FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Excellent Report pending From CTC (Keep eye on CTC )
by Dasun Maduwantha Today at 5:28 am

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» Investor Alert: Sri Lanka Stock Brokering Mafia Strongly Active!
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 12:06 am

» What are the key aspects of the Online Safety Act?
by God Father Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:35 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by Investment 1st Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:00 pm

» How to defeat Ranil Wickramasinghe at the next Presidential Elections
by empire Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:34 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ApolloCSE Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:35 am

» Why Foreign Sales have gone up during last few days
by D.G.Dayaratne Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 am

» Market Performance (2022-2024)
by D.G.Dayaratne Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:10 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:34 pm

» ANALYSIS: Sri Lanka Car Market 2024
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:14 am

» LOLC Group's stunning performance goes beyond numbers!
by samaritan Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:57 am

» RED ALERT!! from Richard Pieris and Company PLC
by ChooBoy Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:28 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in 2024
by God Father Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:29 am

» IPO Failures in Sri Lanka
by God Father Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:21 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:57 pm

» Treasury Bill is an option of Fixed income
by ResearchMan Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:31 pm

» CONSTRUCTION SECTOR
by Gaudente Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:40 pm

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:14 pm

» CENTRAL FINANCE COMPANY PLC (CFIN.N0000)
by Gaudente Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:28 pm

» Natural Gas Faces Steep Decline
by ResearchMan Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:17 pm

» CSE geared into BULL mode
by deli Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:31 pm

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:30 am

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by K.R Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:28 pm

» Sri Lanka: Banking Sector Stability?
by God Father Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:35 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)



CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.


AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)

+32
sanjulanka
EPS
Great1
Harry82
LHW
target1
DDS10
ADVENTUS
Kaptivajkss
Dilshan2020
bkasun
cheetah
cseguide
Emdmadusanka
Niwa
lakymahesh
High-flyer
subash81
Nuwancha
RajapaksaDON
DKbogols
Teller
MoneyLover
Quibit
EquityChamp
SuckingRumor
Yahapalanaya
AAABoy
Market R
stevenapple
PriyanDV
Market.Player
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm

MoneyLover


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:WATAWALA PLANTATIONS

ISIN :    LK0246N00005
Today’s Last Traded Price (Rs.) :    17.00
Change (Rs.) and (%) 0.90 (5.59%)
Turnover (Rs.) 3,018,755,330.00
Share Volume 150,937,901
Trade Volume 7

The controlling stake changed in hands today. 
The largest shareholder "Estate Management Services (Pvt) Ltd (EMSL)" held ~74% of WATA.N has sold today to "Sunshine Wilmar (Pvt) Ltd".  Sunshine (SUN.N) was the controlling party of EMSL too. So, it appears that the transaction is a part of SUN's group restructuring process taking WATA under its direct control.

27WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Thu May 14, 2020 1:06 am

Teller


Moderator
Moderator

WATA is a hidden gem . I have explained why ?

28WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Watawala Plantations PLC (WATA.N0000) Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:43 pm

DKbogols


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

WATA has 85% contribution to T/O from OIL Palm and 15% from Dairy. 

Right now Oil Palm global prices at 5yr high levels and there is lot of support from budget for Agri and well as Dairy.

WATA has been historically a high dividend yielding counter, there is the added bonus of c.10% dividend gains per annum in additional to capital gains too. 

With forward PE multiples around 6x, this share has so much more pontential than current value of around 58/- per share. 

As per my valuation, the fair value should be around 75/- minimum in 1 year with a 30% upside (around 40% including dividends)!

This is not a buy/sell recommendation. *DYOR (Do Your Own Research)

29WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:47 pm

RajapaksaDON


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

DKbogols wrote:WATA has 85% contribution to T/O from OIL Palm and 15% from Dairy. 

Right now Oil Palm global prices at 5yr high levels and there is lot of support from budget for Agri and well as Dairy.

WATA has been historically a high dividend yielding counter, there is the added bonus of c.10% dividend gains per annum in additional to capital gains too. 

With forward PE multiples around 6x, this share has so much more pontential than current value of around 58/- per share. 

As per my valuation, the fair value should be around 75/- minimum in 1 year with a 30% upside (around 40% including dividends)!

This is not a buy/sell recommendation. *DYOR (Do Your Own Research)

Rs 1000/= wage issue doesn't affect WATA so much. Bcz they have around 2500 emplyees.

30WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Nuwancha


Stock Trader

RajapaksaDON wrote:
DKbogols wrote:WATA has 85% contribution to T/O from OIL Palm and 15% from Dairy. 

Right now Oil Palm global prices at 5yr high levels and there is lot of support from budget for Agri and well as Dairy.

WATA has been historically a high dividend yielding counter, there is the added bonus of c.10% dividend gains per annum in additional to capital gains too. 

With forward PE multiples around 6x, this share has so much more pontential than current value of around 58/- per share. 

As per my valuation, the fair value should be around 75/- minimum in 1 year with a 30% upside (around 40% including dividends)!

This is not a buy/sell recommendation. *DYOR (Do Your Own Research)

Rs 1000/= wage issue doesn't affect WATA so much. Bcz they have around 2500 emplyees.

Also most of profit come from palm oil secotor

31WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Nuwancha


Stock Trader

WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 20201110WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 20201110WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 20201110

Manipulater likes this post

32WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:39 pm

subash81


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

WATA
NAMU
ELPL

All three good

As per current price ELPL bargain

33WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:51 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator

Understand WATA to Sunshine Ratio. If you understand it , you will see a bright sun . Haaaaahaaa

34WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:28 pm

DKbogols


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Screen12
Palm Oil Prices at all time high - highest price recorded in past 5 years at least!

WATA has almost 85% TO from Palm Oil which is now all time high and subject to tax benefits from Govt's new budget for Agri! Balance 15% is Dairy and Milk which is also a subject of interest by the present govt and subject tax advantages. 

WATA is poised for a high growth run especially considering that they at around 6x annualised H1 PER. 

Target price in my opinion is at 8x forward PER, which is 84/- representing a 55% upside to current MP.

This is not a BUY/SELL recommendation. DYOR.

35WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:40 pm

MoneyLover

MoneyLover
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:Understand WATA to Sunshine Ratio. If you understand it , you will see a bright sun . Haaaaahaaa

@Teller

What do you mean by WATA to SUNshine ratio please explain? 

36WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:34 pm

subash81


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

DKbogols wrote:WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Screen12
Palm Oil Prices at all time high - highest price recorded in past 5 years at least!

WATA has almost 85% TO from Palm Oil which is now all time high and subject to tax benefits from Govt's new budget for Agri! Balance 15% is Dairy and Milk which is also a subject of interest by the present govt and subject tax advantages. 

WATA is poised for a high growth run especially considering that they at around 6x annualised H1 PER. 

Target price in my opinion is at 8x forward PER, which is 84/- representing a 55% upside to current MP.

This is not a BUY/SELL recommendation. DYOR.

Thanks
This is good news for ELPL and NAMU too

If WATA reach your target, then ELPL should be around 70+
NAMU 250+

judecroos likes this post

37WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Thu May 20, 2021 7:56 am

High-flyer

High-flyer
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Can we expect good result and Generous Dividend?


FY19/20 EPS was 4.85 and Dividend of 3 declared. (Dividend Payout Ratio - 62%)

FY20/21 9 Months EPS is 6.21. We can expect 4th Quarter EPS of around 2. There for Total EPS for FY 20/21 would be close to 8.2. They already declared 3 Rupee dividend in November. 

Based on history....Expecting 2.5/3 Final Dividend....

38WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Mon May 24, 2021 5:11 pm

High-flyer

High-flyer
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

High-flyer wrote:Can we expect good result and Generous Dividend?


FY19/20 EPS was 4.85 and Dividend of 3 declared. (Dividend Payout Ratio - 62%)

FY20/21 9 Months EPS is 6.21. We can expect 4th Quarter EPS of around 2. There for Total EPS for FY 20/21 would be close to 8.2. They already declared 3 Rupee dividend in November. 

Based on history....Expecting 2.5/3 Final Dividend....

https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/728_1621854778375.%20CSE%20Financial%20Statement_WPL%2031st%20March%202021.pdf

EPS FY 20/21 EPS is 8.18.

39WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:04 pm

lakymahesh


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Can any1 buy this fake selling order at Rs 56/- which is stagnanting the the whole order book ? He is pushing the price down single handedly by placing a big selling order. 😡🤬

40WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 am

lakymahesh


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Img-2011

41WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 pm

Niwa


Moderator
Moderator

With the increase in both palm oil and fresh milk prices , wata will have a super year ahead . WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 52597410

42WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Emdmadusanka


Stock Trader

We have seen trade good volumes last 5 days. All indicators are strong bullish, Elpl increased 55 to 80 but Wata still at same price level. Long journey coming soon.
See the plam oil price 5295(all time high)

We can expect amazing Q2 and Q3 quarter report

43WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Niwa


Moderator
Moderator

Emdmadusanka wrote:We have seen trade good volumes last 5 days. All indicators are strong bullish,  Elpl increased 55 to 80 but Wata still at same price level. Long  journey  coming soon.
See the plam oil price 5295(all time high)

We can expect  amazing Q2 and Q3 quarter report
59 resistant will break tomorrow or on Monday and will sail.

44WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:52 pm

Niwa


Moderator
Moderator

The dividend is on the way, could be Rs.3.50 or Rs.4

45WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 pm

Niwa


Moderator
Moderator

Niwa wrote:
Emdmadusanka wrote:We have seen trade good volumes last 5 days. All indicators are strong bullish,  Elpl increased 55 to 80 but Wata still at same price level. Long  journey  coming soon.
See the plam oil price 5295(all time high)

We can expect  amazing Q2 and Q3 quarter report
59 resistant will break tomorrow or on Monday and will sail.
💕💕

46WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:22 pm

Niwa


Moderator
Moderator

WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 280c2610

47WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:25 pm

Niwa


Moderator
Moderator

WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 E2c7cd10

48WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Niwa wrote:WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 E2c7cd10
RS 5.00 dividend possible with improved earnings. One should hold this share without sealing these elevated price will prevel for more quarters.

49WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:20 pm

Niwa


Moderator
Moderator

Long way to go . More than 1 million share transactions at 69.

WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 2caaed10

sajithlk02 likes this post

50WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:17 am

Emdmadusanka


Stock Trader

See the palm oil price increasing day by day now at 5350


51WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:58 am

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Emdmadusanka wrote:See the palm oil price increasing day by day now at 5350

https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/palm-oil-price

52WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:34 pm

cheetah


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Best Palm oil company in Sri lanka. Can expect a 5 dividend this month. Currently traded at 72. Good price to enter now,

53WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:08 am

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

cheetah wrote:Best Palm oil company in Sri lanka. Can expect a 5 dividend this month. Currently traded at 72. Good price to enter now,
worth to look at this share at this price. dividend + good report ahead

54WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:01 pm

bkasun


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I too posted 2-3 posts related to WATA.. Really good price to enter.. 20-30% cap gain + good dividend will be guaranteed.

When we see AGAL Q2 report, their palm oil net income is grown by 150% in YoY basis. So same pattern, even more being a largest palm oil producer, will be recorded by WATA..

55WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000) Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:37 pm

bkasun


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

1.1B net income with quarterly  EPS 5.7 and Forward PER is  less than 4

1st Interim dividend Rs. 6

One of the best share in the market..

cseguide, mah2903 and sajithlk02 like this post

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum