FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Yesterday at 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Mon May 13, 2024 8:42 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay?

+3
BenZ
silentsahan
investor0000
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:37 pm

investor0000

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

If I have on line trading facility, can I sell some shares that I hold & immediately use those proceeds to buy some some other shares? or will the system take time to sell the shares, recognize the money the money coming in & then only I can use the money to buy the shares?

And how will the broker fees, CSE fees get recognized?

2On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty In brief my bro Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:55 pm

silentsahan

silentsahan
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Yes. you can buy, sell any share immediately at the current price.
If you are not happy with current price, you can wait till time to
be an action boy.

In that case you can use Order-Book facility to do them...

once you sold, it will show in your online account. Then if you like try an
another..thas how things with online...

fees are around 1.02% (im not sure..)
some one may tell you the rest machan...

happy trading...... Very Happy

3On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:24 pm

BenZ

BenZ
Manager - Equity Analytics

Brokerages and other charges for up to 50Mn transactions for any trading system ...

Brokerage Fees - 0.640%
CSE Fees - 0.084%
CDS Fees - 0.024% ( Minimum CDS Fee is 5.00/- per transaction)
SEC Fees - 0.072%
Share Transaction Levy - 0.300%

Total ----------------------- 1.120%

4On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:34 pm

BenZ

BenZ

If you do both buying and selling doing in the same marketday (aka Day Trade) Brokerage will be waived off for buying transaction.

Then your total Transaction cost will be ----

Buying Charges = (1.12% - 0.64%) = 0.48% of buying amount
Selling Charges = 1.12% of selling amount

Approximately total will be = 1.60%

(Since your net buying cost and selling costs are different you can not say it is exactly 1.6%)

5On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:07 pm

investor0000

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Thanks a lot for all the replies....

So how will the actually cash movement take place? can we link our bank accounts?

6On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:15 pm

silentsahan

silentsahan
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

So how will the actually cash movement take place? scratch

can we link our bank accounts? Mad

7On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:31 pm

BenZ

BenZ

You have to first deposit money on the Broker firm's bank account and send/give them the bank deposit slip. then broker firm maintain a track of your money (logically u can say it as a account too).

After that you can ask to buy shares for you from your adviser.

he will bought shares for you and instantly shares will be deposit on your CDS account.

Once you sell the shares, they will keep your money if you ask to hold otherwise they will send a cheque to you.

Money flow is like this ...

You (Buyer) --> Your Broker Firm (Their Bank account) ---> Seller's Broker Firm (Bank account of seller's broker firm) --> Seller

** Sometimes seller and buyer both may be from same firm.

8On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:52 pm

bpm

Stock Trader

Dear Silentshan

Yes some accounts we can link, but surely some broker firms not allow this facility
I will add small things what I knew, some broker firms allow Comnet ( commercial bank on line facility ) direct debit facility which we able to deposit our funds without going to banks. It much easy but only thing it takes one working day to be credited.Better take a pdf printout to submit with your ID No to broker firm once you do the transaction through comnet. If you already have an account with Commercial bank and On line facility what you need is to asking your CDs account to link for this facility. It much easy !!.

9On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:01 pm

bpm

Stock Trader

I need some clarification how the order book works.Say for an example if my bid price Rs 100 but ask price is Rs 102, how does it works. Do the broker interfere to nogotiate it or it will just by pass for the next bid ? what is the split 1 - 2 -.,,,, On line trading effective than the broker conversion ? How do I know I have done it ( buy or sell ) succesfully. I am using Amtrad web based on line system. Can anybody suggest best software to use for on line trading for phone.

10On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Thank you bpm!I mean very much... Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:07 pm

silentsahan

silentsahan
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

bpm wrote:Dear Silentshan

Yes some accounts we can link, but surely some broker firms not allow this facility
I will add small things what I knew, some broker firms allow Comnet ( commercial bank on line facility ) direct debit facility which we able to deposit our funds without going to banks. It much easy but only thing it takes one working day to be credited.Better take a pdf printout to submit with your ID No to broker firm once you do the transaction through comnet. If you already have an account with Commercial bank and On line facility what you need is to asking your CDs account to link for this facility. It much easy !!.

oh my! thank you very much dear bpm bro.....
My firms are Ceylinco and asha... Ill ask them...
Really it is a good news bro..thank you again...
Very Happy

11On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:17 pm

silentsahan

silentsahan
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

bpm wrote:I need some clarification how the order book works.Say for an example if my bid price Rs 100 but ask price is Rs 102, how does it works. Do the broker interfere to nogotiate it or it will just by pass for the next bid ? what is the split 1 - 2 -.,,,, On line trading effective than the broker conversion ? How do I know I have done it ( buy or sell ) succesfully. I am using Amtrad web based on line system.
Can anybody suggest best software to use for on line
trading for phone
scratch
I didnt get...

say:
your bid 100 ask 102
nothing will happen, until you go for 102 or seller go for 100...
or another seller or buyer may be the luckier...
Got it?
flower

12On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:22 pm

achala75

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

On line trading is good. But little risky too. If you are a biginner it is not that much advisable doing trading through on line untill u learn stock market( specialy CSE) behaviour properly.. Small mistake would cause for a big loss. However it is good to learn with small quantities initialy.

13On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

When you have the power to trade at your fingertips, you need to be disciplined. The urge to buy or sell can be overwhelming sometimes.

If you are as impulsive as I am, you are likely to lose money initially. When that happens, of course, you become wiser. So, get in there and trade... You have nothing to lose but your money and your inexperience! Laughing

14On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 pm

bpm

Stock Trader

What is the split follows with a number ( 1, 2 ) etc., in on line trading.

15On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Empty Re: On line Trading - Buy & Sell Delay? Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 pm

2011_NewComer

2011_NewComer
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

bpm wrote:What is the split follows with a number ( 1, 2 ) etc., in on line trading.

Split means how many people contribute to that bid or ask.
If there are 1000 shares and the split is 1 means - 1 person has put the order for full 1000 shares
If there are 1000 shares and the split is 3 means - 3 people have put orders for that price, and total number of shares to be traded at that price are 1000.(e.g. one person order 500 another 200 and the other 300, like wise..)

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum