FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares

+24
nkalansu
Aamiable
windi5
mark
Academic
Rajaraam
ssuni
pradeeptha_007
Hiru
Chinwi
limestone
chandimal
RIO
ashlee
Chabbi
UKboy
sapumal
duke
gann
lokuayya
Liber Abaci
econ
Gaja
salt
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:09 pm

econ

Global Moderator

RIO wrote:
ashlee wrote:Its a business conglomerate... One of my lecturers said few years back that Pathirage wants SHL to be right next to JKH.. I don't think he will leave his angel to go astray..

Trying to = with JKH is a Day dream of Damn Pathirage...even VONE cant come close to JKH in terms of credibility & reputation...!What a jocolor MR Pathirage...!

I dont think JKH is a credible company anymore.. JKH capital CT capital are the promoters of unethical IPOs of Expo and Softlogic.. and the JKH capital head Balendra try to defend his pricing on Expo too.
unfortunately this guy is the CSE chairman now.

22Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 pm

chandimal

Stock Trader

what will happen browns investment

23Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

limestone

Manager - Equity Analytics

Is He buying to create an artificial demad to push the price to 29 level or higher to save his employees who bought @29 ?

24Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

UKboy wrote:I really dont know whether I need to cry or laugh..

All I can see,

He is trying hard hold the falling fort (most probably by using IPO money).

You can laugh, if bought @ 18 and sold @ 25. That is all I can say about this drama. Smile

25Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Hiru

I bought at Rs 17.50 and sold at Rs 20 because I did not want to get more risk on this. I will try again if it touched Rs.15.

26Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:34 pm

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

sapumal wrote:Pathira is guy with fake personalty. He is GREG,Dilith, Nimal Perera type businessmen. I am not sure that he earn money from killing patients

We must salute Dhammika Perera. Perera didn't discriminate PP investors and poor retail investors.

Pathira might think that all of his products are bought by few high networth investors.

guys keep u r shares for at-lest for one months and i m sure AP will give u good return in future.

27Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:36 pm

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Hiru wrote:I bought at Rs 17.50 and sold at Rs 20 because I did not want to get more risk on this. I will try again if it touched Rs.15.

bought @ 18.00 and sold it on 23.90

28Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:39 pm

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

ashlee wrote:Its a business conglomerate... One of my lecturers said few years back that Pathirage wants SHL to be right next to JKH.. I dont think he will leave his angel to go astray..

I'M SURE SHL WILL PASS JKH IN FUTURE.
shl will be the best diversified company in sri lanka

29Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:48 pm

ssuni

ssuni

this from www.dailymirror.lk..

However in an earlier interview with the Mirror Business, Soflogic Chairman and Managing Director Ashok Pathirage said that the price difference between the IPO price and offer price was solely due to valuations.

“The price difference is solely done on valuations. During the time we went for a private placement, the forecasted profit was around Rs.150-200 million. But for the year ended March 2010/11, we have made Rs.855 million after tax profit” Pathirage said.

“The IPO price is based on the expected net profit for FY 2011/12, which we anticipate to be Rs.1.8 billion. Our valuations are based on 12 times of P/E of the conglomerate sector. We are in fact giving our share at a 40 percent discount to the current P/E levels of conglomerates,” Pathirage added.

According to a five-year forecast of the company, the post tax profit is expected to go up to Rs.1.8 billion in 2012 and to Rs.2.7 billion in 2013. The expected profit in 2014 is Rs.3.1 billion.

and also..
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t6648-softlogic-makes-expolanka-look-good#45247

30Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Pradeeptha_oo7,
However now already goodwill of this company has been thoroughly damaged. Employees who obtained credit to buy shares are also disapointed and they are now angry with management. The management could have considered the comments made by small investers about extreemely high IPO price of several companies recently and issue at a reasonable price which subscribers also could earn a profit .Now they will have to redraft their busines plan and more waight in that need to be rebuild its reputation. If Emplyees have been efected and frustrated Company will have to plan for a remedy.

31Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:
RIO wrote:
ashlee wrote:Its a business conglomerate... One of my lecturers said few years back that Pathirage wants SHL to be right next to JKH.. I don't think he will leave his angel to go astray..

Trying to = with JKH is a Day dream of Damn Pathirage...even VONE cant come close to JKH in terms of credibility & reputation...!What a jocolor MR Pathirage...!

I dont think JKH is a credible company anymore.. JKH capital CT capital are the promoters of unethical IPOs of Expo and Softlogic.. and the JKH capital head Balendra try to defend his pricing on Expo too.

+ rep

More correctly, IMHO, JHK is an unethical company in respect to IPOs.

32Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:00 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

my ideas

*directors cant use company funds to buy shares,even company cant provide a loan without passing a resolution.so this is just a private deal

*Mr pathirage holding
--issued shares-779Mn
--pathirage hold before IPO-321Mn

--holding percentage before IPO-50.23%
--holding percentage after IPO-41.20%
so holding percentage got diluted,he may be trying to increase his holding over 50%,who knows Exclamation

btw,is there any crossings relate to SHL today?i was not aware scratch

33Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:07 am

Academic

mark wrote:directors cant use company funds to buy shares,even company cant provide a loan without passing a resolution.so this is just a private deal

+ rep. A point I wanted to make. However, many other valid points are there to analyse in this deal. For example pp issuing at 7.2 and getting ownership diluted, then buying from the market at 21 raises some Question in my mind. Don't you?

34Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:29 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Academic wrote:
mark wrote:directors cant use company funds to buy shares,even company cant provide a loan without passing a resolution.so this is just a private deal

+ rep. A point I wanted to make. However, many other valid points are there to analyse in this deal. For example pp issuing at 7.2 and getting ownership diluted, then buying from the market at 21 raises some Question in my mind. Don't you?

*this is all wrong what is happened in PP, private placements are only for investment purpose not for resale,pp was issue for collect intelligent investors(HNWI with reputed profiles) or try to keep company control among strategic investors(sometimes relatives)... practice in srilanka context is wholly wrong Evil or Very Mad

*actually the pp was issued at 72Rs,then after it was splitted 1 to 10,so no change in ownership percentage,but IPO made it diluted,so pathirage lost the 50% control over the shareholding(50% need for pass ordinary resolution,but there is exceptions against majority rule(foss vs harbottle case law)..

so i feel this is done for increase his holding,but indirectly it increase the share price..
btw is today crossings of SHL Question Question Question

35Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 am

windi5

windi5

How long he gonna do this. They have issued more than 100m shares,he has bought only 5m. if this up trend to continue he has to pump more money and buy shares. This is not good for the company image and his own,but no body to blame but himself, by creating a pp at a lower price. now he might be shamed,any way his basket was filled with 4b by our poor investors, so he should be happy too.

36Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:27 am

Aamiable

unless SHL make some profits from the PP they do not accommodate private placements…….

37Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:07 am

nkalansu

Shame on AKP, Shame on JK Capital, Shame on CT Capital, Shame on all the promoters of SOFT in this forum (Shoe shine boys)...........

38Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:14 am

nkalansu

I think this is clear manipulation....

After issuing shares to public and his employees at Rs. 29/= AKP is buying below Rs. 29/=. And at the same time he justifies the price Rs. 29/=. If he wants to buy from the market what he should be doing is he should contact his private placement people and ask them to sell him via crossings at Rs. 29/=..............If he justifies the price Rs. 29/=. What do you guys say....? Then he is a hero....

He should not be allowed to buy from the market below Rs. 29/= SEC should take some action...... thanks to my knowledge in finance i did not buy this.

Last edited by nkalansu on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:40 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed inappropriate words)

39Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:26 am

promode

Stock Trader

What we can learn from AKP buying 5.6 m shares is, By his heart he knows the shares were overpriced. He would have been a HERO if he bought for 29/= from PP guys he knows well.. or even stop them selling far below the issued price at IPO.

40Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:02 am

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:Pradeeptha_oo7,
However now already goodwill of this company has been thoroughly damaged. Employees who obtained credit to buy shares are also disapointed and they are now angry with management. The management could have considered the comments made by small investers about extreemely high IPO price of several companies recently and issue at a reasonable price which subscribers also could earn a profit .Now they will have to redraft their busines plan and more waight in that need to be rebuild its reputation. If Emplyees have been efected and frustrated Company will have to plan for a remedy.

Rajaraam-
i agree with u most of the employee have obtained credit to purchase shares and most of them were planning to sell those when they reach their BEP. And i m sure employees are so disappointed (as i think some employee who are running for money) with management. looking at yesterday i think by next week AP will some how bring the price up to 28 - 30.

41Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 am

Genting

How I see is this situation is due to unethical behavior of Carson group. They are supposed to be investors, not traders who sells shares on the first day. If anyone knew they they are going to be like that, no one wold have offered them shares.

Seems like they have sold almost all of their shares. So I don't think SHL will come down in the near future.

The other comment I like to add is regarding Pathirage purchasing of shares.

Its not only Pathirage, Dammika also has been purchasing shares of his company. He bought 1mn @ 33.50 when it was falling from 38.

I think Pathirage is clever, purchasing from Carsons, who made the price bellow the IPO price.

42Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:20 pm

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Genting wrote:How I see is this situation is due to unethical behavior of Carson group. They are supposed to be investors, not traders who sells shares on the first day. If anyone knew they they are going to be like that, no one wold have offered them shares.

Seems like they have sold almost all of their shares. So I don't think SHL will come down in the near future.

Its not only Pathirage, Dammika also has been purchasing shares of his company. He bought 1mn @ 33.50 when it was falling from 38.

I think Pathirage is clever, purchasing from Carsons, who made the price bellow the IPO price.

Very Happy agree with u

43Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 pm

godswen

godswen

mark wrote:
*actually the pp was issued at 72Rs,then after it was splitted 1 to 10,so no change in ownership percentage,but IPO made it diluted,so pathirage lost the 50% control over the shareholding(50% need for pass ordinary resolution,but there is exceptions against majority rule(foss vs harbottle case law)..

so i feel this is done for increase his holding,but indirectly it increase the share price

That also make sense, so he bought at lower price than of IPO price which made him to increase his holding as well as the share price? anyways yesterday was a good day for me, and for most of em i guess. 20% gain? Hope the drama will continue on Friday! Will see!

Cheers!

44Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:14 pm

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Genting wrote:How I see is this situation is due to unethical behavior of Carson group. They are supposed to be investors, not traders who sells shares on the first day. If anyone knew they they are going to be like that, no one wold have offered them shares.

This all disaster, as we all know due to high IPO pricing compare to PP price (nearly 300% return). Investors who were allocated through the PP have been waiting more than one year. Who will miss the opportunity to get 300% in one year.

140Mn shares were issued through private placement, out of that Carson funds hold 28mn which is nearly 20%. Ok If CARS funds did not sell, there are other plenty of individual investors are in the list and ready to sell in the first day to grab opportunity (300 % return in one year, who give?.)

So CARS funds used the opportunity, However as a Professional Fund Manager may wait 2or3 and sell. Further i don't think CARS did not sell through the trading floor, those would have been done through private deals ( since the holding qty is high),trading floor transaction mainly from the PP individual.

In my view AP has to take all the blame,that pricing IPO @ high price.

45Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 pm

salt

salt

Liber Abaci wrote:

This is not simple logic.
In an IPO the subscription money ( @ 29/- per share ) goes to the Company, not to existing shareholders.
The purchases by Mr Pathirana ( @ 21 /- ) is through his money. He won't benefit ditectly through this transaction ,as implied by you.

I have thanked you for showing this. I feel sortry about you.

46Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:37 pm

salt

salt

econ wrote:
RIO wrote:

THis is now. did you forget LMS & SAGT dramas?

47Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares - Page 2 Empty Re: Pathirage bought 5.6 million shares Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 am

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

another 876000 share @ 24.20

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum