FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION

+7
IO3+O
jonny
Dhehan
Gintonic
lux2014
Teller
worthiness
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:52 pm

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

About two weeks before the election, one TV program run by State media was loaded with so called senior, superior astrologers namely Sumanadasa, Chandrasiri Bandara, Piyasena & many others. I could not remember the name of another lawyer cum astrologer. They gloriously talked of auspicious planetary movements & extending its decisive factor extremely favoring to Mr.MR on election day.

Dear so called astrologers, for our knowledge purpose & for your future beneficial career, you are kindly requested to present all Sri Lankans, Why & How yours' predictions were gone wrongly. You guys have placed the highest hope to the supporters of Mr.MR in the presence of millions in the country via state TV program.

Have you guys not cheated millions of poor people's hard earned money in presenting their horoscope details. Have you guys not ever thought of the people who curse the deceptive wrong doers. If not, I humbly request you guys, on behalf of all fallen citizens, to present your counter arguments, facts & explanation clearly without delay.

"When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.”
― Cheryl Hughes

2ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Teller

Teller

Other guy is mapalagama i guess

3ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:27 pm

lux2014

lux2014
Manager - Equity Analytics

Mapalagama said he'd set himself on fire if MR loses. Bandara said he would shoot himself.

Mapalagama now talks about setting oneself on fire without dying. Anybody knows how to shoot oneself non-lethally?

4ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:01 am

Gintonic

Now the buggers will come out with something like "රටේ නීතියට අනුව සිය දිවි නසා ගැනීම බරපතළ වරදක්, එනිසා නීතියට ගරු කරමින් එම අදහස අත හරින්නට අකමැත්තෙන් වුවද සිදු විය." Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers

5ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:35 am

Dhehan

Dhehan
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

MR lost his credibility by himself

6ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:56 pm

jonny

jonny
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

worthiness wrote:About two weeks before the election, one TV program run by State media was loaded with so called senior, superior astrologers namely Sumanadasa, Chandrasiri Bandara, Piyasena & many others. I could not remember the name of another lawyer cum astrologer. They gloriously talked of auspicious planetary movements & extending its decisive factor extremely favoring to Mr.MR on election day.

Dear so called astrologers, for our knowledge purpose & for your future beneficial career, you are kindly requested to present all Sri Lankans, Why & How yours' predictions were gone wrongly. You guys have placed the highest hope to the supporters of Mr.MR in the presence of millions in the country via state TV program.

Have you guys not cheated millions of poor people's hard earned money in presenting their horoscope details. Have you guys not ever thought of the people who curse the deceptive wrong doers. If not, I humbly request you guys, on behalf of all fallen citizens, to present your counter arguments, facts & explanation clearly without delay.

"When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.”
― Cheryl Hughes

these scoundrels are one of the click that vioaletd election  law of sri lanka by presenting them in front of TV camera of government media.According to EC...these scoundrels should be shot at head.NOT BELOW KNEE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

IO3+O

Laughing

Laughing

8ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:35 am

Gintonic

හිතට දුකක් ඇති උනාම අපිට ටිකක් හිනා වෙන්න
මේ වාගේ තව තියනව නම් ඉඳ හිටලා දාන්න! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! tongue tongue

9ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm

worthiness

Lord Buddha said, “ Kim Karrisatthi Taraka ?" “What stars can do ? “

It is not stars doing anything to you. It is your own actions and the reactions of past actions (Karmas) are shaping your destiny. Your true savior is none but yourself as it is your duty to steer your life on the correct path.

10ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 pm

IO3+O

මහින්ද පරදින බව දැන සිටියා බයට කිව්වෙ නෑ - සුමනදාස   Laughing

http://offair.nethfm.com/article/11318

11ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:04 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

No scientific analysis in Astrology

This subject was developed by cunning people . They have been using Astrology with there conman sense forecast one of possible event

When it is correct they took the mean advantage and earn wealth

Lot of people specially people who want to get married suffer due
to astrology

12ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

IO3+O wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

2nd vedio eka mara Joli ban

13ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 am

CARACALLA

CARACALLA

http://www.itn.lk/2014/12/10/athulanthaya-2014-12-10

14ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:10 pm

IO3+O

ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION 10906410

15ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:34 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

The above statement of Chadrasiri Bandara clerly indicate All Astrologers are real Jokers

Lord Buddha never believe Astrology

I can't understand why Buddhist people believe Astrology

16ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:54 pm

shane001

Really disappointed about MR. He could be develop this country and reduce price of good next two years. But he tried to increase his power

17ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Dhehan

Dhehan

No faith on astrologers and all these astrologers are making money out of it. As long as people who has confidence mind then they no need any sort of advice from astrologers.

Only God knows everytings and not this jokers

18ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:18 pm

worthiness

Millions of people contribute to thrive the wealth of astrologers. Essence of astrology may be correct but the way being tackled by local astrologers is elusive.

Different thought of highly accepted schools (initiated by Maha Rishis ) in astrology, present controversial explanation of effect of planet movements. While respecting the essence of all acceptable universal unknown facts, let me request all astrologers not to grab hard earned money of down trodden class.

19ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Empty Re: ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:33 pm

jonny

jonny

IO3+O wrote:
ASTROLOGERS - NEED EXPLANATION 10906410

Mu parana banis ekak wage kisima mkt nathi patta horek..!!

IO3+O

I don't want to risk my life for astrology – Chandrasiri Bandara - By Chamika Munasinghe

There were many who pledged bets during the campaign period of the recently concluded presidential election. Some in the government were so confident of the former President's victory that a former minister bet the ancestral home her father had built for her and a Provincial Minister bet a luxury vehicle. However, none would be regretting their bet more than astrologer Chandrasiri Bandara, who pledged that he would commit suicide by shooting himself, in the event Mahinda Rajapaksa was defeated at the election. Now he says, at the time he made the pledge he was aware that the former President was going to lose the election.

Following are excerpts:

Q: All the predictions about the former President's victory were wrong, weren't they?

A: No. I knew he was not going to be re-elected. I only said he would not lose his job.

Q: You said, the President will continue in his job.
A: I said it was the job of the President. I thought the President would somehow win the presidential election.

Q: Didn't you make the prediction according to astrology?
A: I knew for certain that he would have stayed on as President, if the opposition had slipped up even for a second. That is why I said Mahinda Rajapaksa would stay on as the President, on 8, 9 and 11 January.

Q: Isn't it a prediction of victory?
A: There was a reason for me to keep saying that. Nobody who is questioning me now knows what really happened.

Q: You kept saying 'MR will win.' And now after he lost you have changed your tune.
A: I told you there was a reason why I said it. I was under a lot of pressure.

Q: Don't you have faith in astrology?
A: When I said that Mahinda Rajapaksa would lose the 2010 presidential election, people made him a war hero and elected him as President for the second time. Eventually, I was accused of conspiring against the President and the State. I was also accused of attempting to assassinate the President. I was arrested under the Prevention of Terrorism Act.

Q: Do you mean to say that you lied to the entire country due to a personal reason?
A: Whatever you say now, nobody helped me then. I had already said to the people in 2010 not to re-elect Mahinda Rajapaksa as President although I did not say it again in 2015. After 2010 I had so many problems to keep the family fires burning. Why should I get in trouble again?

Q: Do you think it is correct to lie to the people?
A: That question can be important to you, but not to me.

Q: If you cannot take the responsibility for what you say, why do you go and make such predictions?
A: It is not that I'm not responsible. I have children. I once made a brave prediction and almost got killed. Why should I make the same mistake?

Q: In that case, what about those people who had put faith in your predictions?
A: I did not provide astrological services to people. I did not earn money from astrology. I am only an astrological adviser.

Q: Does that mean you did not read horoscopes for money?
A: No. I did not earn money by soothsaying. Please understand that.

Q: How does an astrological adviser earn money?
A: What can I say? The way I earn money is not important. What is important for me is no one comes to my rescue when I get in trouble.

Q: The why did you say you wanted the former President to win the presidential election?
A: I said that to save my life.

Q: Although you say so now, you earlier said you liked his victory because of affection.
A: Yes I wanted him to win, due to the reason I just mentioned.

Q: Do you say so now to avoid taking responsibility?
A: I don't avoid people. What I'm saying this is the reality.

Q: Knowing all of this, why did you mislead the people?
A: A baby is not born into this world suddenly. It is a process that takes months. Everything has a reason behind it. You might have seen how stressful I get during television programmes. It was due to the pressure put on me.

Q: Did you make a pledge to shoot yourself to death because of stress?
A: Actually, we are under pressure from the government. I am afraid of what I had to face earlier. Nobody helped me then. After the 2010 presidential election, people did not consult me for horoscope reading. I lost a lot of things.

Q: What did you lose due to that prediction?
A: I lost my house worth about Rs 50 million. I sold it and sent the employees in my software project abroad. Otherwise they could have faced the same fate as me. In the end I lost my home.

Q: You may have earned all that back through astrology.
A: Are you insane? I still live in a rented house. I have a lot more to do for my two children in the future.

Q: You displayed such confidence when you vowed to shoot yourself. But now you are trying to brush those statements aside by saying some other things.
A: I cannot end my life now. I must educate my little daughter. I must make a good future for them. That is why I'm saying these things. This is not evading taking responsibility. Nobody's predictions are 100% accurate.

Q: What do you have to say about that statement now?
A: Everybody told me it was a dangerous statement and urged me not to act on it.

Q: Are you ready to follow through now? Mahinda Rajapaksa has been defeated.
A: If there is someone who can take the responsibility for my death, who can prove his or her identity to the media and declare that they coerce me to death, then I can be ready to shoot myself. However, it will be bad for the people.

Q: How can it be bad for the people? Nobody asked you to shoot yourself.
A: You are correct. But the strongest way to express an idea is saying that you are ready to die for it. I did the same thing. That is all. If I commit suicide, I will be doing it with hatred. You know what will happen if a man dies with hatred in his heart. I will take revenge on the people who compelled me to commit suicide.

Q: Are you trying to rationalize your statement now?
A: What I'm saying is that I despise those Shylocks who demand my flesh and blood, and demand my death.

Q: Don't you think it is astrology that will take a beating when people like you make such statements?
A: Liberalism has always condemned astrology. It was not something done by me.

Q: Why do you insult it further by making such statements?
A: Those who are under threat want to save their lives. Astrologers were suppressed in Joseph Stalin's time also. Such things have happened in the history. All wanted to save their lives. I also don't want to risk my life for astrology.

Q: Will you continue practising astrology?
A: I will not stop my work. Why I delayed to face the media is due to my digital programmes which are being recorded. I have done many things that will be publicized in the future.

Q: Will you face the media to defend yourself?
A: Yes. I will face the media soon and reveal the reasons why I was compelled to do so. If people still insist that I must commit suicide, I will do so.

Source - http://www.ceylontoday.lk/89-82524-news-detail-i-dont-want-to-risk-my-life-for-astrology-chandrasiri-bandara.html

For The Sinhala Version - http://www.gossiplankahotnews.com/2015/01/chandrasiri-bandara-ready-to-shoots.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum