FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

What's going on with HNB.X? Vote_lcap68%What's going on with HNB.X? Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
What's going on with HNB.X? Vote_lcap18%What's going on with HNB.X? Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
What's going on with HNB.X? Vote_lcap13%What's going on with HNB.X? Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» CLC placed on a Slingshot . . . !!!
by stockchaser Today at 11:10 pm

» DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC (DIST.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Today at 11:07 pm

» ELPL-WATA-UDPL
by Maharaja Today at 10:45 pm

» Water For All - CIND
by LHW Today at 10:22 pm

» The fate of NIFL .. CLC .. LOFC under LOCH
by Equity Win Today at 9:59 pm

» When you form opinions without facts, and act upon them, you put yourself at a disadvantage.
by Asoka Samarakone Today at 9:38 pm

» Central Bank Governor Ajith Cabraal given Cabinet Minister status & ranked 5th in New Precedence of the Government
by ADVENTUS Today at 8:26 pm

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by Niwa Today at 8:20 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by ADVENTUS Today at 6:34 pm

» CDB Earnings
by Promoney Today at 5:27 pm

» EXPO/BILL/LOLC
by blindhog Today at 3:34 pm

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Shivanthini Today at 3:25 pm

» Palm Oil supply not enough to meet global demand.
by skyfall Today at 1:43 pm

» CLC - Bull & Bear LOCKED HORNS - can blast at any time.
by Equity Win Today at 1:29 pm

» THE COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC (CFLB.N0000)
by skyfall Today at 1:25 pm

» LLUB New Valuation for Price appreciation
by samansilva Today at 1:12 pm

» ASPI 10000, Still a Long Way to Go
by ResearchMan Today at 12:56 pm

» Palm oil, rubber prices flat. Let’s go for tea
by ResearchMan Today at 12:55 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 12:46 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by bkasun Today at 12:38 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » What's going on with HNB.X?

What's going on with HNB.X?

+7
desh87
judecroos
Eranga87
ColomboCSE
Jana
madukp
Eranx
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's going on with HNB.X? Empty What's going on with HNB.X? Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:38 am

Eranx


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
More than 1 million foreign selling and there still 0.7 million to go at 100?

2What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:16 am

madukp


Expert
Expert
It's kind of a funny thing to see around 1M selling order for HNB.X @100. Unfortunately, I don't have that much money, otherwise, I will gracefully clear that order without any hesitation as an investor. This kind of order book showcases how poor investors sentimental in SL.

The buyers of rs 100, immediately receive, rs 4.50 dividend, and eligible for 1 additional share for 30 shares they hold.

lets do math,


1M shares for rs.100 =

101,120,000.00 = 101.12M

eligibility of additional shares = 33,333 (ignored the decimals) ~ 3.33 M

Dividend = 4.5M

total immediate return = 7.83 M / 101.12 M = 7.74% - better than any fixed deposit.

With div and bonus, shares may go down temporarily. That's nature. But HNB is a highly undervalued share, which has good business and high profits. We can expect a share return of at least 10% in short term and 30% in the mid term. And it is one of low-risk shares in the market.

I'm still amazed about Sri Lankan investor sentiment. Very Happy










RJ1010 likes this post

3What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:28 am

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@madukp wrote:It's kind of a funny thing to see around 1M selling order for HNB.X @100. Unfortunately, I don't have that much money, otherwise, I will gracefully clear that order without any hesitation as an investor. This kind of order book showcases how poor investors sentimental in SL.

The buyers of rs 100, immediately receive, rs 4.50 dividend, and eligible for 1 additional share for 30 shares they hold.

lets do math,


1M shares for rs.100 =

101,120,000.00 = 101.12M

eligibility of additional shares = 33,333 (ignored the decimals) ~ 3.33 M

Dividend = 4.5M

total immediate return = 7.83 M / 101.12 M = 7.74% - better than any fixed deposit.

With div and bonus, shares may go down temporarily. That's nature. But HNB is a highly undervalued share, which has good business and high profits. We can expect a share return of at least 10% in short term and 30% in the mid term. And it is one of low-risk shares in the market.

I'm still amazed about Sri Lankan investor sentiment.  Very Happy


you are 100% correct .. today also I bought 2900 HNB.X @99.90

Very funny thing seller 1M at 100/= and big buyer at 99/= but they don't want to match and sell them and some other people selling at 99.90 because of a panic order placed at 100/=

I sold some weird stock with loss and I bought HNB.X ..I* will do the same on MON and TUE also

If you buy HNB.X at 100/= then it will cost 92.50 on WED after the dividend





madukp and judecroos like this post

4What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:25 am

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
remember still there is some ppls who brought @ 75 - 85 they did not care just 8 DPS.

5What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:09 am

Eranga87


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is a great time to collect @100 from foriegners, FS now less than 1.2Mn. after it will move again recently highest position with positive market upward. TRY IT.

judecroos likes this post

6What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:48 am

judecroos


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Jana wrote:
@madukp wrote:It's kind of a funny thing to see around 1M selling order for HNB.X @100. Unfortunately, I don't have that much money, otherwise, I will gracefully clear that order without any hesitation as an investor. This kind of order book showcases how poor investors sentimental in SL.

The buyers of rs 100, immediately receive, rs 4.50 dividend, and eligible for 1 additional share for 30 shares they hold.

lets do math,


1M shares for rs.100 =

101,120,000.00 = 101.12M

eligibility of additional shares = 33,333 (ignored the decimals) ~ 3.33 M

Dividend = 4.5M

total immediate return = 7.83 M / 101.12 M = 7.74% - better than any fixed deposit.

With div and bonus, shares may go down temporarily. That's nature. But HNB is a highly undervalued share, which has good business and high profits. We can expect a share return of at least 10% in short term and 30% in the mid term. And it is one of low-risk shares in the market.

I'm still amazed about Sri Lankan investor sentiment.  Very Happy


you are 100% correct .. today also I bought 2900 HNB.X @99.90

Very funny thing seller 1M at 100/= and big buyer at 99/= but they don't want to match and sell them and some other people selling at 99.90 because of a panic order placed at 100/=

I sold some weird stock with loss and I bought HNB.X ..I* will do the same on MON and TUE also

If you buy HNB.X at 100/= then it will cost 92.50 on WED after the dividend





This is worth for 100. Try it now otherwise you will regret.

7What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:24 am

desh87


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Could be the best deal in the market these days. In couple of years, if you say there was million + shares of HNBX at 100, people might not even believe you!

8What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:46 pm

Eranga87


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@desh87, Agreed. initially as soon touch Rs.112.00.

9What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:14 pm

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I was also quite curious about this blocking done by 2 or 3 accounts at 100... I was watching the order book as huge chunks were added to that 100 price point by few splits.more than selling they intend to block the price from going up. Ofcourse it’s also a great price for new buyers or collectors. I too hold a good amount. Good dividend as well. I would be watching the order book on Xd date to see if those sell orders still remain or not.

10What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:34 am

samansilva


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@RJ1010 wrote:I was also quite curious about this blocking done by 2 or 3 accounts at 100... I was watching the order book as huge chunks were added to that 100 price point by few splits.more than selling they intend to block the price from going up. Ofcourse it’s also a great price for new buyers or collectors. I too hold a good amount. Good dividend as well. I would be watching the order book on Xd date to see if those sell orders still remain or not.
If  i bought HNB X  on 29 th of March  ..Am i eligible only  for cash  dividend or  both ?  Because of script dividend  share  issues   as at 19 th of February ..It means script dividend  entitled  before got shares  before 19 th of february.  please clarify....

11What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:42 am

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@samansilva wrote:
@RJ1010 wrote:I was also quite curious about this blocking done by 2 or 3 accounts at 100... I was watching the order book as huge chunks were added to that 100 price point by few splits.more than selling they intend to block the price from going up. Ofcourse it’s also a great price for new buyers or collectors. I too hold a good amount. Good dividend as well. I would be watching the order book on Xd date to see if those sell orders still remain or not.
If  i bought HNB X  on 29 th of March  ..Am i eligible only  for cash  dividend or  both ?  Because of script dividend  share  issues   as at 19 th of February ..It means script dividend  entitled  before got shares  before 19 th of february.  please clarify....
 31 Mar Xd for both scrip and cash div. You need to buy at least on 30 Mar to be eligible.

ADVENTUS likes this post

12What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:03 pm

Vasyan


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
why they are blocking to go up , 100/= fully break then they placed big sell orders 103/- 104/- 105/- 107/- actually hnb.x is good but make me panic to sell

13What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:03 pm

madukp


Expert
Expert
Someone may have realized its worth at last over 15M shares been collected so far. Very Happy

RJ1010 and judecroos like this post

14What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:53 pm

judecroos


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@madukp wrote:Someone may have realized its worth at last over 15M shares been collected so far. Very Happy
Got about 2 big buckets full. let's see in a month time.

RJ1010 likes this post

15What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:22 pm

Wickyz


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
😁😁

16What's going on with HNB.X? Empty Re: What's going on with HNB.X? Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:49 am

Eranga87


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
As I earlier mentioned, my initial ST Tps. Rs.112. Qtr, financial easily comfort to achieve this one. if someone really missing opportunity, try to collect after div. XD date.

madukp and SANJAYANM like this post

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum