FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Today at 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:53 am

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

» RWSL - WATCH
by sureshot Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:39 am

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:14 am

» Cargills Bank PLC: Financial Status and Future Outlook
by God Father Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:48 pm

» EX-PACK CORRUGATED CARTONS PLC (PACK.N0000)
by C.THARANGA Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:19 pm

» Positive on Healthcare and Pharma Stocks
by nilantha suranga Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:25 pm

» LankaTAX: Sri Lanka's First-ever AI powered Assistant for Tax Evaluation and Compliance
by ChatGPT Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:41 pm

» LankaLAW; Sri Lanka's First-ever AI powered Assistant for Legal Research and Advise
by ChatGPT Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:34 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)



CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.


AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000)

+41
dmtmadusanka
abey
hasitha@CSE
gayanath1983
GameUP1030
Mubin Mustafa
fireshelter
Dinesh Madushanka
Sana
prebudda
kcrRanz
BullvsBear
kassachandi
D.G.Dayaratne
sapumal
monash
Sarabulathwita
cse_investor1
rangananwr
Roboticfx
Invest-Wise
Aubrey Perera
troy
AAABoy
Eng Krishantha
Dr Stock
SM2014
Market R
Invest_Wisely
cseguide
Jana1
traderathome
smallville
gamaya
seek
ccsentha
KDDND
kalum
sanju351
NUINTH
Chinwi
45 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Thu May 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

nirowat wrote:Anybody know the progress of Citrus Waskaduwa ?


Since many of our members were interested about the progress of Waskaduwa Beach Resort of Citrus (CITW - REEF ) I write few lines here.:

The site clearing and foundation excavation work started in January last year . 2012.
The construction is handled by George Stuart Engineering.  Concrete is made in site in their batching and mixing plant.

Most  of the superstructure (reinforce concreting ) is completed now.  It has a very long and wide unpolluted nice beach front.
There are no much local beach users.
Many have sold their lands to hotels.

Boys, that hotel is much bigger than I thought. !
WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Waskad10

As per my little experience in Middle East Hotel construction, their progress in 15 months is quite satisfactory.

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Waskad11


Interior cladding and walls in progress in Ground and 1st floors.


WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Waskad12

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Waskad13
The area has clean and wide beach front



WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Waskad14


WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Waskad15
Location: The Citrus Waskaduwa is next to Aitken Spence "Sands"  and Sands is also under expansion, building a new wing in adjoining land.



Last edited by Chinwi on Fri May 03, 2013 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

NUINTH


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi Chinwi, thank you very much for the update about CITW. Cleared all hassle. I have few thousand shares of CITK, CITW & Reef. W19 as a investment bought good price. Will see what's happening next 2-3 years. No need to hurry.

sanju351

sanju351
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

NUINTH wrote:Hi Chinwi, thank you very much for the update about CITW. Cleared all hassle. I have few thousand shares of CITK, CITW & Reef. W19 as a investment bought good price. Will see what's happening next 2-3 years. No need to hurry.

Thank you for the great post

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi Chinwi. Thanks for these information. im really interest in CIT_ shares. Smile

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thx Chiniwi! thats cool help! happy see the photos...... CITW like moving well! cheers

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

in CSE only, stocks are bought and sold of a hotel, even before the hotel is in operation. Currently CITW doesn't do any other business.

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Thanks Chinwi, for the commitment. Did u visit the site?

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

seek wrote:Thanks Chinwi, for the commitment. Did u visit the site?

As usual. I always try to get first hand info before investing in large quantities.
You should go around the area talk with locals , chat workers at lower levels to get a clear picture of the company you are going to buy.

Sorry I published only the images that anyone can take.



WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Citw_m10
This is the location in Google.
- Google is not updated to show the buildings. -

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Citw_a10
After the completion of Airport Link and Outer Colombo Circular roads this location will get quick access from the Airport along E1 Highway via Bandaragama .


The famous train station "Train Halt No.1 " is close by.

කාලයකට ඉහත අතීතයේ මෙතන දුම්රිය නැවතුම් පලක් හදල එම ස්ටේෂන් එකට පොතුපිටිය ලෙස නම තිබ්බම වස්කඩුවේ මිනිස්සු විරෝධය පෑවා . වස්කඩුව ලෙස නම් කරන්න ගියාම පොතුපිටියේ අය සන්ඩු කලා . ස්ටේෂන් එකේ නමට පොතුපිටියේ හා වස්කඩුවේ මිනිස්සු සැහෙන කාලයක් ගහ ගත්ත .
අන්තිමේදී "නොම්මර එකේ දුම්රිය පොළ" කියල නිල වශයෙන් නම තිබ්බ !



Last edited by Chinwi on Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total

gamaya


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Wow, thanks Chinwi, cleared a lot of doubts.

10WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Fri May 03, 2013 11:34 am

kalum


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

ccsentha wrote:in CSE only, stocks are bought and sold of a hotel, even before the hotel is in operation. Currently CITW doesn't do any other business.

true but i dont think it's a problem. As far as i see, it's better to be first than last if there is a opportunity. but if you are unlucky become first will be unprofitable. "issella uyapu batha mulin ma pilinu una wage'.. but that is the risk we are taking no?

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

ccsentha wrote:in CSE only, stocks are bought and sold of a hotel, even before the hotel is in operation. Currently CITW doesn't do any other business.

Do not worry.
You can buy running hotels like AHUN, RENU, HUNA, TAJ if you do not like bear lands.

They were trading at introductory prices decades ago , we were not in a position to buy shares those days. Now we do not have enough money to buy them at current rates.

Hence , we buy bear lands at 50% discount.

CITW owners paid 10/- per share 2 1/2 years ago and public paid 12/- one and half year ago. Now the hotel is in construction level we buy at 50% discount.
No offense. Just a different view. Smile

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

In CSE bear lands trade without hotels but at least with CITW, we see a hotel being built now..
When the hotel started its operations, hype will take it to the levels that we cant buy it shares.. So better late than worry know?

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

did any1 notice the 5-0 pattern that triggered the entry around 6.9.

traderathome

traderathome
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

for CITK the price must fall to 7rs to trigger BUY Very Happy

i am seeing big BUY order @ 8rs. silent

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:
ccsentha wrote:in CSE only, stocks are bought and sold of a hotel, even before the hotel is in operation. Currently CITW doesn't do any other business.

Do not worry.
You can buy running hotels like AHUN, RENU, HUNA, TAJ if you do not like bear lands.

They were trading at introductory prices decades ago , we were not in a position to buy shares those days. Now we do not have enough money to buy them at current rates.

Hence , we buy bear lands at 50% discount.

CITW owners paid 10/- per share 2 1/2 years ago and public paid 12/- one and half year ago. Now the hotel is in construction level we buy at 50% discount.
No offense. Just a different view. Smile

Thanks for your post.. Just I wanna clarify 1 thing,

Ididn't go more depth with CITK and CITW ipo prospectus. Why CITK's introductory price was 17 and CITW was 12 whilst both has same asset value? And y do u prefer CITW over CITK as both expected dates are by 2015 (according to prospectus)

seek


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Jana1 wrote:
Chinwi wrote:
ccsentha wrote:in CSE only, stocks are bought and sold of a hotel, even before the hotel is in operation. Currently CITW doesn't do any other business.

Do not worry.
You can buy running hotels like AHUN, RENU, HUNA, TAJ if you do not like bear lands.

They were trading at introductory prices decades ago , we were not in a position to buy shares those days. Now we do not have enough money to buy them at current rates.

Hence , we buy bear lands at 50% discount.

CITW owners paid 10/- per share 2 1/2 years ago and public paid 12/- one and half year ago. Now the hotel is in construction level we buy at 50% discount.
No offense. Just a different view. Smile

Thanks for your post.. Just I wanna clarify 1 thing,

Ididn't go more depth with CITK and CITW ipo prospectus. Why CITK's introductory price was 17 and CITW was 12 whilst both has same asset value? And y do u prefer CITW over CITK as both expected dates are by 2015 (according to prospectus)

Although I don't have any of CIT* shares in my PF, I think CITK has the unique value due to the location. There are plenty of beach hotels but how many in Kalpitty with Villas.

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Jana1 wrote:
Thanks for your post.. Just I wanna clarify 1 thing,

Ididn't go more depth with CITK and CITW ipo prospectus. Why CITK's introductory price was 17 and CITW was 12 whilst both has same asset value? And y do u prefer CITW over CITK as both expected dates are by 2015 (according to prospectus)

You are correct, in both, promoters paid 10/- per share.
Without going into specific details we can see Kalpitiya is a huge project compared to Waskaduwa, although their estimated costs are same.

At the time of IPOs CITK had more interest & value than CITW..They showed a good u/r capital gain from CLND investment for CITK. CITW had nothing like that.

I think the real value is in the extent of the land, costs of lands and different in their long term prospects.

CITW build on 8 acres, CITK has 80 Acres. It is very difficult to find that much of land in a beachfront anywhere in the region.

At Waskaduwa they paid approx. 300,000 per perch. For Kalpitiya the land was bought @ 30,000 per perch.

I think if you revalue 80 acres in Kalpitiya after they developed it into a star class hotel area you get higher value addition. They have the land to build and sell 50 villas in addition to 150 room hotel in CITK.

And y do u prefer CITW over CITK as both expected dates are by 2015


Although they planned that way, now we know Waskaduwa will be in operation about 2 years before Kalpitiya.

Hence, -if not CLND factor- we can forget CITK and buy CITW expecting a fair return in about 1 year and then go to CITK when they start clearing the jungle and removing the cow-dung in that marshy land.

Due this unusual CLND investment, people expect a sudden impact on CITK even before they start construction.
Because of that, now I want to hold both in equal quantities.

Personal answer to the same question is , I got unrealized return from CITK due to recent price appreciation, I sold part of that and settled the broker credit I utilized to buy CITW last month.


---

NOTE:
Due to the circumstances I talked much about this REEF group here and there. Please note my main interests are with some other stocks and I do not allocate over 15% of my funds for any particular group of companies.

Jana1


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:
Jana1 wrote:
Thanks for your post.. Just I wanna clarify 1 thing,

Ididn't go more depth with CITK and CITW ipo prospectus. Why CITK's introductory price was 17 and CITW was 12 whilst both has same asset value? And y do u prefer CITW over CITK as both expected dates are by 2015 (according to prospectus)

You are correct, in both, promoters paid 10/- per share.
Without going into specific details we can see Kalpitiya is a huge project compared to Waskaduwa, although their estimated costs are same.

At the time of IPOs CITK had more interest & value than CITW..They showed a good u/r capital gain from CLND investment for CITK. CITW had nothing like that.

I think the real value is in the extent of the land, costs of lands and different in their long term prospects.

CITW build on 8 acres, CITK has 80 Acres. It is very difficult to find that much of land in a beachfront anywhere in the region.

At Waskaduwa they paid approx. 300,000 per perch. For Kalpitiya the land was bought @ 30,000 per perch.

I think if you revalue 80 acres in Kalpitiya after they developed it into a star class hotel area you get higher value addition. They have the land to build and sell 50 villas in addition to 150 room hotel in CITK.

And y do u prefer CITW over CITK as both expected dates are by 2015


Although they planned that way, now we know Waskaduwa will be in operation about 2 years before Kalpitiya.

Hence, -if not CLND factor- we can forget CITK and buy CITW expecting a fair return in about 1 year and then go to CITK when they start clearing the jungle and removing the cow-dung in that marshy land.

Due this unusual CLND investment, people expect a sudden impact on CITK even before they start construction.
Because of that, now I want to hold both in equal quantities.

Personal answer to the same question is , I got unrealized return from CITK due to recent price appreciation, I sold part of that and settled the broker credit I utilized to buy CITW last month.


---

NOTE:
Due to the circumstances I talked much about this REEF group here and there. Please note my main interests are with some other stocks and I do not allocate over 15% of my funds for any particular group of companies.

Thank you so much... Very useful review.. According to u, CITK still haven't started its project..I got to put these companies in my visual to grab some quantities....

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

tnks chinwi

20WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 am

KDDND

KDDND
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thx guys n gals ... giving good discussions n information, some investing strategies too.... Smile Im learning from your point of views n analytical strategies....... cheers

21WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Sat May 04, 2013 12:26 am

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

kalum wrote:
ccsentha wrote:in CSE only, stocks are bought and sold of a hotel, even before the hotel is in operation. Currently CITW doesn't do any other business.

true but i dont think it's a problem. As far as i see, it's better to be first than last if there is a opportunity. but if you are unlucky become first will be unprofitable. "issella uyapu batha mulin ma pilinu una wage'.. but that is the risk we are taking no?

building a hotel is one thing, efficiently managing it to generate profits is another. Ideally Profits should be increasing with time, even if the micro economics are not in favor of the business, still making profits is talent(by reducing cost, etc...) this is what we find with good companies. Identifying such companies is very difficult. Identifying it before it has even started it's business is close to impossible.

22WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Sat May 04, 2013 12:28 am

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:
ccsentha wrote:in CSE only, stocks are bought and sold of a hotel, even before the hotel is in operation. Currently CITW doesn't do any other business.

Do not worry.
You can buy running hotels like AHUN, RENU, HUNA, TAJ if you do not like bear lands.

They were trading at introductory prices decades ago , we were not in a position to buy shares those days. Now we do not have enough money to buy them at current rates.

Hence , we buy bear lands at 50% discount.

CITW owners paid 10/- per share 2 1/2 years ago and public paid 12/- one and half year ago. Now the hotel is in construction level we buy at 50% discount.
No offense. Just a different view. Smile

if the company makes a loss in 1 year will is still be 50% discount?
once the hotel is in operation and if it doesn't make profits, the price of stock would come down even further...??

23WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 am

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:In CSE bear lands trade without hotels but at least with CITW, we see a hotel being built now..
When the hotel started its operations, hype will take it to the levels that we cant buy it shares.. So better late than worry know?

generally hotels don't make profits in their early days, do they? it takes some time/years for their occupancy rate to go up, isn't it? during this period share price can come further down ne?

24WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Sat May 04, 2013 10:11 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

ccsentha wrote:
generally hotels don't make profits in their early days, do they? it takes some time/years for their occupancy rate to go up, isn't it? during this period share price can come further down ne?

You are very correct. You cannot expect good profits in first few years.
That risk is there for the people who buy at IPO or even now. See their cashflow plan, they have shown it in writing. Actually the biggest risk is for the promoters.* ( *- see note)

But, we are not relying on EPS only - for this kind of medium and long term investments.
When a marshy land is converted into a star class functioning hotel there can be many interested parties , funds, big tour operators etc. coming in and they look in long term prospective. Even many times of Current Price could become attractive for them , compared to other similar hotels in the region. ( Ceylon - Goa - Thai - Bali ... )

I am talking about long term. There can be short term opportunities as well.
Somehow, those who invest in this kind of stocks should know they are targeting long range.

-----

* Note:

In many cases we see the promoters issue bonus shares, revalue badly, do many 'jil-mart' to increase their holding free of cost and lower their cost per share to few Rupees before issuing shares to public at higher prices.

( Eg.DIAL . Malaysian Owners issued millions of bonus shares to themselves and then they sold those zero cost shares to us @ 12/- in the IPO . - a daylight robbery. How foolish we were , the issue was oversubscribed within hours. I did not buy a single DIAL IPO share in protest. )

w.r.t. CITW they did not do such a thing. Promoters paid 10/- and year later they issued IPO @ 12/- . Very reasonable.



25WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Sat May 04, 2013 10:44 am

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:
ccsentha wrote:
generally hotels don't make profits in their early days, do they? it takes some time/years for their occupancy rate to go up, isn't it? during this period share price can come further down ne?

You are very correct. You cannot expect good profits in first few years.
That risk is there for the people who buy at IPO or even now. See their cashflow plan, they have shown it in writing. Actually the biggest risk is for the promoters.* ( *- see note)

But, we are not relying on EPS only - for this kind of medium and long term investments.
When a marshy land is converted into a star class functioning hotel there can be many interested parties , funds, big tour operators etc. coming in and they look in long term prospective. Even many times of Current Price could become attractive for them , compared to other similar hotels in the region. ( Ceylon - Goa - Thai - Bali ... )

I am talking about long term. There can be short term opportunities as well.
Somehow, those who invest in this kind of stocks should know they are targeting long range.

-----

* Note:

In many cases we see the promoters issue bonus shares, revalue badly, do many 'jil-mart' to increase their holding free of cost and lower their cost per share to few Rupees before issuing shares to public at higher prices.

( Eg.DIAL . Malaysian Owners issued millions of bonus shares to themselves and then they sold those zero cost shares to us @ 12/- in the IPO . - a daylight robbery. How foolish we were , the issue was oversubscribed within hours. I did not buy a single DIAL IPO share in protest. )

w.r.t. CITW they did not do such a thing. Promoters paid 10/- and year later they issued IPO @ 12/- . Very reasonable.


mmm....

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum