FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by vijay singh Today at 3:22 am

» Lets try to understand what is happening in the market right now
by celtic tiger Today at 1:56 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Gowri123 Today at 12:05 am

» Anyone attended AGM?
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 11:17 pm

» Is ASPI Overvalued now or heavily undervalued ?
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» A Strong bounce back of ASI is on the cards
by samaritan Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Prominent Investors of the colombo stock market
by samaritan Yesterday at 6:06 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» ACL post share split trading and the future potential
by sheildskye Yesterday at 3:27 pm

» Current 2021 Februray Unit Trust/Unit Fund Per Annum percentages
by N W Yesterday at 2:44 pm

» WindForce (WIND) IPO Overview
by EquityChamp Yesterday at 10:09 am

» Norway -> biggest shareholder of NDB
by shihan 93 Yesterday at 9:56 am

» Many positives for Next week
by Vishwanarth Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 pm

» Maldives records over 100,000 tourist arrivals in first 35 days of the year
by samaritan Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 am

» Kind of behavior traders engage in when they are frustrated and want their money back from the market. Stock market for beginners
by lal62 Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:40 am

» EXPO EXPO EXPO
by Gowri123 Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:35 am

» still I believe this
by 100Bill Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:21 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 pm

» Investor sentiment - will there ever be a recovery?
by xhunter Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:49 pm

» Let's have a stop-loss strategy to maximize investment returns in stock market
by EquityChamp Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:19 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CARS & BUKI - Expecting Good Performance From Oil Palm Plantation Segment

CARS & BUKI - Expecting Good Performance From Oil Palm Plantation Segment

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
I know, I do not collect any SHAL , INDO GOOD SELI shares . Thanks Sayon for reminding..

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hedge against commodity price volatility - Carson’s thrust into palm oil based manufacture in Malaysia & India


Carson Cumberbatch PLC, a major player in the global palm oil industry, last week announced the acquisition of a Malaysian oils and fats group with a strong presence in India in a Rs. 4.27 billion deal which gives it presence in value added products manufactured from palm oil.

The Sunday Island last week exclusively reported that this deal was in the pipeline and awaiting regulatory clearance.

A senior director of the Carsons Group said that this was the biggest recent acquisition of the group, remarking ``I can’t think of anything bigger we’ve done’’ and said that the investment will be part funded by internally generated cash and part by debt.

The acquisition involves the takeover of 100% of three of the operating entities of Premium Nutrients Bhd., a specialty fats manufacturer with operations in Malaysia and India.

The acquired entities are Premium Vegetable Oils Sdn. Bhd. and Premium Fats Sdn. Bhd., each with manufacturing facilities in Malaysia and Arani Agro Oil Industries Ltd. with a manufacturing plant in Andra Pradesh in India.

Carson’s said that Premium Nutrients is a pioneer in the edible oils and fats industry with a 25-year expertise in the manufacture of specialty fats for the bakery, confectionary, creamers and ice cream industries.

A total of 60,000 ha, of oil palm plantation have been developed by Carson’s in Malaysia and Indonesia with 40,000 ha. now mature. Crude palm oil production last year ran at 170,000 mt. and with expansion of plantations especially in Indonesia now slowing, larger players in the industry are sourcing new locations in other regions for land banks, Carson’s said in its latest annual report.

Entry into the downstream value addition chain will give Carson’s protection against volatile commodity price risks and also enable the company to earn better margins and value addition through specialty products, the company said.

The manufacturing facilities acquired encompass solvent extraction of palm kernel oil, refining of crude palm oil, palm kernel oil and coconut oil in addition to the manufacture of specialty fats, margarines and butter blends as well as servicing the animal feed industry.

The Premium Group exports specialty products to over 55 countries catering directly and indirectly to multinational players as well as regional brand leaders in chocolates, confectionary and bakery industries.

This group’s primary markets cut across the Middle East, CIS, Australia, China, North America India and Europe.

"A majority of the products are tailor made to customer requirements as food ingredients for reputed international brands,’’ Carson’s said.

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:Hedge against commodity price volatility - Carson’s thrust into palm oil based manufacture in Malaysia & India


Carson Cumberbatch PLC, a major player in the global palm oil industry, last week announced the acquisition of a Malaysian oils and fats group with a strong presence in India in a Rs. 4.27 billion deal which gives it presence in value added products manufactured from palm oil.

The Sunday Island last week exclusively reported that this deal was in the pipeline and awaiting regulatory clearance.

A senior director of the Carsons Group said that this was the biggest recent acquisition of the group, remarking ``I can’t think of anything bigger we’ve done’’ and said that the investment will be part funded by internally generated cash and part by debt.

The acquisition involves the takeover of 100% of three of the operating entities of Premium Nutrients Bhd., a specialty fats manufacturer with operations in Malaysia and India.

The acquired entities are Premium Vegetable Oils Sdn. Bhd. and Premium Fats Sdn. Bhd., each with manufacturing facilities in Malaysia and Arani Agro Oil Industries Ltd. with a manufacturing plant in Andra Pradesh in India.

Carson’s said that Premium Nutrients is a pioneer in the edible oils and fats industry with a 25-year expertise in the manufacture of specialty fats for the bakery, confectionary, creamers and ice cream industries.

A total of 60,000 ha, of oil palm plantation have been developed by Carson’s in Malaysia and Indonesia with 40,000 ha. now mature. Crude palm oil production last year ran at 170,000 mt. and with expansion of plantations especially in Indonesia now slowing, larger players in the industry are sourcing new locations in other regions for land banks, Carson’s said in its latest annual report.

Entry into the downstream value addition chain will give Carson’s protection against volatile commodity price risks and also enable the company to earn better margins and value addition through specialty products, the company said.

The manufacturing facilities acquired encompass solvent extraction of palm kernel oil, refining of crude palm oil, palm kernel oil and coconut oil in addition to the manufacture of specialty fats, margarines and butter blends as well as servicing the animal feed industry.

The Premium Group exports specialty products to over 55 countries catering directly and indirectly to multinational players as well as regional brand leaders in chocolates, confectionary and bakery industries.

This group’s primary markets cut across the Middle East, CIS, Australia, China, North America India and Europe.

"A majority of the products are tailor made to customer requirements as food ingredients for reputed international brands,’’ Carson’s said.

…observed large volumes of GUAR and CARS traded and stayed green ...while most of the stocks were struggling with funds....

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Some interesting info, i picked about Carsons recent acquisition. ( Premium Nutrition Bhd, which is listed in Malaysia stock exchange trading @ RM 0.245

Find the stock Name as " PREMIUM "
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/website/bm/market_information/prices/index.jsp

Find out Company audited account 31.12.2010

http://announcements.bursamalaysia.com/EDMS/subweb.nsf/all/69710D624CC34B8F4825788E003D0A89/$File/Premium%20Nutrients%20Berhad%20YE31%2012%202010%20dated%2012.5.2011%202.pdf

Annual Report
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/website/bm/listed_companies/company_announcements/annual_reports/index.jsp

Company website

http://www.premiumveg.com/premiumgroup.html




Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@sayon

Premium Nutrients Bhd. (PRNB MK), a palm oil processor, advanced 18 percent to 23.5 sen, the most since December 2009, after completing the sale of three of its main businesses to Agro Asia Pacific Ltd. for 118 million ringgit.



http://thingstodoinbostonthisweekend.com/malaysian-stocks-cahya-mata-lpi-premium-nutrients-ytl-power/

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aamiable wrote:
@sayon

Premium Nutrients Bhd. (PRNB MK), a palm oil processor, advanced 18 percent to 23.5 sen, the most since December 2009, after completing the sale of three of its main businesses to Agro Asia Pacific Ltd. for 118 million ringgit.

http://thingstodoinbostonthisweekend.com/malaysian-stocks-cahya-mata-lpi-premium-nutrients-ytl-power/

Agro Asia Pacific Ltd is wholly owned subsidiary of Goodhope Asia Holding.

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:
@Aamiable wrote:
@sayon

Premium Nutrients Bhd. (PRNB MK), a palm oil processor, advanced 18 percent to 23.5 sen, the most since December 2009, after completing the sale of three of its main businesses to Agro Asia Pacific Ltd. for 118 million ringgit.

http://thingstodoinbostonthisweekend.com/malaysian-stocks-cahya-mata-lpi-premium-nutrients-ytl-power/

Agro Asia Pacific Ltd is wholly owned subsidiary of Goodhope Asia Holding.


@sayon

Good hope did not move…observed again...large volumes of other stocks traded and stayed green ...while market badly needed new funds.......

Smile

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
CARS GUAR and BUKI have performed well today after a period of stabilization during the period of clearance. Few stocks survived during that period….waiting for next financials…

Soundchips


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:Hedge against commodity price volatility - Carson’s thrust into palm oil based manufacture in Malaysia & India


Carson Cumberbatch PLC, a major player in the global palm oil industry, last week announced the acquisition of a Malaysian oils and fats group with a strong presence in India in a Rs. 4.27 billion deal which gives it presence in value added products manufactured from palm oil.

The Sunday Island last week exclusively reported that this deal was in the pipeline and awaiting regulatory clearance.

A senior director of the Carsons Group said that this was the biggest recent acquisition of the group, remarking ``I can’t think of anything bigger we’ve done’’ and said that the investment will be part funded by internally generated cash and part by debt.

The acquisition involves the takeover of 100% of three of the operating entities of Premium Nutrients Bhd., a specialty fats manufacturer with operations in Malaysia and India.

The acquired entities are Premium Vegetable Oils Sdn. Bhd. and Premium Fats Sdn. Bhd., each with manufacturing facilities in Malaysia and Arani Agro Oil Industries Ltd. with a manufacturing plant in Andra Pradesh in India.

Carson’s said that Premium Nutrients is a pioneer in the edible oils and fats industry with a 25-year expertise in the manufacture of specialty fats for the bakery, confectionary, creamers and ice cream industries.

A total of 60,000 ha, of oil palm plantation have been developed by Carson’s in Malaysia and Indonesia with 40,000 ha. now mature. Crude palm oil production last year ran at 170,000 mt. and with expansion of plantations especially in Indonesia now slowing, larger players in the industry are sourcing new locations in other regions for land banks, Carson’s said in its latest annual report.

Entry into the downstream value addition chain will give Carson’s protection against volatile commodity price risks and also enable the company to earn better margins and value addition through specialty products, the company said.

The manufacturing facilities acquired encompass solvent extraction of palm kernel oil, refining of crude palm oil, palm kernel oil and coconut oil in addition to the manufacture of specialty fats, margarines and butter blends as well as servicing the animal feed industry.

The Premium Group exports specialty products to over 55 countries catering directly and indirectly to multinational players as well as regional brand leaders in chocolates, confectionary and bakery industries.

This group’s primary markets cut across the Middle East, CIS, Australia, China, North America India and Europe.

"A majority of the products are tailor made to customer requirements as food ingredients for reputed international brands,’’ Carson’s said.


can these stocks come out with good financials next quarter ? BRWN seem to be good. banks may do well. what about investment trusts...like CINV..

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Yes, CARS and BUKI we can expect good performance from the Group, However the next quarter would be very much impressive as performance from the premium nutrition group ( newly acquired) will be consolidated with CARS.

Further CINV and GUAR look very attractive price level ( at discount ) compare to their NAV . SHL capital gain will be highlighted in next quarter.

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:Yes, CARS and BUKI we can expect good performance from the Group, However the next quarter would be very much impressive as performance from the premium nutrition group ( newly acquired) will be consolidated with CARS.

Further CINV and GUAR look very attractive price level ( at discount ) compare to their NAV . SHL capital gain will be highlighted in next quarter.


@sayon

Your genuine opinion is always respected……. Hope financials are not misguiding like BFL. ….I always go by corporate earnings and NAPV of investment funds….. Hope financials would be good as you predict…… I know that, no body can predict 100 percent accurately…… According to past performance, ....previous levels of financial positions may continue to be maintained…..GUAR and CINV are picking up..


Smile

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@sayon

Thanks sayon for your genuine and reliable analysis..... As you have predicted CARS has made extraordinary 5.77bn profits 182% increase and BUKI after tax profit of Rs.6.85bn 147% increase for the period. .....No wonder entire Colombo stock market shows an upward momentum.
Smile

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aamiable wrote:@sayon

Thanks sayon for your genuine and reliable analysis..... As you have predicted CARS has made extraordinary 5.77bn profits 182% increase and BUKI after tax profit of Rs.6.85bn 147% increase for the period. .....No wonder entire Colombo stock market shows an upward momentum.
Smile

Yes We already predicted about the outstanding performance, Next quarters we expects outstanding performance from these group, since new acquisition of premium nutrition will be consolidated with CARS Further sale SHL also will boost the company performance.

If u really analyze 5.7Bn profit, 1.4Bn is capital gain from their restructuring palm oil companies, so the balance would be around 4.3Bn it is doubled comparing with previous year quarter


However, at present CARS and BUKI are stagnating for nearly 6 Months, that may be due to Some of these shares were given to minority share holders of Oil Palm companies ( GOOD,SHAL,INDO,SELI) for the restructure. Those shares are on selling side.Thurston Investments Limited Pershing LLC S/A Averbach Grauson & Co. Employees Provident Fund and Some HNWI are collecting side.

Definitely CARS group time to time have a run, Will see the next run.


Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@sayon ....EPS, some invertors and foreign buyers seem be interested…. Recent foreign buying was mainly on these sectors. ……….Their excessive cash position and capital gains makes them an added strength to CSE. ………..Large capitalization can push the ASI up in few days. ...most of the stocks in the group recorded increasing profits…………….CSE need more funds to move up....Overall it is good for the CSE if foreign and local investments, more funds can be attracted at this time of slow recovering phase to consolidate stock market…..
Smile

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:
@Aamiable wrote:

@sayon

As you have expected entire group seem to perform well.

May have to keep an eye on CARS BUKI GUAR and GOOD.N as well, CARS 9.72 billion profits , Bukit Darah 10.15 profits, GUAR 3.01 billion profits, cumulative over twenty billion profits recorded within a group. Largest in the CSE.... They also recovered ownership of their own shares recently..... and new strategic investments made after registering record levels of profits..... Acquisition and expansion of businesses brings immense value addition to group as well as for the PLC The Good Hope....

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/8421309752365_502.pdf


http://www.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/1721310035471_456.pdf

Watch the investment arm GUAR as well. GOOD.N also becomes a larger entity.


It is possible to keep very good hopes.


Hi Aamiable

Are there any special reasons for u to have interest on GOOD ( Goodhope Plc), I think u may confuse on the names. as per my understanding Goodhope Plc and GoodHope Asis Holding are the different entity, CARS restructured their plantation companies ( SHAL, INDO ,SELI and GOOD ) under the umbrella of GoodHope Aisa Holding (GHAL), which is incorporated in Singapore. the new acquisition also made through this company (GHAL). I was told that these four companies ( SHAL,INDO,SELI and GOOD) are going to be delisted in CSE and planning to list GHAL stake partly in Singapore and Sri Lanaka. ( I am not sure about this info)

Anyhow CARS,BUKI,GUAR and CINV are good long term investment. I am sure that, oneday CARS would be 1st MarketCap in CSE.

Happy Trading.



Thanks for recap. SHAL, INDO, SELI are going to be de -listed. Exclamation

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aamiable wrote:@sayon ....EPS, some invertors and foreign buyers seem be interested…. Recent foreign buying was mainly on these sectors. ……….Their excessive cash position and capital gains makes them an added strength to CSE. ………..Large capitalization can push the ASI up in few days. ...most of the stocks in the group recorded increasing profits…………….CSE need more funds to move up....Overall it is good for the CSE if foreign and local investments, more funds can be attracted at this time of slow recovering phase to consolidate stock market…..
Smile

My guess is outstanding quarter results will give good impact to the share price for the CARS group, Some of the HNWI and Institutional share holders are collection board. Will see.

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Crown for Carson

Achieves Rs. 4.37 b profit in 1Q from core business; With one-off gain Group post-tax profit a staggering Rs. 5.7 b; Net profit attributable to equity holders up 195% to Rs. 3.5 b

Carson Cumberbatch Plc has established a record for the highest ever profit for a quarter by a listed entity.
The Group recorded a profit after tax of Rs.5.77 billion, which includes a one off book gain of Rs. 1.4 billion resulting from a Group restructuring exercise carried out during the quarter.
The restructure involved an offer to acquire shares of the minority shareholders of the Malaysian oil palm firms, in exchange for Bukit Darah shares held by Carson on a pre-agreed basis.

The transfer of these Bukit Darah shares to minority shareholders during the restructure process, resulted in the parent company booking a capital gain of Rs.1.4 billion.
However in a review accompanying interim results Carsons said: “These profits do not form part of the recurring profits of the core businesses and is a one off gain recorded due to the restructure.” The profits arising from the core businesses amounted to Rs.4.37 billion, it added.
Analysts said that within this Rs. 4.37 billion is a further Rs. 1.4 billion which originated from capital gains from the sale of long-held strategic stakes as part of investment portfolio.
Even if this figure was discounted, Carsons ending the first quarter with Rs. 2.9 billion up from Rs. 2 billion is a noteworthy achievement according to company analysts.
Net profit attributable to equity holders was Rs. 3.5 billion, up by 195% over the first quarter of last year.
In 2010/11 financial year Carson produced its best results with a bottom line of Rs. 4.6 billion whilst after-tax profit was Rs. 9.72 billion and pre-tax amounted to Rs. 12.3 billion.
The current year’s first quarter of Carson profit figure from different levels is the best ever produced in a quarter analysts added. The core profit of Rs. 4.3 billion is also above the biggest ever profit (Rs. 4 billion) reported by a listed entity in the first half – Commercial Bank. Premier blue chip JKH reported a Rs. 1.3 billion net profit (up 35%) in the first quarter which is not a traditionally strong period whilst its best quarters are usually third and fourth.
Carsons said the core businesses all recorded good growth in profits reflecting both the vibrant emerging economic opportunities in Sri Lanka and buoyant global commodity prices. The investment and brewery businesses each felt the benefits of the strong resurgence in investor and consumer confidence which translated to buoyant conditions on the Bourse and greater spending power amongst consumers. The brewery business, however, decided to exit from its investment in India and recover its investment cost on the basis that it would be preferable to focus on the Sri Lankan market which offers immediate prospects for growth, as opposed to India which requires continued capital commitments over the long term to establish a market presence. The transaction is awaiting regulatory clearance. The leisure sector recorded an encouraging performance which is expected to gather momentum in the latter part of the year, led by the strong performance of the Sri Lankan tourism industry.
Global commodity prices and improved efficiencies and cost savings in the plantation business translated to better earnings from this sector. The plantation business ventured into the downstream segment of the oil palm industry with the acquisition of three operating entities held by Premium Nutrients Berhad, a specialty fats manufacturer, with operations in Malaysia and India. This acquisition which took place in July, is expected to strengthen the business model of the plantation business by enhancing its scope for value addition and enabling better risk management by mitigation of the risk exposure to commodity prices.
The consolidated net assets attributable to Carsons shareholders stood at Rs.25 billion, while its market capitalisation stood at Rs.118 billion as at the end of the quarter.

http://www.ft.lk/2011/08/16/crown-for-carson/

Aamiable


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Carson Cumberbatch Plc has established a record for the highest ever profit for a quarter by a listed entity.


Market is green CARS GUAR and BUKI....again three of the main contributes to an up trend...

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Aamiable wrote:Carson Cumberbatch Plc has established a record for the highest ever profit for a quarter by a listed entity.


Market is green CARS GUAR and BUKI....again three of the main contributes to an up trend...

Certainly, this group will have good run in very short time, CINV and GUAR are very attractive price, once the bluship companies started to run, these value also will get boosted.

So we can expect good run from these companies, this would be the good time.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum