FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please band the posts those promoting shares blindly - within short term

+14
Rajaraam
Roboticfx
rajendran1989
investor1984
sas
schacha
bePositive
natsume
Jeejay
Market Sucker
MarketW
Tradespot
Tiger
stockanalytic
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

stockanalytic

stockanalytic
Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear admin,
Please band the posts those promoting shares blindly. Most of the blind Gurus are promoting their holdings without evidences. New members and poor retail investors are getting trapped in their words and buying the shares in credit. I know one of my friend read posts in this forum and bought EAST in credit - today he got forced selling. Someone is blindly saying "this share will move tomorrow, this share will move day after tomorrow, tomorrow hot stocks are these these..." New guys without experience in market are blindly following them. They are buying in credit with expectation of short term gain. Then they are loosing money with force selling. Please take ation to prevent these type of posts.

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Your friend deserves to lose money, he gambled and failed.

stockanalytic

stockanalytic

Tiger wrote:Your friend deserves to lose money, he gambled and failed.
He is new to market - just one month.

Tradespot

Tradespot
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

In stock market Luck and knowledge both should work 2gthr.. U dnt jump in to a well just because some one say so. and every one has the freedom to share their ideas..

My personal Experience i have gained a lot from EAST , Not just following posts blindly .. and i never rush in to buying i do my own studies.and i watch my self not to buy on credit. and specially when u r new to market u never buy on credit unless u know what u are doing..
Hope this helps Wink

MarketW

Hay Its his decision not yours....Why do anyone even your new friend buy stocks at credit....Are you and him dumb enough to buy on rumors and specially on credit....Bro Its your friends fault....Not this forum...Get a Life ...Learn and tell him to never again trade Stock ON CREDIT...
No matter a bigginer or a pro u should never trade on credit....And EAST is good for hold if your friend got it from his own money...
If not...THEN ITS A GOOD LESSON FOR HIM...If he dont have money just KEEP AWAY FROM STOCK MARKET AND THIS SITE>....LOOSER...

stockanalytic

stockanalytic

MarketW wrote:Hay Its his decision not yours....Why do anyone even your new friend buy stocks at credit....Are you and him dumb enough to buy on rumors and specially on credit....Bro Its your friends fault....Not this forum...Get a Life ...Learn and tell him to never again trade Stock ON CREDIT...
No matter a bigginer or a pro u should never trade on credit....And EAST is good for hold if your friend got it from his own money...
If not...THEN ITS A GOOD LESSON FOR HIM...If he dont have money just KEEP AWAY FROM STOCK MARKET AND THIS SITE>....LOOSER...

I didn't write this for my friend. I put that only for example. Many new comers are following blindly. U know - one thread is going on - "tomorrow hot counters" how many shares performed today as predicted yesterday??? Why some members posting like idiots and acting like divine prophesies???? Post your analysis, post with some evidence. That will be good for the forum. Small kid can say blindly this can go up or down. Don't act as kids.
Another thread by MONO...
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t9693-divine-prophesies#65550

MarketW

""Small kid can say blindly this can go up or down.""

ACTING BEHALF OF SOME POST OF A SMALL KID IS SOMETHING, BUT THE ONE WHO READ IT AND BUY STOCKS SPECIALLY WITH CREDIT(I PREFER HIM AS A SIBLING)
I know you must got hurt and burned fingers from this....but...There is rights for every member to post about stocks in this forum....
Act wisely and some information is like Treasure...I wont tell you what...
But Mature investors know how to read everything and guess who tells the truth.....But KIDS STAY AWAY FROM THE MARKET....

stockanalytic

stockanalytic

MarketW wrote:
I know you must got hurt and burned fingers from this....
haha... I am doing stock trading and investment from my 1st year of university life. now I am working as a doctor with 3years experience. I am not a blind follower of this forum members. I am just talking for new comers.

Market Sucker

Market Sucker
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

MarketW wrote:""Small kid can say blindly this can go up or down.""

....but...There is rights for every member to post about stocks in this forum....

ya you can act and post freely and let this forum also got vanished such like happened in in*********

Market Sucker

Market Sucker

stockanalytic wrote:Dear admin,
Please band the posts those promoting shares blindly. Most of the blind Gurus are promoting their holdings without evidences. New members and poor retail investors are getting trapped in their words and buying the shares in credit. I know one of my friend read posts in this forum and bought EAST in credit - today he got forced selling. Someone is blindly saying "this share will move tomorrow, this share will move day after tomorrow, tomorrow hot stocks are these these..." New guys without experience in market are blindly following them. They are buying in credit with expectation of short term gain. Then they are loosing money with force selling. Please take ation to prevent these type of posts.

ddnt we saw what happened to acting mods when they go against such like posts.
just go and browse the "MOST ACTIVE TOPICS"..

Jeejay

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Blind and foolish people have no chance in this forum and they will be trapped by reading this forum. Your friend is buying for the first time and would have got a nice experience. Its your friend fault for just looking at the forum and buying shares before researching on it...everyone has a right to post watever they want. On CSE shares are very unpredicatble and they dont go according to analysis. In this forum lots of people have guided us in earning profit and we should know wat shares wil help us and choose that and we should also have knowledge and luck and to react according to the market situation.

natsume

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

may be most ppl argue without reading below announcement

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/4921315464887_.pdf

bePositive

bePositive

Jeejay wrote:

Blind and foolish people have no chance in this forum and they will be trapped by reading this forum. Your friend is buying for the first time and would have got a nice experience. Its your friend fault for just looking at the forum and buying shares before researching on it...everyone has a right to post watever they want. On CSE shares are very unpredicatble and they dont go according to analysis. In this forum lots of people have guided us in earning profit and we should know wat shares wil help us and choose that and we should also have knowledge and luck and to react according to the market situation.

Bravo ! you said it right ! Jeejay, you are 100% correct,
this is a Forum= A forum is a meeting or opportunity for an exchange of views

http://www.viabletraffic.com

schacha

Some earn, Some lose MONEY at CSE.
All kind of people are writing for this forum.
May be professional PF managers, Stock brokers, Degree holders, Uni students, Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, Investors, Gamblers, Lay people, even school students may writing just for fun, and many others.
So when U post some thing thats for all of this community.
A broker and teacher will not take same action.
This is also like a Malwatta RD, U may get good products some times but some times totally different, U shold be wise enough to follow others.
Learners may do wrong things and they will learn out of that too(if a good learner will learn from others faults too) But if they are going to do serious mistake seniors should help the freshers to protect themselves.
I believe this attitude of learning, teaching and helping is very much lacking in our community and this is why we are very slow to develop as a country.

Tiger

Tiger

natsume wrote:may be most ppl argue without reading below announcement

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/4921315464887_.pdf

So what does it say about the financial impact of this transaction?

sas

sas

schacha wrote:Some earn, Some lose MONEY at CSE.
All kind of people are writing for this forum.
May be professional PF managers, Stock brokers, Degree holders, Uni students, Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, Investors, Gamblers, Lay people, even school students may writing just for fun, and many others.
So when U post some thing thats for all of this community.
A broker and teacher will not take same action.
This is also like a Malwatta RD, U may get good products some times but some times totally different, U shold be wise enough to follow others.
Learners may do wrong things and they will learn out of that too(if a good learner will learn from others faults too) But if they are going to do serious mistake seniors should help the freshers to protect themselves.
I believe this attitude of learning, teaching and helping is very much lacking in our community and this is why we are very slow to develop as a country.

agree with you a lot.
we can give all we know
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t8297-start-in-cse-sinhala?
but the thing is that when someone shout about shares that we already hold what can we do???
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t6138-portfolio-advice-needed?
so fittest survive Very Happy

investor1984

investor1984

What would have been your suggestion if your friend profited from the deal???? I wonder whether Its u or ur friend who has bought it. To read a post in a forum and to take a decision purely on it is STUPIDITY and and that money is DUMB MONEY. We dont need dumb money , those money should be wiped out, those stupid people should be punished. Investing in share market need brain, u r friend deserve not be in a place like that. Sorry for the hard language.

rajendran1989

rajendran1989
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

This forum is for every trader and investor in cse.
Everyone of us can share our ideas and analysis.
All of us here don't have analysing skills of stocks. But, we all have some ideas.
That's why, everyone who buys any share believe that one day their shares will go up by X%.

Evry member in this forum has the right to share their ideas and thoughts abt shares.
No one is asked to buy shares by following this forum posts blindly.
Whether to take the risk is with each and every one who manages their portfolio.

NO ONE CAN BLAME OTHER FORUM MEMBERS AFTER BUYING SOME SHARES BY FOLLOWING POSTS BLINDLY.

This is my view.

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

The last decision of a trade or an investment should be made by the investor independently. because the money is belonged to him. He shouldn't be blind or disable allowing his portfolio to manage by other selves. yes, new investors need other's help. But at least he should have the personality to trust them or neglect them. I'm also new to the stock market but I don't go for everything said by many people. Human has a brain to understand things and take decisions. Nobody can't predict about stocks 100% well. Unexpected things are happening in CSE daily. its layout is like a simple vegetable market. But there are many differences alse and it is more complex. Sometimes vegetable prices go high and sometimes go low. Sometimes there are reasons to the changes such as changes of climate and sometimes not. That is similar to the movement of stock market. Many losers get huge losses by lack of knowledge. They are not familiar with the stocks which they are planning to trade. Just saw and went. We live in this society as we learned to live. We get meals with manners as we learned it. So, How does a person take actions in stock market without knowing even what is it? Please think about it first. Scolding to this forum is useless. This forum is open for everybody. If someone need only a expert's forum he can find another one. The wrong is on their own hands. Smile

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Your friend has paid the cost of dealing shares on credit at very early stage of business.Many members have advised the new small investors not to trade with credit at the start. May be after several years experiance one can start using credit facility for trading. We cant blaim the members who expressed their views.

bePositive

bePositive

rajendran1989 wrote:This forum is for every trader and investor in cse.
Everyone of us can share our ideas and analysis.
All of us here don't have analysing skills of stocks. But, we all have some ideas.
That's why, everyone who buys any share believe that one day their shares will go up by X%.

Evry member in this forum has the right to share their ideas and thoughts abt shares.
No one is asked to buy shares by following this forum posts blindly.
Whether to take the risk is with each and every one who manages their portfolio.

NO ONE CAN BLAME OTHER FORUM MEMBERS AFTER BUYING SOME SHARES BY FOLLOWING POSTS BLINDLY.

This is my view.

Well Said. Agree 100%

http://www.viabletraffic.com

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

If someone enters this arena without research and analysis and hoping to get rich quickly, then the person deserves to get what he/she got.

I do not know which posting that he was following but that unsubstantiated Post has served him a better lesson than a one with too much technical stuff.

He will be careful and cautious next time.

That is why I am against Moderation (this I have said in another Posting too) because even seemingly useless looking postings too have a role to play in the over-all bigger picture.

However, if a few want to make this an exclusive “Country Club”, and then many would not have any difficulty staying away.

The Rome was not built in one day and we all have a fair share of getting our fingers burnt too some even at latter stage .

RealViewer

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Your are free to swing a stick wherever you like and and your freedom is there until you touch the next one.

This is what happen our people most of time. try to misuse the freedom. then all the regulations and rules come in to play. People who live or had lived abroad might realize this.

For a example Wikipedia is free to edit but not put false information there (most). That is kind of discipline need from every individual. Further there are tech technical forums. among them there are few we can trust. everyone refer those trustworthy forums. If there is a forum with more control and trustworthy, 99% will move there. Then no one will say you have to do your own research we will stay here. This is the truth and how it happens.

Anyone can say any thing but not misuse that freedom.

this is my personal view.

Aamiable

I also tried few short term small cap stocks.... (Test drive small quantity) does not seem to sustain.... trial and error type of examples...going back to medium term investments.... Smile

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Gentlemen and Ladies ( as there are more Gentlemen is appears)

Promoters:

1) It will be rather obvious to many when you try to promote your portfolio shares . People will loose respect for you and the forum will
know who is who
2) When you do not back any Topic posting with a reason ( fundamental,technical, pattern, certain news etc) it automatically
borderlines a promotion and people will recognize your intensions badly
3) The issue is the more experienced will recognize promotions but NEW COMERS will blindly follow and be mislead.

4) So it is your duty to the forum, and country to be Genuine and not be manipulators. I am still assuming this world still has more good than bad. I hope you do not want to see this forum crash too? ( though we will try our best to not let it)

Community kindly understand

1) Moderators/Admin want to promote a friendly environment and are most times reluctant delete post as it will be discouraging for new posters. I have said this in the past too.
2) But if people abuse this, then such people will not leave us any option but to delete or ban
3) the Moderators are doing total Volunteer servie here. ( no incentive). So many of us do not have time to police every topic. So
the community should consider that fact too when some post escape your expected quality

In summary,

This is your forum. It is your responsibility to protect it. Please make sure you back your Topic with a reason. Even if you are a New Comer please first read forum guidelines and respect it. If you continously abuse this we will have to identify such person and take drastic actions.

Please make every ones lives easier and try to be genuine.

Let us help each other to be more sucessfull. It our moral obligation. Don;t be manipulator or promoters.

Remember, what goes around can come back to bite you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum