FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guys - Please Be careful!

+14
mono
wallstreet
bettersrilanka
godswen
Soundchips
duke
wiki
Fresher
swan03
tubal
aladdin
UKboy
mark
prasrod
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:05 am

prasrod

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Guys please be careful. MPI and ASI showing sell signals on MACD, TEMA, VWA and candlesticks. This was accompanied by higher than normal volumes. I do agree that the indices are not perfect but there are other signs.

Just remember that in the recent past Fundamentally strong market leaders have started dropping and we seem to be going behind manipulated stocks at crazy PERs. These are signs of an impending correction (to put it softly). Also the number of shares reaching 52wk highs seems to be dropping. These are all ominous signs.

Do not get into the margin/ debt as you may be wiped out in a crash (even if it is short term). At least if you are in with your cash you can hold on. If you are in the margin and T+5 comes and you are force sold, you may be wiped out.

If you have made a profit - take some money out. It might cushion you for a while - besides you would have extra money to buy in the event of a drop - this is what the rich do.

Make sure that you have a written down stop loss which you stick to. Risk only 1-2% of your capital in any one trade.

Think about the long and medium term trends in the overall market before you buy a share for the short term. There is such a thing as wind below your wings. When you go for a share, do not buy falling knives thinking that the trend will reverse at your point of entry. (There is no short selling in the CSE market and therefore no reason for Elliot waves to apply when prices are in a downtrend beyond support levels.) Over sold indicators too do not apply when there is no short selling. Remember that those who buy on a dip laugh every time in a bull market until the crash comes!

Be careful when the trend suddenly changes after a prolonged drop - there is such a thing called 'a dead cat bounce'. Manipulators who buy at the bottom when the share seems oversold, push the price up and off load it again on poor retailers. Didn't we see this recently with Gran, BFL, TAFL, BRWN, CFIN. Look for at least a recovery from a double bottom before you enter such a share.

There were always obvious reasons for market drops in the recent past - debt clearance/ bandwidths/ T+5 etc. There is no real explicable and reversible reason now. There is the risk that the market has run out of steam in the short to medium term.

I would be the happiest if another bull run starts, however please be careful - it is your hard earned money. If you lose your capital in a bear market - you have no money left when the bull run starts. This would be familiar to those who were in the market before.

This is just my impression on the market. I have not quoted from any source. Please make your decisions after thinking things over. Please do not consider me an authority or one with inside information.

Last edited by prasrod on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:43 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : To clarify matters more)

2Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:34 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

opppssssss Shocked Shocked Shocked
you making me discouraging to enter in next week,btw what is the source? scratch

3Guys - Please Be careful! Empty @ mark Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:36 am

prasrod

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Sorry mate there is no source. Just my two cents worth. Please make your own decision. I am not an expert on this!

4Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:39 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

prasrod wrote:Sorry mate there is no source. Just my two cents worth. Please make your own decision. I am not an expert on this!

hmmmmmmm,hard to trust mate,anyway im still in safe side,will see tomorrow direction...... Very Happy

5Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 am

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

mark wrote:
prasrod wrote:Sorry mate there is no source. Just my two cents worth. Please make your own decision. I am not an expert on this!

hmmmmmmm,hard to trust mate,anyway im still in safe side,will see tomorrow direction...... Very Happy

1000 posts WELL DONE MARK Smile Smile Smile

6Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:41 am

aladdin

aladdin
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Good morning guys / gals,

I would like to put my comments on this red market and how to survive in such. But some times i might get two more negative reps. I identified that always it is two people who gives negative reps for of my reply. Seems two people needs me out of the platform. lolz..

Oki back to business.. Some people who got stuck in high value in a particular share tried to make their average low when the market is dipping. I strongly discourage this and it is a very wrong approach as i see.

It is not good to buy when the market is dipping. I will give an example. Assume that you are in a balcony of a multi story building and watching upwards. You see a huge iron bar is coming down and down which is really nice to have. Since you are in the lower floors, u think its safe to catch it at that level. But you never thought how heavy it would be and that it could take you to the ground floor with the force associate with it when it is coming down.. Same way, do not buy when market is coming down to average. Wait watching and the 1st time u notice the shares are again on a hike, thats the time to buy and get some money. Thats how you average ur fixed deposited stocks..

Next, in any Red market there any at least a couple of shares going upward. Identify those pasterns. I do have identified couple of shares over the year which starts upward journey when the ASI and MPI both starts red. So those are the shares which gives you money to survive until the total red goes out.

Also my advice is, in any sort of a market, if you are really good in identifying the pasterns, you survive.

All the best. Keep the eyes wide open and be in the safe side.. No one wants to loose the money. But any one likes to earn money..

have a great rock and role trading platform although the ASI is red.. I personally believe it will be red until Friday after noon. Then there might be a U turn.

I see two reasons for this red, 1. T +5 force selling was due for last trading day for many who was engaged in rushing the bulls. 2. Many people took money out buy selling to fund the Massive IPO which needed 4Billion LKR which over subs..

7Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:49 am

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

It's good to see some sensible posts on this forum for a change. It has been gradually dumbing down over the past few months. Which is to be expected; because the forum can be considered to be a sample of the population - which is the investing public.

I can't resist the temptation to say I told you so: Almost every point that is being raised here has been raised by me previously as far as six months back.

8Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 am

swan03

mark wrote:
UKboy wrote:
mark wrote:

1000 posts WELL DONE MARK Smile Smile Smile

thanks bro,no rep left,i had an agreement of give 25 reps in nxt five days.defa will give you thereafter. Very Happy Very Happy

@ Mark + rep from me.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by swan03 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

9Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:09 am

Fresher

Thanks for the post.
A for me, it's too late to exit and too broke to buy more.
Just going to clear a bit of margin and wait for how ever long to gain back what I lost.

10Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 am

wiki

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

thanks for valuable information

worth reading this article too

http://www.ft.lk/2011/06/16/bourse-bleeds/

11Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 am

duke

The thing is blue chips are very expensive in the current market going at a very high PE ratio specially when you remove the one time gains. I calculated yesterday that in one blue chip share if you remove the one time gains the PE ratio almost doubles. I guess that's why they're going down slowly.

12Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 am

Soundchips

npp wrote:Thanks for the post.
Just going to clear a bit of margin and wait for how ever long to gain back what I lost.

too late to exit ... worse time to exit I may wait and see..

13Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 am

godswen

godswen

Nice piece of writing prasrod!

14Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:42 am

UKboy

UKboy

duke wrote:The thing is blue chips are very expensive in the current market going at a very high PE ratio specially when you remove the one time gains. I calculated yesterday that in one blue chip share if you remove the one time gains the PE ratio almost doubles. I guess that's why they're going down slowly.

Very true Duke, Whole these blue chip companies either need to show at least 100% growth in profits or prices should go down.
This market will not be an attractive market until we give up paying unrealistic prices for most of these blue chips.

15Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:13 pm

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

need to check tomorrow..then we can get an idea of next week...

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

16Guys - Please Be careful! Empty this is a good forum Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:31 pm

wallstreet

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

This is a well balance forum. Guys I have to say that my English is not perfect. Sorry If I made a mistake. I learned lot of new things from this site. When I asked a question , there were relpies with very good explanations.

My of them put good and well balanced. Speciallly Milanka helped me lot when I put posts in here.

If I joined two weeks back to this forum, I never buy Bloody greg and made a big loss.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

17Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:58 pm

mono

mono

UKboy wrote:
duke wrote:The thing is blue chips are very expensive in the current market going at a very high PE ratio specially when you remove the one time gains. I calculated yesterday that in one blue chip share if you remove the one time gains the PE ratio almost doubles. I guess that's why they're going down slowly.

Very true Duke, Whole these blue chip companies either need to show at least 100% growth in profits or prices should go down.
This market will not be an attractive market until we give up paying unrealistic prices for most of these blue chips.

look if blue chips are too expensive and fundamentally overvalued they will come down in price. in the long run markets follow fundamentals. Blue chips trade at a premium because everybody thinks they are good companies. and because of that you are never going to get them cheap or make quick money off of them.

18Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:36 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

wallstreet wrote:This is a well balance forum. Guys I have to say that my English is not perfect. Sorry If I made a mistake. I learned lot of new things from this site. When I asked a question , there were relpies with very good explanations.

My of them put good and well balanced. Speciallly Milanka helped me lot when I put posts in here.

If I joined two weeks back to this forum, I never buy Bloody greg and made a big loss.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was one of the Anti GREGs since investnow times and still so.... But GREG being a highly speculative share, as soon as the market goes up, this will go pass 65-70 in no time..
GREG for me is only good for a quick buck and I dont see any investment choice on it Wink
Have u bought high?

19Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:45 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

BRILLIANT prasrod..,we need some more posts.. Very Happy

"Just remember that in the recent past Fundamentally strong market leaders have started dropping and we seem to be going behind manipulated stocks at crazy PERs. These are signs of an impending correction (to put it softly). Also the number of shares reaching 52wk highs seems to be dropping. These are all ominous signs.

Do not get into the margin/ debt as you may be wiped out in a crash (even if it is short term). At least if you are in with your cash you can hold on. If you are in the margin and T+5 comes and you are force sold, you may be wiped out.

If you have made a profit - take some money out. It might cushion you for a while - besides you would have extra money to buy in the event of a drop - this is what the rich do."

see what this guy told,such a brilliant post,thanks mate,hope people got your points correctly,now its clearly obvious.......
tubal also saying this for longtime and he just got -reps,btw please keep posting.. cheers

20Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:00 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Soundchips wrote:
npp wrote:Thanks for the post.

too late to exit ... worse time to exit I may wait and see..
Do not worry. Devil is not so black.

21Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Tiger

Tiger

hats off to you prasrod. Good post.

22Guys - Please Be careful! Empty Re: Guys - Please Be careful! Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:28 pm

dr kiru005

dr kiru005
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

good post buddy 100 fact and to add this forum has people who recommend their share so never take them seriously and do your home work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum