FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Keep eye on Politics

Keep eye on Politics

+4
soileconomy
Teller
samaritan
Maharaja
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:31 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:
@nuwanmja wrote:
@samaritan wrote:QUIZ:


IN SRI LANKA,


'Little Rome' - Negombo

'Little England' - Nuwara Eliya

'Little Riyadh' - ???

Any guess
Little Rome transforming to little Riyadh now.
No. you are wrong, keep trying. GL
Winner to receive a packet of dates (for which sponsors are invited)
Kathankudy!!! :D :D :D I am not extremist.. :D :D :D
You are right. There are no signboards in italian/latin in Negombo, but in contrast it is reported that there are signboards in Kattankudy where arabic precedes sinhala & tamil languages. BTW sorry, there were no sponsors for the packet of dates yet!Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

22Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:05 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
At present the Executive and Legislature are at loggerheads over the PSC which could lead to an unstable political & economic environment in the country and that's not going to do any good to the already ailing stock market. Tough times are ahead!

23Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:55 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
@samaritan wrote:At present the Executive and Legislature are at loggerheads over the PSC which could lead to an unstable political & economic environment in the country and that's not going to do any good to the already ailing stock market. Tough times are ahead!
It is widely anticipated that there will be a change of govt in the offing which is expected to bring about a positive change of destiny to the ailing CSE.

24Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:20 am

Maharaja


Expert
Expert
We cannot predict who will come. Because ;

1.) Court cases for Pohottuwa
2.) Dual citizenship problem for Pohottuwa
3.) Muslim votes 90% for UNP
4.) Tamil votes 80% for UNP (TNA)

Therefore we can't say who will contest and who will win.


Maharaja

25Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:22 am

Maharaja


Expert
Expert
There is a chance - no one will take 50% from votes ! No majority !
And more chance for a mixed government to be formed. 



Maharaja

26Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:38 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
@Maharaja wrote:We cannot predict who will come. Because ;

1.) Court cases for Pohottuwa
2.) Dual citizenship problem for Pohottuwa
3.) Muslim votes 90% for UNP
4.) Tamil votes 80% for UNP (TNA)

Therefore we can't say who will contest and who will win.


Maharaja
Let me go one by one,

1). Who doesn't have cases on both sides? Already UNPs image is tarnished with the Bond scam.
2). Dual citizenship issue has already been sorted out. Even in the worse case scenario MRs proxy (could be someone whom he may hold by the hands and introduce) will emerge victorious with a huge wave of sympathy votes based on the denial of GRs candidacy if at all denied for any reason whatsoever.
3). Muslim votes 90% for UNP is only a myth. Colors may change and the worse case scenario it will be split.
4). TNA is no more the heroes of the tamils. The popularity of TNA is at an unprecedented low ebb and perhaps many may not vote at all. Don't forget EPDP has gained popularity if you go thro' the PS election results statistics.

As it is people are fed up to the core with the present rulers.
So, Buddy don't have doubts, its going to be the bud!


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

27Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Miss-Sangeetha

Miss-Sangeetha
Moderator
Moderator
@Maharaja wrote:We cannot predict who will come. Because ;

1.) Court cases for Pohottuwa
2.) Dual citizenship problem for Pohottuwa
3.) Muslim votes 90% for UNP
4.) Tamil votes 80% for UNP (TNA)

Therefore we can't say who will contest and who will win.


Maharaja
Do you think if Mahinda’s Pohottuwa with the blessing of China, in power good for CSE?
 USA will impose sanctions and tax on Sri Lanka under the guise of human rights violations.
Here after América as well as India won’t tolerate any china’s puppet in power at Sri Lanka, after the South China sea trouble.
See, how Syria, Venezuela, Iran, china and China’s Huawei suffering after the US embargo.


In the case of Sri Lanka, ban on dollar exchange and Visa card are enough to cripple the Sri Lanka’s economy as well as CSE, then we all have to compel to follow Teller’s PV inner bullish analysis.    

28Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
@Maharaja wrote:We cannot predict who will come. Because ;

1.) Court cases for Pohottuwa
2.) Dual citizenship problem for Pohottuwa
3.) Muslim votes 90% for UNP
4.) Tamil votes 80% for UNP (TNA)

Therefore we can't say who will contest and who will win.


Maharaja
Do you think if Mahinda’s Pohottuwa with the blessing of China, in power good for CSE?
 USA will impose sanctions and tax on Sri Lanka under the guise of human rights violations.
Here after América as well as India won’t tolerate any china’s puppet in power at Sri Lanka, after the South China sea trouble.
See, how Syria, Venezuela, Iran, china and China’s Huawei suffering after the US embargo.


In the case of Sri Lanka, ban on dollar exchange and Visa card are enough to cripple the Sri Lanka’s economy as well as CSE, then we all have to compel to follow Teller’s PV inner bullish analysis.    
The new govt would adopt a balanced foreign policy and that's the short answer.


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

29Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:12 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
The editorial of today's 'Island' highlighted the present plight of the govt as follows:

'THE YAHAPALANA GOVT IS LIKE AN AIRCRAFT WHOSE ENGINES AND LANDING GEAR HAVE BOTH FAILED IN MID-AIR. WORSE, THERE IS A BIG FIGHT IN THE COCKPIT WITH THE PILOTS TIGHTENING THEIR GRIP ON EACH OTHER'S JUGULAR. IT IS ON A WING & A PRAYER. NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE CAN SAVE IT'.


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

30Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Current coalition Yahapalanaya is not good.But MR and gang is worse.It would be a doom if any chance MR government elected.It is clear that international community doesn't want to deal with anyone who have criminal records.US,India and allies would isolate Srilanka like Iran,Iraq,Sriya..Srilankan people are intelligent when they elect a leader.


Definitely Srilankan bright future only by UNP with a new leader and single majority seats in parliament.

31Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
It is policies.it is not party politics.

32Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:59 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@soileconomy wrote:It is policies.it is not party politics.
UNP has better policies than MARA gang.Evenif MARA gang has good policies, they would be isolated from international community.Country will go to worse situation.Use brain.

33Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@soileconomy wrote:It is policies.it is not party politics.
UNP has better policies than MARA gang.Evenif MARA gang has good policies, they would be isolated from international community.Country will go to worse situation.Use brain.
Can you list good /bad policies

34Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@soileconomy wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@soileconomy wrote:It is policies.it is not party politics.
UNP has better policies than MARA gang.Evenif MARA gang has good policies, they would be isolated from international community.Country will go to worse situation.Use brain.
Can you list good /bad policies
Bad policies

-Killing people who ask drinking water

-Getting 10% commition from projects

-Killing journalists who writings opposing views

-Bombing media organisations

-Buying properties with black money in unknown names like malwana luxuary house,daisy archi's name,etc,etc

-.......

-..............

Good policies

-Gamperaliya

-Housing schemes in each elactorate

-New free trade sones

-Samurthi increased payment to poor

-Incentives(tax reduction) to export oriented companies

-....Could write more but no time

You could ask children they could teach you the differance if you cannot understand above.

35Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
@soileconomy wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@soileconomy wrote:It is policies.it is not party politics.
UNP has better policies than MARA gang.Evenif MARA gang has good policies, they would be isolated from international community.Country will go to worse situation.Use brain.
Can you list good /bad policies
Whoever comes to power would adopt a balanced foreign policy. hence, yahapalanaya's fear is baseless!


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

36Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:29 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@soileconomy wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@soileconomy wrote:It is policies.it is not party politics.
UNP has better policies than MARA gang.Evenif MARA gang has good policies, they would be isolated from international community.Country will go to worse situation.Use brain.
Can you list good /bad policies
Bad policies

-Killing people who ask drinking water

-Getting 10% commition from projects

-Killing journalists who writings opposing views

-Bombing media organisations

-Buying properties with black money in unknown names like malwana luxuary house,daisy archi's name,etc,etc

-.......

-..............

Good policies

-Gamperaliya

-Housing schemes in each elactorate

-New free trade sones

-Samurthi increased payment to poor

-Incentives(tax reduction) to export oriented companies

-....Could write more but no time

You could ask children they could teach you the differance if you cannot understand above.
Good policies.
Give utmost priority to national security
Development of infrastructure like roads...etc
Creating /improving methods to reduce the cost of electricity/fossil fuel
Stop selling of national assets to foreigners
Adopt a foreign policy of non bias and improving towards the friendly countries to us.
Have our own model solutions with our culture if any issue to be sorted out.

37Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:39 am

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
We have to find a new face. Thats only i believe


_________________




Teller said is said..

38Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 am

Winner123


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
With a new political party

39Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:53 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
The critics of a change in regime should realize that the turnaround of the CSE indices and the improvement in market activity in the recent times are in anticipation of political change. 
Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7X05Ei8vPIPCriVaJu9tv_jTxkB38kgjGEqr2aH0fHKdQFEfD7A

'Stock market bullish, anticipating political change'
('The Island' of 13th June 2019)
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=205750 


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

40Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:12 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:The critics of a change in regime should realize that the turnaround of the CSE indices and the improvement in market activity in the recent times are in anticipation of political change. 
Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7X05Ei8vPIPCriVaJu9tv_jTxkB38kgjGEqr2aH0fHKdQFEfD7A

'Stock market bullish, anticipating political change'
('The Island' of 13th June 2019)
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=205750 
Real change is not bring back old crooks.New faces/party who really love the country and take to next level.

China and India with so many languages and ethnic and prosper while our country with couple of language and ethnics groups fighting ourselves from independance. Need not to mention Malaysia,Singapore,etc

Will ever Srilankan elect a great leader.....This is the big question....

41Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:03 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:The critics of a change in regime should realize that the turnaround of the CSE indices and the improvement in market activity in the recent times are in anticipation of political change. 
Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7X05Ei8vPIPCriVaJu9tv_jTxkB38kgjGEqr2aH0fHKdQFEfD7A

'Stock market bullish, anticipating political change'
('The Island' of 13th June 2019)
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=205750 
Real change is not bring back old crooks.New faces/party who really love the country and take to next level.

China and India with so many languages and ethnic and prosper while our country with couple of language and ethnics groups fighting ourselves from independance. Need not to mention Malaysia,Singapore,etc

Will ever Srilankan elect a great leader.....This is the big question....
Remember a known Devil is better than an unknown angel. New faces also change when they sit on the hot seat and enjoy power.


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

42Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@samaritan wrote:The critics of a change in regime should realize that the turnaround of the CSE indices and the improvement in market activity in the recent times are in anticipation of political change. 
Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7X05Ei8vPIPCriVaJu9tv_jTxkB38kgjGEqr2aH0fHKdQFEfD7A

'Stock market bullish, anticipating political change'
('The Island' of 13th June 2019)
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=205750 
Real change is not bring back old crooks.New faces/party who really love the country and take to next level.

China and India with so many languages and ethnic and prosper while our country with couple of language and ethnics groups fighting ourselves from independance. Need not to mention Malaysia,Singapore,etc

Will ever Srilankan elect a great leader.....This is the big question....
Remember a known Devil is better than an unknown angel. New faces also change when they sit on the hot seat and enjoy power.
Then current government is better.

43Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:04 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
If not...
 they robbed  central bank that damaged economy more than 30 year war.
national security now which has gone to dogs.
Corruption which has gone to unprecedented level
Fulfilling the agendas of other countries which are not favorable to us.
Planning policies without knowing the ground situations.
Any many more....

44Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:24 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@soileconomy wrote:If not...
 they robbed  central bank that damaged economy more than 30 year war.
national security now which has gone to dogs.
Corruption which has gone to unprecedented level
Fulfilling the agendas of other countries which are not favorable to us.
Planning policies without knowing the ground situations.
Any many more....
Killing Thadjudin and make like accident

Killing journalist lasantha wikramatunga when he expose MIG corruption

Killing people when they ask drinking water

10% commission in projects

Illegal properties Malwana lucxury house,Daisy achchi's house etc.

Bombing media stations

Raping girls and party when it reach century

Killing foreigner and rape his partner with impunity

White van abduction for opposing views

No GSP+,Export ban on fish,etc,etc

..........................................

.........................................


.......................................

45Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:59 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
Malnourished children leading to the death of a child recently due to starvation was never heard of in the post independent era of Sri Lanka. What more Mr.Yahapalanaya???

Recent times you were over joyed b'cos of indices gaining being oblivious to the reasons for the upturn. 

From an investor perspective of the CSE it had been clearly demonstrated that even the slightest news of a regime change pushes indices high and when that sentiment fades the market declines.

You are only drilling holes in the very boat that you are sailing in. Its pathetic!


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

46Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:39 pm

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Yahapalanaya wrote:
@soileconomy wrote:If not...
 they robbed  central bank that damaged economy more than 30 year war.
national security now which has gone to dogs.
Corruption which has gone to unprecedented level
Fulfilling the agendas of other countries which are not favorable to us.
Planning policies without knowing the ground situations.
Any many more....
Killing Thadjudin and make like accident

Killing journalist lasantha wikramatunga when he expose MIG corruption

Killing people when they ask drinking water

10% commission in projects

Illegal properties Malwana lucxury house,Daisy achchi's house etc.

Bombing media stations

Raping girls and party when it reach century

Killing foreigner and rape his partner with impunity

White van abduction for opposing views

No GSP+,Export ban on fish,etc,etc

..........................................

.........................................


.......................................
first you are unable to hit my points and now you come with different old stories.
Now it is more than 4years they have come to power
Nothing has been proven.
I say Thajudeen was killed by ....lasantha by HF
Now those stories has no value
If they hold general election people will answer properly
Sri

47Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:59 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:Malnourished children leading to the death of a child recently due to starvation was never heard of in the post independent era of Sri Lanka. What more Mr.Yahapalanaya???

Recent times you were over joyed b'cos of indices gaining being oblivious to the reasons for the upturn. 

From an investor perspective of the CSE it had been clearly demonstrated that even the slightest news of a regime change pushes indices high and when that sentiment fades the market declines.

You are only drilling holes in the very boat that you are sailing in. Its pathetic!
Yes red days due to yahapalanaya and green days due to news of regime change.Great. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

48Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:59 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
Possibility of MS staying out of Presidential race and extending support to opposition candidate is good news to CSE.


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

49Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH – NOW GO HOME’: CARDINAL TELLS POLITICOS
Colombo’s Archbishop His Eminence Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith, said that all incumbent politicians should resign from their respective portfolios and should allow a new set of politicians to take over their tasks without any hindrance.
(source:'Daily Mirror' of today)


Unquote: This is what every citizen in Sri Lanka is yearning for. No doubt UNP had good caliber politicians at one time, but not anymore. Please get lost!!!


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

50Keep eye on Politics  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep eye on Politics Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:ENOUGH IS ENOUGH – NOW GO HOME’: CARDINAL TELLS POLITICOS
Colombo’s Archbishop His Eminence Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith, said that all incumbent politicians should resign from their respective portfolios and should allow a new set of politicians to take over their tasks without any hindrance.
(source:'Daily Mirror' of today)


Unquote: This is what every citizen in Sri Lanka is yearning for. No doubt UNP had good caliber politicians at one time, but not anymore. Please get lost!!!
I will give Lotus flower to Cardinal.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum