FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 1:34 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Yesterday at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today is the Major Opportunity for Buy Valuable Stocks

+6
Beta1
Bull Master
worthiness
Joe007
jayathu
Gainer
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Today is the Major Opportunity for Buy Valuable Stocks Very Happy

jayathu

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Not today, entire year I think will be an major opportunity to buy valuable stocks periodically. This downtrend will continue until clear vision is pointed out.

Joe007

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Jayathu,
I agree your comments. Local interest rate hike is killing the market as investors moving to fixed deposits due to the uncertainty.
Also there is no any news supporting the CSE and I believe the market will go down further more which will break the psychological barrier.

jayathu

http://www.economynext.com/Sri_Lanka_T_bill_03_month_yields_up_13bp-3-4280-3.html 

this doesn't help

Joe007

Yeah , I pulled more funds from the stocks yesterday as well.

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Non ending opportunity goes on another unknown period. None can predict revamping time of stock market as this has been witnessing from east to west.

Bull Master

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Don't expect mkt to go down every day. That does shows how immature you all are. There are reasons to stocks to go up and down. Don't buy ASI or SP. You better study and buy a future potential company which have low debts, high DY,high ROE as your investment for future. Once you bought these company shares you will become the owners of that company. Take that ownership friends and that's all. That company will look after yourself and your family in future for sure. Take my word friends I have experience this in my life. I have shares like CTC,NEST,LLUB,HNB,TJL,TAFL etc... Which were bought at very low price levels and has improved my wealth substantially by now. My investments have given me more than 300% return by now even this down fall mkt for the last 15 years. How can you earn such a return by investing in FDs. No way. 

You have to buy stocks now. Not the time when stocks are going up. Please understand the reality of share mkt.Don't blame to mkt or companies. They are doing really well. Many companies have reported history best results now. Trading at very low price levels.

Look at how Directors are purchasing shares these days. If future is gloomy they are the people should sell stocks before us and run away. But now it is happening the other way. We try to run away and Directors are buying.

That is a very good sign that gives the real ownership of these companies to the Directors.

All the best.....

Beta1

Beta1

Bull Master wrote:Don't expect mkt to go down every day. That does shows how immature you all are. There are reasons to stocks to go up and down. Don't buy ASI or SP. You better study and buy a future potential company which have low debts, high DY,high ROE as your investment for future. Once you bought these company shares you will become the owners of that company. Take that ownership friends and that's all. That company will look after yourself and your family in future for sure. Take my word friends I have experience this in my life. I have shares like CTC,NEST,LLUB,HNB,TJL,TAFL etc... Which were bought at very low price levels and has improved my wealth substantially by now. My investments have given me more than 300% return by now even this down fall mkt for the last 15 years. How can you earn such a return by investing in FDs. No way. 

You have to buy stocks now. Not the time when stocks are going up. Please understand the reality of share mkt.Don't blame to mkt or companies. They are doing really well. Many companies have reported history best results now. Trading at very low price levels.

Look at how Directors are purchasing shares these days. If future is gloomy they are the people should sell stocks before us and run away. But now it is happening the other way. We try to run away and Directors are buying.

That is a very good sign that gives the real ownership of these companies to the Directors.

All the best.....
you are 100% correct. but unfortunately, local individual investors sell their stocks this down market and buy higher price. Ex. sell TAFL now Rs. 100.00 levels and mid of this year buy Rs, 150 levels

jayathu

@bullmaster thread started saying "Today is the Major Opportunity for Buy Valuable Stocks" which i partially disagree. That's why i said "Not today, entire year I think will be an major opportunity to buy valuable stocks periodically. This downtrend will continue until clear vision is pointed out."

I think market will continue this downtrend until we get that bail out which will ease the pressure on the interest rate n stabilize our reserves and currency. I believe this market is not good for a trader enter right now, but for a long term investor its a ideal moment to enter and continuously buy selective shares periodically. I collected SAMP,AAIC APLA CIND RHL TJL PLC SHOT for the last four yrs. Which i'm hoping to collect more for the next 2 more yrs also. 

Directors are buying cause there looking at the bigger picture. They can afford to hold there investment for a period of tym. Most of the Local investors cant afford to do that. Lot of people buy on margin. When country is going through a rough patch people start selling to settle there debt. Then market goes on a continuous downward slope. Directors will continuously buy there shares if the company is solid because they know in the long run it will be worthwhile investment. In my case i can hold on to my investment and take temporarily loss cause i'll continuously buy into the share i selected based on the valuations i did. 

Chinwi

Chinwi

Bull Master wrote:  You better study and buy a future potential company which have low debts, high DY,high ROE as your investment for future. Once you bought these company shares you will become the owners of that company. Take that ownership friends and that's all. That company will look after yourself and your family in future for sure.

Agreed . well said.

Bull Master wrote:

All the best.....

Not fully agreed.  Directors may buy. If they have  money , they know about their company .

It doesn't mean the market will bottom out now.

Although the companies have done well, to invest we  have to consider future potential. If the people are suffering and buying power is deteriorating , they will spend everything   to buy foods for living.

I feel if the Government take enough action to change present situation today it will take another 6-12 months to give some relief to the society. Even new investment arrived from Germany or   Cheena's port city  the impact will be felt after 2  years time.

The leaders are not talking about or taking actions to correct the situation. They pay more interest about Operas, brassieres , dogs, cats, falling balloons , importing Indians etc.

Joe007

The purchasing power of money in Srilanka is deteriorating continuously. So savings will go down.

People will feel poverty definitely and will affect more new numbers. Inflation will go up.

Not enough export so the trade deficit will be higher and higher. IMF support may help temporary relief for few months.

Wise foreign investors definitely cash the stocks and turn to foreign currencies due to deteriorating of rupees. Imagine if there is a profit from stock appreciation for foreign investors but they will lose on depreciation of rupees when converting to foreign currencies from rupees. This is one of the reason that foreign investment is low.

Local interest rate is going up. Investors will think about deposits and fixed income.

Many many more facts to think......

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya

Joe007 wrote:Yeah , I pulled more funds from the stocks yesterday as well.
Going to regret your decision!!!

stockback

Joe007 wrote:The purchasing power of money in Srilanka is deteriorating continuously. So savings will go down.

People will feel poverty definitely and will affect more new numbers. Inflation will go up.

Not enough export so the trade deficit will be higher and higher. IMF support may help temporary relief for few months.

Wise foreign investors definitely cash the stocks and turn to foreign currencies due to deteriorating of rupees. Imagine if there is a profit from stock appreciation for foreign investors but they will lose on depreciation of rupees when converting to foreign currencies from rupees. This is one of the reason that foreign investment is low.

Local interest rate is going up. Investors will think about deposits and fixed income.

Many many more facts to think......

can you explain this with numbers. rather than saying this.

bcz we have to evaluate

example
IMF Bail out program how much they re giving.
 how much we need to solve BOP issue
how much give world bank for Budgetary support.

please evaluate the problems. I like to get answer from you.

jayathu

Mokada wenna??

jayathu

its funny when Yahapalanaya said

=eae7ee7258b992d0061ca950fc353e70&cvf[1]=1cdce543558be37779191df70d06ad7a&eval=plus&p_vote=303019]+

----
=d6e37fb07af8e32171fd2dd108a9c661&cvf[1]=c27df59e1bf292e3bb111452872ae953&eval=minus&p_vote=303019]-

@Joe007 wrote:Yeah , I pulled more funds from the stocks yesterday as well.

Joe007

Thank you Jayathu......

Jayathu you have come at the tight time to question others?????

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya

jayathu wrote:its funny when Yahapalanaya said

=eae7ee7258b992d0061ca950fc353e70&cvf[1]=1cdce543558be37779191df70d06ad7a&eval=plus&p_vote=303019]+

----

=d6e37fb07af8e32171fd2dd108a9c661&cvf[1]=c27df59e1bf292e3bb111452872ae953&eval=minus&p_vote=303019]-

@Joe007 wrote:Yeah , I pulled more funds from the stocks yesterday as well.

If you invest in speculative shares,you should exit.Those counter's prices raised by mere promotion without any basics.It will go for natural death. Those counters came down more than 50%.It will go further.

Still Gems are there.It's up to you to do homework and find those.

Plantation sector still a company running in profit and  price still in 19-20 with sound fundamental.
Hydropower sector a company still in 20s and running in profit with good future
Financial sectors few good companies are there.

So if you are investing in speculative shares as per brokers,your exit is right decision.

Cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gainer

Gainer

Stock market everywhere up and down normal
When market down then buy when market up then sell.
Whoever buy today, tomorrow can sell with profit

Pac-man

Pac-man

Ada panic selling lu
force selling giya kiyala thama kiayanna

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum