FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLCH will be good

+30
Rstock
rijayasooriya
amibroker
ssb
Sampath.Jayawardhana
Malan1986
StocksWatch
Slstock
ashlee
Chabbi
xmart
wiser
RichDad
manula
invest-abc
econ
intelstk
Leo_pold
smallville
Rocky
kam2011
Pichchiya
factFINDER
shaankh
gann
Monster
Gaja
Chinwi
dr kiru005
nalinkene
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:56 pm

invest-abc

Manager - Equity Analytics

The Market is so unpredictable and no one can predict the Market perfectly. You never know we might see FLCH trading around 6 after couple of weeks and no one will even remember that the Directors dumped their shares at the nominal value. There are so many examples of weird Direct dealings in the recent pass. I personally feel FLCH is worth at 5 to 4.9 levels. Also, in the context of some of the highly overvalued shares at CSE, FLCH seems to be a good pick. I have collected at 4.9.

27FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 am

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Even for a medium term/long term also FLCH will be good. I also start collecting around 4.8 and 4.9 to keep as lock for the medium term.

28FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:41 pm

RichDad

Free Lanka Capital Holdings has reported exceptional results in the year ended March 2011. Recording a gross revenue of Rs 6.5 billion for the Group during the financial year 2010/11 as compared with Rs 4.9 billion the previous year - a 33 percent increase, the Group's provisional financial results show a profit increase of over 300 percent.

Profit before tax amounted to Rs 1,374 million in 2010/11 as against Rs 341 million the previous year which is an increase of 303 percent. Profit after tax recorded a 319 percent increase year on year with the figure for 2010/11 at Rs 1,270 million compared to Rs 303 million in the earlier financial year.

The group's earnings are mainly from the plantation sector that is Maturata and Pussellawa Plantations. These two plantations comprise around 19,000 acres of tea and 13,000 acres of rubber. To take advantage of high rubber prices the group has completed an aggressive replanting exercise which commenced in 2005 wherein a sum of Rs.1 bn has been invested in new planning and replanting of rubber.

When technically analyze the current patterns I feel FLCH will have a good short term as well as a medium term prospects. Fundamentally it's a strong company and are planning to expand their operations. Leveraging assets and opportunities available on the estates Free Lanka Capital Holdings has embarked on a number of mini hydro power projects. Presently its subsidiary Hydro Power Free Lanka generates approximately 3.2 MW of electricity in its mini hydro power plants in Sanquhar and Delta. The company has signed standard power purchase agreement with the Ceylon Electricity Board for two projects,
Thebuwana at Kuruwita and Stellenberg at Gampola and the construction has already commenced. Power generation is scheduled to commence in November this year. Construction of two more projects at Ragala will commence soon and work is due to be completed by April 2012.
The Group is also into real estate and commercial development through Free Lanka Properties (Pvt) Ltd. The first project undertaken in this sector is the development of a commercial complex in Borella with 80,000 sq. ft of rentable space. The property for this complex has already been acquired by the Company.

Leisure is another sector that the Group is developing through two subsidiary companies. One is Tea Leaf Resort Holding (Pvt) Ltd., which will develop star class boutique style hotels in Kandy and Padukka areas which offer accommodation to a total of 92 rooms.

The main shareholders of Fee Lanka Capital Holdings are Free Lanka Capital Ltd. (70 %), Browns Investments Ltd. (4.12%) and Perpetual Holdings Ltd. (4.27%). Browns Investments Ltd. and Perpetual Holdings Ltd. own the total share capital of Free Lanka Capital Ltd.

Investors should have a magic eye to foresee prospective gems like this and collect when they are at discounted prices.

Disclosure: I currently hold 80,000 FLCH at 4.80 and 60,000 at 5.90

DISCLAIMER:
The above statement is not meant to influence anyone's decision to buy/sell above stock.

29FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Leo_pold wrote:

You may be right but I bid to differ. These people are seasoned traders on the market and they would never ever do anything without a good profit or an ulterior ambition. With so many IPO's coming, I don't think that they sold their shares below the FLCH's IPO price to buy shares from Brown's IPO. Why they do that on a loss, when they had enough chance to sell at a higher price? Since they are Directors of Browns, there's no way they heard about their own IPO just a few days ago and needed to panic sell to buy from that IPO on such a hurry.

I think there's still something fishy about this share. Besides, if it's going to be manipulated, this is one of the most fundamentally sound shares to be manipulated in the recent times, in comparison to CSF and PMB..

I have some FLCH, so my views are bias. Still it's just what I feel.

Thanks..

These big fellas got the shares way below the IPO price.. even there was a PP @ 4.70.. so at least if they buy around taht price selling at 4.90-5.0 gives them a decent profit right??

30FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 pm

wiser

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Yes it seems good below IPO price. I collected 25000@4.90

31FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

xmart

xmart

I got FLCH at Private placement price today. how wonderful!

32FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:43 pm

manula

I also ordered. but still not filled. Hope will be lucky. so means all shares are going beyond the IPO valve even after some days trading ???

33FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Chabbi

Chabbi

xmart wrote:I got FLCH at Private placement price today. how wonderful!

I'm too got it @ Pvt Plcmnt price .. will it go beyond Pvt Plcmnt ???

34FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:51 pm

ashlee

65000 @ 4.70.. Praying sooo hard that atleast this would make me smile..

35FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

I too increased my qty by 50% today with PP price. My avr was 5.27, now its 5.00. Thinking of buying more @ 4.50-4.60 tomorrow if go beyond PPP.

Now I wanted to increase it to become 5% of my portfolio and forget about it for 2-3 years.
I will not sell this year unless it climb into a unrealistic level in a run.

36FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:12 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Chinwi wrote:I too increased my qty by 50% today with PP price. My avr was 5.27, now its 5.00. Thinking of buying more @ 4.50-4.60 tomorrow if go beyond PPP.

Now I wanted to increase it to become 5% of my portfolio and forget about it for 2-3 years.
I will not sell this year unless it climb into a unrealistic level in a run.

me too want to buy. but no money left all portfolio are red now.. Laughing

37FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:

Hang in there Econ. Your day ( and my day ) will come soon.

38FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I too entered this counter today at 4.70. IMO this is a good share to keep medium to long term.

39FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:30 pm

factFINDER

factFINDER

I also hold FLCH 23,000 at ave.price 5.02 as at today. I hope to collect more around PP price of 4.70.

40FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Malan1986

Malan1986
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

How long it will take to up atleast Rs:7/=

41FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Sampath.Jayawardhana

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Because everyone has bought it, it will not go up soon. Wait and see.

42FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm

ssb

ssb

fingers crossed Smile

43FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 pm

kam2011

Dont Forget Friends, Their net profit last year was over one BILLION. And NAV is around 4.60. Price is 4.70.What else we need to justify this counter at present price level?

44FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 am

amibroker

kam2011 wrote:Dont Forget Friends, Their net profit last year was over one BILLION. And NAV is around 4.60. Price is 4.70.What else we need to justify this counter at present price level?

Seems that we can enter below private placement price, it will slide more check the market depth by price in DirectFN. 1.5 mil shares for 4.70 only 226,00 bids @ 4.60, high possibility it may hit 4:50 today....

45FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:
econ wrote:

Hang in there Econ. Your day ( and my day ) will come soon.

I also join with u....Wish us all the best....!!!! Wink

46FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 pm

ashlee

high possibility it may hit 4:50 today....[/quote]

Well it did..Very Happy

47FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Rstock

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I bought for 4.60

48FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:08 pm

CapitalK

Stock Trader

Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked

49FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 pm

StocksWatch

All seems to be on the buying side. I wonder who is selling FLCH even below the PP price.

50FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Leo_pold

Leo_pold

StocksWatch wrote:All seems to be on the buying side. I wonder who is selling FLCH even below the PP price.

I have the same question, who's selling these large quantities at such a loss? Is someone giving away FLCH for charity or something??

51FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:16 am

ssb

ssb

hey i did buy below 4.70 ,but is their a reason sell this much low .
is FLCH going down ,
but it cant be as they just out from IPO
Sad:(L:(

52FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:15 pm

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka

I bought at 5.70 Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

53FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:22 pm

ssb

ssb

bettersrilanka wrote:I bought at 5.70 Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Sad dont know what will happen macho

54FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:31 pm

themask

themask

Maybe some PP guys have sold their stakes.

http://investors.lk/12515/FLCH+%28Free+Lanka+Capital+Holdings%29+%26+Tomorrow+!!!

55FLCH will be good - Page 2 Empty Re: FLCH will be good Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:34 pm

wgsaman

wgsaman

bettersrilanka wrote:I bought at 5.70 Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Very Happy Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum