FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Today at 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Today at 12:00 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Today at 10:39 am

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Yesterday at 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Yesterday at 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Yesterday at 11:29 am

» This week's CBOT corn, soy freefalls hard to match in recent years
by target1 Yesterday at 9:57 am

» Positive news to boost market sentiment
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:52 am

» Maharaja at IMF meeting
by Maharaja Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

» India assures fullest support to Sri Lanka as a close friend
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

» SINS, SAMP, COMB, PARQ, ALUMEX and AEL - are they good shares to start collecting now?
by surfjj Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

» Learn how a fixed exchange rate system can be used to reduce inflation.
by target1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

» Debt Crisis: Sri Lanka Vs Argentine
by CHRONICLE™ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

» Sri Lanka in state of panic 1 month after sovereign default
by reyaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm

» Financial stability - we are at the crossroads.
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

» Shrinkflation: Is it ethical?
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm

» Banking bullish billionaire Ishara expands footprint
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

» SL hopes to finalize a staff level program with IMF soon-RW
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:29 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Polythene banned from March. Benefits to GLAS.N

Polythene banned from March. Benefits to GLAS.N

+4
stockie
AmateurTrader001
gayanhdd
vikey
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vikey


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Gazette notification issued by Environment Ministry prohibiting use of  PET & PVC Polythene packing products for agrochemicals & single use sachet packets from 2021 March 31- Hirunews.lk

gayanhdd


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Good news for GLAS

AmateurTrader001


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Polythene was supposed to be banned on January 2021, and way before that as well during previous govt..... just stunts to please the environmentalists I guess lol.

stockie

stockie
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

gayanhdd wrote:Good news for GLAS

Effect of this will be very minimum considering the volumes within sri lanka, anyway GLAS has many clients all over the world if this is global trend sure it will affect its profitability

Promoney


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

stockie wrote:
gayanhdd wrote:Good news for GLAS

Effect of this will be very minimum considering the volumes within sri lanka, anyway GLAS has many clients all over the world if this is global trend sure it will affect its profitability

GLAS has anyway been catering mainly to the local market having the monopoly in glass containers, so the incremental affect will be significant, especially from the agro chemical market. Further, ppl who were buying Sachets for sauce, will have to buy the bottles now

Eranga87 and C.THARANGA like this post

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Promoney wrote:
stockie wrote:
gayanhdd wrote:Good news for GLAS

Effect of this will be very minimum considering the volumes within sri lanka, anyway GLAS has many clients all over the world if this is global trend sure it will affect its profitability

GLAS has anyway been catering mainly to the local market having the monopoly in glass containers, so the incremental affect will be significant, especially from the agro chemical market. Further, ppl who were buying Sachets for sauce, will have to buy the bottles now

Not only GLAS , its good for ALUMINUM also

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Most of the sachets used in Sri Lanka is for milk powder, malted powder (Nesto malt, viva, Horlicks), washing detergent etc. If anyone observes sales of smalll groceries many people from lower economic classes buy these small sachet packs on daily basis since they cannot afford to buy large packs. These people are daily wage earners.
It’s not possible to pack these sachets in tiny bottles. The solution would be paper. Like small paper sugar packs you find in cafes similarly dry products such as milk powder and washing powder can be packed ensuring no exposure to moisture. It’s not easy to move to this alternative.

Sauce packs are liquid and those are generally used by small minority in cafes, hotels and takeaways and not used in households. Offering glass ketchup bottles for dine in will be the solution. However for takeaway there has to be another solution or else not offer ketchup packs at all.

As highlighted above for different products and scenarios there will be various alternatives that can be used, not just glass. Tetra packs are another packaging solution for suitable products.

Glass will have some benefits for products which require glass packaging as opposed to polythene and plastic.

This policy is difficult to implement due to difficulty and practicality when converting packaging to eco friendly material. However this will be the way forward globally and the sooner we move to eco friendly packaging the better.

Eranga87, ADVENTUS, geesura and CSEdeSILVA like this post

High-flyer

High-flyer
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

RJ1010 wrote:Most of the sachets used in Sri Lanka is for milk powder, malted powder (Nesto malt, viva, Horlicks), washing detergent etc. If anyone observes sales of smalll groceries many people from lower economic classes buy these small sachet packs on daily basis since they cannot afford to buy large packs. These people are daily wage earners.
It’s not possible to pack these sachets in tiny bottles. The solution would be paper. Like small paper sugar packs you find in cafes similarly dry products such as milk powder and washing powder can be packed ensuring no exposure to moisture. It’s not easy to move to this alternative.

Sauce packs are liquid and those are generally used by small minority in cafes, hotels and takeaways and not used in households. Offering glass ketchup bottles for dine in will be the solution. However for takeaway there has to be another solution or else not offer ketchup packs at all.

As highlighted above for different products and scenarios there will be various alternatives that can be used, not just glass. Tetra packs are another packaging solution for suitable products.

Glass will have some benefits for products which require glass packaging as opposed to polythene and plastic.

This policy is difficult to implement due to difficulty and practicality when converting packaging to eco friendly material. However this will be the way forward globally and the sooner we move to eco friendly packaging the better.

Keeping aside the Implication to CSE and its Companies.

This proposal is very much welcome. 

In SL we use polythene like maniacs. Just Observe how many polythene bags used by Super Markets. Simply Absurd.

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

High-flyer wrote:
RJ1010 wrote:Most of the sachets used in Sri Lanka is for milk powder, malted powder (Nesto malt, viva, Horlicks), washing detergent etc. If anyone observes sales of smalll groceries many people from lower economic classes buy these small sachet packs on daily basis since they cannot afford to buy large packs. These people are daily wage earners.
It’s not possible to pack these sachets in tiny bottles. The solution would be paper. Like small paper sugar packs you find in cafes similarly dry products such as milk powder and washing powder can be packed ensuring no exposure to moisture. It’s not easy to move to this alternative.

Sauce packs are liquid and those are generally used by small minority in cafes, hotels and takeaways and not used in households. Offering glass ketchup bottles for dine in will be the solution. However for takeaway there has to be another solution or else not offer ketchup packs at all.

As highlighted above for different products and scenarios there will be various alternatives that can be used, not just glass. Tetra packs are another packaging solution for suitable products.

Glass will have some benefits for products which require glass packaging as opposed to polythene and plastic.

This policy is difficult to implement due to difficulty and practicality when converting packaging to eco friendly material. However this will be the way forward globally and the sooner we move to eco friendly packaging the better.

Keeping aside the Implication to CSE and its Companies.

This proposal is very much welcome. 

In SL we use polythene like maniacs. Just Observe how many polythene bags used by Super Markets. Simply Absurd.

Yes polythene bags overload in supermarkets.

I forgot to mention shampoo sachet packs in my previous note. Very difficult to find alternative packaging. It’s very popular packing for rural and lower economic classes as a single use item. Need to find ways to move away from these.

geesura likes this post

Promoney


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Look at the overrall picture. Ban on Plastic Agro containers, a sector which contribute to x percent of the economy now has to adopt to alternative packaging. Even more so, look at the trend of the policy making, all PET and one time plastic containers are heading for a STOP

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum