FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ranil's Brain On Back Side?

+6
samaritan
Chinwi
jayathu
skyfall
Thushara Ayya
cseranga
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:05 pm

cseranga

cseranga
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Ranil's Brain On Back Side?

2Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Thushara Ayya

Thushara Ayya

I too think so...

3Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:54 pm

skyfall

Markets can also go down down and down. 
Yes Ranil can be our scapegoat

4Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:00 pm

jayathu

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

by jayathu Today at 7:31 am
I was telling everyone for the past few weeks that market will continue to decline, but everyone branded me MR supporter.

For me whats happening is what should happen when a country is going through a BOP crisis, rise in interest rate and rapid currency devaluation. (luckily Ravi has understand the mistake and said he will control the currency again cause free floating hasn't yielded the benefits he anticipated)

I know there are other reason for market decline which are beyond govt control. I have posted those reasons in other post.

I have two portfolios (sole n Joint)

sole one is long term which i collected for some tym. Which I don't intend on selling.
SAMP,APLA,LOFC,RHL.X

Joint one was an trading portfolio which i cashed out and put it in a high interest yielding savings account. That funds i'll shift it to sole account to consolidate further in my long term stock.
TKYO,ACL,AEL,PLC i cashed out.

Most of the brokers are instructing clients to cash out portion of there portfolio. This negative period in my assumption will continue till may. For the tym been govt main thing is the constitution change. After that's done i think they will shift there focus towards rectifying financial health of the economy.

One thing for sure will turn around the index if Ranil appoints Harsha or Eran as FM after removing RAVI.

5Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:04 pm

skyfall

Did you check the currency devaluation in countries like Malasiya or China..!!!!

What Eran or Harsha can do to stop BOP that Ravi cant do? 

By the way MR time market went down to 4700

6Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:56 pm

jayathu

True during MR tym market crashed to 4800 due to artificial burst happen right after the war was over. During that tym our mkt pie was around above 30times. Market wasn't regulated enough those days and they took measures to rectify the issue and made sure it won't happen again. Regulations brought in wasn't bullet proof but it was something.
But when he left office mkt pe was at 18times. Even though it was bit higher than some peer countries, it was reasonably valued.

Ravi wasn't capable enough FM, his education budget expenditure was slap in our face. How can you take deprivation amortization value and put it as a expenditure?? His budget has over valued our revenue targets, end of the year you will see. His revenue targets shows he doesn't have any clue how demand and supply works.

What I feel is appointing harsha or eran would have better candidates with better credentials backing them as FM than Ravi.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8y0o4I1p024
http://yamu.tv/2015/11/5-silly-things-in-the-budget

7Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

jayathu wrote:What I feel is appointing harsha or eran would have better candidates with better credentials backing them as FM than Ravi.

That is why I wrote in another thread : The country's economy is handled by a person not trusted by locals and we want foreigners to come and dump their money here.

8Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:48 pm

skyfall

The stock markets in whole world is heading south at the moment. Ok you will find some odds here n there. But that’s the trend. On the top of that the commodity prices (including Tea & Rubber)are also going down.
Most of the developing countries have devaluated their currencies to adjust to the global issues. As a tiny country without any notable resources we can’t escape from that. People blamed this government for devaluating the currency. I think they have little or no brain at all. They like the frogs in the well.

When MR left the market PE might be 18 times but now they are so many markets in whole world trading at very attractive PEs.

Yes agree we have domestic financial issues. Current government has to payback about $4.5billion worth of loans/bonds before end of this year. That’s really really challenging. Previous government had taken the money for various development projects (some projects I would say really good but some idiotic projects like Army Headquarters, Mattala Airport, Stadiums etc) plus day today activities.

Regarding Ravi. Yes his revenue targets are overly confident but same as the expenditures. Biggest mistake this government did was they increased the monthly income of the government servants ( should have increased it by Rs 5000 or less). Missing PB Jayasundara is also not good for the country. Government must go ahead with a privatisation program (similar to how they sold SLT. Less 49%). We have far too many government servants.
Our universities are producing 1000s of art degree holders with no value added to the community.

Because of the way too much freedom people are blaming the government for every single thing.

Overall I’m not surprised to see further more red days in the market.
Do we need to blame the government for that? No

This is buyers market. Don’t forget that. Plenty other opportunities are available around the world for foreign investors. Most are simply better than CSE.

9Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:58 pm

samaritan

No one will act so irrational to antagonize China and throw dirt at their face when the western world was keen to uphold friendly relations with China.

Eventually we are at China's door step once again to mend relations.

10Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm

cseranga

cseranga

i think George Soros visit also made a terrifying feeling to investors in CSE because he is a renown Stock Market eater...

11Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:46 pm

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Many intractable events are going on both in domestic & international environment. No excuse for controllable events. What about the opposite? Is finger marking a person or group correct?

12Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:40 am

ranferdi

ranferdi

BOP Crisis; what are the prime causes. Isn't that because of the borrowing by previous regime for the projects that is not giving enough returns??

Being non partial we need to discuss real causes of the crisis without pointing Ranil and Government.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

13Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 am

jayathu

@ranferdi your statement is partially true that previous govt borrowing has lead to current BOP crisis. There're various kind of projects they did that hasn't given us any ROI. 

I blaming this govt and president for the lies they presented to us to get our votes. What did Ranil and Ravi say before presidential election and general election? they'll restructure our debt profile to lower interest rates, due to there connection with western world. They were criticizing previous govt for borrowing at 3%. Whats the rate the raised funds recently? it was at 6.25%. 

Ranil promised stable and consistant economic reforms, but what did ravi do??? First from initial budget SGT. Destroyed the confidence.  

Second Ranil economic statement right before 2nd budget was presented he said burden on indirect taxes is too high and direct taxes percentage is too low. What did Ravi do?? more indirect taxes were imposed. 

How can foreigners or locals plan out there investments strategy when govt is flip flopping there strategy. PM is saying one thing and FM is presenting one thing.

There first budget was a disaster, everyone knew when MR regime left, our economy wasn't at a healthy state. Even though some figures showed improvement, Everyone knew we had BOP issues. Thats why we voted for MS and Ranil to come to power and take some hard decision, but what they did was presented a budget with loads of handouts to win over general public opinion without thinking about our country medium and long term prospect. Okay we can tolerate one disastrous budget but again presenting another budget which doesn't tackle our revenue side problem is stupid.

14Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:34 pm

skyfall

we need to blame this government for the market crash.. Ranil to resign RK to resign MY3 to resign..!

HOW MANY WORTHY SHARES IN THE MARKET? Can you suggest 20 stocks? I can't

15Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:59 pm

samaritan

THE PARLIAMENT MAY BE TRANSFORMED INTO AN "ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT COUNCIL" IN THE FUTURE TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO THE ECONOMIC WOES OF THE COUNTRY IN KEEPING WITH THE PRINCIPLES OF YAHAPALANA.
                                                 -Backside Brains-

16Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:30 pm

TIRAN712

TIRAN712
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

SOROS TA GANNA MARKET KUDU KARANAWA ,,,PONILAI SET EKAI EHEMAWATH HITAMU ,,,, DUKA TAMA AMARUWEN HAMBA KARAPU SALLINE MONTH END EKETH ME DROP EKA AWOT IWARETAMA IWARAI  ,,,,, ANATAI  Sad

17Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:17 pm

skyfall

TIRAN712 wrote:SOROS TA GANNA MARKET KUDU KARANAWA ,,,PONILAI SET EKAI EHEMAWATH HITAMU ,,,, DUKA TAMA AMARUWEN HAMBA KARAPU SALLINE MONTH END EKETH ME DROP EKA AWOT IWARETAMA IWARAI  ,,,,, ANATAI  Sad
Duk wenna epa. Tika dawasakin hari yai.

Appachchilage kaleth market watunanee. Oyata mataka nadda?

18Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

ranferdi wrote:BOP Crisis; what are the prime causes. Isn't that because of the borrowing by previous regime for the projects that is not giving enough returns??

Being non partial we need to discuss real causes of the crisis without pointing Ranil and Government.

No. I cannot agree.  This is an another fabricated myth, misconception  spread by useless spineless brainless gonpalana politicians.

No country will give us loans without proper study. They always evaluate our paying capacity. The test is much harder than what banks do for approving  loans to customers.
Receiving country should prepare comprehensive report shoving paying back plan and giving its entire loan situation. It is a very tiresome operation.  Independant consultants of offerer do separate evaluation.

Sri Lanka's loan situation became healthier during last five years.

Taking more loans for new projects is also a tool for the developing Countries  to do this balancing.   If the country is developing with a healthy Growth of GDP , this will become easier for the Finance managers.  

Former Finance Managers (Officers) of this country did it nicely.
Current Managers  cannot do it due to actions of brainless big headed gobba politicians.

The topic of this thread is "Ranil's Brain On Back Side"
ඔය කියන එක එතැනවත් තියෙනව නම් ලොකු දෙයක්  කියල තමයි දැන් මේ වෙන දේවල් හැටියට හිතෙන්නේ.

මහ ලොකුවට කයිවරු ගැහුවට මොන කෙහෙල්මලක් වත් කරගන්න පුලුවන් පාලනයක් නොවන බව ඔපු වී අවසන්.
අපේ වාසනාවට අපි නොදැක්ක භයානක සිහිනය තමයි "මේ කට්ටිය හිටියනම් ප්‍රභාකරන් ගහගෙන ගහගෙන එනකොට ?"

19Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya

ranferdi wrote:BOP Crisis; what are the prime causes. Isn't that because of the borrowing by previous regime for the projects that is not giving enough returns??

No giving enough returns from following projects

Hambantota port
Matala airport
Mihin lanka
Night racing
Common wealth game grounds
Hotel in KKS

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:13 pm

skyfall

People forgot that

Appachchi didn’t do much work during 2004-2005 time.
He didn’t devalue the Rupee against $ during his time Rs 112 to Rs 133 (in few months)
Karuna was split from LTTE before his time.
Market crash during his regime
We lost GSP plus and fish export to Europe

Even though the public loans against GDP reduced as a percentage, the total borrowings has increased in few folds. Now we are in huge debt thanks to some of his genius projects like Mattala Airport.

How many factories he opened during his time? (apart from giving temporary jobs in constructions sector)

Why we needed an airline called Mihin Air?

List goes on..

21Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya

Chinwi wrote:

No. I cannot agree.  This is an another fabricated myth, misconception  spread by useless spineless brainless gonpalana politicians.

No country will give us loans without proper study. They always evaluate our paying capacity. The test is much harder than what banks do for approving  loans to customers.
Receiving country should prepare comprehensive report shoving paying back plan and giving its entire loan situation. It is a very tiresome operation.  Independant consultants of offerer do separate evaluation.

Sri Lanka's loan situation became healthier during last five years.

Taking more loans for new projects is also a tool for the developing Countries  to do this balancing.   If the country is developing with a healthy Growth of GDP , this will become easier for the Finance managers.  

Former Finance Managers (Officers) of this country did it nicely.
Current Managers  cannot do it due to actions of brainless big headed gobba politicians.

The topic of this thread is "Ranil's Brain On Back Side"
ඔය කියන එක එතැනවත් තියෙනව නම් ලොකු දෙයක්  කියල තමයි දැන් මේ වෙන දේවල් හැටියට හිතෙන්නේ.

මහ ලොකුවට කයිවරු ගැහුවට මොන කෙහෙල්මලක් වත් කරගන්න පුලුවන් පාලනයක් නොවන බව ඔපු වී අවසන්.
අපේ වාසනාවට අපි නොදැක්ක භයානක සිහිනය තමයි "මේ කට්ටිය හිටියනම් ප්‍රභාකරන් ගහගෙන ගහගෙන එනකොට ?"
They will see country's ability to return their money or others benefits of that country such as control that country for their militory purpose or etc..
They don't care about that particular project whether it gives returns or not.
I can give you list of useless projects funded by China and India.
Come on Chinwi.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

22Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 pm

cseranga

cseranga

i say one thing if this is the system i forecast people will fight for foods with each others when Yahapalana government rise next 4years...

23Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Empty Re: Ranil's Brain On Back Side? Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:09 pm

cseranga

cseranga

if you have money bring down your average share price with the dropping percentage because no one can believe which day this will go up...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum