FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dont catch falling knives!

+32
geesura
nish84
invest thinker
FireandWater
Junior investor
judecroos
subash81
ONTHEMONEY
Teller
dayandacool
xhunter
reyaz
ChooBoy
Eng Krishantha
npgslnawa
samaritan
Sanju121
Yahapalanaya
target1
EquityChamp
sahan8896
bhanu
Kipling
MarketWch
chathura123
God Father
Soilconomy
Riz123
AsithaDe
roshan1039
ResearchMan
Quibit
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:26 am

ChooBoy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

JKH is a falling Knife

Kipling and Rational Investor dislike this post

52Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:55 pm

roshan1039

Falling knife where are you hiding?
Please tell us when will this market fall

53Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 pm

reyaz

roshan1039 wrote:Falling knife where are you hiding?
Please tell us when will this market fall

Waiting for sheildskye, but rest assured- market has reached rock bottom. I believe the same thing realists do= Worst times force best decisions, that is what separates a genius from a flock of fools.

we can take the markets to new heights, Yes we can.

roshan1039 and samaritan like this post

54Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Knives have fallen!
Profit Taking will soon kick in.
Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Scree109

c.sen likes this post

xhunter dislikes this post

55Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:21 pm

xhunter

Quibit wrote:Knives have fallen!
do you know how many profit taking cycled kicked in, everyone had their own targets and batten has been passed several times in this relay. you maintain a virtual portfolio and you think everyone maintain a static portfolio and try to liquidate those at the same time. you are a cheater who trying to mislead others.

madukp likes this post

56Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:34 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool

Common sense!!! A person who holds a portfolio like what you posted will never encourage anyone to sell at this juncture.

Virtual and Fake is my gut feeling!!!

madukp likes this post

57Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:44 pm

xhunter

xhunter

dayandacool wrote:

Common sense!!! A person who holds a portfolio like what you posted will never encourage anyone to sell at this juncture.

Virtual and Fake is my gut feeling!!!
it is from the VsTox

http://www.vstox.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxrSWxHP6M

Quibit = බොනිකර  තරුව

she is trying to build up a real portfolio by sucking others blood

madukp likes this post

58Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:05 pm

roshan1039

Quibit wrote:What is a Falling Knife?

A falling knife describes a stock which has experienced a rapid decline in value in a short amount of time. Just like a falling knife, you don't want to catch these companies on their way down.

[For explanations of nine other strange investment terms, read Dead Cat Bounce -- 10 Strange Investment Terms Explained.]
How Does a Falling Knife Work?

A stock's downward price behavior can qualify it as a falling knife for numerous reasons. In many cases, negative news about an issuing company can initially result in a stock's falling knife behavior subsequent to widespread market divestiture. Under these circumstances, the stock's price will often recuperate in the market in the wake of a positive follow-up announcement by the issuer.

Freddie Mac is a good example of a falling knife. In July 2008, as people realized the true extent of the housing crisis, Freddie Mac saw its stock price fall 77.8% in less than one month.

Why Does a Falling Knife Matter?

A falling knife represents a stock whose viability as an investment has diminished. Under certain circumstances a falling knife may represent an opportunity to purchase the stock at a low price with the distinct possibility of price recuperation and rapid capital appreciation. Like a falling knife, these companies are safe to pick up only after they've hit the floor.

When market was clearly going up she tried to panic the people by posting market is going to fall.
Same person has collected low and now again talking about profit taking cycles
Beware of these manipulators they will suck your hard earned money

Eranga87, AsithaDe, xhunter, madukp, Zahara khan and judecroos like this post

59Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:59 am

AsithaDe

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

She Is Back. By following these people I loose valuable opportunities last time, I was waiting further drop in Market.  after that day now only I saw her post.

roshan1039 likes this post

60Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 am

Teller

Teller

@Asitha, dont follow big big manipulators tweets and fb pages. They give you hopes and dump next day . Remember history will be repeated like 2012

dakzsl likes this post

61Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:30 am

roshan1039

Teller wrote:@Asitha, dont follow big big manipulators tweets and fb pages. They give you hopes and dump next day . Remember history will be repeated like 2012

Yea true, it will be repeated and those who had experience will survive
New comers we have to educate continiously.
You are.doing a great work. Keep it up

madukp and judecroos like this post

62Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:36 am

xhunter

xhunter

Teller wrote:@Asitha, dont follow big big manipulators tweets and fb pages. They give you hopes and dump next day . Remember history will be repeated like 2012
Not only those market manipulators , you should not follow anyone. if a person says market will drop to 4800 or market will move to 7000 , in both cases you should just ignore that. market manipulators can be in both ends.
I am telling this because this same person is also one of them. you can check his post and how he tried hard to mislead new comers.

take away is "never follow anyone". learn how to analyze, estimate value, learn market behaviors, put all together and decide your prices (value is not the price, price will be decided by the market, market movement will be developed based on lot of other factors). calculate risk, come up with all risk mitigation plan. understand the thumb rule that when market gradually increase the probability of having a market dip increase, consider that and act accordingly. but be patient and it is not necessary to react for every development in the market.

But most important thing is, understand this person is also a manipulator who works for a third party.

roshan1039, madukp and judecroos like this post

63Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:12 am

roshan1039

xhunter wrote:
Not only those market manipulators , you should not follow anyone. if a person says market will drop to 4800 or market will move to 7000 , in both cases you should just ignore that. market manipulators can be in both ends.
I am telling this because this same person is also one of them. you can check his post and how he tried hard to mislead new comers.

take away is "never follow anyone". learn how to analyze, estimate value, learn market behaviors, put all together and decide your prices (value is not the price, price will be decided by the market, market movement will be developed based on lot of other factors). calculate risk, come up with all risk mitigation plan. understand the thumb rule that when market gradually increase the probability of having a market dip increase, consider that and act accordingly. but be patient and it is not necessary to react for every development in the market.

But most important thing is, understand this person is also a manipulator who works for a third party.

Agree

64Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:45 am

xhunter

xhunter

In my previous post i said , when market increase the probability of having a market dip will also increase and we should act accordingly. 
So i thought for some members it will be valuable if i can share what i usually do (99% members , this is not important because they have build up their own strategy to address this, but for the rest this might be important ).

It is simple this is what i did. when market reached very close to 6000, that was one of action point according to my risk mitigating plan. my well planned action was liquidate 10% of my portfolio and keep cash ready.
I never saw this covid is coming or any sort of market dip. honestly i thought market will move to 6200 and then there will be a correction (that is not based on analysis, it is based on the momentum market gained in mid September) 

But i can not deviate from the original plan (because that plan was created putting lot of things in to consideration, so my emotions are not important, i should execute the plan).

here is the proof , my cash statement.
10% of my portfolio is just 4.5 mn , so you can see what i sold
Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Cash-s11

Why i sold RCL?   my target price was 120 , so it came very close that is one of my pick
Why I sold dialog ? i can say the reason, it is unfair to people who invested in dialog (but dialog can be sold even for 11.60)
Why i sold SAMP? my target price was 145, but it develop negative short term momentum
Why i sold COMB? No i didn't sell it, only  small portion were sold because i needed to make it 4.5 mn

Last edited by xhunter on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

madukp and Wonderer like this post

65Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:47 am

ChooBoy

Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 C5297e10

samaritan dislikes this post

66Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:52 am

ONTHEMONEY

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi all,

I feel extra watchful and observing the market till this Friday and next would be wise.

Good Luck

geesura likes this post

67Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am

samaritan

ChooBoy wrote:Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 C5297e10
March & May 2020 scenario is irrelevant, because that was the very first time the country faced a pandemic and the panic is justifiable, but at present people are aware of the threat and knowledgeable that it is manageable/controllable situation. 

ErangaDS, Zahara khan and judecroos like this post

68Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:04 pm

samaritan

Even you catch falling knives don't catch falling wives!Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_lolDont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_lolDont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_lol

Happy week-end.

69Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:32 pm

subash81

samaritan wrote:Even you catch falling knives don't catch falling wives!Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_lolDont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_lolDont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_lol

Happy week-end.
Happy weekend  Very Happy Very Happy

70Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 am

ChooBoy

The latest woes have left millions of small investors feeling more confused than ever.
The free markets and common sense beg us to flee to safety. However, that's not to say there will not be any speed bumps on the road to prosperity.
The stock market's sudden downturn has left investors asking a disturbingly familiar question: What should I do now? The latest woes have left millions of small investors feeling more confused than ever. The volatility has triggered frantic calls from small investors who are desperate for guidance.
The up trend seems to have run out of steam for the time being. There could be a fair amount of pain to come as this drama escalates.
The disappointments are just as much a part of the process as the victories. The greatest wealth is always created from the ashes of chaos. If you are not in the game you'll miss the investment opportunities the current crisis creates. Pick yourself up, quickly take a positive step, and know that you’re closer to reaching your goal than you’ve ever been before.
Good luck and safe trading!

Asoka Samarakone FB Page

Truth Seeker and judecroos like this post

71Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:00 am

judecroos

ChooBoy wrote:The latest woes have left millions of small investors feeling more confused than ever.
The free markets and common sense beg us to flee to safety. However, that's not to say there will not be any speed bumps on the road to prosperity.
The stock market's sudden downturn has left investors asking a disturbingly familiar question: What should I do now? The latest woes have left millions of small investors feeling more confused than ever. The volatility has triggered frantic calls from small investors who are desperate for guidance.
The up trend seems to have run out of steam for the time being. There could be a fair amount of pain to come as this drama escalates.
The disappointments are just as much a part of the process as the victories. The greatest wealth is always created from the ashes of chaos. If you are not in the game you'll miss the investment opportunities the current crisis creates. Pick yourself up, quickly take a positive step, and know that you’re closer to reaching your goal than you’ve ever been before.
Good luck and safe trading!

Asoka Samarakone FB Page
Thank you for the encouraging words laid here for the benefit of all the members. Thank you again and again Mr. Samarakone and chooboy who shared this in the forum.

72Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:15 am

Junior investor

Junior investor
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I remembered when first covid market crash lots of people said '' don't catch falling knifes and wait for the bottom. you know what? I caught lots of those falling knife at that time and nothing bad happened.

if you are an investor you have to catch some

C.THARANGA likes this post

73Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:27 am

FireandWater

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

No one can predict the bottom. we should not sell at this point. if in cash try and collect if the market is around 5500 levels. it might go down further but thats the investment risk. when it comes up which i think after a month every one will be happy. If buying buy value stock, these will go up slowly. but recover fast in a down turn.

Junior investor likes this post

74Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:30 am

roshan1039

Junior investor wrote:I remembered when first covid market crash lots of people said '' don't catch falling knifes and wait for the bottom. you know what? I caught lots of those falling knife at that time and nothing bad happened.

Agree with you, me too did same, but it should be done very carefully.

I expect another 200 to 300 points drop.

Buy at the right time let the panic to sell grab the opportunity at the right time.

Corona will not destroy the market, it will give you many opportunities to be rich.

Junior investor and judecroos like this post

75Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:38 am

judecroos

roshan1039 wrote:
Junior investor wrote:I remembered when first covid market crash lots of people said '' don't catch falling knifes and wait for the bottom. you know what? I caught lots of those falling knife at that time and nothing bad happened.

Agree with you, me too did same, but it should be done very carefully.

I expect another 200 to 300 points drop.

Buy at the right time let the panic to sell grab the opportunity at the right time.

Corona will not destroy the market, it will give you many opportunities to be rich.
True. Only you must have patients to hold and wait.

Junior investor and invest thinker like this post

76Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am

invest thinker

invest thinker

no one understand this is temporary dip. few of them tried to panic people through various medias. because of, they already sold out entire. now, they wants to collect lower side. don't give any chances for them and better to avoid such youtube channel. after 2 weeks, every things under control..

judecroos and CSEdeSILVA like this post

77Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:57 am

judecroos

invest thinker wrote:no one understand this is temporary dip. few of them tried to panic people through various medias. because of, they already sold out entire. now, they wants to collect lower side. don't give any chances for them and better to avoid such youtube channel. after 2 weeks, every things under control..
 Thank you for your effort to write these few words  for the benefit of all our members. It is very sad some members of our forum take this situation to an advantage to mislead and ROB the hard earned money to their bosses or parties. These people also have youtube videos to mislead people. Thank you again for your humanity.  Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_smile Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_smile Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Icon_smile

78Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:12 am

nish84

NOW COLLECT KOTA....

79Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm

roshan1039

Just to recall those jokers who told mkt will fall and mislead the crowd . Dont forget them

geesura likes this post

80Dont catch falling knives! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dont catch falling knives! Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm

geesura

geesura

roshan1039 wrote:Just to recall those jokers who told mkt will fall and mislead the crowd . Dont forget them
😂😂😂

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum