FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook

+37
topgear
abc
Quibit
madu1977
wis
MarketResearch
sirimevan
mark
UKboy
dineshfernando
Fresher
StocksWatch
Rocky
morros
Academic
kpinvest
SLMarketWatch
Slstock
Meta Trader
knowledge
Chinwi
Rajitha
mono
ronstyn
econ
RockStock
Gaja
sunandaf
innam
maximus
mission
tubal
$$$
ranga
Monster
invest-abc
salt
41 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:09 pm

econ

Global Moderator

tortoise seem to be buy and promote.. Evil or Very Mad

27PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

All experts in the BS & IS please share your thoughts for my post thanks

28PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:41 pm

salt

Vice President - Equity Analytics

There is no big jump in profits

PC House could be manupulated by interested groups

If so called Nizam is MarketWatch and had he willfully misled the forum, SEC should investigate it

HOWEVER, PC house & IT industry COULD be growing at faster rate than rest of the economy

29PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 pm

ronstyn

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Gaja wrote:All experts in the BS & IS please share your thoughts for my post thanks

I am no expert, but I raised these same concerns on investnow seeing their Sept 2010
financials.

My concerns were Q on Q increase in inventory and trade receivables
and also Q on Q increase in Finance cost despite IPO infusion and decreasing interest rates.

Another concern is rising inventory especially in IT products which become obsolete in short time.

30PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Gaja

Basically this is my concern PCH in the business where changes in technology took place every sections, but here the issue is their inventory is building up heavily so there might be more obsolete stocks which need to written off even though i am not sure whether is actually building up or they increase their stock levels more because of high demand.

With regard to increase in the receivable level, are there any requirement for provision of bad & doubtful debts. At the same time i am not sure about the proposition of the receivables.

31PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm

mono

mono

there will be a blood bath on monday.

32PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm

mission

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

dam this is going to be bad.. mono, tubal and a whole bunch of guys tried to warn all of them.. hard luck.. i hope and wish that people who invested would not fall in trouble.

33PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Gaja

Mono, you promised to comeback within 24 hours day before yesterday, and now more than 48 hours passed. Hope still u involve in the research on the Gem identified by you

34PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:49 pm

mono

mono

Gaja wrote:Mono, you promised to comeback within 24 hours day before yesterday, and now more than 48 hours passed. Hope still u involve in the research on the Gem identified by you

a thousand apologies,

I'll get it up asap. to be honest i have done zero work on the topic. other than wonder where to look.
I'm sort of thinking construction as these guys will benefit nicely for years to come from all the developmental stuff. but i need more time

PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 840982

35PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/961_1296733192441.pdf
Here is your Rs 0.22 earnings per quarter for december go nuts with it lol!

36PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Gaja

mono wrote:
Gaja wrote:Mono, you promised to comeback within 24 hours day before yesterday, and now more than 48 hours passed. Hope still u involve in the research on the Gem identified by you

a thousand apologies,

I'll get it up asap. to be honest i have done zero work on the topic. other than wonder where to look.
I'm sort of thinking construction as these guys will benefit nicely for years to come from all the developmental stuff. but i need more time

PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 840982

No problem boss will wait to get your research done

37PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 am

Chinwi

Chinwi

mono wrote:there will be a blood bath on monday.

Whenever there is a blood bath there will be smart vulture gathering to collect.

I may become one of them if it drop to my level. !

BTW, you can see web blogging can be used to put the share priced move both ways.
If we react to them blindly when they push and also down there is a huge possibility to loose money.
Now I feel, someone can use this new situation to put it drastically down in order to collect, during next few days.

Can you remember when we talk bad about PCH when it went down to 8-9, no one was there to promote it. After collecting enough only they found it as a gem and started marketing.

Hay, do not give me negative marks for this. Smile

38PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:15 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

Chinwi wrote:
mono wrote:there will be a blood bath on monday.

Whenever there is a blood bath there will be smart vulture gathering to collect.

I may become one of them if it drop to my level. !

BTW, you can see web blogging can be used to put the share priced move both ways.
If we react to them blindly when they push and also down there is a huge possibility to loose money.
Now I feel, someone can use this new situation to put it drastically down in order to collect, during next few days.

Can you remember when we talk bad about PCH when it went down to 8-9, no one was there to promote it. After collecting enough only they found it as a gem and started marketing.

Hay, do not give me negative marks for this. Smile

Yes but for me to justify the company purely on there business model and the quarterly reports the share price would have to come back down to around Rs 10( thats still over PE of 12 with almost no PEG). So I think we are a price band and few weeks minimum away from that point Razz

39PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty PCH Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 pm

knowledge

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I usually don't participate in this forum and rather just follow the amusing and/or helpful threads going on, they make good entertainment. However, for all those out there loving or hating PCH, let's consider a few fundamental realities:

01) PCH appears overvalued when applying standard evaluation techniques
02) Their Q4 2010 results are not as impressive as everyone expected
03) There have been numerous rumors, allegations, etc. on various forums over the past 2 months
04) The share price movement of PCH on certain days appears like manipulation
05) Many of us can report of first-hand negative experience as customers of PCH
06) PCH primarily is a retailer, not a software developer as some claim

So far so good in favor of the nay-sayers, but

07) The whole PCH saga only started during Dec2010, when the business of Q4 was already conducted
08) Any movement of any share price always has an element of crowd behavior to it
09) Some "blue chip" shares trade at much higher PE ratios (e.g,. KHL: 100+)
10) Especially in the IT sector, share prices reflect future outlook rather than past performance
11) Dr. Senthilverl and others would most certainly not increase their stakes (massively) without a plan
12) Other ("blue chip") companies have identical share price growth patterns over the past months
13) PCH will engage in a few interesting acquisitions and expansions during 2011
14) Just like there's people promoting PCH to get the share price up, there's plenty of people talking negatively in order to bring prices down and to then collect

I am not advocating nor advising against PCH, this is purely my opinion and I think it's all gotten out of hand the last few weeks. Whoever Marketwatch/Marketbull is, one thing he has always done: advised people to do their own research, so nobody can blame him. Everyone legally entitled to trade is legally bound by accepting the outcome of their own decisions.

As for those forecasting a dooms day scenario for Monday, well, personally I believe that PCH will go down to about 25 next week and then hover there for a while before the next run (35 maybe). Some big players have identified PCH as a target and it's mostly the small traders that are selling off at the moment, collecting profits and engaging in the usual panic sell-offs. Good luck to everyone, PCH or not, just keep these forums clean please. We all want to make some money, nobody likes to lose, and in the end we are all here to learn something.

Meta Trader

Meta Trader
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Meta Trader wrote:Good job hasi !
reputed analyst hasi84 reveals most misleading information that he has come across on an online forum!
hasi84 wrote:
NEWSTOCK wrote:Important developments: As per quarterly reports AS AT31/12/2010

Sri Lanka's PC House will become more profitable after IPO:experts

Group bottom line expected to grow 20 percent year-on-year, despite declining margins

NDB is projecting a forward PE ratio of 10.23 times earnings in 20011, 8.72 times in 2012, and 7.48 times in 2013.
"
If you take a P/E ratio of 15 but the growth would be about 20 percent so the P/G to growth (PEG) ratio is much less than one," Senaka Kakiriwaragodage, assistant vice president at NDB Investment Bank told LBR.
"

This has to be the most misleading information I have come across on an online forum!
this statement was made by NBD prior to the IPO: the forward PE ratio was calculated assuming a share price of 11 and a projected EPS of 1.08 for FY11.
How can anyone use such a quote to promote PCH when:

1. Share price is currently 28+
2. It's on track to miss its expected earnings for FY11.

Its high time you stop harping on about PCH because in my personel opinion your comments are untethical and bordeline fraud!

source:http://www.moneyreport.lk/fullstory.php?nid=201007241248538362

41PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty PCH victim talks ..... Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:30 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t351-pch-victim-talks

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

godswen wrote:They say it's marketwatch from investnow.lk, And he hold huge amounts of both BFL and PCH!

Just for discussion! Nothing else!

Mods I think I can use someones name in a topic? Shocked

Regards!
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t343-mr-mohamed-nizam-singa-laxana-who-is-he

43PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Much awaited PCH quarterly report!! Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

Rajitha wrote: PC House report out lol!
I'm just rofling in the floor atm.
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/961_1296733192441.pdf

Do not read below if have no PCH shares:-
This part is for all idiots who insulted me and talked about PEG ratios and amazing growth when trying to explain about PCH. Its a PC retailer not a software producer as been saying for months and a crap one at that.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t344-much-awaited-pch-quarterly-report

44PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty What is this Tortoise plus strategy Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:40 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

Meta Trader wrote:ONE OF THE COMPONENT OF THAT STRATEGY IS IN UNKNOWN TIME #PCH SHARE PRICE WILL PASS THE #DPL SHARE PRICE . (which is trading above the Rs 70 )

and he never disclose the his so called TPS .This is what we call sending SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES . so you will be a blind follower of him for life . people who reads his posts will be mesmerized and forget the reality .

didn't you see his writing style ? tongue
the key feature of it repeating the same thing over and over again and saying pch share must trade above the DPL share .
can you see any logic in there ?

even Mr sakvithi used the same tactic . which is keep repeating the same thing over and over again so people will not ask any question but nod the head to any thing he says or do without any argument .

PSYCHOLOGICAL MIND GAME + INVESTING = TORTISE PLUS STRATEGY cheers
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t371-what-is-this-tortoise-plus-strategy

45PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 am

mono

mono

Meta, I think we got the message Razz

46PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

mono wrote:Meta, I think we got the message Razz
cheers
only now i noticed cyclops
your avatar is too big !
this is how your message shows in my monitor

" eta, i think we got the message Razz "

47PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 pm

mono

mono

Meta Trader wrote:
cheers
your avatar is too big !

hmm.....

i guess i need to cut and chop my avatar

48PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Meta Trader wrote:
cheers
your avatar is too big !

Regarding this avatar issues. Guys what browser are you using? Never had a problem with Chrome before and now. If having trouble you can use chrome just a suggestion.

BTW, just checked with IE and Mozilla to test also now both okay. As of now all are working. Mono did you fix it just now? Now SL Time 2.12 sunday.

49PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty * Are you losing confidence over PCH Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:30 am

SLMarketWatch

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Are you losing confidence over PCH? ("Yes","No")
If '"yes"answer following questions ( Give Yes , No answers)

1.PCH is reporting loss
2.It is losing business
3.The Management is becoming weaker and weaker?
4.It is losing business opportunities?
5.They do not have any plans to expand expand the business?
6.The government's policies are not healthy for IT related business?
7.They are not investing the IPO money wisely to expand the business
8.Another competitor is grabbing the market shares of PCH badly?
9.Thy will report loss quarter to quarter in future.
10.PCH will file bankruptcy soon

If your reply is "Yes" to all the above questions sell PCH immediately.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Quibit on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Format condensed)

50PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:56 am

kpinvest

kpinvest
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

we all talk about IT boom
we also should talk bout on changing requirements of existing customers

For last 5 year I bought 2 computer and 2 laptops

Time to time we change our computer hardware. The fastest computer today will be obsolete within next 2-3yrs

Also there is a increasing population in Gaming community

These gaming freaks need fastest hardware and multi-core graphic modules. they basically ready to spend at least 25k -50k each year to upgrade their PCs. And yes PCs... they don't use laptops ... they use PCs because laptops are not that fast enough and cannot meet their performance requirements.

Also, as the BPO start to increase companies buy lot of PCs, and few Laptops.

Even in all developed countries PCs still in high demand. Laptops can't meet the PC performance (at least for another 4-5 yrs).

So overall when the disposable income increase the people use improved computers and hitech parts will get good demand.

And
PCH now selling DELL.. so softlogic is not the only DELL dealer!!

how many guys knows FRYS in CA? http://www.frys.com/

PCH 9to9 store is our version of frys.

51PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:16 am

tubal

kpinvest wrote:
we all talk about IT boom
we also should talk bout on changing requirements of existing customers

For last 5 year I bought 2 computer and 2 laptops

Time to time we change our computer hardware. The fastest computer today will be obsolete within next 2-3yrs

Also there is a increasing population in Gaming community

These gaming freaks need fastest hardware and multi-core graphic modules. they basically ready to spend at least 25k -50k each year to upgrade their PCs. And yes PCs... they don't use laptops ... they use PCs because laptops are not that fast enough and cannot meet their performance requirements.

Also, as the BPO start to increase companies buy lot of PCs, and few Laptops.

Even in all developed countries PCs still in high demand. Laptops can't meet the PC performance (at least for another 4-5 yrs).

So overall when the disposable income increase the people use improved computers and hitech parts will get good demand.

And
PCH now selling DELL.. so softlogic is not the only DELL dealer!!

how many guys knows FRYS in CA? http://www.frys.com/

PCH 9to9 store is our version of frys.

KPI Invest, it's the exact same market that you are talking about that knows PCH best. If you are part of that market, I think you wrote this post against your conscience.

52PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:41 am

kpinvest

kpinvest
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Great... another -ve rep for me for talking about PCH!

tubal

I know PCH service not good... but its not terrible....

There are two aspects here 1) Making profit 2) giving a good service

Personally I still didn't have bad experience with PCH. That maybe because I bought the items after looking it well enough.

anyway.. not all profitable companies are providing good service.
ex Dialog is terrible with DTV,
SLT is terrible with PEO TV,
HSBC - always have to see front counter person's GAS!!,
Cathey pacific - arrogant air hostess

But all these companies make excellent profits!

53PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 am

Academic

Here is a myth to be clarified. Share prices going down does not mean company is making loses or not doing business well. Every share has its own intrinsic value determined by its risk-return characteristics and also fundamental variables associated with it (like EPS, Book value, Size etc).

1. If current price is above its intrinsic value, price come down, at least in long-run.
2. Similarly if price is below the intrinsic value price go up, at least in long-run.

In case of PCH, I think it is the first scenario that has occurred. You can understand this if you refer to wealth of discussions on this forum about valuation of PCH. So market is correcting its price.

Now you may understand even well-performing company's price may go down if the intrinsic value is less than current price.

54PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Academic

kpinvest wrote:Great... another -ve rep for me for talking about PCH!

It is fundamentally wrong to give -ve reps for someone who doesn't have voting right.

This is like shooting at an un-armed thief by an armed person for stealing a loaf of bread.

It is Okay to do so by a pure-white character/username.

If you want to know how pure-white a character (username) is, follow following steps.

1. Go to Home page
2. Click Memberlist tab
3. Type the user-name of which you want to find about, under "Find a user or modify list order" and click OK
4. If you spell the username correctly, the searched username appears under searched results.
4. Click on the username. Then you will be in that person's profile.
5. Then go to "Statistics" tab
6. Under the topic "Posts" click "Find all posts by [username]"
7. Now you can see all posts by that particular username.
7. Read and understand if they have repeatedly promoted any stock/s. Also have they being consistent on every post or have changed their comments as market change (in Sinhalese whether s/he is a "Katussek").
8. Then decide whether the username is pure-white.
9. Then decide whether you can believe that person's comments.

A sound counter arguments counts more than a -ve rep.

Last edited by Academic on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo steeling corrected to stealing)

55PC HOUSE (PCH) - Future Outlook - Page 2 Empty Re: * Are you losing confidence over PCH Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:36 pm

morros

morros
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I feel that this share will stabilize around 20.
Then start another run

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum