FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Today at 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Today at 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Today at 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Yesterday at 12:20 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Mon May 13, 2024 8:42 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

#PM Crisis#

+9
janith123
Ryan Hudson
Yahapalanaya
lishanthan
sapumal
ranferdi
samaritan
Miss-Sangeetha
ruwan326
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty #PM Crisis# Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:15 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Parliament remains in limbo

2 November 2018

• MR’s statement of reconvening P’ment on Monday contradicted [b]by others[/b]

• Deputy Speaker confirms no P’ment on 5 Nov.

• Uncertainty over date continues

• Speaker to meet party leaders today

• UNP says Speaker did not recognise MR as PM during meeting with President

• No decision on giving MR Prime Minister’s Chair

In the absence of an official announcement by President Maithripala Sirisena regarding reconvening of Parliament, confusion reigned with different dates being quoted by different politicians depending on their political affiliations.

The first announcement of a possible change in the date to reconvene Parliament was made by Mahinda Rajapaksa, the new Prime Minister appointed by President Maithripala Sirisena, during a discussion with university professors last morning. Rajapaksa, quoting Sirisena, confirmed that Parliament will be reconvened on 5 November.

“I believe Parliament will be reconvened on 5 November. The President has decided to reconvene the Parliament on 5 November,” said Rajapaksa, who ascended to the post of Prime Minister following the sacking of sitting Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe during the meeting.

However, this was later revised to be either 5 or 7 November. The decision came after Speaker Karu Jayasuriya on Wednesday met the President with a renewed call to reconvene Parliament.

The United National Party (UNP), led by ousted Premier Wickremesinghe, considered the announcement a victory for democracy.

“We thank Speaker Karu Jayasuriya for his efforts to get Parliament convened before 16 November. We can say that we have won round one in our battle for democracy in this country,” UNP MP Ajith P. Perera stated at a media briefing held at Temple Trees last morning.

However, as the day progressed, uncertainty set in with UNP politicians saying Parliament will be reconvened either on 5 or 7 November. By evening, it was unclear if the date had been advanced at all.

Deputy Speaker Thilanga Sumathipala told Daily FT that Parliament will not convene on 5 November, but failed to clarify when the revised date would be. The Speaker’s Office, too, said that they are yet to receive any official confirmation on the date being revised.

Cont... http://www.ft.lk/front-page/Parliame...imbo/44-665982

2LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:39 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

Sirisena stands strong

Tuesday, 6 November 2018

• Says will not back down from stance, denies appointment of new PM illegal

• Justifies appointment of MR, says it was only option after Karu and Sajith turned him down

• Believes he has 113 MPs to hold Parliament

• Slams UNP governance, insists Ranil made unpopular and individual decisions

LKA - #PM Crisis# Image_80b4adbdd9
President Maithripala Sirisena yesterday stood by his Prime Minister, insisting that he had the 113 MPs needed to hold Parliament and defended the move as a last ditch effort coming after he had offered the position to Speaker Karu Jayasuriya and UNP MP Sajith Premadasa. 

Thousands of supporters flocked to show support to President Maithripala Sirisena’s controversial move to appoint President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s as Prime Minister on Monday. As traffic police cordoned off parts of Parliament Road to facilitate the rally with tight security, busloads of Rajapaksa loyalists gathered at the Parliament Roundabout despite continuous rain to show support to the newly formed union.

The rally, named ‘Ratama Rakina Jana Mahimaya’, organised to show the strength of the Mahinda camp as the faceoff between the two Prime Ministers intensified, was participated by a majority of the higher echelons of United People’s Freedom Alliance (UPFA) and Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP), with majority airtime being dominated by the members of the latter.

Getting on the same stage together, four years after bitter rivalries began in the later part of 2014, both Sirisena and Rajapaksa expressed ‘happiness’ of being back in the same camp after ‘brief animosity’.

The President said he was determined not to be deterred by any challenge and vowed to not back down from the steps he had taken to appoint former President Mahinda Rajapaksa as the Prime Minister, claiming the appointment and the sacking of sitting Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe which preceded it were both legal and constitutional and was done following consultation with legal experts.

“I will not take my steps back, despite challenges. Let’s protect and build our country together,” Sirisena told the cheering crowds soaking in the rain. 

Speaking at the rally held in gloomy weather, the President told thousands of Rajapaksa supporters that he offered the job to both Speaker Karu Jayasuriya and UNP Deputy Leader Sajith Premadasa before settling for Mahinda Rajapaksa.

“When the Speaker asked me, ‘did you not have any other alternative, except for Mahinda Rajapaksa?’ I responded, ‘Speaker don’t you remember? I gave you that solution. After the Local Government election, then during the No-Confidence Motion taken in the Parliament against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, I asked you to take over the Premiership.”

Outlining his fallout with Premier Wickremesinghe, Sirisena said that the ideological and cultural differences were irreconcilable and needed change.

“I was not just changing two individuals. The change was from a vision that was not according to our culture and norms, that didn’t suit us, which was formed under foreign agenda, to a vision which upholds local culture and values,” he said.

Alleging that the UNP’s outward-looking economic policies, which included negotiations on free trade agreements, were undermining the independence of the country, Sirisena also insisted he was not ready to work according to foreign agendas. He also said that during the last three-and-a-half years had suppressed the working people of the country through Ranil Wickremesinghe’s economic policies that included tax increases and inconsistent policymaking.

He charged that Ranil Wickremesinghe had created a situation where only the elite class of the country could live well while the rest of the country was pushed into more constrained economic circumstances.

The President pointed out that Wickremesinghe had followed an extremely limited policy in governing and forgot the local culture to solve the problems that prevailed in the country. The President charged that Wickremesinghe, together with a few close associates, made critical decisions, leaving out Sirisena and other senior members of Cabinet. 

He pointed out that he had taken the decision to appoint Mahinda Rajapaksa as the Prime Minister by himself. “I took the decision to appoint Mahinda Rajapaksa, not just according to my fancy, but after seeking expert opinion, seeking legal advice, and after it was deemed unconstitutional.”

He asserted that he and Rajapaksa had to free the people from the suppressive economic policies of Ranil Wickremesinghe.

“We can see that over 80% of the people of this country are with us on the decision we took. We ask Ranil Wickremesinghe to let the people decide what they want.”

Sirisena said that he and Mahinda Rajapaksa would solve the problems of the people from North and East of the country for a better future.

“Those who have been in the Cabinet know how difficult it was to commence the project to build 50,000 houses for the North. Ministers of the Cabinet have been fighting to get the ownership of the project.”

He also went on to say that he and Mahinda Rajapaksa would work to strengthen the friendship with India while accusing Ranil Wickremesinghe and his Ministers of trying to break the relationship with India.

Speaking at the rally, Mahinda Rajapaksa said he appreciated the President’s decision to join them.

“This is a very serious decision. I told him that if I was him, I wouldn’t have done it. I would have managed.”

He pointed out that the separation was temporary and they had known each other since the 1970s. The taxes imposed by the coalition Government had led to increases in the cost of living, which was one of the biggest challenges people had to bear, he added.

“I went to the Finance Ministry and checked if we could remove the taxes. It was possible and we have done so. They could have done the same.”

Rajapaksa said Wickremesinghe did not care about the well-being of the citizens of the country. “We have come together to work towards the prosperity of the country.” 

He also urged the minorities to work with him to form a Government for the future.

http://www.ft.lk/top-story/Sirisena-...rong/26-666226

3LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 am

Miss-Sangeetha

Miss-Sangeetha

Don’t under estimate the power of our neighbor country’s intelligence, if the assassination bid is true then they are the beaten snake, they will strike back any time soon probably in year 2020 election or intervene Sri Lanka’s fate very soon.

4LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 am

samaritan

Several theories have culminated as a result of the removal of RW & his butterflies. But its food for thought that this was not the first instance a President could not work with RW as premier. Lets recall in 2004 CBK dissolved RW's govt prematurely and ended his term, it had been repeated again by another SLFP President MS, both in accordance with the constitution. Two SLFP Presidents have discarded RW, is it b'cos of him or his butterflies or both????

5LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

No one can separate us now: MR-2018-11-06

In their first ever major public rally after the new government was formed, Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday said no one could separate his alliance with President Maithripala Sirisena.
Mr. Rajapaksa said they have come to an agreement not to allow any tattle-tale to separate them. “No one can set us against each other now,” he told the Rata Surakina Jana Mahimaya rally.
He said he is committed to work with the President to establish democracy in the country, to salvage it from the alienation and to develop it including the North and East.
He also invited political parties which represent minority groups to join the new government to uplift the people’s livelihood irrespective of ethnic or other differences.
Meanwhile, the Prime Minister said the decision taken by the President to appoint him as the Prime Minister was a serious one. “Parting ways temporarily is not a strange phenomena in politics. We have joined today for the sake of the country, to prevent further alienation of it so that we can create a better country for future generations of Sri Lanka,” he said.
He said he was able to reduce taxes and also fuel prices in a day after assuming duties as the Finance Minister. “If I could have done it, that means they (previous government) could have also done it. However, they were focused on their well being instead of the people,” Mr. Rajapaksa said. 
http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/No-one-can-separate-us-now-MR-157940.html

6LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:47 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

samaritan wrote:Several theories have culminated as a result of the removal of RW & his butterflies. But its food for thought that this was not the first instance a President could not work with RW as premier. Lets recall in 2004 CBK dissolved RW's govt prematurely and ended his term, it had been repeated again by another SLFP President MS, both in accordance with the constitution. Two SLFP Presidents have discarded RW, is it b'cos of him or his butterflies or both????
which one you like ....Butterfly or leech ?????? lol! lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by ruwan326 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

7LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

LKA - #PM Crisis# F9010
ruwan326 wrote:No one can separate us now: MR-2018-11-06

In their first ever major public rally after the new government was formed, Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday said no one could separate his alliance with President Maithripala Sirisena.
Mr. Rajapaksa said they have come to an agreement not to allow any tattle-tale to separate them. “No one can set us against each other now,” he told the Rata Surakina Jana Mahimaya rally.
He said he is committed to work with the President to establish democracy in the country, to salvage it from the alienation and to develop it including the North and East.
He also invited political parties which represent minority groups to join the new government to uplift the people’s livelihood irrespective of ethnic or other differences.
Meanwhile, the Prime Minister said the decision taken by the President to appoint him as the Prime Minister was a serious one. “Parting ways temporarily is not a strange phenomena in politics. We have joined today for the sake of the country, to prevent further alienation of it so that we can create a better country for future generations of Sri Lanka,” he said.
He said he was able to reduce taxes and also fuel prices in a day after assuming duties as the Finance Minister. “If I could have done it, that means they (previous government) could have also done it. However, they were focused on their well being instead of the people,” Mr. Rajapaksa said. 
http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/No-one-can-separate-us-now-MR-157940.html

8LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:05 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

ruwan326 wrote:
samaritan wrote:Several theories have culminated as a result of the removal of RW & his butterflies. But its food for thought that this was not the first instance a President could not work with RW as premier. Lets recall in 2004 CBK dissolved RW's govt prematurely and ended his term, it had been repeated again by another SLFP President MS, both in accordance with the constitution. Two SLFP Presidents have discarded RW, is it b'cos of him or his butterflies or both????
which one you like ....Butterflies or leaches ?????? lol! lol! lol! lol!
LKA - #PM Crisis# F10

9LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:16 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

RAJITHA CONVEYS PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE TO RANIL

UNP MP Dr. Rajitha Senaratne said yesterday he met with President Maithripala Sirisena on Sunday on an invitation extended by him. He told a media briefing that he carried a message from the President to UNP leader Ranil Wickremesinghe. “I met with President Sirisena on his invitation. Since I did not want to go alone, I invited MP John Amaratunga to accompany me.the President explained to me as to what made him appoint former President Mahinda Rajapaksa as Prime Minister. I then explained to him how his actions have affected the country. Later, I met Mr. Wickremesinghe and briefed him about the meeting. My meeting with the President has created a positive situation as far as the country is concerned,” he said indicating that the country would come through the present crisis.

LKA - #PM Crisis# Img?regionguid=cbf58840-6fbe-45ed-b195-04fc28d28db5&scale=176&file=86102018110600000000001001&regionKey=SY4gLOmVlWStfwpAwWO7%2bw%3d%3dLKA - #PM Crisis# WAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​“My meeting with the President was successful but one has to see how the outcome would be when it comes to implementing what we agreed upon.

​​​​​​​http://dailymirrorepaper.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

10LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

LKA - #PM Crisis# Xse10

http://divaina.com/daily/index.php/main-news/19391-2018-11-04-12-50-76

11LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:21 pm

samaritan

PM crisis started with AM (Arjuna Mahendran) crisis!LKA - #PM Crisis# Icon_biggrin

12LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:50 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326

samaritan wrote:PM crisis started with AM (Arjuna Mahendran) crisis!LKA - #PM Crisis# Icon_biggrin

Wink Wink Wink Wink
LKA - #PM Crisis# F6011

ruwan326

ruwan326

ආණ්ඩුවට 117යි -14ට පෙර දිවුරුම් දිම් අවසන්!- 08 Nov 2018

LKA - #PM Crisis# Cabinet-1LKA - #PM Crisis# WAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

ලබන 14 වනදාට පෙර නව රජයේ අමාත්*ය මණ්ඩලයේ සියළු දෙනා දිවුරුම් දී අවසන් කරන බව කැබිනට් සම ප්*රකාශක අමාත්*ය මහින්ද සමරසිංහ මහතා පවසයි.

අමාත්*යවරයා මේ බව කියා සිටියේ රජයේ ප්*රවෘත්ති දෙපාර්තමේන්තුවේ අද(07) පැවැති කැබිනට් තීරණ දැනුම් දීමේ මාධ්*ය හමුවට එක් වෙමින් ය.

ඒ අනූව, ඊට අදාළ ගැසට් නිවේදනය 14 වැනිදාට පෙර නිකුත්කර පාර්ලිමේන්තුවේ ආසන පැනවීමට අවශ්*ය අන්දමින් කටයුතු කරන බව ද ඔහු සදහන් කළේය.

දැනට පාර්ලිමේන්තු බහුතරය ආණ්ඩු පක්ෂය සතුව ඇති අතර එය 117ක් බව ද අමාත්*ය මහින්ද සමරසිංහ මහතා පෙන්වා දුන්නේය.

http://colombotribune.com

14LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:14 am

samaritan

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW IN THE ONE TIME PRISTINE ENVIRONS OF 'TEMPLE TREES' UNDER THE CONTROL OF RW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K00U_sHuzs

ruwan326

ruwan326

Bandula appointed as Sri Lanka's International Trade Minister-Nov 08, 2018 

President Maithripala Sirisena has appointed Bandula Gunewardene as the Minister of Internationl Trade and Investment Promotion and Anura Priyadarshana Yapa as State Minister for Finance, his office said in a statement.

Laksman Wasantha Perera has been appointed as State Minster for International Trade and CB Ratnayake as State Minister for Transport.

Several ministry secretaries have also been appointed.

https://economynext.com/Bandula_appointed_as_Sri_Lanka_s_International_Trade_Minister-3-12511-10.html

16LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 am

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

US for the third time requested the Pres to convene parliament. Why are they not showing the majority.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

17LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm

samaritan

ranferdi wrote:US for the third time requested the Pres to convene parliament. Why are they not showing the majority.
Majority will be shown on 14th November till then ask US to be patient.

18LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:34 pm

ranferdi

ranferdi

samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:US for the third time requested the Pres to convene parliament. Why are they not showing the majority.

Lets wait and see the game. But we must remember for us US Japan EU are the best friends. China is only a poli mudalaali… US Japan EU buys about 80% of our exports.

19LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm

samaritan

ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:

Lets wait and see the game. But we must remember for us US Japan EU are the best friends. China is only a poli mudalaali… US Japan EU buys about 80% of our exports.
US & EU are focused here not out of love and affection towards us but to have a govt that is willing to carry out their agenda. Japan of course is influenced by US at the moment but according to situation they change their stance as they don't like to see their ambitions here going into deep freezer.

20LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 pm

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

samaritan wrote:
No point of showing the majority. President has the executive powers. If president doesn't share the power with UNP , nothing will be happen after 14th

21LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty 'President says no to Ranil' Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:09 am

ruwan326

ruwan326

'President says no to Ranil'
2018-11-09

LKA - #PM Crisis# Image_1541697065-bbdd1221cdLKA - #PM Crisis# WAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
President Maithripala Sirisena reportedly told the TNA parliamentary group yesterday that he would not reappoint UNP leader Ranil

Wickremesinghe as the Prime Minister even if his party secured a majority in Parliament.

He met with the TNA delegation on Wednesday and discussed the current political situation. He reportedly asked the TNA to abstain from the vote of no confidence if it were moved.

However, the TNA said it had taken a decision to vote against the appointment of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa as the Prime Minister. In response, the President is reported to have said that he will not reappoint Mr. Wickremesinghe as the Prime Minister.

Meanwhile, the President assured the parliamentary of his UPFA on Wednesday evening that he would, for sure, secure the required majority to form a stable administration, and therefore no one in the party should worry about it.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/-President-says-no-to-Ranil--158089.html

22LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:27 am

ranferdi

ranferdi

-
ruwan326 wrote:'President says no to Ranil'
2018-11-09

LKA - #PM Crisis# Image_1541697065-bbdd1221cdLKA - #PM Crisis# WAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
President Maithripala Sirisena reportedly told the TNA parliamentary group yesterday that he would not reappoint UNP leader Ranil

Wickremesinghe as the Prime Minister even if his party secured a majority in Parliament.

He met with the TNA delegation on Wednesday and discussed the current political situation. He reportedly asked the TNA to abstain from the vote of no confidence if it were moved.

However, the TNA said it had taken a decision to vote against the appointment of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa as the Prime Minister. In response, the President is reported to have said that he will not reappoint Mr. Wickremesinghe as the Prime Minister.

Meanwhile, the President assured the parliamentary of his UPFA on Wednesday evening that he would, for sure, secure the required majority to form a stable administration, and therefore no one in the party should worry about it.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/-President-says-no-to-Ranil--158089.html

Why there is a need of re-appointing when Speaker recognized RW as the priminister up to date.

The constitution allows president to appoint a person as pri-minister only when the proposed person commands majority means there should be majority vote count and given the position afterwards.

Whats happening now is other way around. My3 and MR are having honeymoon before marriage and children too. We have become joke of the international community. Thanks to one Idiot.

23LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 am

ranferdi

ranferdi

samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:

US & EU are focused here not out of love and affection towards us but to have a govt that is willing to carry out their agenda. Japan of course is influenced by US at the moment but according to situation they change their stance as they don't like to see their ambitions here going into deep freezer.

Let me explain you in very simple manner. A family in a village having a father who waste money for drinks and ladies also he borrows money from village poli mudalali to have his extravagance. Poli mudalali gives loans for about 8% per annum. The most possible scenario is your family and lands will be oneday owned by poli mudali.

Also there is a bank in the village whose manage gives loans for a purpose at about 1% to 4%, and he checks in the conduct of the borrower before issuing of loans and attach conditions to safeguard the interests.

The China is the poli mudalali and USA/Japan / IMF is the bank.

24LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:42 am

samaritan

sapumal wrote:
samaritan wrote:
No point of showing the majority. President has the executive powers. If president doesn't share the power with UNP , nothing will be happen after 14th
Your position is correct. Subsequently in case the vote on account is defeated it will lead to dissolution of parliament by the President and in my opinion it will be good b'cos UNPs popularity can be exposed at a General Election. MR+MS can form a strong stable govt with absolute majority.

25LKA - #PM Crisis# Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:34 pm

samaritan

Used only one trump card, more in hand: President
2018-11-09 09:59:14

LKA - #PM Crisis# Image_1540810730-dc9a0569e1

LKA - #PM Crisis# Image_1541737897-b7ca768c21President Maithripala Sirisena yesterday said that he had used only one trump card and there were more trump cards still in his hand.
While addressing the SLFP executive committee meeting last night he said he would not to roll back any decision that he had taken already. 
Also said that he would be going to make a request to the United National Party (UNP) to support the government’s work plan when Parliament meets next Wednesday (14).
If they do not do so, other trump cards will be played in accordance with the constitution and the law of the country. the President added. (Ajantha Kumara Agalakada)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum