FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

A point to ponder.....!

+2
tubal
anu
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A point to ponder.....! Empty A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:26 am

anu

anu
Manager - Equity Analytics

Existing companies are churning out rights and warrants like pop-corn machine.

50 other IPOs are lined up with the tongue sticking out to gobble investors.

Retail investors are in deep deep trouble with credit clearing and becoming penniless by the day.

Institutional investors are on the sidelines and will show up only for some strategic selling or buy over.

With all the hype created over CSE, sad fact remains that foreign investors are net sellers.

Are we living with an utopian dream stock exchange, the follies of which are being exposed slowly....???

Isn't it only a dream that all these IPOs will be oversubscribed? UB IPO will give a lesson to many investors when they find hard to meet their bank guarantee charges even.

For most part retail investors were the driving force and the current trend will make many new to get shocked and shunned away....

Points to ponder....Counter views are welcome!!!

2A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 am

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

anu wrote:Existing companies are churning out rights and warrants like pop-corn machine.

Retail investors are in deep deep trouble with credit clearing and becoming penniless by the day.

Institutional investors are on the sidelines and will show up only for some strategic selling or buy over.

With all the hype created over CSE, sad fact remains that foreign investors are net sellers.

Are we living with an utopian dream stock exchange, the follies of which are being exposed slowly....???

Isn't it only a dream that all these IPOs will be oversubscribed? UB IPO will give a lesson to many investors when they find hard to meet their bank guarantee charges even.

For most part retail investors were the driving force and the current trend will make many new to get shocked and shunned away....

Counter views you will not get from me, I've been saying the exact same thing for a long time.

3A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

anu wrote:Existing companies are churning out rights and warrants like pop-corn machine.

One thing to note is all IPOs will not be subscription based. I believe considerable number will be Introductions. So like UB tying up money will not be needed. I think we should be very selective with IPO now it they are subsription based. Best to study fundamentals as well as issue quantity , retailer allocations before investing in them

4A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 am

Fresher

we only talk about money to subscribe for IPOs and then about their oversubsription
but there are rights issue which are almost the same. some are massive in terms of the money they want to raise.
do our people have so much wealth?

5A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:19 am

duke

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

npp wrote:we only talk about money to subscribe for IPOs and then about their oversubsription
but there are rights issue which are almost the same. some are massive in terms of the money they want to raise.
do our people have so much wealth?

One thing that can happen is, and already happened, one sister company will have to take some part of the woes of the other sister company and that company shareholders may have to suffer again and bother have to fall down together.

6A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 am

anu

anu

When market has excess liquidity, thereby the existing shares are over valued and more buyers are chasing few shares, then mopping up the liquidity by a number of IPOs, rights, warrants, introductions etc. are relevant.

When the market is gasping for breath, nearing coma and bigwigs are not willing to give saline, these are follies which does not hold water. Hope the failure of SEYB rights will help expose the reality a little.

7A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

How come retial investors get shunted away ? ITs the big guns and medium term investors that post crap like this about IPOs or the once who have invested everything on the secondary market and can not spare cash on IPOs!
Retail investors don't use bank grantees they apply for small amounts from checks! Most small retailers applied for about 500( remember how many were satisfied at Singer IPOS 500 allotment ?) shares and sometimes with there realities accounts! some of these get even more shares than big guns and will make a good earning from the IPOS compared with the secondary market they are not that familiar with!

These kinds of posts are always quite common when ever the market start to go down and people are loosing there portfolio values and hate the retailers investing in IPOs as they think this a big reason for under performing secondary market! I can remember so many articles like this in November and December filled at investnow.lk !

Please don't try to misguide the small retailers who is trying to survive the tough times by applying for few shares at IPOs and trying to make a living! After all IPOs are the only thing thats driving whats is already a over heated market thats few steps away from becoming a Bangladesh stock market!

8A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:17 am

anu

anu

Rajitha wrote:How come retial investors get shunted away ? ITs the big guns and medium term investors that post crap like this about IPOs or the once who have invested everything on the secondary market and can not spare cash on IPOs!
Retail investors don't use bank grantees they apply for small amounts from checks! Most small retailers applied for about 500( remember how many were satisfied at Singer IPOS 500 allotment ?) shares and sometimes with there realities accounts! some of these get even more shares than big guns and will make a good earning from the IPOS compared with the secondary market they are not that familiar with!

These kinds of posts are always quite common when ever the market start to go down and people are loosing there portfolio values and hate the retailers investing in IPOs as they think this a big reason for under performing secondary market! I can remember so many articles like this in November and December filled at investnow.lk !

Please don't try to misguide the small retailers who is trying to survive the tough times by applying for few shares at IPOs and trying to make a living! After all IPOs are the only thing thats driving whats is already a over heated market thats few steps away from becoming a Bangladesh stock market!

Thanks Rajitha, I actually said counter views are welcome and you obliged it..!

IPOs are something needed for the market, but actually an overdose of it will make it unattractive. You can see many recent IPOs have not fared significantly and the prices are more or less hovering around the issue price.

I am not a fan of IPOs. I only deal with secondary market. Actually IPOs like PCH was helpful for me to study the stock leisurely, buy at a discount and make a decent gain in a couple of months.

I am a retailer and not opposed my clan. But the reality of my post will dawn on everyone during the year.
Wish you good luck

9A point to ponder.....! Empty Re: A point to ponder.....! Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:21 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

anu wrote:
Rajitha wrote:How come retial investors get shunted away ? ITs the big guns and medium term investors that post crap like this about IPOs or the once who have invested everything on the secondary market and can not spare cash on IPOs!

Thanks Rajitha, I actually said counter views are welcome and you obliged it..!

IPOs are something needed for the market, but actually an overdose of it will make it unattractive. You can see many recent IPOs have not fared significantly and the prices are more or less hovering around the issue price.

I am not a fan of IPOs. I only deal with secondary market. Actually IPOs like PCH was helpful for me to study the stock leisurely, buy at a discount and make a decent gain in a couple of months.

I am a retailer and not opposed my clan. But the reality of my post will dawn on everyone during the year.
Wish you good luck
Actually I did not write over half the things in that quote! where did you got those quotes? some of them even mention me in 3rd person!

PS:- sorry nvm you edited it a bit later Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum