FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Internet Connection

+10
Azthama
STOX
Dahamcse
Roboticfx
rijayasooriya
Zeus
tkc
ishnet
kumarweerarathne
swan03
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 pm

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Roboticfx wrote:

Well....Well...Eventhough youngh u seems to be know how to tackle with females Exclamation

ha! ha! male or female..... doesn't matter..... all are humans and all can understand.....So, no need any special practice to talk with females.

Wink

You are right Robo. If really need to help someone why we worried about whether he is she or he? What i can see is.. my internet fault has gone too far. So shall we stop this arguments gentleman? Rolling Eyes

27Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:29 pm

rijayasooriya

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Roboticfx wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
Roboticfx wrote:

Well....Well...Eventhough youngh u seems to be know how to tackle with females Exclamation

ha! ha! male or female..... doesn't matter..... all are humans and all can understand.....So, no need any special practice to talk with females.

Wink
Ha...Ha...All are humans but males and females are quite different both biologically and psychologically. Consider this as an advice from an elder brother...U definitely need two different techniques if u want to tackle successfully with those two different entities.

talking to both of them like a real friend and with proper words is the best way. Very Happy

swan3. please put your idea please! otherwise this argument never ends. Very Happy
I do not consider this as an argument about real friend,proper words or helping each other. I consider this as a valuable sociological disscussion.
Anyway we will continue this after u get another 5 or 10year experience. Wink

28Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Roboticfx

This can be understood by a child who is in grade 2.

29Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:45 pm

rijayasooriya

Roboticfx wrote:This can be understood by a child who is in grade 2.
Eventhough I do not know I may be below grade 2.
Wish u all the best....!!!!!

30Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Roboticfx

rijayasooriya wrote:
Roboticfx wrote:This can be understood by a child who is in grade 2.
Eventhough I do not know I may be below grade 2.
Wish u all the best....!!!!!

I meant the topic for our discussion. not your previous post. Anyway, don't worry. We enjoyed from this. Wasn't it? Very Happy

31Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:55 pm

STOX

STOX
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

try with etisalat.. they have a HSDPA dongle which supports up to 21mbps..
they dont block the internet speed. try with etisalat

32Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Zeus

Zeus
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Well, my questions is how the hell do you know she is a REAL female (There are tons of fakes out there)? LOL. No offense, just saying.

http://ruchirac.blogspot.com/

33Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Zeus

Zeus
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

swan03 wrote:My Internet connection is pretty slow. Do you have the same problem guys? Or something wrong with my PC.

Did you try out my solution? First of all check your PC for potential viruses and spams. And what is the browser you are using? Latest Firefox sucks. Switch to Chrome then try the same web sites. Let me know the results then I may can help you.

34Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 pm

swan03

Zeus wrote:
swan03 wrote:My Internet connection is pretty slow. Do you have the same problem guys? Or something wrong with my PC.

Did you try out my solution? First of all check your PC for potential viruses and spams. And what is the browser you are using? Latest Firefox sucks. Switch to Chrome then try the same web sites. Let me know the results then I may can help you.

Checked my PC for virus. Its ok. Im using firefox and google chrome. The problems occur when i try to listen to songs on youtube. Tried to contact SLT today. But they never responded. BTW, I removed some softwares in my PC. No idea that caused the problem.

35Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

swan03 wrote:
Zeus wrote:

Checked my PC for virus. Its ok. Im using firefox and google chrome. The problems occur when i try to listen to songs on youtube. Tried to contact SLT today. But they never responded. BTW, I removed some softwares in my PC. No idea that caused the problem.
Is ur ADSL connection new or old ? New connections are under fair-used-policy ie connection will be slowed down after ?15GB usage.

36Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 pm

swan03

[/quote]
Is ur ADSL connection new or old ? New connections are under fair-used-policy ie connection will be slowed down after ?15GB usage.[/quote]

Its been 4 years.

37Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Azthama

Azthama
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I got same experience in 2 weeks back,,At that time i tried to overcome this problem by restarting my PC, switch off/on router and closing and opening the browser for no of times. But it did not work. Then i have to reset my router coincidently, after that, it's working fine.I'm using SLT unlimited package and browser is Safari. Smile

38Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Zeus

Zeus
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

swan03 wrote:
Zeus wrote:

Internet connection might always be slow when you do streaming. But from what you have said, I take it as it's a NEW problem. Uninstalling software would not cause internet speed to be slow unless you didn't remove some speed accelerators. And do not use both browsers at same time. Latest firefox (i.e firefox 7.0.1) consume too much memory.

39Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:31 pm

swan03

Zeus, shall i uninstall the Firefox and re install again? I have bookmarked some important sites. When uninstalling, are they erased?

40Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm

ishnet

ishnet
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

swan03 wrote:Zeus, shall i uninstall the Firefox and re install again? I have bookmarked some important sites. When uninstalling, are they erased?
You have to export your bookmarks
Go to Bookmarks > Show all bookmarks > click on import & Export Bookmarks > Export to HTML

41Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Zeus

Zeus
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/16/98/03/93/untitl11.jpg

First, import all your Firefox bookmarks to chrome. The above screenshot might help you for that. There is a way that you can keep bookmarks when you uninstall Firefox but it's always good to keep a backup.

I don't see why you need to install it again. Honestly, the only reason why I use Firefox is, for testing. LOL

42Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:55 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Roboticfx wrote:Use etisalat web packages. it's very speed. Get a new sim and recharge it and choose a web plan. No need to buy their dongle if you have one or if you wish to use other networks also. Etisalat dongles are very difficult to unlock.

Airtel is the cheapest and it's speed is also good but not suitable for directFN because sometimes it's speed goes to 0. You use directFN. Isn't it?

Use internet speed boosters. You can download a free and well worked programme from trackzapper.com.

Use a newly updated virus guard and search your whole system. Keep on its auto scanning utility always.

There are some software which get information from internet daily and there are some which update automatically without showing any message. If you faced this problem after installing an unknown software, first uninstall it and see.

Check your browser that you have put an proxy. If your isp provide several ips try them and select the best one.

If you use a dongle, connect it to the back side usb ports because it is more speed than front side ports.

Driver problems of modems and dongles affects the connection speed directly. If they are available, fix them quickly.

Hardware problems of internet devices, damages on wires also affects the speed.

Missing of system files in windows directory also reasons for this. You can check this by typing sfc/scannow in RUN window and then pressing enter.

If you have an adsl connection there may be problems in devices which distribute the connection so please tell this problem to the telecom soon.

If you are unable to solve your problem by following these methods, please write down it in this post again or pm me if you want to get know more about a method.

(Akki, your profile picture is attractive and it tells a proper meaning.)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*a good fruitful reply,keep it up robot Smile

*btw you are correct,artl speed sometimes goes to zero Mad .,im also using a dongal,its fast and easy to use..

*guys SWAN is a female,she is around 24-29,i think Wink so akka to me also Smile

43Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:54 am

swan03

Thanks all for your valuable advice. @ Roboticfx I will PM you.

44Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:12 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

swan03 wrote:@ Roboticfx I will PM you.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

45Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Zeus

Zeus
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

rijayasooriya wrote:
swan03 wrote:@ Roboticfx I will PM you.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol!

46Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:42 pm

swan03

Soo funny guys Rolling Eyes

47Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

What's the matter ri and zu? She asked me how to configure the trackzapper internet booster.

Nikan heethalak wage hadeegena enawadha?

Note: Above saying is usually told by our mathematics sir!

:Deleted:

48Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Roboticfx wrote:What's the matter ri and zu? She asked me how to configure the trackzapper internet booster.

Nikan heethalak wage hadeegena enawadha?

Note: Above saying is usually told by our mathematics sir!

:Deleted:
Why are u so troubled ? Reason for my laughing is not any dirty feeling.Actually swan3(not her problem) has become the prominant topic in this thread(may be because of me).Therefore I thought she just tried to reduce that attention by disscussing her matter personally with u.This is the reason for my laugh.

49Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:28 pm

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

i got a 20 MBPS broadband but still there is a small delay

50Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:58 am

swan03

Ok gentleman.. Now please stop arguing. I talked with SLT. They say that if I pass 18 GB downloading capacity the server auto reduce the speed it seems.

51Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:18 am

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

swan03 wrote:Ok gentleman.. Now please stop arguing. I talked with SLT. They say that if I pass 18 GB downloading capacity the server auto reduce the speed it seems.
That is the fair-used policy as I have mentioned earlier.U may be able to speed it up for additional money.

52Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Kumar

Kumar

Wonderful the simple problem I'm the 44th person commenting.
Funny no?

53Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:55 am

mono

mono

swan03 wrote:Ok gentleman.. Now please stop arguing. I talked with SLT. They say that if I pass 18 GB downloading capacity the server auto reduce the speed it seems.

Swan if you got this connection before 1st may 2011 SLT has no right to auto reduce your speed. The law is pretty straightforward about this go to telecom and complain to them. They are obligated by law to restore your original speeds.

Here are the conditions setup by the Sri Lanka telecommunication regulation commission.
http://www.trc.gov.lk/images/pdf/Volume_Based_Broadband_Packages_slt.pdf

The relevant part can be found on page 3

The customers who have been already subscribed to unlimited broadband tariff plans have to be continued. The operator will not be permitted to apply FUP on existing unlimited broadband packages.

Got them and threaten to report to the TRC, and litigate if necessary.

54Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:16 pm

swan03

mono wrote:

Swan if you got this connection before 1st may 2011 SLT has no right to auto reduce your speed. The law is pretty straightforward about this go to telecom and complain to them. They are obligated by law to restore your original speeds.

Here are the conditions setup by the Sri Lanka telecommunication regulation commission.

The customers who have been already subscribed to unlimited broadband tariff plans have to be continued. The operator will not be permitted to apply FUP on existing unlimited broadband packages.

Thanks Mono. I got the connection in 2007.

55Internet Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Internet Connection Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:38 pm

mono

mono

swan03 wrote:
mono wrote:

Thanks Mono. I got the connection in 2007.

you should be good. Just talk to them. good luck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum