FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by God Father Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:39 am

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:29 am

» This week's CBOT corn, soy freefalls hard to match in recent years
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:57 am

» Positive news to boost market sentiment
by samaritan Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:52 am

» Maharaja at IMF meeting
by Maharaja Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

» India assures fullest support to Sri Lanka as a close friend
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

» SINS, SAMP, COMB, PARQ, ALUMEX and AEL - are they good shares to start collecting now?
by surfjj Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

» Learn how a fixed exchange rate system can be used to reduce inflation.
by target1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

» Debt Crisis: Sri Lanka Vs Argentine
by CHRONICLE™ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

» Sri Lanka in state of panic 1 month after sovereign default
by reyaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm

» Financial stability - we are at the crossroads.
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

» Shrinkflation: Is it ethical?
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC (AHUN.N0000)

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC (AHUN.N0000)

+21
cseguide
besthope
salt
Redbulls
worthiness
udeni
smallville
RockStock
Quibit
Monster
seyon
StocksWatch
Slstock
xhora
ShareShares
DK
Gaja
wis
tubal
saman123
wmdcf
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I am beginning to believe in hotel stocks. AHUN is undoubtedly one of best Srilankan hotel chains. Thanks!! + from me for your wonderful contribution and look forward in seen more contribution from you.

RockStock


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Great analysis, + rep from me as well

smallville


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Good report..

Since there was a sub division of 1:7, last quarter EPs could be calculated as per the original no of shares for the last qtr..
EPS in each quarter for last 3 qtrs = 18/48 + 152/48 + 272/(336/7) = 0.375 + 3.16 + 5.66 = 9.195
If annualised =12.26.. So accordingly other calculations follow..

Gaja


Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Presently i don't have any hotel stock in my portfolio, in my personal opinion AHUN and KHL is UNDER VALUED SHARES FOR THE LONG TERM INVESTMENTS and if anyone think for short term gains don't touch it these

xhora


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:Good report..

Since there was a sub division of 1:7, last quarter EPs could be calculated as per the original no of shares for the last qtr..
EPS in each quarter for last 3 qtrs = 18/48 + 152/48 + 272/(336/7) = 0.375 + 3.16 + 5.66 = 9.195
If annualised =12.26.. So accordingly other calculations follow..

I don't understand the rationale behind taking 48 million shares as for the entire year. according to your calculation EPS would be (91.2/12.26) 7.44 Way bellow average.

But since I believe we always has to account for the conditions that will be prevailing in the foreseeable future because share prices are always valued for future earnings. So I think taking 336 million shares is the best approach.

udeni

udeni
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

xhora,
Thanks for the very informative post. Hope to see many more of this calibre reports.

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

xhora wrote:
smallville wrote:Good report..

Since there was a sub division of 1:7, last quarter EPs could be calculated as per the original no of shares for the last qtr..
EPS in each quarter for last 3 qtrs = 18/48 + 152/48 + 272/(336/7) = 0.375 + 3.16 + 5.66 = 9.195
If annualised =12.26.. So accordingly other calculations follow..

I don't understand the rationale behind taking 48 million shares as for the entire year. according to your calculation EPS would be (91.2/12.26) 7.44 Way bellow average.

But since I believe we always has to account for the conditions that will be prevailing in the foreseeable future because share prices are always valued for future earnings. So I think taking 336 million shares is the best approach.

From this calc (91.2/12.26) = 7.44, wat u get as 7.44 is the P/E not EPS..

Taking 48 mil was due to the last subdiv happen on dec qtr and we only have 3 qtr results so far.. from Q2, u can take the new 336 Mil shares for calculations.. This is becuz the financial year ends on 31 March and its not fair to dilute the EPS in the middle.. well thats how I think..
When companies do subs, EPS gets diluted... Approaches are different from person to person..

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

smallville wrote:
xhora wrote:
smallville wrote:Good report..

Since there was a sub division of 1:7, last quarter EPs could be calculated as per the original no of shares for the last qtr..
EPS in each quarter for last 3 qtrs = 18/48 + 152/48 + 272/(336/7) = 0.375 + 3.16 + 5.66 = 9.195
If annualised =12.26.. So accordingly other calculations follow..

I don't understand the rationale behind taking 48 million shares as for the entire year. according to your calculation EPS would be (91.2/12.26) 7.44 Way bellow average.

But since I believe we always has to account for the conditions that will be prevailing in the foreseeable future because share prices are always valued for future earnings. So I think taking 336 million shares is the best approach.

From this calc (91.2/12.26) = 7.44, wat u get as 7.44 is the P/E not EPS..

Taking 48 mil was due to the last subdiv happen on dec qtr and we only have 3 qtr results so far.. from Q2, u can take the new 336 Mil shares for calculations.. This is becuz the financial year ends on 31 March and its not fair to dilute the EPS in the middle.. well thats how I think..
When companies do subs, EPS gets diluted... Approaches are different from person to person..

It would be easier to go with the EPS calculation AHUN already did for us considering shares in the market during different periods

9 Month EPS as at DEC is 1.29

If expecting profit of 503 mil for march then : March eps = 503 / 336 = 1.497
( but we need to remember to leave out any minority interest also)

SO Annual eps = 1.29 + 1.497= 2.79

PE = 91.2/2.78=32.68

Thats why I mentioned "I cannot say AHUN is undervalued still. Maybe compared to most other hotel sector shares which are highly overvalued to start with. Some trade at amazing PEs . Everybody is paying premium still expecting higher growth from this sector.

However out of the big bunch , AHUN is a solid hotel stock which paying a premium will not prove not too bad for long term. They have clear growth plans and as I recall they the sixth sense project etc will bring more profit in the future. If you can hold long term AHUN is a decent bet. "

xhora

xhora
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

AHUN has exceeded my expected earnings figure and had made a Billion rupee profit for the year
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/521_1306748885393.pdf

35AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC (AHUN.N0000) - Page 2 Empty AHUN.N0000 Reports Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:19 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics


Please insert the pdf file or latest financial statements of AHUN.N0000.
Be grateful for inserting the comments based on latest performance.
Thanks

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/521_1369969267403.pdf

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

They have done well. But, valuation are exorbitant

besthope


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

salt wrote:They have done well. But, valuation are exorbitant

your saltiness, what is meaning of word exorbitant ?
is it out of orbit
OR BIT by ANT before ?

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

besthope wrote:
salt wrote:They have done well. But, valuation are exorbitant

your saltiness, what is meaning of word exorbitant ?
is it out of orbit
OR BIT by ANT before ?
yes what is the problem of valuation?

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

I am not an expert of English language
You may refer to a dictionary

This the definition from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary

exorbitant /Ig"zO:.bI.t@nt/ /-"z:Or.b@.º@nt/ adjective
Exorbitant prices and demands, etc. are much too large:
The bill for dinner was exorbitant.




cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

salt wrote:I am not an expert of English language
You may refer to a dictionary

This the definition from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary

exorbitant /Ig"zO:.bI.t@nt/ /-"z:Or.b@.º@nt/ adjective
Exorbitant prices and demands, etc. are much too large:
The bill for dinner was exorbitant.




@salt
you mean their hotel charges are high or any other ?

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@cseguide
My apologies, if i have misled you
I was referring to share price
The valuation of share is expensive

Annual EPS Rs. 5.26
NAVPS 37.95

Share trades almost 80.00. Unjustifiable valuation, isn't it?

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

salt wrote:@cseguide
My apologies, if i have misled you
I was referring to share price
The valuation of share is expensive

Annual EPS Rs. 5.26
NAVPS 37.95

Share trades almost 80.00. Unjustifiable valuation, isn't it?
I don't think so. This counter values
Reasons
1)80/5.26 = PER =15
2) on of the best managed hotel group
3) well diversified around different geographical areas
etc.

besthope


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@salty - how about AHUN profile of investors ? hondai the ?

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

@besthope
If its lazy sunday afternoon & nobody at home, i just look at profile of next door residents ( opposite gender)
Very Happy

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@RedBull
Thank you for your assistance.
Also enjoyed the rest above but not having the right picture of AHUN.

47AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC (AHUN.N0000) - Page 2 Empty What happened to AHUN ??? Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Joe007


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

AHUN to Rs 65... Is there any reason for coming down? Also very high volume today and very unusual...

Joe007


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

It has come down from Rs 73 to Rs 65 within a short time.

Arrowrisk

Arrowrisk
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Is it worth investing on AHUN.N

Arrowrisk

Arrowrisk
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Seams moving…

abey


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

end of november   28

bhanu


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

It has potential to make more money when dust settles.. probably the biggest hotel chain in sri Lanka comparing to number of rooms.

Arrowrisk

Arrowrisk
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

https://ceylontoday.lk/print-more/45261

bhanu


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

It is ready to moves.. there were some collection last week

Arrowrisk

Arrowrisk
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Monster wrote:Excellent analysis xhora. Even I do not hold AHUN. But AHUN is one of the best stock in the hotel sector. +Rep from me as well for your hard work.

We can expect a good run.... Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum