FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)

+51
Anushka Perz
Equity Master
sakuni
Shiranli
shiraz latiff
Dasun Maduwantha
rajithasahan
nilantha suranga
soileconomy
samaritan
කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
geesura
svkiruba8@gmail.com
cseguide
prabath
abey
Teller
nimantha80
tradera516
sisira.wijeweera
Hawk Eye
Fairtrade
Top Trader
shadow walker
SHARK aka TAH
slmarket2
anu
hello
sahan8896
stocks hunter
Takecharge
The Alchemist
Antonym
anges
Jana
Slstock
Bond
Gaja
Gainer
gamester
lkmihiruk
kam2011
aladdin
duke
RockStock
Monster
UKboy
MoneyLover
mark
factFINDER
StocksWatch
55 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

kam2011

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Thanka All. Interesting discussion. Rooms of Rnuka hotel(RENU) were closed for business for around 3 to 4 months during the last financial year , Otherwise EPS could have been little more.However from dec 2010 all rooms are ready for business after refurbishment. (This information are given in dec. Q accounts ) Therefore we can expect better result in the current Q.

ALLI paid highest dividend this year among all finance companies. ALLIi is also engaged in stock market business and every year they have earned significant profit from that business.

Antonym

Vice President - Equity Analytics

CABO has declared a dividend of Rs 4 per share (subject to Shareholder approval at the AGM). This is a significant improvement from last year's Rs 2.25.
AGM Date: 23-09-2011.
XD Date: 26-09-2011.
Payment Date: 29-09-2011.
The dividend announcement has been uploaded on the CSE website.

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Antonym wrote:CABO has declared a dividend of Rs 4 per share (subject to Shareholder approval at the AGM). This is a significant improvement from last year's Rs 2.25.

Thanks Antonym for updating this thread with CABO's latest announcement.

Also I noticed a significant increase in CABO's volume last week. Could it be due to information about this dividend being leaked?

Antonym

StocksWatch wrote:
Antonym wrote:CABO has declared a dividend of Rs 4 per share (subject to Shareholder approval at the AGM). This is a significant improvement from last year's Rs 2.25.

Thanks Antonym for updating this thread with CABO's latest announcement.

Also I noticed a significant increase in CABO's volume last week. Could it be due to information about this dividend being leaked?
Hi, StocksWatch.
I don't know about any information leak.
But if I had some extra funds right now, CABO would be on my shopping list. Not just for the dividend, but for their understated investment portfolio... It would be great if you could update this thread when the CABO Annual Report is released (expected shortly).

lkmihiruk

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

thanks everybody

Antonym

Antonym

StocksWatch wrote:
Company’s Investment:
...The share prices of most of the companies held in CABO’s portfolio had appreciated as of 31st March 2011 and therefore we can expect an increased market value for these investments in the forthcoming annual report for 2010/2011. Let’s try to calculate this figure...

...Therefore we can reasonably expect a market value of CABO’s investment at Rs. 1143 (1123+20) where 20 million is other investments which are not valued at market price...
@StocksWatch: I must commend you on your excellent estimation! The market value of CABO's investments on 31-03-2011 was Rs 1,119 million.

As per my rough calculation, Net Assets per share was approx Rs 162 on 31-03-2011. Can you please confirm this and draw our attention to any new points in their Annual Report?

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/615_1314702698412.%20Annual%20Report%202011.pdf

gamester

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

අයියෝ මේ CABO ගැන කතා කරලා වැඩක් නැ , මේක මලාට වැඩි වෙන්නේ නැ,

This is not a buy/sell/hold recommendation. This is my personal view.
Do your homework & take your own investment decisions.

33CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000) - Page 2 Empty CABO went up 120.00 Thu May 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

CABO holding LLUB 2 million shares
COMB 1.5 million shares
DFCC 2 Million shares
NDB 0.15 million share
SPEN .73 million shares
RENU .45 million shares
SERV 1 million shares and etc.....
currently CABO more value.

Gaja

CABO & RENU hold huge PF in the market, only concern is the management attitude regarding Minority shareholders

Bond

Manager - Equity Analytics

Gaja wrote:CABO & RENU hold huge PF in the market, only concern is the management attitude regarding Minority shareholders

Then why not DFCC?
What would SLIC be worth? Wink

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

You say this after CABO has run 60%. However LLUB would have given them a good revaluation (if they are still holding)

RENU is still at Rs 260-270.

Has

COMB 3.0 million
DFCC 6.9 Million
NDB 0.58 million
NTB 1.8 Million
SERV 2.2 million
RICH 2 million

NAV 320 without portfolio revaluation

Bond

slstock wrote:You say this after CABO has run 60%.

RENU is still at Rs 270.

COMB 3.0 million
DFCC 6.9 Million
NDB 0.5 million
NTB 1.8 Million
SERV 2.2 million
RICH 2 million

I did not say this is not worth. I know the Renuka Group including this one is value for money.

Just asking what is the value of DFCC? Surely such a large block would carry high premium. Just imagine what SLIC is worth with it's stakes.

Slstock

Slstock

I was not referring to you Bond.

Only to Gainer when he quotes CABo portfolio after a 50- 60% run.

If I recall DFCC portfolio was valued at about Rs 40-50 per share ( when DFCC was Rs 110 or Rs 120). Now it has to be more with COMB also increasing.

Anyway since RENU has nearly 1 DFCC per 1 RENU this is value. DFCC ran 40% nearly and RENU only about 20%

There are several portoflio value mismatches by large margins in the market.

CIT/CFI
DIST has a good portfolio with core business ( but DIST is appreciating)
possibly LMF

Bond wrote:

RENU is still at Rs 270.

COMB 3.0 million
DFCC 6.9 Million
NDB 0.5 million
NTB 1.8 Million
SERV 2.2 million
RICH 2 million

I did not say this is not worth. I know the Renuka Group including this one is value for money.

Just asking what is the value of DFCC? Surely such a large block would carry high premium. Just imagine what SLIC is worth with it's stakes.

Bond

slstock wrote:I was not referring to you Bond.

Only to Gainer when he quotes CABo portfolio after a 50- 60% run.

If I recall DFCC portfolio was valued at about Rs 40-50 per share ( when DFCC was Rs 110 or Rs 120). Now it has to be more with COMB also increasing.

Anyway since RENU has nearly 1 DFCC per 1 RENU this is value. DFCC ran 40% nearly and RENU only about 20%

There are several portoflio value mismatches by large margins in the market.

CIT/CFI
DIST has a good portfolio with core business ( but DIST is appreciating)
possibly LMF

Bond wrote:

RENU is still at Rs 270.

COMB 3.0 million
DFCC 6.9 Million
NDB 0.5 million
NTB 1.8 Million
SERV 2.2 million
RICH 2 million

LMF for sure. It is one of the controllers of the Harry J empire. Also it has a good business to back it. If Anchor milk powder imports are stopped ..... well Razz

Gainer

Gainer

COBO holding LLUB 2 million shares

Current value 610 million rupees - Cost 81 million rupees =

529 million profits / number of shares 10,200,036 = 51.86 profits per share.

this profits only from LLUB , Other shares if calculate imagine....... cheers

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:You say this after CABO has run 60%. However LLUB would have given them a good revaluation (if they are still holding)

Has

COMB 3.0 million
DFCC 6.9 Million
NDB 0.58 million
NTB 1.8 Million
SERV 2.2 million
RICH 2 million

RENU NAV 320 without portfolio revaluation trading @ 270/=...

So RENU go up

CABO Hold RENU as well

Then CABO ...!!!

SO CABO may go up...

Slstock

Slstock

Yes but note
roughly 20 CABO shares holds 1 RENU

Jana wrote:
slstock wrote:You say this after CABO has run 60%. However LLUB would have given them a good revaluation (if they are still holding)

Has

COMB 3.0 million
DFCC 6.9 Million
NDB 0.58 million
NTB 1.8 Million
SERV 2.2 million
RICH 2 million

RENU NAV 320 without portfolio revaluation trading @ 270/=...

So RENU go up

CABO Hold RENU as well

Then CABO ...!!!

SO CABO may go up...

anges

gud research gainer ! we need more of u in this forum ! hope cabo follw the same trend of llub & dist !

Antonym

Antonym

On 31st March 2013, CABO was still holding 2 million LLUB shares (Ref: LLUB financial statements), which they had bought at an average of Rs 40.86 each!
The unrealized capital gain on this is more than Rs 50 per CABO share.

Gainer

Gainer

Has
COMB 3.0 million
DFCC 6.9 Million
NDB 0.58 million
NTB 1.8 Million
SERV 2.2 million
RICH 2 million

RENU holding 1.4 million LLUB also huge profits up RENU it will go up 500+ and CABO 200+

The Alchemist

Antonym wrote:
On 31st March 2013, CABO was still holding 2 million LLUB shares (Ref: LLUB financial statements), which they had bought at an average of Rs 40.86 each!

@ Antonym - Have you done a latest portfolio valuation for Cabo ? any idea how much their building in fort is worth ? They also have another share in property in Braybooke place as investment property and also bought some land adjacent to their Fort Building. wonder how much all this is worth ? i remember this is your share to outperform in 2013. already run up 50 % !

Antonym

Antonym

The Alchemist wrote:
Antonym wrote:

@ Antonym - Have you done a latest portfolio valuation for Cabo ? any idea how much their building in fort is worth ? They also have another share in property in Braybooke place as investment property and also bought some land adjacent to their Fort Building. wonder how much all this is worth ? i remember this is your share to outperform in 2013. already run up 50 % !

@The Alchemist: I have not done a proper revaluation of CABO recently because the exact value doesn't matter, really. The financials next week and the Annual Report (in August) would possibly give us proper valuations of their assets.
In my view, the share is worth upwards of Rs 200; it was ridiculously cheap at Rs 80, and it is undervalued even now.
Disclaimer: Share prices are not determined by what I think they are worth. CABO might rise, CABO might fall. I don't know for certain. Very Happy

Takecharge

I am considering whether to buy MORI-X or CABO on Monday, any suggestions. which would move up faster in the short-term.

Gainer

Gainer

CABO investment propertys more valuable current market price.

Property at No. 41
Janadhipathi Mawatha,
Colombo 1.

Property at No. 29
Braybrook Street,
Colombo 2.

Property at No. 35,
35, 1/1 & 37
Janadhipathi Mawatha,
Colombo 1

Gainer

Gainer

CABO current market value more than 240.00

51CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Oh My God - The CABO Investment Mon May 27, 2013 7:13 pm

stocks hunter

Did u all notice guys. Just see the CABO investment portfolio. They are having LLUB 2,000,000mn shares with them and the cost is just 81,725,490.

Value as at 31.03.2012 was Rs 363,800,000mn. This was at Rs 181.00 per LLUB share.

Now todays LLUB trading price is Rs 315.00 and the investment value should be Rs 630,000,000mn. That means LLUB is representing almost Rs54 value in CABO share.

Where will be the end of CABO then?????????

anges

i am sure it will follow path of dist and llub

sahan8896

anges wrote:i am sure it will follow path of dist and llub
DIST still warming. Very Happy

hello

I also Bought today 2000 CABO @ 129.90 Because of the LLUB going up and up.

LLUB went up to 324 today , I expect It may pass 350/= very soon then CABO also pas 150/=

Takecharge

Bought both, looking forward to gains, in the short term.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum