FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Today at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

I will never buy Poultry stocks here after !! its a sin..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Think9

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Buyin shares on particular stocks means ur a shareholder in that particular share.. buyin these shares, straightly says u owe a company where ppl kill animals to earn..

what goes around comes around.. !!

who is with me ?? we re stil not late to make our mind.

Share this post on: reddit

Gaja wrote:While its up to individuals to decide in which stocks to invest! some people avoid in investing some stocks for some reasons.

If we go that basis in really we can't invest in any stocks, here if you consider poultry stocks as bad, then you should avoid banking sector because they finance it, insurance because they insure these people, transport companies because they used to transport, power sectors because they supply electricity, super markets because they sell those, like the list will go on and go on, because in the world practically you can't isolated any business in the world

Kindly note this reply is not intended to hurt anybody's individual believe.

Fully submit to the view expressed by Gaja.
On a side note, let me share the meaning of the word Hypocrisy..
"Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

@chan
C'mon dear, u r better than this. See through a white glass what is said there. Its a religious site that I agree but the content is the key. If u disagree with the content, then tell that with evidence.
I was just showing non-veg is ok in scientific terms. See through on that context. Do not go after any religion/philosophy or even science too much. Too much makes us "panditheyo", that we try to avoid.

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:12 pm by chan5

ninja wrote:@chan
C'mon dear, u r better than this. See through a white glass what is said there. Its a religious site that I agree but the content is the key. If u disagree with the content, then tell that with evidence.

ok sure i'll show the scientific explanation to all.As far as my knowledge.
and i,m quoting from the site you linked.
islam basics

11. Over population of cattle

If every human being was a vegetarian, it would lead to overpopulation of cattle in the world, since their reproduction and multiplication is very swift. Allah (swt) in His Divine Wisdom knows how to maintain the balance of His creation appropriately. No wonder He has permitted us to have the meat of the cattle.
there's nothing like that.any eco system has a maximum carrying capacity.wich is controlled by food demand by the next energy level of food chain.
source is primary class - science text book - grade 11 - biology unit 3

Cost of meat is reasonable since all aren’t non-vegetarians

I do not mind if some people are pure vegetarians. However they should not condemn non-vegetarians as ruthless. In fact if all Indians become non-vegetarians then the present non-vegetarians would be losers since the prices of meat would rise.
supply and demand ..? here are clever people than me who can explain on this ground.

question "Why do you slaughter the animal painfully by cutting the throat instead of the way we do with one stroke i.e. jhatka?"
The Muslim replied "We are brave and courageous and attack from the front.
do you think that killing a cow or pig needs such machoism..?

The blood has to be drained completely before the head is removed. The purpose is to drain out most of the blood which would serve as a good culture medium for micro organisms. The spinal cord must not be cut because the nerve fibres to the heart could be damaged during the process causing cardiac arrest, stagnating the blood in the blood vessels.
cardiac arrest occurs in loose of 30% of blood. so no point.
and nerve supply is not nessecery to function of heart as it's controlled by itself.nerve supply just maintain the rate.that's why you get people in coma state as their brain is dead but heart is functioning at a regular rate.

The swift cutting of vessels of the neck disconnects the flow of blood to the nerve of the brain responsible for pain. Thus the animal does not feel pain. While dying, the animal struggles, writhers, shakes and kicks, not due to pain, but due to the contraction and relaxation of the muscles defecient in blood and due to the flow of blood out of the body.
there's a thing cause ischemic pain(pain due to low blood supply) which is the worst you can imagine.the heart attack pain also the same type. ask somebody who had a heart attack and you realize that your book is wrong.it's an unpleasant, often excruciating pain associated with decreased blood flow caused by mechanical obstruction, constricting orthopedic casts, or insufficient blood flow
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/ischemic+pain

Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium,
hook worm- by penetrating your foot , not by food
pin worm - orally by any contaminated food are unhygienic practices, no pork thing
round worm -unhygienic water and foods, mainly unwashed vegetables.
there's a one called taenia saginata in beef also, so pork no safe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taenia_saginata

but the real issues are here,
in any ground i don't admit this filths

sorry - these texts were removed by myself(chan) as it was away from the topic and i don't want to confront religious views of Islam , "chan"

why can't you behave like a man and decide what you need.
why living by a book? which is historical and without update for 2011.

what i can say is, meet we can't omit from our food as it causes health hazards.
but i never admit the halal cruelty. at least give them a peaceful death...
on the name of any god.
THAT SCIENCE IS SOMETHING WHICH I NEVER HEARD OF,.........

no hard feelings,
thanks

Last edited by chan5 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : removing the unrelated post)

@chan5 Ohhhh! hooow hoooow!, keep ur cool dear, that will make u clear. Be stick to the point and avoid nonsense. We are here having a discussion on having meet is scientific or not. Nothing else.

Will speak about the rest in another forum. Anyway, u r my good friend dear. I sincerely think so and I honestly believe we can be together though we have differences in our opinion. This makes our world beautiful.

Cheers Mate

ninja wrote:@chan5 Ohhhh! hooow hoooow!, keep ur cool dear, that will make u clear. Be stick to the point and avoid nonsense. We are here having a discussion on having meet is scientific or not. Nothing else.

Will speak about the rest in another forum. Anyway, u r my good friend dear. I sincerely think so and I honestly believe we can be together though we have differences in our opinion. This makes our world beautiful.

Cheers Mate

clearly. i also wanted to stick to the point, but the page you linked had the topics i quoted about too..
so i had to quote them to show the reliability and science of your reference.
non of them are my words and please note all the phrases are extractions from above site.
those were below your reference so i just extracted them.

no hard feelings,at all.

so as you are friend.

think about this..
"Be an indipendant human, think scientifically, use your religion to fill the spaces.not to fill your life." learn every religion and get the best for your life.

and
Don't believe anything just because it was in a book,somebody told,you heard, or even if you see. just think in yourself and you decide,admit those only if you are satisfy with it.
- by lord buddha

didn't want to confront your religious views at all.

pls note that i'm not a buddhist

Market Sucker

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:55 pm by Market Sucker

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1601051434601

see this........... Sad Sad Sad

delete this post if not good....

bakapandithaya

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:26 pm by bakapandithaya

Poultry stock not good to buy, how about this drunken

Quibit wrote:This is a hot topic.. That's why moved to the expert chambers!!
This topic is no more a stock market discussion. Hence it shouldn't be move to expert chambers but should be deleted from the forum.

Ditta damma wedaniya karma...

Deeds that gives results during the the same financial year... lol!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1601051434601

see this........... Sad Sad Sad

delete this post if not good....

this s really sad.. hope we can get hold of video of a chicken factory as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc1Ygt6fIdw&feature=related

rijayasooriya

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:47 am by rijayasooriya

chan5 wrote:

there's nothing called western science or western medicine. it's evidence based medicine and science. so i ithink i dont want to argue on heam iron with you.

quantum physics - irrelevant

This part is for others,If u do not eat meat eat milk products and fresh green leafy vegetables u will not get anaemia or neral canal defect.Do not misguided by 'know it all's posts.
i don't argue you brother. there's something wrong somewhere in our education system. we were never scientific enough as a nation.all sciences have been battered by religious views and culprits.a man should have a vision and religion.but try to be scientific too.i can give references for all my sayings in reputed journals.

let me put in this in simple way.
if you can find - please watch

prison break - us tele drama
batti or paba - sri lankan's at the same time frame

as both are produced for mass population of respective countries,
see how scientific their population by ,use of biological , chemical and physics applications.

i may sound silly, but seriously note it you will see the light.

no hard feelings
thanks

Sorry to tell u brother but u are a victim of this westernised education system.What u are talking is western science and western medicine.When u first learn it u get this feeling of learning world's best knowledge system as this western science is covered with mouth watering icing.But if u learn it in to deep without worshiping it u will see the reality. I am not against any of those western knowledge but try to understand the reality.Western people are still governing us through their econical,educational,medicinal etc system.There are absorbing our knowladge and any other knowledge in to their system.They do not do copy and paste or imitating.But what do most of us do? Copy and paste of their knowledge.

What should we do? We should absorb their knowledge in to our system and develop a our system.

Western science is now at a lost because of discoveries made in quntum physics.Tharefore they are now interested in buddhism which gives a better explanation for quntum physics.

I have watched prison break,a tatooed guy called Michael Scofield,suffering from a brain tumour but ultimately sacrified his life to escape his wife,Dr.Sara Tancredi form a prison, try to escape his brother Lincoln Burrows,who has falsly alleged for murdering US vice president's brother.There is another US teledrama called LOST which will give you little bit of insight in to quntum physics and so called evidence based science.But remember it is also a drama like Prison Break.

Last edited by rijayasooriya on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Its Really Hot Topic...... Juss started to refer Smile

People who hold poultry stocks & if they think its killing animals ... pls sell your shares @ right now .. bcz thr many ppl wants to buy those shares @ Lower Prices Smile

Thr was really good comment on 1st page & tht bro mentioned somthng abt Borella Supermarket Smile

I wanna say him : Bro .... If you have leisure time please research abt Halal Smile Bcz its not only killing any living being ... the Halal Process its very Lengthy Process.... U knw According to Halal U cnt Kill animals who hvng diffrent types of Ill Animal & further U cnt Kill who is pregnant animal (Pls Correct if grammar is wrong).... I knw those who kills animals Under Halal Logo without obey the rule ... thy shd killed 1st Smile

But If your trying to condemn the Halal Rule Sad Thn its really worst Bcz your trying to slash healthy living rule ..... Smile Wel Come U r View Smile

http://www.dailynews.lk/epaper/art.asp?id=2011/09/26/pg23_8&pt=p&h=

stockanalytic

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 pm by stockanalytic

Think9 wrote:Buyin shares on particular stocks means ur a shareholder in that particular share.. buyin these shares, straightly says u owe a company where ppl kill animals to earn..

Think9, I've attached some poultry related topics those were posted/replied by you.
are you sure that you didn't invest in poultry stocks??? Promotion also against your theory. But if we clearly analyse the posts made by you - I am sure that you invested in poultry in the past- may be now also.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t8807-bfl-future
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7344-hsig-sfs-clpl-wapo-gran-guar-keep-on-eye
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7560-bfl-keep-an-eye-on
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7385-bfln0000-tommorow-29-07-2011-technical-analysis-price-level

stockanalytic wrote:
Think9 wrote:Buyin shares on particular stocks means ur a shareholder in that particular share.. buyin these shares, straightly says u owe a company where ppl kill animals to earn..

Think9, I've attached some poultry related topics those were posted/replied by you.
are you sure that you didn't invest in poultry stocks??? Promotion also against your theory. But if we clearly analyse the posts made by you - I am sure that you invested in poultry in the past- may be now also.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t8807-bfl-future
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7344-hsig-sfs-clpl-wapo-gran-guar-keep-on-eye
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7560-bfl-keep-an-eye-on
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t7385-bfln0000-tommorow-29-07-2011-technical-analysis-price-level

Onna Boss Athatama Mattu Sad

Huta Razz

My comment related to BFL topic on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 am

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t8807-bfl-future#59617

glwking wrote:As my understanding tourists are staying at hotels. Therefor, hotel sector should benefit from the large number of tourist arrivals. But I never knew (until I read this comments) tourists are staying in chicken farms. lol!

Reply to my comment by Think9 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:31 am

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t8807-bfl-future#59661

Think9 wrote:@glwking : u should understand the sectors where chicken consumption climb up most. and hotel sector do have a direct relationship with poultry stks. Hotels too have an effect coz of the tourist arrivals but remember ! most of the hotels are still over-valued.. but chicken stocks ( specially BFL ) are still under-valued..

so tourist arrivals gives more benefit for food & beverage stks than hotels ..

Again my reply on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 am

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t8807-bfl-future#59748

glwking wrote:@Think9, I am not against to chicken farmers or paltry stocks. But how can you justify the large number of tourist arrivals will be benefited to Food & beverage sector than hotel sector. Hope you are not kidding.

I too agree, according to the past earnings BFL is trading at lower PER. But these these kind of livestock shares should not trade high PER due to risk involved in the industry.

Just look at the true color of the people. I am not favourable or against to any poultry stock. But this is my general comment.

@stockanalytic :

This just came to ma mind.. once one of ma friends told me not to buy tellin me its a sin but that time i was greedy to earn more money and i bought lot of times..and recently i calculated the gain / loss i got from those , i realized that what i ve earn from those is pretty low... and these re da shares i ve traded most in ma life..

mayb it s message for me to gain low on those.. and I made up ma mind not to buy again.
( though im pretty confident that we will see a chicken run soon. im not gonna enter. )

whe ur tryin to involve in a discussion.. next time just make sure u go through all the posts.. try to find this post which i posted..

minus reps for a good cause ? affraid

weird.

It is better if you can make this post at GRAN/TAFL above 150 and BFL above 350...
U made this at buying time not the selling time but the value of your post remain same.. I will consider this in future but not now

SL.Market wrote:

It is better if you can make this post at GRAN/TAFL above 150 and BFL above 350...
U made this at buying time not the selling time but the value of your post remain same.. I will consider this in future but not now
Correctly said SL.Market. There are people who promote shares to sell and demote a share to buy. I see this post as like that. Currently I don't have any poultry shares in my portfolio. But I may collect it if it's go further down.

( though im pretty confident that we will see a chicken run soon. im not gonna enter. )

i knw its the buying point. and that what i made ppl to think b4 buying. u ve to tel b4 killin the chicken not when after killin it ha ? true ! i neva thought abt this far deeply b4 but this time i did..

I will consider this in future but not now

sure man! its ur choice..

@glwking :

There are people who promote shares to sell and demote a share to buy

haha dude! how old re u btw ?? hw long ve u bn investin on shares ?

just try to figure out the mkt capitalization and try to estimate the no of ppl who check this forum (no.of hits ).. and compare these 2 figures ! then do let me know whether it will have an impact on shares. ( or a particular share ).
mate !mind me sayin this.. but u just knw lil abt shares..

Think9 wrote:@glwking :

just try to figure out the mkt capitalization and try to estimate the no of ppl who check this forum (no.of hits ).. and compare these 2 figures ! then do let me know whether it will have an impact on shares. ( or a particular share ).
Dude, do not under estimate these public forums. We all know the history. We all know what happend to one time popular forum (not equity forum) early this year. How they have pushed BFL and PCH to the peak.

again ! u got me wrong, i didn't underestimate the forum , i just told u the real facts..

Forum can make a huge impact if we all (majority) get interested on one or two shares.. but such a topic like this wont make impacts as such. not at all ! i underestimate ur knowledge nt the forum. Coz when u writin somethin u should really think whether u make sense.. or at least to go through the statistic page which this site has given.

Think9 wrote:again ! u got me wrong, i didn't underestimate the forum , i just told u the real facts..
Forum can make a huge impact if we all (majority) get interested on one or two shares.. but such a topic like this wont make impacts as such. not at all ! i underestimate ur knowledge nt the forum. Coz when u writin somethin u should really think whether u make sense.. or at least to go through the statistic page which this site has given.

@Think9
To me, you don't make sense. Sorry. You speak as if you have Phd in stock investment while you can take the rest for a ride. Evidence are given from the history posts highlighted by someone above.

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:09 pm by sawdanjema

hot topic

Market Sucker

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm by Market Sucker

glwking wrote:
Think9 wrote:@glwking :

Dude, do not under estimate these public forums. We all know the history. We all know what happend to one time popular forum (not equity forum) early this year. How they have pushed BFL and PCH to the peak.

glwking back to the action Smile

You speak as if you have Phd in stock investment

there s no such a PHD.. lol..

anyway ! u guys have the freedom of speech and the writin wat u feel. no offense for that. but hope u guys can talk and write basis of the topic.. so we can learn somethin.. like how this topic started and how others contributed.

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:50 pm by sawdanjema

Question Question Question

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum