FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer


EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Tomorrow Market

Tomorrow Market

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tomorrow Market Empty Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:20 pm

Love Boy


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I think tomorrow market will bounce back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:27 pm

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Love Boy wrote:I think tomorrow market will bounce back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Uneven bounce these days 😀 කොයි පැත්තට කැරකිලා යයිද දන්නේ නෑ

3Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Love Boy


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@RJ1010 wrote:
@Love Boy wrote:I think tomorrow market will bounce back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Uneven bounce these days 😀 කොයි පැත්තට කැරකිලා යයිද දන්නේ නෑ
Ada watuna Wadi.... Heta UP wenawa aniwarenma ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

RJ1010, DamithAsian and C.THARANGA like this post

4Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Eranga87


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
sure, GREEN

svkiruba8@gmail.com and C.THARANGA like this post

5Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:57 pm

stockchaser


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
will this only be a hope Crying or Very sad

6Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:32 pm

madukp


Expert
Expert
Should bounce back. But the 4th holiday and the next day is Friday. So these game players may lead their herd to the blood bath Cool

7Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:33 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
In my view the regulators have acted in haste without any planning and consultation with other stakeholders to introduce a change that had turned into an earthquake. However, finally some gained at the expense of many. Trust the Minister concerned will take appropriate action to put things in order.

I am sure the market will turn green tomorrow and the positive investor sentiment will return.

Do remember "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"  &  "Fortune favours the brave".


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

Kipling, Riz123, madukp and Love Boy like this post

8Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:56 pm

judecroos


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:In my view the regulators have acted in haste without any planning and consultation with other stakeholders to introduce a change that had turned into an earthquake. However, finally some gained at the expense of many. Trust the Minister concerned will take appropriate action to put things in order.

I am sure the market will turn green tomorrow and the positive investor sentiment will return.

Do remember "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"  &  "Fortune favours the brave".
But what is the action took against the useless regulators who did a serious damage to the worlds best market and above all they have damaged the investor sentiments and trust kept on SRI LANKAN market CSE. My opinion is they should be punished and fired really they are useless Evil or Very Mad to developing country.

nigma, Eugine Fernando, Riz123 and stockchaser like this post

9Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:07 pm

spksd


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Also why did they put this at the peak of the market rather than bringing it much before , who is going to bear the loss of the small investors ,

nigma likes this post

10Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:27 pm

C.THARANGA


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Tomorrow Green day !!

abp1970, AsithaDe and SANJAYANM like this post

11Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 pm

Captain


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Better to collect good dividend paying companies for a healthy holding.

Antonym and Love Boy like this post

12Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 pm

stockchaser


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@judecroos wrote:
@samaritan wrote:In my view the regulators have acted in haste without any planning and consultation with other stakeholders to introduce a change that had turned into an earthquake. However, finally some gained at the expense of many. Trust the Minister concerned will take appropriate action to put things in order.

I am sure the market will turn green tomorrow and the positive investor sentiment will return.

Do remember "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"  &  "Fortune favours the brave".
But what is the action took against the useless regulators who did a serious damage to the worlds best market and above all they have damaged the investor sentiments and trust kept on SRI LANKAN market CSE. My opinion is they should be punished and fired really they are useless Evil or Very Mad  to developing country.
1000% agreed , "so called " specialist , autho are there with no use they rather do harm than improving the situ. This was same the past and still the same and will continue for like more million generations . Are we going to have that label " third world country" batch untill really so called people sitting there get there act together " people pay tax and they just take salaries with no contribution to the economy but a diabolical damage .. so sad as a citizen.

nigma, Eugine Fernando and KingMaker2020 like this post

13Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:28 am

KILLER99


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Love Boy wrote:I think tomorrow market will bounce back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NO

14Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:54 am

stockie

stockie
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@KILLER99 wrote:
@Love Boy wrote:I think tomorrow market will bounce back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NO


Safest thing is let the dust settles, look where is heading, but you might loose some valuables if it goes upward , but world never ends here.  

You will get many chances ahead

15Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:47 am

Sihas005


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@stockie wrote:
@KILLER99 wrote:
@Love Boy wrote:I think tomorrow market will bounce back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NO


Safest thing is let the dust settles, look where is heading, but you might loose some valuables if it goes upward , but world never ends here.  

You will get many chances ahead
Market means YOU and ME at the end.So the recovery or decline depends on us again. I feel the wish all of us have is to recover fast ,simply because we don't have attractive alternatives than our market. In this context I believe the triple GEMs (Hayc/Hayl/Dipd) would take the market to another level. Given the split dates to 10th Feb,these GEMs can do the real transformation.

judecroos likes this post

16Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:56 am

KILLER99


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Sihas005 wrote:
@stockie wrote:
@KILLER99 wrote:
@Love Boy wrote:I think tomorrow market will bounce back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
NO


Safest thing is let the dust settles, look where is heading, but you might loose some valuables if it goes upward , but world never ends here.  

You will get many chances ahead
Market means YOU and ME at the end.So the recovery or decline depends on us again. I feel the wish all of us have is to recover fast ,simply because we don't have attractive alternatives than our market. In this context I believe the triple GEMs (Hayc/Hayl/Dipd) would take the market to another level. Given the split dates to 10th Feb,these GEMs can do the real transformation.

Go with BANKS  Razz

17Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:14 am

MeshLk


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Think we'll have a few red days, here are there.  But short-mid term prospects are pretty good - given limited spending and/or investment opportunities with reasonable returns due to nature and government policies

* less luxury travel due to COVID (within and outside SL), 
* limited imports (especially vehicles - which used to be an investment for some!) 
* very low interest rate offered for FD by FIs
* bloated land prices and low rentals (nearly 25% less than 2019, personal experience as both a lessor and lessee) with less rental opportunities (can judge by looking at number of FOR RENT notices on the sides of main roads)
* high construction cost (limited material and labor due to import restrictions and COVID)
* prices of alternative investments like gold are too high and generally illiquid 

Stock market will likely offer the best investment opportunity for the short-medium terms.  Long-term will depend on how we make it through.

Don't rush behind sentiment stocks that are rising simply on rumors.  At least look at NAV and EPS and historical Dividend payments.  There are good counters that will give you more than current FD rate in dividend easily and perhaps decent capital gain too.


Just my opinion.



Last edited by MeshLk on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

nigma likes this post

18Tomorrow Market Empty Dividend companies Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:18 am

srad11


Stock Trader
@Captain wrote:Better to collect good dividend paying companies for a healthy holding.
what are the best dividend paying companies?

19Tomorrow Market Empty Todays market Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:21 am

Mr. Wayne


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@MeshLk wrote:Think we'll have a few red days, here are there.  But short-mid term prospects are pretty good - given limited spending and/or investment opportunities with reasonable returns due to nature and government policies

* less luxury travel due to COVID (within and outside SL), 
* limited imports (especially vehicles - which used to be an investment for some!) 
* very low interest rate offered for FD by FIs
* bloated land prices and low rentals (nearly 25% less than 2019, personal experience as both a lessor and lessee) with less rental opportunities (can judge by looking at number of FOR RENT notices on the sides of main roads)
* high construction cost (limited material and labor due to import restrictions and COVID)

Stock market will likely offer the best investment opportunity for the short-medium terms.  Long-term will depend on how we make it through.

Don't rush behind sentiment stocks that are rising simply on rumors.  At least look at NAV and EPS and historical Dividend payments.  There are good counters that will give you more than current FD rate in dividend easily and perhaps decent capital gain too.


Just my opinion.


Do you think Human rights issue / ECT terminal issue may have some role to play in investor sentiment?

20Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:29 am

MeshLk


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
@Mr. Wayne wrote:
@MeshLk wrote:Think we'll have a few red days, here are there.  But short-mid term prospects are pretty good - given limited spending and/or investment opportunities with reasonable returns due to nature and government policies

* less luxury travel due to COVID (within and outside SL), 
* limited imports (especially vehicles - which used to be an investment for some!) 
* very low interest rate offered for FD by FIs
* bloated land prices and low rentals (nearly 25% less than 2019, personal experience as both a lessor and lessee) with less rental opportunities (can judge by looking at number of FOR RENT notices on the sides of main roads)
* high construction cost (limited material and labor due to import restrictions and COVID)

Stock market will likely offer the best investment opportunity for the short-medium terms.  Long-term will depend on how we make it through.

Don't rush behind sentiment stocks that are rising simply on rumors.  At least look at NAV and EPS and historical Dividend payments.  There are good counters that will give you more than current FD rate in dividend easily and perhaps decent capital gain too.


Just my opinion.


Do you think Human rights issue / ECT terminal issue may have some role to play in investor sentiment?
Practically and sentimentally, little.  The rise of the market indices is very local.  The performance of companies will have little impact, if any.

21Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:48 am

Mr. Wayne


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@MeshLk wrote:
@Mr. Wayne wrote:
@MeshLk wrote:Think we'll have a few red days, here are there.  But short-mid term prospects are pretty good - given limited spending and/or investment opportunities with reasonable returns due to nature and government policies

* less luxury travel due to COVID (within and outside SL), 
* limited imports (especially vehicles - which used to be an investment for some!) 
* very low interest rate offered for FD by FIs
* bloated land prices and low rentals (nearly 25% less than 2019, personal experience as both a lessor and lessee) with less rental opportunities (can judge by looking at number of FOR RENT notices on the sides of main roads)
* high construction cost (limited material and labor due to import restrictions and COVID)

Stock market will likely offer the best investment opportunity for the short-medium terms.  Long-term will depend on how we make it through.

Don't rush behind sentiment stocks that are rising simply on rumors.  At least look at NAV and EPS and historical Dividend payments.  There are good counters that will give you more than current FD rate in dividend easily and perhaps decent capital gain too.


Just my opinion.


Do you think Human rights issue / ECT terminal issue may have some role to play in investor sentiment?
Practically and sentimentally, little.  The rise of the market indices is very local.  The performance of companies will have little impact, if any.

Think this is an over-simplification. The market did not drop because of some credit issues. 

Lots of negative investor sentiment now. Many countries, apart from China, would now be thinking twice before investing here. That is not a good sign.

22Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:15 am

Love Boy


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
95% of Margin clearance done, yesterday. Market will go up with cash again. do not be panic. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ADVENTUS likes this post

23Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:33 am

Kipling


Expert
Expert
K99
I noted your NO to green. Seems like you are correct. Momentum dropping

KILLER99 likes this post

24Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:57 pm

KILLER99


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Kipling wrote:K99
I noted your NO to green. Seems like you are correct. Momentum dropping
It will take another 03 days or more to bounce back the market. Peoples are now shifting to safe side investment such as banks and high dividend yield company

25Tomorrow Market Empty Re: Tomorrow Market Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:29 pm

Mr. X

Mr. X
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
50% of the loss recovered.... Smile

ADVENTUS likes this post

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum