FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good chance for Meat importers

+6
jaya
Junior investor
Kaish86
Kipling
Mithooshan
vikey
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Good chance for Meat importers Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:35 pm

vikey

Manager - Equity Analytics

Government plans to ban cattle slaughter. It will be good chance for meat importers no?

2Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:13 am

Mithooshan

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

It depends on what the govt. is trying to achieve by banning cattle slaughter. It just doesn’t make any sense if they import more meat from abroad making a deficit for the balance of payment after banning in-house.

Logically it shouldn’t be the case. This government will not try to increase imports from what i understand so far of the decisions made. This decision is made with regards to the values of this nation where the majority is again slaughtering cattle/cows, whatever you call it.

vikey and judecroos like this post

3Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:19 am

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Yes. As a strict Buddhist I find meat consumption repulsive & especially cattle slaughter which is done in the most barbaric way. (Imagine slitting animal throat & saying prayers). However the economic aspect needs consideration as sadly many Buddhists still eat beef.

vikey likes this post

agentnrox and Baba2020 dislike this post

4Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:55 am

Kaish86

No logic. Not slaughtering in SL but importing which means we are indirectly supporting slaughtering elsewhere. how does the sin become less if it is slaughtered outside SL. I don't see genuiness in the move since anyway consumption happens in this land.

Seems this is to turn the attention from choka malli case. Also one top guy already may have negotiated with a exporter. After all it is very big commission you know.

vikey, agentnrox and Mithooshan like this post

5Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:59 am

vikey

All the Governments are against the logic no 😂

6Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:53 am

Junior investor

Junior investor

kanish86 I agree with you but I think those countries would slaughter animals even if we all became vegetarians.

7Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:30 am

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Kipling wrote:Yes. As a strict Buddhist I find meat consumption repulsive & especially cattle slaughter which is done in the most barbaric way. (Imagine slitting animal throat & saying prayers). However the economic aspect needs consideration as sadly many Buddhists still eat beef.

Buddhist is not a Hindu

8Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:59 am

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Junior investor wrote:kanish86 I agree with you but I think those countries would slaughter animals even if we all became vegetarians.

But then the demand will be decreased and the less lives will be taken ryt?

9Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:47 am

Kipling

Expert
Expert

True Jaya. But as you know these are 2 religions  that have been known for harmonious coexistence. Even in Buddhism meat consumption prohibited though not all practice even in SL.

10Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Junior investor

Junior investor

@ kavindu
yes but srilanka's small population can not do significant impact over world slaughter. and another thing is why just cows, what about chicken pigs .....etc

11Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:21 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM

Kipling wrote:True Jaya. But as you know these are 2 religions  that have been known for harmonious coexistence. Even in Buddhism meat consumption prohibited though not all practice even in SL.

Meat consumption isn't prohibited in Buddhism. Even monks have a choice whether consume meat or not right?

12Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Kavindu 
Thank you for the response. I soo look forward to your replies. To the best of my knowledge it is as per pure doctrine. Though practice poor. See liquor. Any news on our project. Children growing fast.

13Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:28 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM

Junior investor wrote:@ kavindu
yes but srilanka's small population can not do significant impact over world slaughter. and another thing is why just cows, what about chicken pigs .....etc

Yes but at least a single life will be spared.Yes they all are animals. 

However i'm not against meat consumption.I think it is just a choice that humans got. As we can't say that trees and plants doesn't has a life. They are also living beings. But some humans are not sensitive enough to see their lives. Otherwise there won't be that much so called vegetarians and vegans. Just being vegetarian is pointless.

14Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:32 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

ආන්ඩුව විසින් මස් සදහා ගව ගාතනය නැවැත්වීමත් සමගම මිනිස්සු වැඩි වශයෙන් යොමු වෙන්නේ කුකුල් මස් පරිබෝජනයටයි. එම් නිසා කුකුල් පාලනයේ යෙදෙන ආයතන වලට උපරිම වයාපාර අවස්තා උදාවේ. ඒ වගේම ඉදිරියට එන උත්සව කලයේ (දෙසැම්බර්) වල අලෙවිය ඉතාම ඉහල යාවි. එමනිසා  BFL, TAFL,GRAN වල කොටස් කෙරෙයි හිත යොමු කරන්න. මෙය කොටස් මිලදී ගැනීමට උත්තේජයයක් නොවේ.

15Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:33 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM

MarketResearch wrote:ආන්ඩුව විසින් මස් සදහා ගව ගාතනය නැවැත්වීමත් සමගම මිනිස්සු වැඩි වශයෙන් යොමු වෙන්නේ කුකුල් මස් පරිබෝජනයටයි. එම් නිසා කුකුල් පාලනයේ යෙදෙන ආයතන වලට උපරිම වයාපාර අවස්තා උදාවේ. ඒ වගේම ඉදිරියට එන උත්සව කලයේ (දෙසැම්බර්) වල අලෙවිය ඉතාම ඉහල යාවි. එමනිසා  BFL, TAFL,GRAN වල කොටස් කෙරෙයි හිත යොමු කරන්න. මෙය කොටස් මිලදී ගැනීමට උත්තේජයයක් නොවේ.

Why do you post it twice otherwise it's not a buy recommendation? 😂
(No offence)

16Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:45 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch

KavinduTM wrote:
MarketResearch wrote:ආන්ඩුව විසින් මස් සදහා ගව ගාතනය නැවැත්වීමත් සමගම මිනිස්සු වැඩි වශයෙන් යොමු වෙන්නේ කුකුල් මස් පරිබෝජනයටයි. එම් නිසා කුකුල් පාලනයේ යෙදෙන ආයතන වලට උපරිම වයාපාර අවස්තා උදාවේ. ඒ වගේම ඉදිරියට එන උත්සව කලයේ (දෙසැම්බර්) වල අලෙවිය ඉතාම ඉහල යාවි. එමනිසා  BFL, TAFL,GRAN වල කොටස් කෙරෙයි හිත යොමු කරන්න. මෙය කොටස් මිලදී ගැනීමට උත්තේජයයක් නොවේ.

(No offence)

Sir, I didn't see this thread when I place my original post. Sir, shall I remove one?  Very Happy

17Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:23 pm

cheetah

Yes agree. They may consider to import beef. Out of these 3 TAFL and GRAN is the best. BFL is making loss.Good chance for Meat importers  Icon

redcap likes this post

18Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:36 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM

MarketResearch wrote:
KavinduTM wrote:

(No offence)

Sir, I didn't see this thread when I place my original post. Sir, shall I remove one?  Very Happy

Hahah no, it's okay son 😂

19Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Eranga87

cheetah wrote:
Yes agree. They may consider to import beef. Out of these 3 TAFL and GRAN is the best. BFL is making loss.Good chance for Meat importers  Icon

BFL N 000

BFL is continuously profit-earned except 2019/2020 FY( see 10years Finacial summary). they implement a business restructuring process previous year, it will give benefit in the next financial year.
BFL issued less no of shares(16Mn) than GRAN & TAFL. nearly 12Mn shares hold among the top 20 shareholders and few shares have in the market. BFL has a chance to move.

20Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:50 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM

Kipling wrote:Kavindu 
Thank you for the response. I soo look forward to your replies. To the best of my knowledge it is as per pure doctrine. Though practice poor. See liquor. Any news on our project. Children growing fast.

Pure doctrine is dead. Not only Buddhism, all other religions are thousands of years old. How much do you think these religions are being edited for these thousands of years due to many reasons. (For an example I've heard that a religion group in India had to add some extraordinary things to Buddhism such as some powers to Buddha to sustain in India over religions such as Hindu,Jain with superpowers and extraordinary things/powers/gods)

So it's nearly impossible to seek out the pure doctrine. In my opinion humans doesn't need to follow any religion. We all have a brain inside our head. Why do we need some statements of a book to tell whether it is good or bad. We can make our own decisions. Also don't think that countries without a religions are suffering. They are leading the world. No matter whether we are Buddhists, Catholics, Islamic or Hindus. But the important fact is we all are humans. Nowadays people are divided by religion and that's just bad. Religions are just a cancer to humans.

vikey, svkiruba8@gmail.com, Junior investor, agentnrox and Keshav like this post

21Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:50 pm

Kipling

Expert
Expert

Dear Kavindu 
As always intelligence & superior analysis shines through your post. 
I appreciate many of your points. The problem is not with religion per se. The manner in which it has been deployed to serve personal agendas has created the problem. 
I will continue my robust Buddhist practice as it gives me a tremendous anchor. 
Please follow up on our project.

22Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:23 pm

jaya

KavinduTM wrote:
Kipling wrote:True Jaya. But as you know these are 2 religions  that have been known for harmonious coexistence. Even in Buddhism meat consumption prohibited though not all practice even in SL.

Meat consumption isn't prohibited in Buddhism. Even monks have a choice whether consume meat or not right?
Don’t take this matter seriously, only Political drama just to overlay some other di***sting hot news (Executioner to law maker) and never it will be happened.
If it bans god bless milking industry and Village base milking farmers. What and how could cater growth of male cows, most of farmers/Industries cover the losses buy selling male cow for meat.
Other hand life time feeding of male cow will be additional cost to the industry.
I know specially steering head of economy ( BR ) will never get decision by emotions than facts.

KavinduTM and judecroos like this post

23Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Eranga87

The Government announced today (10)that the decision on the ‘cattle slaughter’ has been postponed. The Prime Minister will decide when and how to formally submit the proposal to the cabinet to ban cattle slaughter.

better to exit time..

24Good chance for Meat importers  Empty Re: Good chance for Meat importers Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:38 pm

vikey

The decision to bring a bill against cattle slaughter has been postponed until October. Minister Kehalia said

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum