FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is best broker currently

+13
Aamiable
2011_NewComer
sajeethk
Tiger
ShareShares
msns
StocksWatch
rocksan
Panduka1988
swan03
kav4
DKR
Marketinvest
17 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Who is best broker currently  Empty Who is best broker currently Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Who is best broker who provides good advice and a good online trading system

Last edited by milanka on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed ** from heading)

2 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:42 am

DKR

DKR
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

capital trust

3 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:51 am

kav4

me too Capital Trust

4 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 am

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yep, Capital Trust. But select a good, advisable person as your investment adviser. If not, you will be lost.

5 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Panduka1988

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Best broker is in you!!! Get online trading and try to be your own adviser..
Read articles about this subject and learn hove to control your portfolio.. Read articles from the seniors.. Wink

6 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:07 pm

rocksan

rocksan
Manager - Equity Analytics

Panduka1988 wrote:Best broker is in you!!! Get online trading and try to be your own adviser..
Read articles about this subject and learn hove to control your portfolio.. Read articles from the seniors.. Wink

Yes good piece of advice panduka but sometimes we need someone from the industry who get fast and reliable news and facts investment advisers are for that reason they should be equipped with knowledge and current up to the date awareness of the market if they perform their duty of course we have to seek what you have mentioned above.

7 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:16 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

As far as I know, JBS and Capital Trust are the best.

8 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:23 pm

msns

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I have accounts in ASIA securities and Lanka Securities. Both are good. Asia sec. gives CDAX and DirectFN both. Lankasec only CDAX. Flatform wise Asia securities DirectFN is better.

9 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:27 pm

msns

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

bokers wise , both are same, Asia sec and Lanka sec.

10 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 pm

ShareShares

what ever the broker firms who can hold on for one to two weeks are the best.

11 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Tiger

Tiger

This is another area where our incompetent SEC is sleeping on. Brokers are just pocketing brokerage and give carp to investors. SEC should regulate this area to limit the services that brokers provide and the fees that they can charge, so that people can select not just the broker but the services that they offer. For example one should be able to work with a broker any buy only the online facility where investor will execute all transactions by him self and same investor should be able to buy research and recommendation from another broker.

12 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:06 pm

sajeethk

I have with ashapillip more than 5 yrs. its good for me

13 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

Capital trust has DFN tws trading system now. And its good.(once in a while it get stuck and have some issues), but when compared to others(as I have heard) this is really good. Specially with charts and all.

When it comes to advice, I don't listen much to the broker. As Panduka1988 has said, I do it my self. Smile (so can't say much about their advice)

Overall I think Capital trust is good.

14 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Tiger

Tiger

2011_NewComer wrote:
When it comes to advice, I don't listen much to the broker. As Panduka1988 has said, I do it my self. Smile (so can't say much about their advice)

If your are doing it yourself why should you pay more, you should have paid only for running your account and using on line system.

15 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer

Tiger wrote:
2011_NewComer wrote:

If your are doing it yourself why should you pay more, you should have paid only for running your account and using on line system.

If there's such an option I'll definitely select it. Smile

16 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Tiger

Tiger

2011_NewComer wrote:
Tiger wrote:
2011_NewComer wrote:

If there's such an option I'll definitely select it. Smile

All what brokers doing is robbing the investors in broad daylight and SEC is fast asleep, after all they are incompetent to give a solution.

17 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Aamiable

sajeethk wrote:I have with ashapillip more than 5 yrs. its good for me

I am happy with Asia Securities. ............I buy on line hardly discuss about stocks. Smile i just ask how is the market..

18 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:44 pm

isurusampa

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Asha phillp

19 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:37 pm

rocksan

rocksan

isurusampa wrote:Asha phillp

Either you should be an employee of AP or a HNWI Razz

20 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm

laki

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

what do you think about thaprobane?

21 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 am

Hash-gin

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

It is evident from the overall comment on this forum that there is a certain degree of disdain towards brokers. Hence rating parasites is a futile effort, possibly a gimmick by a broker/ investment advisor to obtain abit of mileage. The SEC in my view is complicit in this whole saga.

The only thing brokers / investment advisors do is manipulate and if at all give "advice" which helps them either pump up volume in a certain stock, provides them an advantageous position to appease a HNWI or just support one of their "bet horses " a few of them decide amongst themselves. They are just there to clock off the brokerage and have absolutely no duty of care or moral standing.
Short of naming and shaming this is a very common practice amongst these vermins today.
I have been trading in the market for over 15 years and this situation has precipitated over the past 3-4 years. Brokers are supposed to be investment advisors... what advise do they give..

e.g. - sell a stock when it begins to run on a particular day and then re-buy same quantity at the end of the day at about 15 % premium. I am talking in quantities of 10,000 - 50,000 shares.
Buy particular shares many days after initial buy order was discussed at premium prices... it is done when the broker is " free" with no trades to execute.

Using CDAX sometimes is not a viable option due to time zone differences and the inability to place buy orders of certain volumes sans cash in till.

These forums are filled with people highlighting short-coming in terms of the SEC and regulation / insider trading.
Have the regulators ever come down hard on the brokers ??? No
Have the regulators ever required Brokers to adhere to a certain levels of ethics and standard practices ?? No ( I guess this is reflective of the present state of the country)
Brokers just do nothing and earn money similar to our ministers....
there are numerous occasions of negligence and outright fraud that have occurred, what have the internal compliance (if any) of these firms done.. what has the SEC done... nothing.
I think its high time on-line trading platforms are re-vamped. Brokerage should only be paid when the broker provides advice and executes transactions.

Its high time these unethical bottom-dwelling scum called brokers / investment advisors are bought to task and a few are made examples of.

The caveat emptor : "Buyer Beware" actually applies to the law of property. But yes can be loosely applicable to any sort of situation. HOWEVER:

when you for example obtain banking services you can do all the pre work possible but you pay a price because a "banker" has a duty of care and obligation to do right by his client.

You can do all the research on an illness / hospital care etc, but a doctor is in effect an advisor who is duty bound to provide a due level of care and diligence. The same applies to a lawyer.

Take hotel and restaurants - again all the review etc will only make you make a decision. Final delivery, cleanliness, hygiene etc is upto the person who provides that service.

As a trader what a retailer needs to be "aware" is that if he /she trades via an internet trading platform or directs a broker to purchase on their behalf they do run a risk of purchasing a stock item where you may not know all the intricacies or technical details and may be driven by a heard mentality.
However the purpose of a broker / investment advisor is to provide that guidance and duty of care to ensure that the broker does correct by their client. That may be just a simple advice of not to follow the herd mentality, avoid a purchase or provides alternatives. That’s all they need to do.

What I keep harping on is the moral and ethical fiber that these brokerages lack. the SEC is hand in glove with such institutions .....
All I am mooting is a stronger regulatory environment with impartial and objective individuals at the SEC and much stronger broker regulations and monitoring... all this insider trading issues will be circumvented to a great deal if this can be achieved.

22 Who is best broker currently  Empty Re: Who is best broker currently Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:05 am

Soundchips

Broker firms generally discuss ,.... ultimately buyer decide on stocks.....buyers need to study a bit...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum