FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » BANKING SECTOR

BANKING SECTOR

+94
Investinginsl
madukp
Eranx
Wonderer
C.THARANGA
vijay singh
ONTHEMONEY
Tiger_Wolf
suku502
100Bill
atdeane
IDK
KILLER99
Harry82
Wolf86
invest thinker
Jana
Eranga87
Ramesh tharaka bulto
Aweej
Kipling
subash81
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
High-flyer
geesura
MaJa
Winner123
Anushka chathuranga
Kanishka_2020
Mr. X
DamithAsian
ADVENTUS
shan31
judecroos
SANJAYANM
Vishwanarth
CPGOMEZ71
celtic tiger
ronstyn53
dayandacool
Love Boy
shihan 93
anges
target1
Equityinvestor
EquityPlus
AsithaDe
Srilankan Psyco
wealth123
fireshelter
ResearchMan
Eng Krishantha
st clair's
NZ BOY
Yoho
abey
sureshot
CITIZEN
NANDANA2012
jaya
engineer
Promoney
ColomboCSE
Kaish86
Cricketman
kasun_gimhana
KavinduTM
Teller
PDH
Mr-Star
ThilinaM
TuTanKaman
soileconomy
Yahapalanaya
samaritan
ruwan326
Nuwan Prasad
dumifer
Rookantha Rajapakse
smallville
Soundchips
Gaja
ShareShares
worthiness
Aamiable
StocksWatch
Slstock
stockanalytic
UKboy
Rocky
tubal
milanka
RockStock
seyon
98 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 11]

126BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:17 am

ThilinaM


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Wealth 123 - Fuck u man You read quarterly report of NDB. NPL ratio is 4.9% . Dont comment until u have study something. i dont care if i banned from this page. Normally i spend 10-12 hours per day studieng the market and reading strategy. i have completed 100 plus stock market books. 

NDB NPL is 5% read the latest quaterly report or fuck off

127BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:23 am

wealth123


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ThilinaM wrote:Wealth 123 - Fuck u man You read quarterly report of NDB. NPL ratio is 4.9% . Dont comment until u have study something. i dont care if i banned from this page. Normally i spend 10-12 hours per day studieng the market and reading strategy. i have completed 100 plus stock market books. 

NDB NPL is 5% read the latest quaterly report or fuck off

Very Happy 
Completing 100 Books & studying 10 - 12 Hours a day dont work, To be a Man you must have good attitude.

128BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:49 am

ThilinaM


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@wealth 123 - im a open minded person who is like to correct my weakneses. im a person like a yogi who do not satisfied by material means. What is wrong with my attitude??? there are many manipulators here investor should study what they say and analyse the truth from false. other wise they will be panik from words. man who have a stong will power will not be manipulated. i tell u, be 100% to investing then you will not panic by my comments.

129BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:53 am

wealth123


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ThilinaM wrote:@wealth 123 - im a open minded person who is like to correct my weakneses. im a person like a yogi who do not satisfied by material means. What is wrong with my attitude??? there are many manipulators here investor should study what they say and analyse the truth from false. other wise they will be panik from words. man who have a stong will power will not be manipulated. i tell u, be 100% to investing then you will not panic by my comments.

Not me, But remember there are lots f school leavers & other inexperience people here.
I dont mind whatever you say here because i know no one can predict equity Mkt 100%.
But think about the young, inexperience investors here.
Thye are the future of this Industry / country.

130BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:58 am

ThilinaM


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Wealth 123 - what i beleave is they should have there scars and lurn. i had my scars in market but had a strong will to stay long term. im also not a very expirienced person but i have good book knoledge (others expirience) .any way i will try to behave my self. thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

131BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:02 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

ඉන්දීය බැංකු දෙකක් ශ්‍රී ලංකාවෙන් යන්න ඉල්ලයි

ඇක්සිස් බෑන්ක් ලිමිටඩ් සහ ICICI බෑන්ක් ලිමිටඩ් හට ශ්‍රී ලංකාවේ සිදු කරන ව්‍යාපාර කටයුතු වසා දැමීමට, අදාළ බැංකුවල මව් සමාගම් විසින් සිදු කළ ඉල්ලීම් මුල් කරගෙන, ශ්‍රී ලංකා මහ බැංකුව විසින් කොන්දේසිවලට යටත්ව අවසර ලබා දී ඇත.
ඒ අනුව මේ වන විට, මෙම බැංකුවලට මහජනතාවගෙන් තැන්පතු භාර ගැනීමද ඇතුලත්ව, බැංකු ව්‍යාපාරයේ නිරත වීම සඳහා අවසර නොමැත.
මෙම බැංකු වෙත ලබා දී ඇති බලපත්‍ර, මෙරට ඔවුන්ගේ බැංකු ව්‍යාපාරය වසා දැමීමේ කටයුතු සම්පූර්ණ කිරීමෙන් අනතුරුව අවලංගු කිරීමට නියමිතය

132BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 am

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert
@wealth123 wrote:
@ThilinaM wrote:@wealth 123 - im a open minded person who is like to correct my weakneses. im a person like a yogi who do not satisfied by material means. What is wrong with my attitude??? there are many manipulators here investor should study what they say and analyse the truth from false. other wise they will be panik from words. man who have a stong will power will not be manipulated. i tell u, be 100% to investing then you will not panic by my comments.

Not me, But remember there are lots f school leavers & other inexperience people here.
I dont mind whatever you say here because i know no one can predict equity Mkt 100%.
But think about the young, inexperience investors here.
Thye are the future of this Industry / country.

wealth123, 
ThilinaM යනු අනුන්ට මොකක් උනත් තමන්ට සල්ලි හම්බවෙනවානම් ඕනිම දෙයක් කරන ජාතියේ කෙනෙක්,  මේක මගේ කියමනක් නොව ඔහු මගේ comment එකකට දුන්නු reply එකක් ඇසුරින් මම ඔහු ගැන දරන මතයි. අපි  ඔහුට අනුකම්පා කරනවා මිස කරන්නට දෙයක් නැත, ඔහුට සොබාදහම කවදාහරි දඩුවම් කරවී. 
අලුතින් invest කරන හැම කෙනෙක්ම ඔහුගේ comments & shares manipulations කරන කට්ටියයේ comments  ගැන දෙපාරක් හිතා තීරණ ගන්න.

133BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:09 am

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Eng krishantha - You may be correct . mage witarak nemei ask to do do same about all etc you /teller ms sangeetha etc etc. any way if some one take dicition solely based on my comment without proper analysis he is a donky and not suitable to investing. i tell school leavers when some one say something please confirm it from indipendent sorce and do your own evaluation. by the way im not a trader so i do not have intention to manipulate like u all doing all the time .my stocks will only be adding i have never sell a stock exept 2 instances RHL and laugfs (i feel those are useless in long term) 

truth is no one can predict the market 100% accurate. please read inteligent investor and read about the person Mr Market . Im here in this form to educate people in the harsh way. i have never earned a penny from markets and i always tell do not trust those market gurus like teller etc. they initially put massive amount in crashed good fundamental stock and use various ways to attract small investors. Engi krishantha also seems to be in there clan.



Last edited by ThilinaM on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistaken welth 123 to engi krishantha)

134BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 am

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@All - Engi krishantha is a person who have put there all money in AEL at some what high level and promoting AEL. at least teller and there clan is 10 times better then him since they are some sort of promoting fundamental stocks with a price level investors will not loose big due to promotions like this. 
but be aware when person say  in mid or top in trend trend like this --- AEL will run hurray /AEL horse started/  AEL bull run started

135BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:55 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert
@ThilinaM wrote:@All - Engi krishantha is a person who have put there all money in AEL at some what high level and promoting AEL. at least teller and there clan is 10 times better then him since they are some sort of promoting fundamental stocks with a price level investors will not loose big due to promotions like this. 
but be aware when person say  in mid or top in trend trend like this --- AEL will run hurray /AEL horse started/  AEL bull run started
විහුලු කතා කියන්න එපා ThilinaM,  අනික ඔයා වගේ third  class වැඩ කරන්නේ නැ  මම, AEL promote කරන්න මට කිසිම උවමනාවක් නැ, because i am not trader, i am a long term investor, අනික ඔයා කොහොමද මට AEL විතරයි තියෙන්නේ කියල කියන්නේ  , ඔයා පවු. HEHEHE.

136BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:30 pm

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Engi - In stock market robbers are first class people they robb from 3rd class people. 
dont mix emotions with market comments. imotional people can cry in home dont come here to cry.

137BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert
@ThilinaM wrote:Engi - In stock market robbers are first class people they robb from 3rd class people. 
dont mix emotions with market comments. imotional people can cry in home dont come here to cry.
ඔබේ දැනුම ගැන සතුටුවෙනවා. ලොකු ගමනක් යන්න පුළුවන්. ඔබට සුබ පතනවා.

138BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Not that Bad to Banks Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:20 pm

jaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
https://www.lankabusinessonline.com/central-bank-issues-circular-to-banks-about-new-credit-support-scheme-for-smes/?fbclid=IwAR2hLlb1sRP2lPO-4OuIo7R9xrdGdrYt3mUkpcIiUvA_NMKqa7Q__VX3FnU

139BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:00 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
මූල්‍ය සමාගම්වලින් භාගයක්ම දුවන්නේ අමාරුවෙන්

@Teller ලගකදී දල තිබුන finance companies ගැන මට ඒ පොස්ට් එක හොයාගන්න බැරි උනා...

140BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
@colombocse, i recalled that post due to threat. Day by day democracy is a dream....


_________________




Teller said is said..

141BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:33 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
oh... Really...

142BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
@colombocse most of the people has started to deposits out from some finance companies , so closing speed will be double. The worse thing central bank even can not trace easily these companies present fake reports and ratios. As depositors /investors we must careful with our hard earned money.


_________________




Teller said is said..

143BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:40 am

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
Below news says 20 but actual is 21 now...

මේ වන විට රටේ තිබෙන මූල්‍ය ආයතන 42න් 20ක් පමණ අසීරුතාවයට පත්ව ඇති බවත්, ඔවුන් විසින් බැංකුවලින් ගෙන ඇති ණය පියවීම සඳහා ණය සහන පැකේජයක් ඉල්ලා තිබෙන බවත් ශ්‍රී ලංකා මහ බැංකුවේ නියෝජ්‍ය අධිපති එච්.ඒ. කරුණාරත්න මහතා පවසයි. සුළු හා මධ්‍ය පරිමාණ කර්මාන්තකරුවන් විසින් බැංකුවලින් ගෙන ඇති ණය සඳහා ලබා දී තිබෙන ණය සහන පැකේජය, මූල්‍ය ආයතනවලින් ලබා ගෙන ඇති ණය සඳහා ලබා දෙන්න කටයුතු කරනවා දැයි අද දෙරණ කළ විමසීමකට ප්‍රතිචාර දක්වමින් නියෝජ්‍ය අධිපතිවරයා මේ බව සඳහන් කළේය.

මෙහිදී වැඩිදුරටත් අදහස් දැක්වූ ශ්‍රී ලංකා මහ බැංකුවේ නියෝජ්‍ය අධිපති එච්.ඒ. කරුණාරත්න මහතා,

“ඔබ මූල්‍ය ආයතන ගැන අධ්‍යයනයක් කළොත් පෙනේවි, රටේ තියෙන මූල්‍ය ආයතන 42න් 20ක් පමණ ගොඩාක් අසීරුතාවයට පත්වෙලා තියෙනවා. ඒ නිසා දැනට තියෙන තත්ත්වය උඩ, අපට ෆිනෑන්ස් කම්පැනි කිහිපයකින් කිව්වා බැංකුවලින් ගත්තු ණය ගෙවීම සඳහා ඒ ගොල්ලන්ටත් Moratorium එකක් ලබා දෙන්න කියලා. ඒ වගේ අවස්ථාවක දී මෙය (ණය සහන පැකේජය) තවදුරටත් ව්‍යාප්ත කරන්න පුළුවන් වෙවි කියා අප සිතන්නේ නැහැ. නමුත් එහෙම හැකියාවක් තියේද කියා අපි බලාගෙන යනවා.“

මේ සම්බන්ධයෙන් අදහස් දැක්වූ ශ්‍රී ලංකා මහ බැංකුවේ ජ්‍යෙෂ්ඨ නියෝජ්‍ය අධිපති ආචාර්ය නන්දලාල් වීරසිංහ මහතා පැවසුවේ, මූල්‍ය ආයතනවල ණයවලින් බහුතරය එනම් 50%ක් පමණ ලීසිංවලින් සමන්විත වන බවයි. “ලීසිං එකක්, term loan එකක් වගේ නැවත ප්‍රතිව්‍යූහගත කරන්න අමාරුයි. එය සංකීර්ණ දෙයක්“, යැයි ජ්‍යෙෂ්ඨ නියෝජ්‍ය අධිපතිවරයා කියා සිටියේය.


_________________




Teller said is said..

144BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:46 am

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
"මූල්‍ය ආයතනවල ණයවලින් බහුතරය එනම් 50%ක් පමණ ලීසිංවලින් සමන්විත වන බවයි". As per latest info 1.1 million on vehicles are subject to Cease. 2 or above installments have not been paid (due). To protect the industry , government can do 2 things. Again hike vehicle taxes or grant loans to finace companies . But both are difficult in this situation .

145BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:03 pm

Srilankan Psyco

Srilankan Psyco
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Vfin will increase divident this time

146BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:32 pm

AsithaDe


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Apart from HNB, Sampath & Commercial what will be the next best banking share ?

147BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:22 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
what about SEYB, NTB ,NDB( i own only SEYB but after 300ML loan amendment, i have sold all bank and finance)

now my idea to buy SAMP only when it come 100 or less (may be 2020 i'll not buy any bank and finance)


but my main focus is following sectors Energy, Food, household.

148BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
Food can be good, in future we can expect low prices of raw materials . Energy ,telecommunications also, and part of Manufaturing also to be considered as good


_________________




Teller said is said..

149BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:24 pm

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@AsithaDe wrote:Apart from HNB, Sampath & Commercial what will be the next best banking share ?
NDB, I think

150BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:51 pm

AsithaDe


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Thanks EquityPlus & ColomboCSE. Highly Appreciate Other members sentiments as well.

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

152BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:34 am

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

153BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Fri May 01, 2020 2:06 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
it's really good @EquityPlus keep it up. if you doing this continuously you are saving lots of my time.  Smile Thanks

Sorry I have't time to explain capital expenditure. mainly for my Calc i'm using "maintenance capital expenditures". 

for banks this time i'm mainly worry about  NPL,
Code:
Nonetheless the Bank’s NPL ratio as at 31st December 2019 increased to 6.37% from
3.69% recorded in 2018. The banking industry NPL also recorded a significant increase from 3.4% in
2018 to 4.7% as at 31
st December 2019 due to the poor performance of construction, tourism and
trading sectors which were badly affected in 2019 due to a combination of factors mentioned
previously.

I use 15% for NPL.

154BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sat May 02, 2020 9:52 pm

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@ColomboCSE wrote:it's really good @EquityPlus keep it up. if you doing this continuously you are saving lots of my time.  Smile Thanks

Sorry I have't time to explain capital expenditure. mainly for my Calc i'm using "maintenance capital expenditures". 

for banks this time i'm mainly worry about  NPL,
Code:
Nonetheless the Bank’s NPL ratio as at 31st December 2019 increased to 6.37% from
3.69% recorded in 2018. The banking industry NPL also recorded a significant increase from 3.4% in
2018 to 4.7% as at 31
st December 2019 due to the poor performance of construction, tourism and
trading sectors which were badly affected in 2019 due to a combination of factors mentioned
previously.

I use 15% for NPL.

Thanks for your comment ColomboCSE. I should also mention that value of a company may change from one month/week ahead of now. Given the dynamic situation of the economic condition around the world, the valuation of companies is likely to change quite frequently. Now that Moody's have decided to review SL's credit rating, it means that equity risk of the country is higher compared to what it was before

155BANKING SECTOR - Page 6 Empty Re: BANKING SECTOR Sat May 02, 2020 9:55 pm

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Based on Moody's rating, SL as a country has a default risk at the sovereign level. Which means the risk-free rate that we normally consider (generally, 10 or 20 years government treasury bond rate) should further be adjusted for country credit spread

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum