 billion which works out to 95 per share but out of this the debt load of 1.1 billion should be deducted leaving a net cash balance of 1.26 billion which 50 per share in cash (big difference from 72 per share headline)

It is a pleasure to see you again. One of few persons who had the courage to fight against MW scam.

66KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

innam and cse.alpha, it's nice to see you guys back. I always enjoy your comments.
cse.alpha wrote:Interesting discussion

is the math correct though ?

Kegalle:KGAL has 25 m shares

Short term investments and cash as at 31Dec2012 was Rs2.39 b - that is, 95 rupees cash per share

but you should deduct borrowings and work out net cash per share

Loans were Rs992 m and Rs148 m as at 31Dec2012 - this gives net cash of Rs1.3 b or 50 rupees net cash per share

This is still more than enough to pay last year's dividend of Rs7.5 per share - will a special extra dividend be paid is the key issue

Parent Richard Pieris has used part of KGAL's cash in past two years to invest in new group companies Arpico Insurance and Richard Pieris Arpico Finance - more of the same is possible

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

KEGALLA PLANTATIONS PLC 
Company ID: - KGAL 
Date of Announcement: - 10.July.2015 
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 45.00 per share / Interim Dividend 
Financial Year: - 2015/2016 
XD: - 21.July.2013 
Payment: - 29.July.2013 
Share Transfer Book Open

Is this Wrong?   45 Per Share 

68KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:50 pm

nimantha80

KEGALLE PLANTATIONS - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT
KEGALLA PLANTATIONS PLC 
Company ID: - KGAL 
Date of Announcement: - 10.July.2015 
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 45.00 per share / Interim Dividend 
Financial Year: - 2015/2016 
XD: - 21.July.2013 
Payment: - 29.July.2013 
Share Transfer Book should be 4.5.Anyway people knew it in the morning.How come??News leaked as usual.

69KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:58 pm

nimantha80

What if CSE put this in market time.??????????????

70KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Teller

Teller

We can claim the loss from CSE. This is not the first mistake from them. Same thing happend Some years ago. How ever kgal is in a position to pay 4.50,

71KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:04 pm

jayathu

Can u declare dividend like that???Eps 13 last financial yr n dividend is 45.
30000 shares traded n people who bought it will get 50% yield within a day.

72KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:05 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

Teller wrote:We can claim the loss from CSE. This is not the first mistake from them. Same thing happend  Some years ago. How ever kgal is in a position to pay 4.50,
But They Have Retain Earning 120-130 Per Share

73KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:05 pm

jayathu

Must be 4.50, but it went up by 7bucks today

74KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:08 pm

kuma524

kuma524

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

75KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Gainer

Gainer

may be 45.00 possible then all of plantation stocks will fly from monday.

76KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:15 pm

jayathu

Market will instantly hit 10000points if sec says company have to pay 50%of total retained earnings as dividend.

77KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Beta1

Beta1

this is possible. 80% have owners. see balance sheet and cash flow. they have money to pay this amount. NAV 137

after dividend , sometimes they will sell this company.

78KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Beta1

Beta1

this is possible. 80% have owners. see balance sheet and cash flow. they have money to pay this amount. NAV 137

after dividend , sometimes they will sell this company.

79KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:51 pm

SUSPENS

SUSPENS

4.50 ??????????????

80KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Teller

Teller

If they pay a dividend as 45/-, most of the dividend will go to RICH. Its like transfering dividend from account to account. Very few dividend will go to public. How ever paying 45/- is not a dream too. NZBOY is correct.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum