FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Yesterday at 11:00 am

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Yesterday at 8:51 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Yesterday at 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by kasunkumara Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:41 pm

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:19 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by nilantha suranga Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

» LOLC Group's stunning performance goes beyond numbers!
by bkasun Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:21 pm

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:39 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:33 pm

» Will CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC (CTC.N0000) delist from the CSE?
by rajithasahan Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:40 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by smallinvestor Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:50 pm

» ලොව වැඩිම පොලී ගෙවන රට බවට ශ්‍රි ලංකාව පත් වෙයි
by Beyondsenses Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Suspension of Parate Execution: Impact to Banking Sector Shares
by God Father Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:15 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 pm

» Excellent Report pending From CTC (Keep eye on CTC )
by ddrperera Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:11 pm

» Investor Alert: Sri Lanka Stock Brokering Mafia Strongly Active!
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:29 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC (WAPO.N0000)

+27
balaharuwa
stockback
4Corners
megadeal
dumifer
omegaplus
Chinwi
Cricketman
Vacations To Sri Lanka
nimantha80
EquityChamp
Teller
Beta1
Jaya sri
sanjulanka
Yahapalanaya
King_Parakumba
Melissa Pereira
Market R
Dinuk
lasantha11111
monash
Sarabulathwita
Eng Krishantha
ASjay
Jana
sanju351
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC (WAPO.N0000) Empty GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC (WAPO.N0000) Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:45 am

sanju351

sanju351
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Interest is seen in WAPO ??

Any reason ?

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

sanju351 wrote:Interest is seen in WAPO ??

Any reason ?  

Wapo can move with CINV , GUAR trend but may be selling can be come ,, if any one not collect

ASjay

ASjay
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Jana wrote:

Any reason ?  

Wapo can move with CINV , GUAR trend but may be selling can be come ,, if any one not collect

Though There is a Tendency for WAPO to Move with CINV and GUAR WAPO's last quarter earnings have a Substantial Gain by divesting the portfolio. If you take that Out It's Overvalued.
CINV and GUAR training PE is 7.82 and 9.06 at the current Price Level. and with Market Moving up I think there September Quarterly Statement Will be Good. So I will Invest in CINV and GUAR.

(My Target Price on CINV is 130 and GUAR around 250, and Hope to Divest After September Quarterly Statements)

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

ASjay wrote:
Jana wrote:

Any reason ?  

Though There is a Tendency for WAPO to Move with CINV and GUAR WAPO's last quarter earnings have a Substantial Gain by divesting the portfolio. If you take that Out It's Overvalued.
CINV and GUAR training PE is 7.82 and 9.06 at the current Price Level. and with Market Moving up I think there September Quarterly Statement Will be Good. So I will Invest in CINV and GUAR.

(My Target Price on CINV is 130 and GUAR around 250, and Hope to Divest After September Quarterly Statements)

yes...
i agreed..
CINV can be reached 125....

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Apo Shocked

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

Y?...

monash

monash

WAPO will continue the momentum on Friday and can cross Rs.50 tommorow.. This is a share we should trade with technical mindset.

It doesn't have any fundemental backing at the moment. But manipulaters doesn't care about fundementals.. Very Happy

monash

monash

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC 
Company ID: - WAPO 
Date of Announcement: - 16.Sep.2014 
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 0.50 per share (Which would not be subject to the Dividend Tax of 10%) / 1st Interim Dividend 
Financial Year: - 2014/2015 
XD: - 25.Sep.2014 
Payment: - 06.Oct.2014 

lasantha11111

Manager - Equity Analytics

wapo dunna divided eka godakma adui neda...
share eka newathath 41-42 range ekata evi neda...

Dinuk

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

monash wrote:GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC 
Company ID: - WAPO 
Date of Announcement: - 16.Sep.2014 
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 0.50 per share (Which would not be subject to the Dividend Tax of 10%) / 1st Interim Dividend 
Financial Year: - 2014/2015 
XD: - 25.Sep.2014 
Payment: - 06.Oct.2014 

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Its 1st Interim Dividend and can expect more dividents in this financial year. Its good that if they invest on new projects and divelopments without dividents. Then we can get better profits than dividents sooner than later.

Melissa Pereira

Guardian Capital Partner’s recorded a profit of Rs. 184.2 mn for the financial year 2014/2015, a substantial increase over the Rs. 15.5 mn generated last financial year.
The improvement was mainly driven by the profits realized on the divestments of holdings in two investments the company had. The NAV per share also increased to Rs. 25.41 from Rs. 22.56 during the financial year 2014/15.
The company believes the private equity market to be gaining traction, albeit at a very slow pace. Gaining comfort and awareness of a new method of financing by entrepreneurs and the development of the eco system necessary to support the asset class takes time, especially in developing countries such as Sri Lanka.
The rapid rise in popularity of private equity in emerging and frontier markets over the last decade skipped Sri Lanka due to the 30 year war.
But with the end of the war have seen some of the largest and most respected global private equity players and investors committing funds into Sri Lanka. During the last financial year two pioneering Sri Lanka focused private equity funds were launched with a capital of US$ 80 mn.
A bulk of the funds came from foreign investors, signalling their confidence and prospects they see in Sri Lanka. Further the company sees various aspects of the eco system also emerging; the increase in angel and venture capital investment activity is one such prime example. The above coupled with increase in economic activity will invariably filter through to improved private equity activity in the medium term, as seen in other markets. Sri Lanka has seen increased interest by SMEs to list their companies on the CSE.
The path to listing ideally should be an evolutionary one, and this is where private equity is accepted globally to be the most suited means of ensuring a smooth transition to listed status. 

• Courtesy: Daily News 25 May 2015

13GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC (WAPO.N0000) Empty WAPO Will make winners Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:13 am

King_Parakumba

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hello my dear fellow investors..... I am fascinated to see the wealth of information you have on trading shares in CSE.. I am 100% sure most of you dont care about fundamentals or growth of a company just trading on speculation/news/rumors....

What a lovely bunch of people If I was here a few months ago I could have made millions... But dont forget I won't let you down... I will get in to the bus first and then ask you to hop in... So you will lose only a few rupees Wink Wink Its a win win....

My two cents on wapo;
WAPO just like HEXP was all set to break 60+ back in May. But the ASI hampered our opportunity...

We spent a very bad but successful two months holding on to our holdings that we got in to from 38 to 44..... Avg is not 42 becuase some accounts we have at 38 and for some 40, 41,42....

When riding a share its all about crowd behavior.... What ever said and done when a share is moving no one can wait without touching it (specially the young/ unskilled traders) this is where the opportunity comes for us... We take it 2 rupees up and let it be there like no one is ever interested... so the selling comes in for us to grab them... So with wapo our bags are full and ready to go our journey above 60 once again... Our initial traget was 75+ but with a signs of bull market we are hoping to go beyond 80...

NOTE: I ADVICE YOU TO START SELLING YOUR HOLDINGS BELOW 80 BE CAUSE WHEN REACHING THE PRE SET TARGET PRICES THERE WILL BE A LOT OF SELLING... HENCE IT IS ALWAYS SAFE TO GET OUT BEFORE THE RUMORED PRICE...

BUT STILL YOU WILL BE A WINNER WITH WAPO,,, BUY ARUND 44-46 SELL WITHIN 70-75... WIN WIN FOR ALL OF US...

Regards,
KP

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya

King_Parakumba wrote:Hello my dear fellow investors..... I am fascinated to see the wealth of information you have on trading shares in CSE.. I am 100% sure most of you dont care about fundamentals or growth of a company just trading on speculation/news/rumors....

What a lovely bunch of people If I was here a few months ago I could have made millions... But dont forget I won't let you down... I will get in to the bus first and then ask you to hop in... So you will lose only a few rupees Wink Wink Its a win win....

My two cents on wapo;
WAPO just like HEXP was all set to break 60+ back in May. But the ASI hampered our opportunity...

We spent a very bad but successful two months holding on to our holdings that we got in to from 38 to 44..... Avg is not 42 becuase some accounts we have at 38 and for some 40, 41,42....

When riding a share its all about crowd behavior.... What ever said and done when a share is moving no one can wait without touching it (specially the young/ unskilled traders) this is where the opportunity comes for us... We take it 2 rupees up and let it be there like no one is ever interested... so the selling comes in for us to grab them... So with wapo our bags are full and ready to go our journey above 60 once again... Our initial traget was 75+ but with a signs of bull market we are hoping to go beyond 80...

NOTE: I ADVICE YOU TO START SELLING YOUR HOLDINGS BELOW 80 BE CAUSE WHEN REACHING THE PRE SET TARGET PRICES THERE WILL BE A LOT OF SELLING... HENCE IT IS ALWAYS SAFE TO GET OUT BEFORE THE RUMORED PRICE...

BUT STILL YOU WILL BE A WINNER WITH WAPO,,, BUY ARUND 44-46 SELL WITHIN 70-75... WIN WIN FOR ALL OF US...

Regards,
KP
KP has taken retired Karuna's job... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sanjulanka

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Basketball Basketball Basketball

Jaya sri

sanjulanka wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Basketball Basketball Basketball
Wapo above 50 levl soon

Beta1

Beta1

All Technical indicators show STRONG BUY recommendation - WAPO 
GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC (WAPO.N0000) Wapo13GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC (WAPO.N0000) Wapo_212

King_Parakumba

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hello my dear fellow investors...

I was out on holiday with my friends on Bali,Indonesia... If you work hard and earn a lot you should spend it giving yourself a good time... Bali was of course nice just landed today in the morning but what happens in Bali stays in Bali Wink

Back to business from tomorrow... I see Wapo has come down with very low volumes... A lot who were in this were on holiday and was a good time to show that no one is interested on this share so the panic sellers would fill any of our GTC orders at the bottom...  Read the charts and you will understand,,, price appreciated with big volumes where as it came down on Friday and Monday on this volumes...

My orders were at 40 and 42 but looks like no one has sold anything at those levels...

Those stories aside, my friends, good days are ahead.. time to be active in the market once again...

WAPO like I said before is a main target of many players in the market... all of their bags are full and will take this share on a ride... If you are wise you will get in at the correct time and get out as I mentioned in my previous post, at the right time....

Regards,
KP.

Teller

Teller

We have to think twice what kind of core businesses it has?
Still I don't feel much better reasons to Buy WAPO except it's illiquidity.
Better to wait for their next financials . how ever that's my personal view

King_Parakumba

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hello my dear friends.. You should see some activity on wapo order book. Just a reminder on my first post.. Don't worry if you are holding! worry if you do not have it in your portfolio!

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

King_Parakumba wrote:Hello my dear friends.. You should see some activity on wapo order book. Just a reminder on my first post.. Don't worry if you are holding! worry if you do not have it in your portfolio!

We are watching how you are going to be different than other stock brokers in this forum Very Happy

nimantha80

onna yatin denawa neda

Vacations To Sri Lanka

Vacations To Sri Lanka

Only Chicken  stocks for nex 2 , 3 days

Teller

Teller

WAPO financial is a disaster one compare to last year.
700% profit down . quarterly result also same down turn . EPS from 7/- rupee to cents.
Only advantage is illiquidity only .
Should trade around 20 levels.
Ref WAPO financials

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/612_1464692784882.03.2016.pdf

judecroos likes this post

Cricketman

This is 31 March noh.
Anyway if anyone buy on techs not to worry too much on financials.
This quarter results also won't be that good as mkt was bearish last few months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum